• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Ahem - Allow me to telecast tomorrow's update:

"I hate to make this announcement - believe me, it's killing me. But with circumstances as they are, it looks like we have to push back the release date for Brawl once more. I'm terribly sorry but it's-

OBJECTION!! ..Newcomer Approaching.."

Yeah. That... would be pretty awesome.
some1's balls will be riped off if he said that.

Shiekyerbouti

Smash Cadet
Well we knew it was coming, and its a really cool stage. But Im glad to hear about it and get it out of the way, now all thats left is Sonic's Final Smash and we're set for all new updates!
perhaps you're forgetting all of the unannounced ATs and pokeballs from E4all

oh did i mention the spikey ball thing?

he could make us sit around for a while if he wanted.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ahem - Allow me to telecast tomorrow's update:

"I hate to make this announcement - believe me, it's killing me. But with circumstances as they are, it looks like we have to push back the release date for Brawl once more. I'm terribly sorry but it's-

OBJECTION!! ..Newcomer Approaching.."

Yeah. That... would be pretty awesome.
Quoted 4 Truth, the whole truth, and yatta yatta yatta.

Yup, it's probably going to be worser than the TP delays.

Megaman will be confirmed that day.

DPK4

Smash Rookie
They need to do Zelda's FS too, kids.
They need to do Zelda's moveset, period.

It's got me by the balls thinking about it whether or not the Sheik model that was supposedly being worked on for Brawl is actually being used (as well as the Ganondorf one) Sauce: http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=10549.

Maybe after the full roster is confirmed on Saturday (or what we'll know of it). It's got me excited but kinda scared at the same time. I want my Ganondorf back!

Also on the topic of tonight's update, finally the failtrain has been derailed! Sure, we knew about the stage from Trailers, but that was about it. Now we know that it's a cluttered fun walk-off stage! This is the new Flat-Zone/Mute City hybrid stage, people!

Also take a look at this:
There were 28 stages in Melee; 18 of those were accessible from startup. How many do we have at this point excluding Melee stages? 18, This is the last stage we'll probably be hearing about if this is following in suit with Melee. All the others for the next month and a half are a secret most likely. Same with characters. From now on, most of the updates will possibly be the menu updates, items (more pokemon please and more ATs please! We have yet to see the Hammer Bros. AT update!), and Subspace cutscenes (though limited, don't want the entire story mode spoiled, do ya?) expect a month and a half of fail for the most part with the occasional AWESOME! update (which most people deem that only newcomer updates are worth the AWESOME! status.)

Let's hope for some more good news tomorrow!

worldjem7

Smash Ace
There's noticeably much more stuff in Brawl than there ever was in Melee so I doubt that 18 is the amount of stages you start out with.

In brawl there's:

More characters
More Stages
more items
more music
more everything...

so there's going to be bigger starting lists of characters and Stages

blayde_axel

Smash Master
We're lacking a Sonic stage. And it seems like the F-Zero stage might be unlockable if Captain Falcon is, also.

And, of course Game and Watch's is gonna be unlockable. Then there's that mystery series that's unconfirmed still...

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Tomorrow WILL be a character update. I'm going to say it now.
Unless Sakurai breaks a (I believe confirmed by Sakurai himself's statement) tradition he started back when the Dojo began, it's been guaranteed that we're gonna get a Character Update of some sort tomorrow.

But, I'll say it's someone's Final Smash.

DPK4

Smash Rookie
Like I said, let's hope for the best! :) Marth for Brawl anyone, advertising the DS game! :D (PROTIP: Brawl is one gigantic advertisement scheme! j/k :p )

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I think tomorrow is probably going to be a notice with a character update
Hopefully not. Remember the last time we got a notice with a new character?

Yay! Everyone's favorite hedgehog!
Boo! Release date change!

Unless that character's Mega Man. I could care less.

Or Kitty Cats and Popcorn. If you catch my drift.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Characters that need a “Final Smash” update:
1-ZSS
2-Snake
3-Sonic
4-Zelda

Characters that need a “Special Moves” update:
1-Kirby
2-Pikachu
3-Samus
4-Zelda
5-Bowser
6-Donkey Kong
7-Yoshi
8-Peach
9-Ice Climbers

Total Amount of Estimated Character Updates left: 13/41

Take your pick.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
41?

Where do you get 41?

Either way, that's a good list. Those are definitely the known character updates we can get tomorrow.

So, if we assume we won't get a new character tomorrow, those are the only thirteen updates we can possibly get tomorrow.

Good ****, worldgem.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
41?

Where do you get 41?

Either way, that's a good list. Those are definitely the known character updates we can get tomorrow.

So, if we assume we won't get a new character tomorrow, those are the only thirteen updates we can possibly get tomorrow.

Good ****, worldjem.
41 is the amount of update days we have left until the release of Brawl in North America.

There's 9 weeks left (we're in the 9th week) but this week is almost over so what's 8*5+1?

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I noticed a few people saying they like the Melee menus better. I feel the same way, but I don't kno if anyone mentioned this or not, but it's probably because they expect most of the people to be using the Wiimote or Wiimote/Nunchuck controls and they probably made the menu buttons all chunky like that so it's easier to select with the Wiimote. I mean I guess if you imagine using the Wiimote pointer for Melee menus you'd see how it could be kinda unnecessarily difficult to aim.

As for the 41 days thing, it's honestly either going to be a stream of epic updates, or it's just going to continue like this until it's realeased. I'm leaning more towards the latter. Eventually someone needs to post up a "what have you uncovered?" thread so we can all share our unlockables. I mean at least some people will like that. I'd prefer to unlock it all myself and be surprised, but if someone unlocks Falcon before me, I don't know if I'd be able to handle not knowing. heh

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
wow they finally revaled the mario kart stage.....it was MORE THAN ONE YEAR this thing was revealed.
oh and like this is a prediction thread i'll post my prediction:
call me crazy but i can see Luigi tomorrow,yeah Luigi,why do you think they were holding back this stage?
to reveal them "combined"!(with " because its not on the same day) and whydo you think they revaled it on thursday? because on friday we get good updates(i'm not saying ALL the fridays just good part of then) so this means Luigi will be revealed tomorrow.

that means:mario circuit comfirmation=Luigi comfirmation!

EDIT:worldjem7 i don't think we'll have any vets specail moves update UNLESS they
have a VERY SIGNIFICANT AND VISIBLE change.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
No characters will be revealed until Saturday. The way things are looking, I think Sakurai was doing this on purpose, saving up so that the magazine article would be all "ZOMG" and such.

How to Play Update Tomorrow. Or Subspace.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
No characters will be revealed until Saturday. The way things are looking, I think Sakurai was doing this on purpose, saving up so that the magazine article would be all "ZOMG" and such.

How to Play Update Tomorrow. Or Subspace.
hum i've been saying this for a time....maybe i'm wrong about luigi....

BUT!! if he's comfirmed tomorrow then i win a Dollar!:laugh:(or a real since i live in Brasil)

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
Isn't tomorrow the last update before the Corocoro character reveal? They say their giving the full or starting roster in their magazine. Hopefully the update tomorrow will be good.

Geno looks like Zatch, from zatch bell.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the menus either. Too pastel. Clashes with the theme of the game. But I do agree that big buttons will be easier for Wii remote users (even though I'm convinced that most veterans will stick with their GC controllers.

Top Bottom