• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Two characters in a week would be nice. Hell, ever since the site reopened every update has been nice. We used to get nothing, now we get something every day besides the weekend.

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I thought no one had noticed my totally witty and carefully timed comment.
Anyways, this has set us up for a good tommorow.
After today, no one should really care, as long as we GET an update!
Witty indeed, well done ;)

Yeah, you're probably right. Is anyone here really high maitenance?

Lol, I just can't win this thread. I guess crappy Monday item, it's Lucas of all people. I will try to keep saying item so we keep getting newcomers.

Tuesday - ITEM

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping for/sorta predicting a stage tonight. A Metroid one especially, but any stage would be nice.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I just saw something...

What's that... hexagon beneath Lucas that MetaKnight seems to be partially covering up?

PK Freeze anyone? (PSI Freeze whatever)
...Hey yeah! I didn't notice that before, but you could be right!

Also, props to me for guessing right! :D

Tomorrow, I predict... A stage.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I predict Ness on friday. As for the rest of the week I have no idea, but I'm gonna keep the hope alive for SOMEONE's special moves. And by someone I mean Kirby/Zelda/Peach/old people.

Sinn

Smash Lord
About whoever that was who said a whole bunch of Brawl predictions (how many characters and franchises would return, total roster size, etc.)...that person said there would be a newcomer and a veteran this week. Well...first day and he's already off to a good start. I don't think I would give it much merit still, but it is quite the odd circumstance to accurately predict when the newcomer would show up after such a long drought...

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I predict Ness on friday. As for the rest of the week I have no idea, but I'm gonna keep the hope alive for SOMEONE's special moves. And by someone I mean Kirby/Zelda/Peach/old people.
We already know their moves.. Play Melee.. They arent going to change TOO drastically..

I'd rather see something like Meta knight's special moves...

Final smash is a whole differnt story though.

Sinn

Smash Lord
We already know their moves.. Play Melee.. They arent going to change TOO drastically..

I dunno...with the addition of the F.L.U.D.D. move Mario has, I wouldn't be entirely sure about that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now that my Lucas prediction came true...the one night I said I want a Mother PC update instead of specifically writting out Lucas' name...ironically...

I have no idea who the guess for another newcomer...but I'm going for AC Character....

Tonight I want to see Lucas' moves so we know how much of a Ness Clone he really is...

as per usual:

Want: Geno PC
Newcomer: AC Rep
Veteran: Captain Falcon
Item: Beam Sword
Other: Lucas' B moves

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well, so far they HAVE had newcomer special move updates relatively close to when they posted them...aside from Zamus. Which kind of annoys me...

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice

They already revealed Meta Knight's sepcial moves a few weeks before he was released...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic05.html

They used his moveset as an example on that post. :)

EDIT: Oh right.... a prediction :p a stage update

Drake3

Smash Ace
I dunno...with the addition of the F.L.U.D.D. move Mario has, I wouldn't be entirely sure about that.
Exactly. But now that I look at it, Link, Mario and Fox are the only vets to have moves listed for them. Anyway, I just want the special moves of the characters who could have something drastically altered (ie Zelda's transformation, Kirby's hammer, and Yoshi's egg toss). Although final smashes wouldn't be too bad either I guess?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well one thing we DO know about Yoshi and his Egg Toss from the site is:

"Among other things, he can now use his up special move, the Egg Toss, to increase the distance of his jump. That’s enough to earn him a hearty welcome, isn’t it?"

LoGiKAeRiS

Smash Cadet

"Among other things, he can now use his up special move, the Egg Toss, to increase the distance of his jump. That’s enough to earn him a hearty welcome, isn’t it?"
I dont see how much farther Yoshi could jump even with that new skill

Blackadder

Smash Master

Sinn, didn't you have only 500 posts like...a week ago?
Speedy. :p

I dont see how much farther Yoshi could jump even with that new skill
Sakurai knows what he's doing, he'll probably make some weird Uber jump out of it. Or maybe he won't guy very far, and it's only used to get "Dat wittle bit cwosa!"
I suddenly expect the latter.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Want:
-Isaac as a playable character.
-Ness as a playable character.
-Marth as a playable character.
-Zelda's special moves.

Expectation:
-Item.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I prefer the term obsessive =D
Heehee.
I got 1000 posts in under a month!
I swear, if you've beaten that record, I may have to kill all of us here on SWF.
...Yes, I have a supressed bloodlust.
But you haven't beaten that record...right? RIGHT.
:laugh:

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Only have a few hours, probably not a new character or game mechanic, I'm going with some tossable item. Or maybe a stage.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... well, now that Lucas is around I suppose we'll be seeing a Mother 3 stage any time now. Like tonight maybe...

Sinn

Smash Lord
Heehee.
I got 1000 posts in under a month!
I swear, if you've beaten that record, I may have to kill all of us here on SWF.
...Yes, I have a supressed bloodlust.
But you haven't beaten that record...right? RIGHT.
:laugh:
Nope. I would have liked to, but studying for massive tests (of which I STILL didn't pass all of x_x) got in the way. But pretty close. Only missed it by like... a week. First day I signed up was August 21st. Ah, feels like so long ago...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I don't believe my eyes. Lucas confirmed? Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! Finally! Some Earthbound representation! Sweetness!!

But why on earth did Sakurai put Lucas before Ness?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Nope. I would have liked to, but studying for massive tests (of which I STILL didn't pass all of x_x) got in the way. But pretty close. Only missed it by like... a week. First day I signed up was August 21st. Ah, feels like so long ago...
Dang, I have some competition.
You've gone up by about 7 posts already, Jesus!
I must post! Post! POOOST.

Oh, and Stage tonight.

Top Bottom