• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Hermit

Smash Cadet
I've never been in this thread, and I just found it, and thought I should post about Zamus' up + B attack.

It pulls enemies toward you, but it doesn't look like it elevates you up to a verticle angle...like everyone else's up + B does. Does this mean Zamus will only have two jumps with no extra jumping help to get back to the stage if knocked off?

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
We were overdue for a characters specials anyways. Not the best, not the worst. I'd rather see Zamus' special moves than the past few AT's.

Maybe tomorrow will be epic!

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
I've never been in this thread, and I just found it, and thought I should post about Zamus' up + B attack.

It pulls enemies toward you, but it doesn't look like it elevates you up to a verticle angle...like everyone else's up + B does. Does this mean Zamus will only have two jumps with no extra jumping help to get back to the stage if knocked off?

In theory, it looks like no. It does look like a great recovery but in certain situations like recovering but being OVER the ledge, you'd be limited due to her lacking UP-B. Maybe she'll shoot it downward and latch onto the ledge, but somehow I doubt it.

We'll just have to wait and see. It has the potential to make her really good, but seen from another point of view it could make her mindgames really weak whilst recovering.

And on that note, I'll go to bed, take care SWF.

Hermit

Smash Cadet
If you were under a ledge, and used the Plasma Wire, then you'd still have a hard time getting around the corner of the ledge and jumping up. Since in Melee, you didn't get an extra jump after hooking to the wall, you'd just get a little boost, then you could use up + B again. It doesn't look like a really useful move, especially when it should be one of the most important.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No offensive, but HOW THE HECK would that work? Press it and the Armor magically appears all over her body again?

Not trying to be mean, it just seems really weird.
As a matter of fact: Yes, that is how it works. Have you seen her do that in the Metroid Prime series? Her armor magically appears and disappears a few times in it. (Well, I've only played MP3:C)

But yes, it does look weird. :p

(Not saying I think that's what her Down-B is... Although, I guess now I wouldn't be surprised if it was.)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
wow. Zsamus looks way OP. that Dsmash looks like a killer edgeguard.

Samus has a tipper? sheik with grappel recovery, a shine spikeish edgeguard, and a tipper?

NERF!

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
so I'm guessing her standing UP-B is like Samus' homing grapple in Melee when you activate the extender. The only problem is that the way they explain it makes it seem like it only goes straight up. That doesn't sound too useful. How often is a person right above you without trying to DI to the side or FF? Plus, if you miss, who knows how long it takes for her to retract it. If you miss, the opponent might have time to FF, tech, and then punish the crap out of you. As for her whip having all the power at the tip, I hope it's not broken like Marth's sword. Picture Sheik on a small stage cracking that whip and tipping everyone and who moves faster than Marth and doesn't have to L-cancel. Let's hope they balance things out a bit. hehe

Teevo

Smash Rookie
Huh... I agree with Bushido, the up B does seem a little... impractical... but I digress, any update with Zero Suit Samus is always a good update in my book. Ya know... because of her... um... "Character design" ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Huh... I agree with Bushido, the up B does seem a little... impractical... but I digress, any update with Zero Suit Samus is always a good update in my book. Ya know... because of her... um... "Character design" ;)
Zero suit Samus is designed horribly...If it wasn't for her apparent super speed bonus...and the fact that I main Samus...I wouldn't even want to try her out

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe I was wrong...I was all for captain falcon.

Anyway, about Zamus,...do her special moves all look the same to anyone else? It's like six variations of the whip and "paralyzer."

tirkaro

Smash Champion
hmm. unusually lame update tonight. that, along with the press conference and nintendo power, can only mean that the rest of the week must have something shocking/awesome. lets hope D:

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
hmm. unusually lame update tonight. that, along with the press conference and nintendo power, can only mean that the rest of the week must have something shocking/awesome. lets hope D:
Unusually lame? It's a Monday.. They aren't exactly renowned for their groundbreaking starts to the week.

Though there have been a few exceptions.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I don't understand...why does he always update newer characters...he hasn't even mentioned Zelda since June 25! Why?!
Because they havnt changed anything about zelda?

Would you love to see an update about stuff you already know? no? because you'd be disappointed...

And I personally thought the golden hammer was a SWEET update..

Cmon.. hammer that can fly?!

Also... Does anybody remember this clip? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akKGaOIQ7Tc
of course you do..

Now look at the scene with ZSS 1:13 into the clip.

Looks to me like she's changing gun modes. I think thats going to be her Down B.

That may open up an entirely new array of moves from her, and maybe an even better recovery... even though I think her tether recovery is already really nice.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Hmm....since we got special moves, I think we should get captain falcon updated tonight.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
falcon....i said it last nite and was wrong...but i know it will be soon.
If falcon isn't up by the end of the week, im going to sit in my closet and knit sweaters while I cry and listen to dashbaord confessional.

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
Are there going to be any more veterans returning? Or is it unknown?
Just check the characters on the site. The ones under Veterans are all we know for sure. Seems like most people are assuming that Captain Falcon is coming back though, and I think it's a safe assumption.

Tuesday: Newcomer - Tetrimino ;)

Drake3

Smash Ace
God, this thread has devolved into "Ph4lkon 2moraiw"

Her side B and up B look the same, therefore will both be able to grab ledges? And look at the distance that thing covers.

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
i did like the udate on the site. Zamus does sound more interesting to use (i predicted correctly that today would be a day about someone specials moves too.), but is her down B the same has her reg b? hopefully not.

Tuesday: item (have not revealed many recently on ther site).

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to say Falcon should definitely be released sometime this week, maby even tonight.

Theres only 39 update left anyways, if they are going to release all the characters that means they don't have much time to do so. And I REALLY hope that they release all characters before release as otherwise I will find out as soon as the info is leaked and that will be a much less exciting way to find out.

56 days remaining... (pretty short since I've been waiting over 800 days so far)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...Falcon.

**** IT, IT'S FALCON!

YEHS!!!!!11!!!!!11!!!

It pains me to see the other veterans swathed in uncertainty. It sure as hell isn't going to make or break the fact that I am gonna buy the game, but I wanna know. **** it, I wanna know.

Smooth Criminal

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I think since they're having hands-on soon enough we'll get a general update about multiplayer VS mode.

and sonic is coming wednesday or thursday

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
I hope sakurai is generous this week just as he was last week....

I predict an update on costume/color choices!! I would stab my toe if this happens... I really want a different pokémon costume, where he would look like the Diamond/Pearl trainer!!! *crosses fingers*

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
I hope sakurai is generous this week just as he was last week....

I predict an update on costume/color choices!! I would stab my toe if this happens... I really want a different pokémon costume, where he would look like the Diamond/Pearl trainer!!! *crosses fingers*
Hey, I'm on this bandwagon. Green T Tetrimino ftw.:laugh:

Tuesday: Alternate Costumes

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, as others have suggested, he's saving the original 4 unlockables for us to unlock. A desperation plea for some characters like Ness, maybe, and the apparent late appearing falcon, but a possibility.

Top Bottom