• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

TheMightyDorf

Smash Rookie
Aha, we've already seen Saturn in that Tokyo show. I'm hoping that means we won't be seeing him as an item update.

With any luck today we will get a stage. Mainly one that is Tourny legal.
I'm pretty sick of all these moving and changing ones.

Edit: Don't provoke him Link.
He's just saying crap, don't listen.
I second that.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Now would be the time to drop another mind blowing surprise, Sakurai. No one is expecting it. We've been lulled into a false sense of boring security.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Now would be the time to drop another mind blowing surprise, Sakurai. No one is expecting it. We've been lulled into a false sense of boring security.
Damm, don't say that!
I'm...oddly excited about this week's potential!
I'm really up for a stage today. But then, Sakuai could go the other way and...well...Mr. Saturn me.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Christ this was fine two pages ago, I turn around to practice some Mewtwo and the next thing I know it's a friggin' comedy war. Must be Halo sickness. Lawl.

Zelda's special moves.

M.K

Level 55
So...do you think I should post a thread for Diddy Kong's Final Smash...? I mean, the discussion is all over the place.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Getting Mr. Saturn tonight would be just like getting hit with one in Melee:

The kind of dull pain that hits you over and over again until you get just pissed off enough to go hit someone with a baseball bat.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Off-topic but since theres nothing else to talk about, i'd like to say that i enjoy this site and i'll miss you all when brawl comes out. Cause after the release theres a good chance i might never come back here again...
Until we get news of the next smash bros game.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Off-topic but since theres nothing else to talk about, i'd like to say that i enjoy this site and i'll miss you all when brawl comes out. Cause after the release theres a good chance i might never come back here again...
Until we get news of the next smash bros game.
Odd.
Most people have used the oppostie reasoning of "Once Brawl comes out, and I finish playing it till I get arthritis, I'll be on SWF to yap about it all day!"

I know I will.
Why the leave?

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Cause ill be like "hmm should i go on the boards to talk about brawl, wait i haave brawl! I'll just go play that"
Cause u see, all the time i spend on this site will be transfered and dedicated to brawl. You could say im using the boards as a substitution or "seatwarmer" for the game. But these are the coolest boards i know of and ill probably still be on despite my brawl time.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I really really really really wish we'd get a newcomer, because he haven't gotten one in what... a month? :ohwell:

However, I'm predicting an AT... or something else that I really don't care about and will make me wish I had gone to bed. XD

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. We haven't had any items in a while, have we? We'll probably see one before the week is out. And I agree with Andrew, a stage would be nice, preferably something simpler than all of these crazies but also something new, innovative. I don't know about you but I don't want to play on a half dozen Battlefield clone stages for the next five years.

And whereas a character would be nice, I really don't see any significant roster updates between now and December.... Captain Falcon and a few other vets maybe, but I'll be very surprised if we get another four newcommers in that time.

M.K

Level 55
Don't predict that :(

Actually, the last new character we had was Diddy Kong...and that was...August 22nd, so....yeah, a month ago...

Good Guess :Db

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I gotta ask sumthin, and tell me if you agree.
I'm all for cool, diverse stages and stuff(im one of the dudes who loves goin all out on poke floats), but who else, when they saw the warioware stage was just like, "Uhhhh". I dont even know why i didn;t like it and now i feel like i might have a different opinion. But my initial reaction was just like pure disgust.
What did yall think?

Blackadder

Smash Master
I gotta ask sumthin, and tell me if you agree.
I'm all for cool, diverse stages and stuff(im one of the dudes who loves goin all out on poke floats), but who else, when they saw the warioware stage was just like, "Uhhhh". I dont even know why i didn;t like it and now i feel like i might have a different opinion. But my initial reaction was just like pure disgust.
What did yall think?
I don't mind the stage all that much.
I think it's just the "FlatZone" of Brawl. I only get worried when we get many many stages that are tourny illegal. That worries me a fair bit.

I just like Stages like battlefield.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Yea, i guess im just worried cause i havent seen my new Final destination. Once they show that they can bring on all the wacky stage they want, i just wanna know that when i want to throw down an epic battle theres a stage to do it on.
Battlefield is simple enough i guess, but i dont get that "epic battle" feel that FD gives.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm sure there'll be plenty of those simple platform stages like Battlefield or Final Destination, in fact we have a few already... I don't see what there is to complain about. The stage designs actually see to much like that IMO. Aside from that DK stage, of which I don't like that anyways. The WarioWare stage, I don't know about it yet. It might be fun.

Personally I'd like to see more stages like Onett or Hyrule Temple. Yeah, I know, those stages aren't the Melee favorites, but I like how their "different", and I'd like to see more diverse stages like that in Brawl.

M.K

Level 55
Someone I saw created a REVERSE Battlefield

Instead of having the three hovering platforms ABOVE the main platform, they were BELOW it! It was a GREAT idea!

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Yea, i think hyrule temple was my favorite stage, sucked though cause none of my friends ever wanted to play there. Complained about people "running away" which i think wouldn't be a problem if sum people werent wusses. Blame the player not the stage

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
It has to do with Fox and Falcon, but mainly Fox, who can just keep running and laser spamming around the stage because it's so big.

I don't blame the stage. I blame btich tactics.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never had a problem with that stage...I thought Shiek was more cheap on that stage than fox...

Top Bottom