• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Sinn

Smash Lord
whats wrong with Ashley's voice?!?

=(
I was wondering the same thing.

The English version sounds...well. Not young, that's for sure. I don't really dislike it, but...the Japanese version sounds muchly more awesome.

...I am getting PISSED off at my room now. God I hate ants...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Love the song! Who is this Ashley person anyway?

Kirby FS is kinda meh, but we all knew what it was. I wonder what the range is? Does it suck in everyone or just those close enough?

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
God, this is worse than the Piplun update. Sakurai is so stupid, I never thought I say it but he's actually hurting my anticipation for this game.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty random song choice for the Wario Ware series... definitely not what I was expecting (but in all honesty, I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe the song from the final boss stage in Smooth Moves or something). And I have to agree with silver777, I'm not crazy about Ashley's new voice. Japanese version of the song sounds closer.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
That song made me vomit up everything I've eaten in my whole lifetime until now.

Yes, it is possible.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ashley is a young girl....why oh WHY HER VOICE IS AN ADULT ?!?

People, go and listen to the Japanese one.....It is much more accurate to Ashley's character.

*Go and listen to JPN version*
Silver, I think it's just the cultural difference. As in, in Japan teenage girls (Ashley's about 15) generally have or a re viewed as having a more high-pitched voice. Not so in English-speaking countries. She doesn't really sound as an adult in the english version.... she's just not as high-pitched as in the japanese one.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Whoever she is, she sucks. I hope that this doesn't mean she might be playable.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
I think the problem with the American voice is that it's too cheery sounding. I like her voice from Touched because she sounded very brooding and dark, like her look suggests. Not a bad song, but it may get old after a while. Hopefully, the Wario Ware stage has a few choices for the My Music option.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529

Ashley

Ashley is a witch in training who lives in a creepy mansion in Diamond City with her grandmother and a little devil named Red. She is very emotionless and rarely ever smiles. Typically, she is not interested in activities not related to becoming a better witch; usually, Ashley tells Red to do it. She often spends her time improving various aspects of her witchcraft, while Red spends a lot of his time helping her in some way. Despite her generally uncaring personality, she does have a somewhat gentle side to her, as seen in her character intro in WarioWare: Smooth Moves. She is one of four characters (plus two sets of characters) in the series to have lyrics in her theme song (the others are Mike, Dribble and Spitz, and Kat and Ana).

- Ashley is just barely introduced in WarioWare: Touched!, as she is already found hard at work trying to make something. She then asks for more ingredients, which brings the player to the interactive portion of the intro, which is to drag various ingredients into the cauldron. However, the mixture fails to do what Ashley intended. While this is happening, Orbulon's ship flies on the top screen and gets hit by lightning, which causes Orbulon to eject. In the following scene, Ashley and Red head out in search of the ingredient they need. As they walk along, Orbulon crashes into Ashley. Orbulon begins to apologize, only to see Ashley looming over him in a very threatening manner, while Red tells her to "chill out." Orbulon starts to run away; Red tries to get Ashley's attention afterwards, only to have Ashley say that Orbulon is the ingredient she needs. Red runs after Orbulon in an attempt to capture him, which brings the player to Ashley's set of games. After completing a full round of her games, Orbulon is shown to have outrun Red, leaving the little devil empty-handed. Red apologizes to Ashley and seems to be forgiven, but then she says that she would use Red as an ingredient instead. Red doesn't quite understand.

- In WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Ashley is first seen looking through a book with a magnifying glass. She turns to Red, who quickly transforms into the wand seen in her promotional art. She tries to use the wand to alter a small seedling in a pot, though only manages to make the seedling grow into a small flower. Ashley figures that she needs more practice, and then a book with a skull face on the cover offers to help her practice. After the games are done, the book chuckles and flies off in a poof of smoke, telling Ashley to try again. Ashley does so, and she ends up spawning a massive man-eating piranha plant which totally destroys the mansion, much to Red's terror. As the scene fades out, she gently smiles.

- Ashley is voiced by Christina Peyser in the English version of WarioWare: Touched!. The voice of Japanese version isn't published. The difference between the two voice actors is that Japanese voice sounds much more young and high-pitched. English portrayal is lower in pitch and more monotone, especially in Smooth Moves.

- When listening to her character theme in the music bonus in WarioWare: Touched! and the player spins the disc at a certain speed, Ashley can be interpreted into saying "I have granted kids to hell." This, added to her appearance as a witch, led some to believe Nintendo was encouraging Satanism; however Nintendo has stated that it was a coincidence.

-In the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Ashley's Theme is the song in the WarioWare stage. Depending on the country, the language of the song will be different.

Red

Red is Ashley's red devil. He lives in a creepy mansion with his master Ashley and her grandmother. In WarioWare: Touched! he helps Ashley create a spell. In WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Ashley turns Red into a wand to help her transform her plant into a monster.

Ashley for Brawl???

Darkraid

Smash Champion
The kirby song is from a 'game' called cooking navi. Its a 'game' that teaches u how to cook. Not kirby related.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
This was posted in the Smash Composers Thread. I think it settles things about that mysterious second music file.

I think it's because nobody outside japan would get the joke. From what I can puzzle out it's from a Japan only DS title called DS Cooking Navi. Which was basically a cookbook for the DS that actually spoke the Japanese recipes so you could follow it. I think there's an european version in the works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DS_Cooking

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
That Kirby song is actually nice.

PS: While waiting on the update I made this crappy sig.

I hope you all hate it.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
OMG you are right!!

.....but....WHAT WAS THAT????

I am a Kirby fan and didn't recognize it.....

Apparently, it's from a japanese DS game/cooking tutorial thing called Cooking Navigator. More info here: http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?type=story&storyid=2257

And official page here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/a4vj/index.html (it's in Japanese, mind you).

No idea what that had to do with Kirby's final smash, though XDDD It seems more like a cute/funny extra to me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried to like the idea of Ashley as a PC but seems way too much of a cliche witch-type character...It's such a boring idea...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Emily McIntosh (voice of Ashley) says she is doing "Character Voice for new Nintendo game." Could Ashley possibly be playable?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=78403168&blogID=304101882
Her MySpace is trippy... lol listen to the song on her main page, she does a "Milkshake" (yes, the Kelis song) voice over for a radio station (it's in the "Jingle Demo" song). Pretty good...

Link: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=78403168

Wow, internet sleuthing ftw.

Top Bottom