• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Wonder that the Vault is on the main menu.
Fancy way of saying "collectibles", basically. Trophies, stickers, CDs.

Kind of a random thing to ask, but can anyone pick out what the random people in the background of the Ice Climbers theme are saying?

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
Even I laughed at the "options" update. I mean that's really stretching it.

The music was nice though. Who cares about dumb updates when we get to enjoy such a great game soon enough anyway?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Sweet, I didn't even notice the new music in the screens. Anyone know what the Animal Crossing song is?

PS. Is the original Pokemon theme from Melee returning? Huzzah!

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
Wtf.

when i first heard the ice climbers song... first thing that pop up in my head was it sounded like ninja turtles for the nes and i felt like saying I LOVE BEING A TURTLE. the end of the song got better. tomorrow update is how to play.... with yourself. you use your left or your right hand n proceed to the private area. begin up n down motion and feel the niceness of yourself lolllll
ROFL?

Oh my god...

aznhomieboi1689

Smash Cadet
Probably there are lack of good updates because Sakurai didnt intend for the site to go as long as now, because Brawl was supposed to come out a week ago, where updates should have stopped.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
"Hey guys! It's Ice Climber! Well, I'll show you how to move. Get rhythm with your friends, and rock the iceberg!"

I think that's what the Ice Climber say at the beginning.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
3 Menus covered

Group
Solo
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
Vault
Options
Data

We Know all the options for Group because of Yesterday's update.
We Know Nintendo Wifi Connection

Now we know Solo has Subspace, Classic, Event, and STadium (not sure what else)
Vault?
Data - Videos and Pictures?

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
"Hey guys! It's Ice Climber! Well, I'll show you how to move. Get rhythm with your friends, and rock the iceberg!"

I think that's what the Ice Climber say at the beginning.
I hope that's not supposed to be their actual voices >_>

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I'm quite happy with tonight's update, mostly because of music. I am overjoyed to see my favorite Wild Pokemon theme is included (I love the Ruby/Sapphire music) and the Ice Climber theme is rather nice too. One thing that really caught my attention with the Ice Climber song is that the guitars in the "rock" portion of the song really sound like the same "guitars" used in the Wario Ware series, giving the theme a Wario Ware feel. I can't say whether that's good or bad, but it is kinda interesting.

courte

Smash Lord
THE VAULT!! i want into the vault its like a monolith for me i swear i'll crack it open

i predicted rules tonight though which is a subtopic of Group mode :p

courte

Smash Lord
btw the only bad update is no update... sure there are painful ones, but only good updates

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Zero_P

Smash Ace
I'd prefer the G/S/C Kanto Gym battle music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PghRXmEDo4E
I was going to edit that one in also but I forgot about it.

Here's the remix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro5FZ3dUX8

Leafgreen/firered champion theme(Beware of extreme rapesauce):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhfJO366AM4

i would prefer the G/S/C champ theme.(it owned)

*sorry no link*
Here's your link and you're right...**** too much pkmn pwnage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4QC1HurqqU

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
See, when I scrolled through this update and saw the Widescreen image again it just made me wonder how that wasn't good enough for us to know there is widescreen mode, and how it had to have its own update. Get ready for upcoming updates like Deflicker, Rumble, Sound, Erase Data, etc. Obviously we're all too dumb to understands the intricacies of SOUND on a videogame. We must be that dumb, because we also need a whole update to know what widescreen support means. We've all made or read jokes about updates like Pausing, Breathing while you play, Instructions manual, How to upwrap the game when you get it home, You must remember to keep your eyes opened!, etc., I see a lot more *********** coming our way.

When we get to the point where nobody cares about how bad the updates are anymore because the release date is so close, that's when we might start getting good updates, but we'll already be excited. What makes more sense, when the realease date is far away let's give them crappy updates so they can't be excited that it's coming out soon, and they can't be excited about the great updates? OR Let's get them excited now with great updates until we're close to the release date, then just fill in all the crappy updates because then their excitement will shift over to anticipating the release date so much that they won't care, thus creating a neverending flow of excitement throughout the wait?

Top Bottom