• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well on the other hand he hasn't been seen in his usual costume thing yet

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
There are some things that I know! Characters should not get into Brawl just because ther represent a game. They should get into brawl based on their fighting ability! If they dont fight or kick the crap out of other characters in there own games they dont deserve to be in.

I believe there will be
-no amimal crossing character
-NO geno
-NO staffy

Sonic, Megaman, Snake will be the only 3rd party characters in the game.
waluigi WILL be playable!
Ness and Jigglepuff will return!!

Lucario will replace mewtwo as a playable character

Well I needed to increace my post count so i figured this was better than typeing 1 or 2 words i guess.
Its my thoughts on brawl. YES theres no freaken way Waluigi wont be in brawl!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
What I find strange is, Tom Nook is sporting his business suit in these screens, but in previous screens, when Smashville was first shown, he is wearing his Nook N' Go outfit, with the apron.

This has convinced me he is just a random, backround character and if any Animal Crossing character is playable, it will only be the Animal Crosser, either boy or girl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are some things that I know! Characters should not get into Brawl just because ther represent a game. They should get into brawl based on their fighting ability! If they dont fight or kick the crap out of other characters in there own games they dont deserve to be in.

I believe there will be
-NO geno
-NO staffy

Well I needed to increace my post count so i figured this was better than typeing 1 or 2 words i guess.
First of all, an AC character is practically confirmed...We just don't know who...

Anyone who says no Geno automatically voids the rest of their argument...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Hoping it's the AC Human, he has a lot more potential that Tom Nook, despite lacking a personality. Movewise he does have potential.

I believe there will be
-NO geno
-NO staffy

I would respond to this negatively, and be on you like white on rice.

But you're just another biased, uninformed idiot, so I'll let you soak in your own ignorance.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hoping it's the AC Human, he has a lot more potential that Tom Nook, despite lacking a personality. Movewise he does have potential.
I still prefer better character to better moveset...and I'm sure they could have been creative with it

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I still prefer better character to better moveset...and I'm sure they could have been creative with it
Tom Nook just sells things to people. Yes, he owns a bunch of items, but he isn't know to use them. Unless his moves are him selling things to players somehow and actually working, he wouldn't be much of a character. Now, the AC Human can actually use these items. Axe, shovel, fishing rod. Perfect for a fighter and AC representative. Mr. Resseti has a pick-axe, but is pretty much stuck in the ground, so he wouldn't do very well movement-wise. So yeah, honestly, the AC Human is the best choice, even if he isn't the most popular or the best personality, he's the best choice for Brawl overall.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Geno doesnt deserve it, megaman does!
Animal crossing is not a fighting game from what im aware. the spot should be reserved for fighters.
There representing animal crossing by adding in the stage and AT.
Theres no way a character thats in a non fighting game will get in enless its a joke character.

Watch as Sakurai mind-boggles us and reveals Kap’n as the AC rep, complete with pirate hat, beer mug taunt, and swash-buckling action.

.....and he'll be morbidly deformed and possess psychic powers rivaling those of Mewtwo along with s merry pirate jig as his victory in which Captain Jack Sparrow makes a cameo appearance.

I'm going to bed.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Geno doesnt deserve it, megaman does!
Animal crossing is not a fighting game from what im aware. the spot should be reserved for fighters.
There representing animal crossing by adding in the stage and AT.
Theres no way a character thats in a non fighting game will get in enless its a joke character.
So...it's all based on fighting games?
We may as well kick out half the characters of Melee/Brawl then, right?
Since when was Mario a pure fighting game?
:p

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Mario Is a fighter by heart, in all his games he kills things and shoots fireballs.
Charecters like the ice climbers could also take out enemys in there game.

Amimal Crossing wont have playable chararcter.

BTW how many games has Geno stared in? Did Geno have his own TV show?
Mega man did. The most popular old game boy game was mega man.
He atracted alot of freaken people to nintnedo,

Walugi has been in almost every Mario game lately he deserves it alot more than
some other characters. Nintendos gonna probably make a game for Walugi soon so this would be promoteing it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario Is a fighter by heart, in all his games he kills things and shoots fireballs.

BTW how many games has Geno stared in? Did Geno have his own TV show?
Mega man did. The most popular old game boy game was mega man.
He atracted alot of freaken people to nintnedo,

Walugi has been in almost every Mario game lately he deserves it alot more than
some other characters. Nintendos gonna probably make a game for Walugi soon so this would be promoteing it.
You want Waluigi and your trying to downplay Geno...Wow...

Geno has 10x the fans and has only been in 2 games...Says something about your Waluigi.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Genos spot will obviously be taken by megaman, Megaman was alot more popular
and would make a better fighter.
No one knows who the hell geno is except people who have played 1 of the 2 games.
Everyone knows who megaman is.

Waluigi deserves it alot more than geno. Geno wont have his own game ever.
Im just stateing facts, dont get mad at me im just bord speaking what on my mind

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
jesus all this talk about lucario this and geno that, if i read any of their names again im just going to run and smash my head into the wall!

both of them can suck it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Genos spot will obviously be taken by megaman, Megaman was alot more popular
and would make a better fighter.
No one knows who the hell geno is except people who have played 1 of the 2 games.
Everyone knows who megaman is.

Waluigi deserves it alot more than geno. Geno wont have his own game ever.
Im just stateing facts, dont get mad at me im just bord speaking what on my mind
If Megaman is more popular, why did Geno get more votes on Sakurai's poll?

If you haven't played Mario RPG, shut up...I really don't need to argue with someone who hates because of his own ignorance

JPW

Smash Ace
whoa okay good to see an Assist from AC. Now all we need is a character right?

still i'm a bit disappointed from this week.

I'm really hoping something big comes on Friday. You know it's building up for something.

I knew trophies would be back in some form. Diddy's final smash isn't that exciting in my view. And i'm a fan of Assist trophies but this is only and it's pretty crap just hearing someone talk for an assist trophy.

If I wanted a lecture I would buy a 100 copies of Smash Bros. Brawl and show them to my mum and have lecture me about wasting andd why do I need 100 games of the same name. And I'm pretty sure gamers will give me a lecture especially the 99 that I cost when I got the game.

Anyway do any of the quotes sound like they're aimed at us....

"Waiting to see who shows up will get that ticker pumping, believe you me."

"But that ain't what happens when i'm on the job, get me?"

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Psycho, Mega Man is more popular. there was never a published official count of that Japanese poll, those numbers are just the number of times they were nominated or something like that. But obviously, Mega Man being one of the biggest franchises in gaming, he is more known and more popular.

@TheMastermind-I disagree with your argument, but yes mega man should be in brawl

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Psycho, Mega Man is more popular. there was never a published official count of that Japanese poll, those numbers are just the number of times they were nominated or something like that. But obviously, Mega Man being one of the biggest franchises in gaming, he is more known and more popular.

@TheMastermind-I disagree with your argument, but yes mega man should be in brawl
I like Megaman but saying "I don't like Geno because I have never played his game" is the most idiotic argument and one of the only against Geno...and it's only used by really younger people that didn't play much of any of the Super Nintendo...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well, tommorow I don't expect much at all.

Just a how 2 play.
Seems fitting after todays WIN update. ^^

2000th post ftw.
I am now Blackadder 2000, apparently!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I like Megaman but saying "I don't like Geno because I have never played his game" is the most idiotic argument and one of the only against Geno...and it's only used by really younger people that didn't play much of any of the Super Nintendo...
yeah i know, thats why i said i disagree with his argument. i have never played SMRPG even though i have played many snes titles, which iswhy im neutral on the Geno issue

Eagle

Smash Lord

Fighter at heart?

What about Captain Olimar? I'm positive he'll make it in as a PC and I don't think Captain Olimar is a 'Fighter at Heart'.

Hes just a manipulative mastermind that would practically destroy a whole planet by destroying crops and lifeforms just so he can go home/get money.

And what about Peach? Shes a princess not some All-star fighting machine.

My point is, I think many characters have a good chance in even if they arn't 'Fighters at Heart' and they don't have to be joke characters either.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Holy **** he lectures from afternoon till sunset.

Jesus what kind of match are they playing?

EDIT: And that IS Yoshi's airdodge... but that's no confirmation of wavedashing.
Ya know...I'm pretty sure that they just made a screen shot during a DIFFERENT match...

What are you talking about...

BEST AT UPDATE EVER!!!!
CONCUR!

What I find strange is, Tom Nook is sporting his business suit in these screens, but in previous screens, when Smashville was first shown, he is wearing his Nook N' Go outfit, with the apron.

This has convinced me he is just a random, backround character and if any Animal Crossing character is playable, it will only be the Animal Crosser, either boy or girl.
I was going to mention this, actually...it probably IS random considering that I don't remember seeing Nook in ALL of the screen shots of the stage before. I don't know if that would make me think him more or less likely to show up, but...

I believe there will be
-NO geno
-NO staffy

Wow. So what you're saying is that Geno doesn't fight or kick the crap out of other characters in Super Mario RPG? You fail. HARD. And if that same argument is the basis of your claim that Mewtwo isn't going to be in this time, you obviously forget that he was only the strongest creature for three generations running (Arceus kinda stole that spot now, though he's nigh impossible to get ahold of).

I would say Waluigi would be an AT, but then again...he really has no established powers or abilities, so I guess the designers would just have to make him show up, laugh annoyingly at the camera while dancing like a gremlin, and then vanish.

shanus

Smash Hero
am I crazy for not wanting megaman? I would much rather see geno and sonic/knuckles

Sinn

Smash Lord
Wow Brawl looks more ******** every day.
Thank you for your intelligent contribution to the thread.

This is my favorite AT so far. From what I can tell, some of these ATs are here mainly for entertainment value. The ones that just attack feel kinda boring to me. I'm all for making the Pokémon do that, but for a character like Resetti...this is probably the perfect thing to do with him.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Thank you for your intelligent contribution to the thread.

You're welcome dude. I don't mind stepping in from time to time to tell things like they are. Brawl looks like it's designed for 10-year-olds.

No, wait. Six-year-olds.

Blackadder

Smash Master
You're welcome dude. I don't mind stepping in from time to time to tell things like they are. Brawl looks like it's designed for 10-year-olds.

No, wait. Six-year-olds.
It uhm...well...yeah?
That's why all of us Smashers are so sad and depressed.
But we love it anyway! :laugh:

Think about it: Melee is hardly the most mature game on the planet. Niether is Smash 64. Or many of the games the characters come from.

The joy is playing something kinda kiddy, but still being able to find depth in it.
Or so I think.

BoG

Smash Journeyman

I believe there will be
-NO geno
-NO staffy

Oh, brilliant. Peach, Zelda, you're out. Captain Falcon, you've never fought, you just drive, get out of our game. Fox doesn't fight, he just flies a ship. I guess he can go, too. Yoshi? Well, he's Mario's mount. He can eat, but fight? NAH!
As for your Waluigi suggestion? WHAT DOES WALUIGI EVER DO TO GIVE YOU A HINT AT FIGHTING ABILITY? He runs around on a board game and plays tennis? woo.
Yes, an animal crossing character would be soooo ridiculous for brawl.
No, on saturday at 8 p.m., after playing on the stage, a new challenger will approach, and KK will be playable. Who knows. there are still possibilities.

Oh, and the guy bashing on the age for brawl? 6 year olds? sounds good. It looks like a blast to play. I'm going to have all of my friends over, and it's going to be competitive, and hilarious. Looks to me like the only multiplayer game aside from Halo 3 that I may whip out for big parties. If your inferiority complex just seems to think fun is childish, well, then leave.

Sinn

Smash Lord

No, wait. Six-year-olds.
Your own personal opinion isn't telling anything like it is. I have no idea what you're using to base your claim that it's designed for young players.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Add me to the list of people who think this is a hilarious update

I would respond to this negatively, and be on you like white on rice.

But you're just another biased, uninformed idiot, so I'll let you soak in your own ignorance.

And you're being unreasonably negative about a genuinely amusing update. Nobody wants to hear you or anyone else whining about this update.

Btw, SMRPG was an AMAZING game, but I'd say Mega Man is much more deserving than Geno. He just has so much more longevity.

Top Bottom