• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. Another bad Final Smash. It seems this one just alters the stage by putting a big friggin iceberg in the middle, which may make it tough to reach your opponent on the other side in time. Technically speaking, one should knock their opponent away from them before getting the Smash Ball, and chances are, they're on the far side of the mountain.

Freezing is... Okay... But I was expecting something more exemplary. We know they got that ugly pterodactyl as an intro. Why not take it a step further and add more ice-themed dinos?

My hope for IC's Smash would be for the whole stage to turn slippery, much like Fourside's UFO, while only IC characters can walk well on the iced platforms. In the background, it changes into a mountain valley view where a giant tyrannosaurus rex breathes ice in a pre set pattern over the general center of the stage, while staying in the background. You, the IC, job is to knock the opponent in the ice breat the freeze them and rack up some damage.

I gotta say, this is also a slightly disappointing update. It would seem that Sakurai hasn't taken the time to revamp the ice block renders AT ALL. They look exactly the same. That's just pathetic. You'd think that at the very least everyone would be frozen in the pose their animation is in, with built up to about 2 - 3 inches around them. Being frozen in a pre-set pose in a pre-set shaped ice block doesn't really set any great standards for Brawl. Especially when it uses near decade old pre-current gen renders.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I gotta say, this is also a slightly disappointing update. It would seem that Sakurai hasn't taken the time to revamp the ice block renders AT ALL. They look exactly the same. That's just pathetic. You'd think that at the very least everyone would be frozen in the pose their animation is in, with built up to about 2 - 3 inches around them. Being frozen in a pre-set pose in a pre-set shaped ice block doesn't really set any great standards for Brawl. Especially when it uses near decade old pre-current gen renders.
Sooo, does this FS pretty much change the terrain of the stage into a big ice mountain that only the Ice Climbers can traverse easily? If that's how it works, cool! A FS that changes the whole stage is epic.

Also, does the freezing animation matter that much?

Boofer

Smash Ace
Actually, I wasn't dissapointed by this update. Any previously unknown character update is a good update imo. The only great updates are new characters and certain game modes like the subspace emissary, level creator and online mode. My question is, what do you people consider good updates besides characters?

47drift

Smash Journeyman
:O! Another Filipino! Gasp!

And, concerning this awkward final smash, I consider it rather cheap. I mean come on, how much more could Sakurai cater to Kirby characters :p

First there's Devil, then there's Skyworld, now this.

Good thing I play as Kirby. *cough* >_>

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
A FS is a bad update nowadays? :S You people are getting spoiled...

Oh and LavisFiend thats awesome xD

Blackadder

Smash Master
I know I mean c'mon wtf is Sakurai's problem giving us 5 new updates every weekday before the game comes out!! He's so stupid showing us Ice Climbers FS even though they weren't in the demo version

In other words...Dr.Claw stfu
I missed good ol' fashioned lol'ing on this site.
Though the "stfu Claw" seems superflous to the whole thing.

Would have been epic if not for that! Rawr.
Also, neat update. Not good, not great.

Just neat.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Why must you guys be so critical when it comes to updates?
Because we must have a character update!!!!!!! Not just a character update, but the confirmation of a new character or veteran. Even a shoe-in like Lugi or Ganondorf, but at least just reveal someone.

Or Zelda's special moves. Revealing her down B or FS would be good.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Why must you guys be so critical when it comes to updates?
becuse it's not the character that they wanted , ppl complain that he gives updates that they already know about and when he does give a decent update ppl still complain, I want a character to but come on.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
becuse it's not the character that they wanted , ppl complain that he gives updates that they already know about and when he does give a decent update ppl still complain, I want a character to but come on.
Not really, but these updates have just been terrible lately. Meta KNight's moves we already knew, Handicaps, SPECTATOR?!, Taunting, Entrances, Previous items, etc etc etc.

EDIT: It's been exactly 3 months since we had a Zelda related update, in the form of Link's special moves. I say we're long over due for one.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Not really, but these updates have just been terrible lately. Meta KNight's moves we already knew, Handicaps, SPECTATOR?!, Taunting, Entrances, Previous items, etc etc etc.
1. "MK's special moves" was very indepth and complete. One of the best move updates.
2. "Handicaps" was a bit boring, I'll admit, but it shows Sakurai has found a new, more easily understandable system for a lesser used feature in Smash. I'll probably be using this Handicap feature more than the last one.
3. "Spectator Mode" was great. I love it. I don't see why everyone hates it. Need some coins? Bet on a short match. Bored of regular television? Watch a long match. Playing with your friends, the pizza comes, don't want to grease up your controllers, but you don't want the smashing to stop? Watch some non-competative matches for fun.
4. "Three different kinds of taunts" was alright. Gave us a look at some of the more interesting ones. (Plus, I'm a Link main, so it was nice to see what he has to offer for me to humiliate my opponents this time around.)
5. "Entrances" was fun. Just like taunts, but I'll admit it could have been more indepth, and was probably better off being paired with "Taunts" for a double update.
6. "Previous items" was adequite. No real complaints, but once again it could have shown a bit more.

Besides that, does anyone else think Sakurai got lazy with today's update? Seems really bare-bones in terms of what we normally see for a FS update.

Stryks

Smash Hero
ICEBERG DEAD AHEAD!!

I bet someone already did this, but had to do it...
anyway lame update, expected something better after craptascular week...

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
All of the updates were mediocre or better in my opinion, none of them bad.
Sure I would like better updates, but I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Best. Update. Evah. right next to Mr. Resetti, that is :p The updates are slowly rising up to good again, now that theres nothing else from e4all to update. I'm thinking a music update.

gamer8

Smash Lord
He doesn't need to give us updates at all, so I'm not complaining about the updates, last week, three different taunts and spectator mode were my favorites.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Stage Update...or an Assist Trophy.

Just not a character.

But my gut feeling is saying there will be one, if not more, this week.

Peace.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
18 Stages, 22 characters (Zamus doesn't count to me), and online. Three more characters and this game trumps Melee out of the box, with three more months of updates to go. Minimum of three weeks (Ironically when the game was supposed to come out) before the 'profit' kicks in.

For my playing partner's sake...Falco, please be in.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Sadly, yes, but not if the metroid AT is attacking her, too!!
Samus vs Ridley,Dark Samus and a metroid
Samus loses,
Round two: samus gets SBall, triple KO
Samus wins.

Top Bottom