• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Your clearly not fit to handle this topic.
Let me take over...

Can anyone even respond to my past 4 posts? I think not

What is the definition of something wrong?

People consider Homosexuality wrong but there are differing opinions on that.

How is homosexuality wrong? How is it not wrong?

What is wrong?

Why should any act be considered wrong in the first place?

I don't think you have any idea what the basis for a wrongful act is

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
people who call themselves christians dont follow what the bible says. not at all.
it doesnt just involve believeing in what christs ransome.

The Pope is a perfect example of this. He fully supported Hitler and even blessed hitlers troops.
The pope didnt care what the bible said then and neither does the pope now.

To call yourself a true christian you have to practice what jesus taught. Like when he directly
told his diciple to go from door to door preaching. and to contienue it.
supposedly the pope is god's direct connection to this world and therefore what he does it what god says it good to do. supposedly.

do you go door to door preaching? christianity = believing that christ died for your sins. the "christian" acts just mean that you'll have "greater treasures in heaven" or summat.

RDK

Smash Hero
Before we go further in this debate, maybe we should define the term "gay" so there's no confusion.

Should we look at "gay" as having a sexual attraction to someone of the opposite sex? Or someone who actively participates in a homosexual lifestyle? Because IMO, those are two different things. Everyone gets urges, whether they be sexual or not. The nature of those urges shouldn't be that important. It's what you do with those urges.

Why are babies baptised? Because they were born through sin.
Actually, that's just a Catholic / Lutheran practice, and considered wrong by Protestants.

Again, I'm agnostic, so NVM. And Psychoincarnate, you're right--it is ultimately subjective.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
http://www.livescience.com/bestimg/index.php?url=gay_bonobo_chimp_03.jpg&cat=gayanimals

This is an topic here discussion here.

Also, has nobody looked at the Letter to Louise I posted? I'd like to see someone actually read that and then try and make a post against it...

I'd also like to point out that I love my boyfriend and hope to spend the rest of my life with him. I'm faithful to him and I wouldn't ever think of cheating on him. Saying that this is sinful is really depressing. *sigh*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Before we go further in this debate, maybe we should define the term "gay" so there's no confusion.

Should we look at "gay" as having a sexual attraction to someone of the opposite sex? Or someone who actively participates in a homosexual lifestyle? Because IMO, those are two different things. Everyone gets urges, whether they be sexual or not. The nature of those urges shouldn't be that important. It's what you do with those urges.

I think the "Sin" is referring to acting out upon the urges, rather than having them

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
supposedly the pope is god's direct connection to this world and therefore what he does it what god says it good to do. supposedly.
do you go door to door preaching? christianity = believing that christ died for your sins. the "christian" acts just mean that you'll have "greater treasures in heaven" or summat.
Are you saying that God supported hittler??
and he supported puting Jews in consintration camps and killing millions?

Well the pope suported hitler.
Do you think god supported the pope through the crusades that killed hundreds of thousands?

So obviously God doesnt support the pope.

The bible says the christ died so that everyone would be given the chance to live.
Its not automatic. Hitler believed that christ died for his sins.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
What is the definition of something wrong?
People consider Homosexuality wrong but there are differing opinions on that.
How is homosexuality wrong? How is it not wrong?
What is wrong?
Why should any act be considered wrong in the first place?
I don't think you have any idea what the basis for a wrongful act is
we based this topic off the bible. That answers all your questions

Sinn

Smash Lord
I must say I honestly pity you. Wait till you meet someone who'll hold you close when life deals you pain. Who will be there for you no question's asked whenever you need someone to talk to, and will gladly take a bullet in your stead so as to keep from feeling that pain...

Lot's of people don't seem to believe in love till it happens to them. I hope one day it does to you.
**q*, I don't even have any of that yet. Now I'm even MORE depressed than before. Thanks a lot YA BIG JERK.

</overreaction>

Also I want to state that I personally find going one's whole life without having sex to be kinda...um...stupid. Yeah it's possible. But you might as well abstain from something expensive like video games and anime. Or smoking. God, that's expensive AND it'll kill ya.

RDK

Smash Hero
we based this topic off the bible. That answers all your questions
That's true, but speaking realistically (and on the fact that nobody really knows whether or not the Bible is true), everything is subjective.

And you're right about the Pope, BTW. I don't know what Catholics are thinking.

RMR

Smash Apprentice

Also I want to state that I personally find going one's whole life without having sex to be kinda...um...stupid. Yeah it's possible. But you might as well abstain from something expensive like video games and anime. Or smoking. God, that's expensive AND it'll kill ya.
Uh, No. One can abstain from sex. Its not like if it is a basic need in the Human life. But yeah, most people will do it because of their urges, being influenced by other people, or by Hormones.

If you mean having sex just for pleasure, ANY people can live without it. If you mean the bond that 2 people do because they love each other, well, thats another story.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If someone was happy for murdering someone god shouldnt care.
NO wrong.
Ya see, and THIS is the point I was trying to bring up...Trying to find a basis for the exact definition of a wrongful act

People's definitions for why homosexuality is wrong/right seem to contradict other acts and as such the basis seems more subjective than anything

RDK

Smash Hero
If you mean having sex just for pleasure, ANY people can live without it. If you mean the bond that 2 people do because they love each other, well, thats another story.
I think love is merely another product of human sentience / nature. Animals can't show real, true "love" like humans can. But we can see from animals that sex was meant to further the species. That's why I think human "love" is just a byproduct, if you will, of human sentience, and the need for something beyond.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
If someone was happy for murdering someone god shouldnt care.
NO wrong.
Well, 2 gays dont kill people. As long as it doesnt affect anyone, Its ok.

OH NO !! GAYS ARE KILLInG BABIES AND SINGLE MOMS !! I WILL BE THE NEW KIRA AND THEN I SHOUKLD KILL THEM BECAUSE THEY KILL !!

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Nobody can respond to all my Pope/ Hittle coments? or my previous 6 posts?

@ PsycoIncarnate, good point. If anyone even understood the meaning of what you said.

RDK

Smash Hero
Well, 2 gays dont kill people. As long as it doesnt affect anyone, Its ok
Actually, doing ANYTHING and not affecting anything else is theoretically impossible.

For those who missed my last post on the previous page, I reiterate: everything is subjective.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nobody can respond to all my Pope/ Hittle coments? or my previous 6 posts?
Easy, Catholics use religion more as a form of manipulation and control rather than true religion...

They don't fallow the bible, they fallow their own set laws

Sinn

Smash Lord
Uh, No. One can abstain from sex. Its not like if it is a basic need in the Human life. But yeah, most people will do it because of their urges, being influenced by other people, or by Hormones.

That reminds me of that line from Good Luck Chuck:

"Yeah, but what's sex without love?"

"SEX! IT'S STILL SEX!"

Do explain to me the difference.

In any case, we need sex to keep the race going. The urges are just a clever bit of programming to make us do it more often. And then came birth control.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
I think love is merely another product of human sentience / nature. Animals can't show real, true "love" like humans can. But we can see from animals that sex was meant to further the species. That's why I think human "love" is just a byproduct, if you will, of human sentience, and the need for something beyond.
So then we are irrational animals with big imagination and we just have sex to overpopulate the world ? Hmm

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Some animals share one mate throughout their entire lifespans.
DOGS will remain loyal to their masters if treated properly.

You're really pushing this humans/animals thing RDK, aren't you?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Self-righteous wannabe theologians who obviously haven't had a very interesting Tuesday aside...

Wednesday feels like Sakurai could be trying to make up for yesterday's update. But again, that's trying to understand an illogical system with logic.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
****, people, there are other places to discuss these kinds of things.

Anyway, I predict a newcomer tonight.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Well, 2 gays dont kill people. As long as it doesnt affect anyone, Its ok.
OH NO !! GAYS ARE KILLInG BABIES AND SINGLE MOMS !! I WILL BE THE NEW KIRA AND THEN I SHOUKLD KILL THEM BECAUSE THEY KILL !!
As long as it doesnt effect anyone it doesnt matter??
So you can curse Jesus over and over when nobodys looking?

God cares because, he doesnt approve of gay people.
It was written in the bible, and the bible also says that god does not change.

And if it was written in the bible its not something your born with its something that can be changed.

RDK

Smash Hero
So then we are irrational animals with big imagination and we just have sex to overpopulate the world ? Hmm
No, I think it's an "adaptation" of sorts, or at least one still in progress. It has to serve some purpose, and it does--it fuels continuation of the species, and it does it quite well.

Unfortunately, human intuition and selfishness once again get in the way--as Sinn stated, now we have birth control pills and abortions to help people out when they screw up royally.

Some animals share one mate throughout their entire lifespans.
DOGS will remain loyal to their masters if treated properly.

You're really pushing this humans/animals thing RDK, aren't you?
See the above point.

Ronick

Smash Rookie
Wow the ammount of off topic'd...ness...... going on right now is astounding O_o.

So for something on topic its going to be Falcon.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Easy, Catholics use religion more as a form of manipulation and control rather than true religion...

They don't fallow the bible, they fallow their own set laws
Im pritty sure your on my side on this one right?
I was actually saying no one can respond with a bad coment about what I said.
Good point here though! Good job.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Wow the ammount of off topic'd...ness...... going on right now is astounding O_o.

So for something on topic its going to be Falcon.
Hey Vegeta, what's the scouter say about the amount of off-topicness this thread has ?

Ten minutes will reveal all.

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm pritty sure your on my side on this one right?
I was actually saying no one can respond with a bad coment about what I said.
Good point here though! Good job.
Proves my point about religion being used as an effective way to control people.

I wonder who started this argument...
*POINTS AT SINN AND BLACKADDER*

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Actually, the basic human needs are:

1) The need to sustain oneself (food, water, air, etc.)
2) The need to thrive (shelter, security, etc.)
3) The need to procreate (makin' babies)

No human being can resist these urges.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Proves my point about religion being used as an effective way to control people.
The fact is. Its not being used as a way to control people. Its being used to make money.
Its no different than any other money makeing bussness.
Religions today are like the corupt money changers in the temple that Jesus
got pissed off at. Where he threw down there tables and told them to get out.

Any religion that charges money is not a religion that should be considered serious.

@Dyce actually you can resist the urge to eat. (Ghandi)
And you can resist the urge to have shelter (Homeless)
and you can resist the urge to have sex, (you wont die from this either)

Top Bottom