• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Blackadder

Smash Master

Here's some food for thought: have you ever noticed that things like "good" and "right" are subjective?
Oh, hell yes.
I hope I come of as a generaly easy going and nice person on the forums, but I do many things that could be considered "wrong". (Blame my laid-back lifestyle)

I.E, I never do homework, my friends and I are known to skip school whenever, ALL my pens and such for school come "Borrowed" from someone else, I do very little work and tend to just draw or write stories in class, and I'm not above doing things such as jumping out and yelling out "LOL!" or "POIKIMANS!" in class really loudly just to get things going.

SOme of that stuff could be seen as wrong, some mentaly ********, and some bizzare. But then, I do stand up for things such as women/gay rights, I tend to try and talk shit though, and not go to violence, and I really do try to be nice to everyone.

I guess not beliving in God could be considered wrong by some also, lol.

RDK

Smash Hero
There are a ton of things in the Bible that it says not to do. Lying is a good one. How many people lie and consider themselves to be Christian? A lot.

An interesting thing to note is that in the New Testament, Jesus basically says, "Ok, remember all those pesky laws you have to follow? Well I'ma tell you what's actually important to be a good person in life, so listen up..."

I may be a purist, but Christianity = believing in Christ. That's it, really. Granted it's more or less expected that said belief should make you want to be a better person since it's what Christ was kinda pushing, but...people will live how they want in the end.
Yeah, but the "lying" thing can't really be applied to being "gay", or being involved in acts of homosexuality.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle, not necessarily a sinful "act", like lying is. You can lie, and then repent and be sorry for it later. Being gay is pre-meditated--it's a continuous act that someone has to make choices to keep with it. There's where the difference is.

What a weird 1300th post.....
Yeah, really--how did we get into this conversation, lol?

Darkfur, I did get your response. :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Okay, first of all, this is bad reasoning. The 10 Commandments were meant for the Israelites in the Old Testament. But I really don't want to get into a theological debate, because I'm not even Christian.

Here's some food for thought: have you ever noticed that things like "good" and "right" are subjective?
I don't care who the commandments were 'intended for'. I already said I'll believe what I want to believe, and the commandments seem to be the most "right" and "good" part of the Bible (I would adhear them if they were in the Torrah or a Spiderman comic book).

The holidays, though very warped and b@stardized over time, still hold the greatest intentions within them, so I'll celebrate them just as well. I actually want to be a Taoist when I graduate college and move out. Either that or a Buddist. I'm looking for a philosophy to follow where I can live the life I choose, and not a religion where I'm restricted in my choices.

Wow this thread is FAR off-topic.

EDIT:
P.S.- This is for all you Super-Christians out there>>
"The True Story of 'Christmas' "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAgoTEQ7afM

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, but the "lying" thing can't really be applied to being "gay", or being involved in acts of homosexuality.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle, not necessarily a sinful "act", like lying is. You can lie, and then repent and be sorry for it later. Being gay is pre-meditated--it's a continuous act that someone has to make choices to keep with it. There's where the difference is.

I'm not fighting against, but sins should be looked as Choices and not acts

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

It's true that some people choose to be gay, but I certainly hope you aren't implying that people aren't born that way. That's one of those things that gets me frustrated because that's a fact... Heck Homosexuality even occurs in the wild. It's natural. I know for a fact that once I hit puberty I started getting attracted to guys in my class. I was told this was wrong and really beat myself up over it. Physically and mentally. I went into a depression and contemplated suicide several times. And then, I finally decided I'd stop listening to what people told me and research it for myself.

I'm sorry, I get rather emotional about this subject. I'm teetering on the bridge of blowing up , and just losing faith in humanity. It's a really hard bridge to stand on.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Oh, that was my fault. Remember, wanting the arts and then BA telling us that he doesn't like the anti gay person thing.

I think the only thing that keeps me from being "sinful" in a lot of ways is the fact that I'm way too shy to even attempt to hook up with people in the first place. Then again, not drinking might be part of that problem...but I don't plan to change that part about me.

orintemple

Smash Lord
So, about that update eh guys!?

I hope its a character...or at least a stage/new mode.

Create A Character made maybe? HAHA No way but wouldn't that be something.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Look Being a christian means following what christ taught. NOT just believeing in christ.
The Devil believes in Jesus, and he also knows the the bible is telling the truth.
That doesnt make the devil christian.

The bible says faith without works is dead. So if you only believe and dont act upon it its completely
useless.

In the times of Isrealites, men who were gay were put to death. This was a law directly from God!
Men who lie with men, will not inherit gods kingdom! Another words they were not aproved by god.

It also says one of the reasons god destroyed the city of sodom and gomorah was because of all the badness in the city. The only thing bad that was mentioned was the there were alot of gay people.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Heh, that was 2 pages of good discussion, if you ask me.
A change of pace for this thread. Always good to have. XD

@
Uh, seems like it's still going!
Heh.

RDK

Smash Hero
I think the only thing that keeps me from being "sinful" in a lot of ways is the fact that I'm way too shy to even attempt to hook up with people in the first place. Then again, not drinking might be part of that problem...but I don't plan to change that part about me.
I just don't like people in general, so yeah, I don't have that problem either, lol.

It's true that some people choose to be gay, but I certainly hope you aren't implying that people aren't born that way. That's one of those things that gets me frustrated because that's a fact... Heck Homosexuality even occurs in the wild. It's natural. I know for a fact that once I hit puberty I started getting attracted to guys in my class. I was told this was wrong and really beat myself up over it. Physically and mentally. I went into a depression and contemplated suicide several times. And then, I finally decided I'd stop listening to what people told me and research it for myself.

I'm sorry, I get rather emotional about this subject. I'm teetering on the bridge of blowing up , and just losing faith in humanity. It's a really hard bridge to stand on.
I can't really argue one way or the other on the whole "people being born gay" thing, because I've never experienced it myself, but where did you hear that animals are born gay in the wild? Because everything I've researched says otherwise. The only examples of homosexual animals are ones that have been in captivity, or have been influenced by humans in some way.

And you're not alone on the losing faith in humanity thing. If you've spent any great time on these forums, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Look Being a christian means following what christ taught. NOT just believeing in christ.
The Devil believes in Jesus, and he also knows the the bible is telling the truth.

The bible says faith without works is dead. So if you only believe and dont act upon it its completely
useless.

In the times of Isrealites, men who were gay were put to death. This was a law directly from God!
Men who lie with men, will not inherit gods kingdom! Another words they were not aproved by god.

It also says one of the reasons god destroyed the city of sodom and gomorah was because of all the badness in the city. The only thing bad that was mentioned was the there were alot of gay people.
^ This is what I would have said, if I had still been brushing up on my Bible history, lol. I'm surprised how much I've forgotten over the years...

But yeah, that's more-or-less the gist of it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Being a dude and f**king a dude or being a chick and f**king a chick for the hell of it is an "act", being gay is not pre-meditated at all. It either develops unconciously over time or is a trait from birth. You don't wake up one day and go "I'm gonna be attracted to [same sex] now!".

And if your logic is correct, then being straight is an act just as well. You make choices to keep with it (dating, getting married, concieving children <as opposed to> dating, getting married, making unfruitful love [which, technically, is equivalent to sex with a condom/diaphragm/birth control.])

EDIT:
Point is, you can just as easily be celibate in either case and not piss anyone off.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Being a dude and f**king a dude or being a chick and f**king a chick for the hell of it is an "act", being gay is not pre-meditated at all. It either develops unconciously over time or is a trait from birth. You don't wake up one day and go "I'm gonna be attracted to [same sex] now!".

And if your logic is correct, then being straight is an act just as well. You make choices to keep with it (dating, getting married, concieving children <as opposed to> dating, getting married, making unfruitful love [which, technically, is equivalent to sex with a condom/diaphragm/birth control.])
Acting upon it IS an act...

Sinn

Smash Lord
Perhaps I wasn't specific enough. My understanding is such that you need to believe in Christ and accept his sacrifice as the payment for your sins. And as Phoenix Wright would say:

OBJECTION!

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
No scientist has EVER said there is a gay gene! Nothing is proven except.
The bible says that god didnt approve of gay people back then. and the bible says that
god does not change.

So god would not create the human race this way. If its written as something wrong in the bible its something you can change, and NOT something your born with like a sickness you cant control.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So acting on heterosexuality is just as much an act as homosexuality.
Then one should not be considered more "sinful" than the other if they both have the same {*cough*POWER*cough} levels of temptation.

Gay == Straight (in terms of righteousness)
Case closed. Everyone wins.
In the point of debating, people have had the desire to murder but it doesn't make it right...

There has to be a line somewhere...?

Many desires, decision, tempations...some have been deemed right, some wrong...

Is anything truly wrong or evil?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Blackadder you're a debater and you're spamming? Don't turn SWF on Gamefaqs or Nsider, this forum is a LOT better than that.
You don't know me very well, my man. :laugh:
I do debate avidly in the hall, and enjoy being more serious there, but c'mon...
Just today:

Attention all posters in this room!
Blackadder has an announcement from a very viable source! It comes from a mod you all know and respect! So It's not Crimson King! I must keep their identity hidden, but you must KNOW:

Tonight will be the EXPLOSIVE NIPPLES!
Today will feature JACKED-UP TESTOSTERONE!
The update of Wednesday will end in the worlds FALCON PUNCH!
We will witness the F-man's BABIES!
But not just any BABIES!
His MAN-BABIES!
And his F-ZERO RACER!Which will also have MAN BABIES!

This update will blow your MINDS out of your NOSTRILS, and if it doesn't out of you're PENIS (Even if you're a girl!).
If you REFUSE to give YOUR LIFE for this UPDATE, the whole world will IMPLODE and turn into a giant WATERFALL!
Of PEE.
WEE.
WIZZLE.
PISS.
PIDDLE.
YELLOW WATER.

Bow down to FALCON or be DOOMED by his FANTASTIC NIPPLES, as he WILL DESTROY all that DARE touch his MANLY chest!

This is a public service announcement. That is all.

Oh, and Stage tonight.
@ Dyce: yeah, Ganon will show up...soon enough.
Can't wait 'till he does though.
And I'm proud of that. This thread is easy as hell to get away with crap. Plus it's just a bit of fun.
No one respects me on this forumanyways, I'm rather disliked I hear, so I may as well not be to serious! :laugh:

And sorry for bringing up that spam o glory again guys. XD

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
In the point of debating, people have had the desire to murder but it doesn't make it right...

There has to be a line somewhere...?

Many desires, decision, tempations...some have been deemed right, some wrong...

C'mon, you're comparing love to murder? It's not even on the same level.
EDIT:
Sexuality isn't part of the ten commandments, but murder/theft/adultery/worship is.

I suppose right/wrong and good/evil is all dependent on what is just.
But who are we to judge? I guess we'll leave it up to God. (Y'know, if he exists.)

RMR

Smash Apprentice
OMG Homosexuality is a PLAYABLE CHARACTER!

EDIT: Tomorrow I predict they'll reveal that God is also a PC and he directly counters Homosexuality.
Well, Zamus can Counter Homosexuality very well.

But Homosexuality would be a great Snake/Cpt. Falcon/Pit counter. YAY !

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
C'mon, you're comparing love to murder? It's not even on the same level.

I suppose right/wrong and good/evil is all dependent on what is just.
But who are we to judge? I guess we'll leave it up to God. (Y'know, if he exists.)

I don't believe in love for one thing...it's just sexual desire...

RDK

Smash Hero
THIS TOPIC MOVES WAY TOO FAST. Slow down, lol, I can't even collect my thoughts.

Again, things like "wrong" and "evil" are subjective. "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder."

So acting on heterosexuality is just as much an act as homosexuality.
Then one should not be considered more "sinful" than the other if they both have the same {*cough*POWER*cough} levels of temptation.

Gay == Straight (in terms of righteousness)
Case closed. Everyone wins.
Whoa, whoa, wait up--so you're saying now that homosexuality shouldn't be considered a sin, because the temptation for it is equal to that of heterosexuality?

That's a little bit of skewed logic. Wild animals aren't born with genes that tell them to have sex with other animals of the same sex. I'd assume the same thing with humans. This is something that has to develop. Sexual intercourse was meant to further the species--and homosexuality doesn't meet that end, so, naturally, the human race--with its perverted tendencies--searches for something beyond even the great amounts of what it has.

Humans tend to be dissatisfied with what they have, and are always looking for new things to do. I think, in this case, things like homosexuality are a product of solely human behavior, and nothing else.

BTW, good Objection, Sinn. ;)

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, whoa, wait up--so you're saying now that homosexuality shouldn't be considered a sin, because the temptation for it is equal to that of heterosexuality?

That's a little bit of skewed logic. Wild animals aren't born with genes that tell them to have sex with other animals of the same sex. I'd assume the same thing with humans. This is something that has to develop. Sexual intercourse was meant to further the species--and homosexuality doesn't meet that end, so, naturally, the human race--with its perverted tendencies--searches for something beyond even the great amounts of what it has.

Humans tend to be dissatisfied with what they have, and are always looking for new things to do. I think, in this case, things like homosexuality are a product of solely human behavior, and nothing else.
Animals aren't born with the natural ability to invent, think, or love either. Humans are sentient, our minds work differently than animals' minds by definition.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
people who call themselves christians dont follow what the bible says. not at all.
it doesnt just involve believeing in what christs ransome.

The Pope is a perfect example of this. He fully supported Hitler and even blessed hitlers troops.
The pope didnt care what the bible said then and neither does the pope now.

To call yourself a true christian you have to practice what jesus taught. Like when he directly
told his diciple to go from door to door preaching. and to contienue it.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, Gay people are different, and whats with that ? I dont know why people hate them, I would be more worried about a murderer. Its not like if them would come to our house and **** us (Well, maybe there are some exceptions, but.., nvm)

But Why people think that gays are bad ? Is the stupid hormones fault, and the Churrch and the 'Typical violent Guy who lives with 19th century stereotypes'

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I don't believe in love for one thing...it's just sexual desire...
I must say I honestly pity you. Wait till you meet someone who'll hold you close when life deals you pain. Who will be there for you no question's asked whenever you need someone to talk to, and will gladly take a bullet in your stead so as to keep from feeling that pain...

Lot's of people don't seem to believe in love till it happens to them. I hope one day it does to you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ugh, Gay people are different, and whats with that ? I dont know why people hate them, I would be more worried about a murderer. Its not like if them would come to our house and **** us (Well, maybe there are some exceptions, but.., nvm)

But Why people think that gays are bad ? Is the stupid hormones fault, and the Churrch and the 'Typical violent Guy who lives with 19th century stereotypes'
How can one thing be more wrong than another?

It's all subjective...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master

Who cares about animals? F**k animals! (Heh heh... "Beastiality = Sin?" ) (lol I'm a troll) (thanks again PI)

But seriously, what about homosexuality found in Penguins and Dolphins found in the wild?
There aren't genes in people OR animals that tell them to have sex with the same sex.

And just because you're gay doesn't mean you need to have sex. The same goes for straight people. Love and attraction have nothing to do with sex. And for the record, homosexuals do also feel the need to procreate just as much as heterosexuals, they just need the help of donors to do so.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Blackadder... I know I spam sometimes. But please don't blame me for this. Honestly. I just want to predict.
Huh?
Blame you for what...?

I have a baaaad feeling about this.

The talk is kinda cool though, and a nice change of pace.
But Predicting will start up soon, I assume...
Assume. ;)

Top Bottom