• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
I call a Final Smash!
If Sakurai has a good day, than Snake's one ... if not ... Sonic's Final Smash =/

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Marth the AT tonight YEAYUHZ!!!

/obligatory

I feel however we'll get ANOTHER Orange update tonight. And if it, the only Orange update I want (the only one I ever want) is a new SSE video of epic crossover proportions.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Item: Golden Bananas
They banana twice as fast and twice as hard as regular bananas! Also, you can fly with them! Also also, if you can manage to either trick your opponents to eating them or manage to shove one down their throats they choke to death! (Why? 'Cuz it's a goddam solid gold sculpture of a piece of fruit, that's why! You can't eat something that solid and that large in one piece, stupid!)

M.K

Level 55
Tommorow's Update:

"What is the Dojo?"

W-why! This man is telling us about the game? Amazing!
This game...it looks great! But, his recent updates have been poopoo.
I almost want to insult him.
(pic of Masahiro Sakurai)
Wow! A Whale! Burn.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I can see the headlines now! Sakurai confirmes hidden characters to be unlockable!
-Unlockable characters-

You start the game like this.

(z0mg starting roster revealed)

H-hey! That's not all of the characters I've annouced!

I've mentioned this before, but I felt that it warranted it's own update anyways. By performing certain tasks, you unlock extra characters that you couldn't play as before? Wow, haven't we thought of everything?

(Challenger approaching! Sillouette of Sonic)

Who's that shrowded in darkness?

After performing the task, you have to battle the newcomer! Once he is defeated, you have unlocked him, and he is now playable in every mode!

(A legendary rivalry continues! Sonic joins the Brawl!)

You get a message similar to this whenever you unlock a new character!

I can totally see that...

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I recently had a theory that Dojo will not be updating any new characters, because when you think about it, this issue of Corocoro (though I don't know much about the magazine) will probably sell more issues than any other month for quite a while. I doubt Nintendo would want to steal their thunder at all.
Can you say moar menu updates? I groan each time I see one.
Maybe they will tell us what that stopwatch coming out of the Party Ball is. :O
Or maybe they'll officially update that Mario Kart stage from that ancient teaser trailer.

At any rate, the real juicey stuff comes Saturday. I hope some good translators are getting in line as we speak!

volbound1700

Smash Master
The Smash community desperately needs a stage or character update. I believe we may be getting Captain Olimer soon though (maybe not tomorrow but sometime by end of next week).

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
You guessed a vs mode and it was options lol
well if you think about it, with multiple people trying to adjust settings simultaneously all the while yelling at each other is almost a form of vs mode

anyway back to my old prediction that has no chance

comment if you want

for tonight's update

newcomer Taizo Hori
better known as “that guy from Dig Dug”

Taizo Hori special moves

side b Fygar
he pulls out a fygar, then a moment later (think the time before bacon is thrown with G&W neutral b) a burst of flame pops out (the knock back resembles the bair of G&W, the turtle)

neutral b dirt toss
swings his shovel into ground which throws dirt forward
can be used in air but it just swings shovel for dmg and knock back
if used in air and lands mid swing dirt will be thrown still but the less of the swing is done on the ground the less dirt thrown

up b
there is a short moment of startup lag (think fox/falco side b) then he shoots his pump out in the direction you choose
for how this is controlled think of fox/falco up b
it can be used for Tether Recovery

down b burrow
he digs down into the ground then you can move him around underground (you can see where he is via diglet style dirt thing)
he is impervious to attacks while underground you can jump out or a jump attack thing out of the ground,
both have lag but the non-attacking jump has significantly less lag.
after an allotted amount of time he climbs out (this has about the same amount of lag as the non-attacking jump)

super-7

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I would have to go with ya on that. I just wonder how much more game modes will he update?
well judging by how many he has been updating lately i can imagine alot more minigames
like target test and home run contest, maybe board the platforms will be back

but i think tomorrow will be sonic's final smash

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
lol at whoever said languages. But I said music for last nights update and lo and behold,I was right. Anyway,music tonight. Kudos to the person who pointed out the similarity to the brawl color scheme and Kirby air ride one.I made a thread suggesting possible recorded matches be looped in the background,but apparantely brawl is more of a magenta sort of game.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Tonight's update: Updating the dojo!

"I have to be very careful what I choose to update."

"The fate of the smash bros. community lies within my hands..."

"Whoa! Almost updated something good!"

:(

Top Bottom