• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Well we didn't see this at E4A, but do we care? I hate the ice climbers and any update related to them can only bring me pain. Besides that the FS isn't very interesting. I wouldn't call it a "Fail" but its not too great.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
What happened? I was out for a while & the Ridley thread was closed. I will never be a R.I.D.L.E.Y club member anymore.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
shut up megaman fans!!!!!this update was more likely to happen then megaman!go talk about megaman in a MEGAMAN forum!
hey. the only reason why I bothered staying up for today was just to see the megaman confirmation, it being after his anniversary celebration and all. I'm obviously going to be pissed off by this update.

I guess I'll have to wait 'till december then -A-

Stado

Smash Apprentice
The Ice Climbers were my secondary main for Melee (for the hell of it), so today's update was definitely relevant to my interests. It doesn't look to be the best sort of final smash, but it still seems quite useful.

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
The Ice Climbers were my secondary main for Melee (for the hell of it), so today's update was definitely relevant to my interests. It doesn't look to be the best sort of final smash, but it still seems quite useful.
Agreed. Ice Climbers are fun to play as.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Dedede is dressed just like the IC, he even has the hammer. AND he's a penguin. You'd think he'd be immune to the ice. But nooo....

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
Well, this is a bit dissapointing (I kind of expected Megaman, I admit), which adds a bit of salt to the injury, since I'm not really what you could call an IC fan.

WolfS2

Smash Rookie
The Ice Climbers are my Alt for Melee, so this was a pretty good update for me.

Besides, these updates had to have come at some point. I'm predicting the Mario Kart stage tomorrow.

EDIT: Looks like someone said exactly what I said above! Haha.

Somasu

Smash Ace
hey. the only reason why I bothered staying up for today was just to see the megaman confirmation, it being after his anniversary celebration and all. I'm obviously going to be pissed off by this update.

I guess I'll have to wait 'till december then -A-
You should've thought about it.. just because it's some sort of event doesn't mean we're specifically going to get something about it..

I mean, Friday was Miyamoto's birthday, and we got Spectator mode.. last Monday was the 150th update, we got Ike's Final Smash.

Tomorrow's the 1 year anniversary of the Wii, and we'll probably get something that has nothing to do with said event anyway.

Memo326

Smash Cadet
It's new, and it's cool, but...

I've gotten into the bad habit of expecting character updates each night. I know I only set myself up for disappointment, but I can't resist...

Anyways, that iceberg is HUGE! (I mean, it covered all of New Pork City!)

orintemple

Smash Lord
So that final smash is kind of going to suck in stages with platforms high up but for a place like Smashville that will kick so much ***!

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Im starting to get angry. I want to see some good updates!!
Even spectater mode was a good update. We knew the ice climbers were going to have a final smash.
Gives us something we dont know is comeing, please.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
how will that work for scrolling stages?
It really won't work in scrolling stages imo.

I'm not a great ICs fan, but this one wasn't so bad. I mean, comparing it with the ones of the last week, this was something new and a bit intersting.

Evolver

Smash Cadet
We knew the ice climbers were going to have a final smash. Gives us something we dont know is comeing, please.
by your logic we dont need any updates anymore, because we knew tomorrow will be another update .... *sarcasm*

@topic: i like this FS, its something new and its also a new type of FS.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At least the Ice Climber FS is something we haven't seen yet. The only thing makes me wonder is how long does the thing linger...

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
guys,
look, seriously sakurai prolly doesn't want to reveal everything brawl has to offer just yet. He's just giving us the crumbs what what brawl is really going to be about. I mean, you can't expect to get everything we want to know in brawl or it will ruin the anticipation(can't spell) factor that captivates everyone to want to buy the game. Honestly, i'd rather wait for the game in peace rather then getting my hopes crushed every single weeknight he updates(plus some people would stay up for it only to get "you must recover" or something). So yeah guys, just chill your balls and wait till brawl comes out and dont expect anything "mind-blowing" every night.

PS. Also, character's are not the only thing in this game... (however they arguably do matter the most..) I could be terribily wrong about everything i just typed down.. so yeah... *puts up pit's mirror shield*

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
guys,
look, seriously sakurai prolly doesn't want to reveal everything brawl has to offer just yet. He's just giving us the crumbs what what brawl is really going to be about. I mean, you can't expect to get everything we want to know in brawl or it will ruin the anticipation(can't spell) factor that captivates everyone to want to buy the game. Honestly, i'd rather wait for the game in peace rather then getting my hopes crushed every single weeknight he updates(plus some people would stay up for it only to get "you must recover" or something). So yeah guys, just chill your balls and wait till brawl comes out and dont expect anything "mind-blowing" every night.

PS. Also, character's are not the only thing in this game... (however they arguably do matter the most..) I could be terribily wrong about everything i just typed down.. so yeah... *puts up pit's mirror shield*
Quoted for unholy amounts of truth. I mean it's ok to be disappointed with the updates...but seriously, if he gave you guys Megaman tonight, you'd have nothing to wait for except the game which you're already looking foward to. All the people saying Sakurai sucks....I REALLY wanna see what you guys say after Brawl is released. Face it, he'll be your HERO after this game comes out and is amazing. He gives you updates every weekday, at least TRY and enjoy them without getting your hopes ridiculously high. Otherwise you're just going to be upset nightly...

iMichael

Smash Lord
omg. SAKURAI FAILS. update = fail.
I know I mean c'mon wtf is Sakurai's problem giving us 5 new updates every weekday before the game comes out!! He's so stupid showing us Ice Climbers FS even though they weren't in the demo version

In other words...Dr.Claw stfu

Top Bottom