• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
How does Wario do a better job of spacing than a jigglypuff bair?

Jigglypuff does not get ****ed in the butt every time half the cast grabs her.

Sheik can't beat jigglypuff by just standing there forward tilting all day.

So jigglypuff needs to make a hard read to kill most of the time.. Ok. Wario not only has that same problem, but in addition everytime he reads incorrectly he gets the **** knocked out of him.

Wario is terrible.
Lol. I hope you're not serious but I'll respond anyways because tired as ****.

Fair is essentially bair except with faster aerial speed to get out of the way quicker. It doesn't do as much damage, but it's more difficult to punish. They're pretty close in this regard I guess, but more difficult to get ***** > damage IMO.

Wario doesn't get ****ed when the opposing character is above 100%, while Jigglypuff can't do anything except try to bait a Fair or a hard read (that she can't force because her options to bait people are turrble).

Game and Watch can't beat Wario by just being Game and Watch. Not only is G&W higher on the tier list, but I'm pretty sure you're more likely to run into one at a tournament as well except maybe in your local area. Almost all of Wario's bad match ups are worse for Jigglypuff than they are for Wario. MK? Marth? Peach? Dedede? Olimar? Hah. Good luck against any of those that know the matchup. Wario actually has decent matchups against characters that aren't ganondorf, too. :p. Sheik is also bad for Jigglypuff, although maybe not as easily as Wario is.

You're saying it like Jigglypuff doesn't get ***** for every kill choice move she makes. Fair and Wario's Uair are both kill options that I forgot about. They're both pretty easy to read, but knowing how Wario's a move that hits above while Jigglypuff's is another horizontal move that won't really be considered a mix up, Jigglypuff's fair is way more expected than a Uair, regardless of how much Wario uses it. Outside of that, Wario has Waft (Generally safe) and FSmash (Punishable, but not nearly as much as Jigglypuff's options) versus Jigglypuff's Rest (If she's above 40%, she's dead) and Fsmash (More punishable than Wario's Fsmash by a long shot). Also, none of her kill options kill before 100 unless it's a fair next to the blast zone. Unlike Wario and his Waft/Uair killing near the blast zone, Jigglypuff does not have the aerial speed to get near an opponent in the blast zone quick enough for the kill unless it's like a bair wall into a fair (and the percents that you would actually get a bair wall at are too low for killing).

Wario is no where near as bad as Jigglypuff.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Dedede-Puff is worse than Dedede-Wario?

HAH.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Wario doesn't get punished as hard for missing a Fsmash as Puff does?

HAH.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

:phone:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
No I'm not. Especially with Jigglypuff lol. Well... Not as uninformed as you are at least :p.

Jigglypuff's Fsmash is slower than Wario's and Jigglypuff is literally pushing herself into your arms for any counter move you possibly have. Wario's isn't THAT bad for sure (almost no smash is unless it's like lolsnakefsmash bad).

Jigglypuff has nothing against Dedede's bair as Wario has nothing against Dedede's grab. At least Wario can do something if Dedede is above him. Jigglypuff just sits there waiting for a back air or inhale (since her up air is ***). The matchup is probably easier for DDD because all DDD has to do is time back airs and inhale. Jigglypuff can't do anything. Wario can. Plus grabbing wario is not the easiest thing to do since they expect it from every character ever and are kind of used to avoiding grabs.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Okay.

Say a Puff whiffs a Fsmash vs a D3. How does he get punished? He eats just a bthrow/fthrow/dthrow.

Now say a Wario whiffs a Fsmash vs a D3. How does he get punished? He eats a CG to grab release Fair/Bair/Usmash, leading to a gimp, or kill off the top. And *poof*, there goes a stock.

Does that not say anything to you? Are you that blinded about how ****ty Wario does in that matchup?

Oh, and not to mention that EVERY ****ING CHARACTER has a grab release setup on Wario.

You say that Puff can't do anything vs Bair while Wario can't do anything vs grab. That's just proving that Wario does worse than Puff in that matchup because grab is the bane of Wario's existence. You just made your argument less convincing.

And please explain what Wario can do vs D3's Bair. Enlighten me.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff has nothing against Dedede's bair as Wario has nothing against Dedede's grab. At least Wario can do something if Dedede is above him. Jigglypuff just sits there waiting for a back air or inhale (since her up air is ***).
Uairs hitbox is above her hurt box making it the answer to when dedede is above her

And if you think she has no answer for bair why would she just sit there waiting for a bair/inhale

And any move I can get in on mk between his dairs isn't ***

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
D3 is only good against chars who doesn't out-camp him (besides MK)

...but then he gets hard countered the next game...

The safest moment that anyone should use D3 is on game 3/5 vs a char who doesn't out-camp him and gets ***** by his CG. Other than that, he's a terrible character.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I personally think that every character who out-camps D3 does well against him (yes, that includes Wolf), because he is that terrible of a character.
thanks for the good laugh.

why are both of you using whiffing fsmash on dedede as an example? when the hell does that ever happen? that's making both of your points seem silly ._.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeaah I was wrong about Wario not being able to do anything about the grab. Sorry about that lol.

Realistically, you'll be grabbing Jigglypuff more than you will Wario. Up-tilt seems logical, too. Plus 18% on a Jigglypuff like that is like 20% closer to her death lool. I'm pretty sure that if you got 6-7 back throws on a Jiggs (hint: you probably will more likely than you would get 3-4 grabs on wario), she's dead.

Also, grab isn't as bad as I thought it was. For some reason I thought Dedede could infinite Wario. XD Silly me.

Jigglypuff doesn't do "Better" than Wario just because of the fact that Grab is the "bane of his existance." It's not instantly like "Wario gets grabbed, so worse than every other character in this match-up". They're both losing the match-up solidly, Jigglypuff having no options at all, Wario having few. That gives a Wario a shot, and Jigglypuff no hope. o_O.

Wario's chance? It's simple.

Bike(tires) and prooobably aerial speed(for timing out & punishing).

Tires obviously set up for percentage & mix-ups, bike thrown down helps a ton in the match up for more pressure. Jigglypuff can not get percentage like this in the slightest, and Jigglypuff's "mix-ups" are like bair and nair :v. Bike sets up safe situations for Wario in instances, something Jigglypuff doesn't have.

Setting up pressure doesn't do anything if Wario can't get in... That's where his aerial speed comes in. He can easily get to Dedede while he's being pressured with the bike/tires due to how fast he is in the air. Bike + Aerials + Dropped/thrown tires = an actual option or two at times. His aerial speed also gives him ways to recover if needed, such as bike away from DDD if he chases you off stage. Gimps are possible and will probably happen in a set at least once, but saying that it's what makes the match up worse for Wario than Jigglypuff... lol no.

Punishing with Wario also actually works with things like Dair/Uair/Nair. Dair, unlike Jigglypuff's, actually sends DDD away with the last hit, something that Jigglypuff's doesn't do, and if it fails, Wario can actually go into the ground quick enough to (probably) react accordingly. Uair does decent damage and is fast enough to where it's an actual punish. Jigglypuff's is just like "Eh". It can hit, but he's not going far and it'll probably put you in a worse situation. Nair, while I personally see it as the unsafe option, still works in that it can give Wario combos and such on power shield.

Wario also has the speed and ability to time Dedede out as well if it really gets down to that point, something that Jigglypuff can't do at all.

Jigglypuff's main options are grab, aerials, and DACUS maybeee??? Dedede wrecks all of them to shreds without any effort whatsoever.

Wario's main options are grab, aerials, bike, bite, jab/ftilt, waft, and I guess we can consider timing out an option. Bike alone makes this match up better than versus Jigglypuff. Bike and tires actually make D3 have to think a bit.

It's not in Wario's favor at all, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it's better for Wario than it is for Jigglypuff.

If Jigglypuff does have options that I'm missing, please tell me :p. I'm pretty sure she doesn't, though. Tell me if I missed options with Wario, too.

Oh, and the fact that characters have grab releases on him doesn't mean they win the match up loool. Look at Yoshi for example. Infinite on Wario, yet both boards consider it even. That's an infinite. Not just a grab release set up. Grab release set ups don't make Wario worse than characters like Kirby, Pit, or Peach.

Wario users can probably argue this way better than I can, since it's more of a focus on Wario's capabilities than Jigglypuff's worthlessness, but as a Jigglypuff user, you're simply wrong lol.

thanks for the good laugh.

why are both of you using whiffing fsmash on dedede as an example? when the hell does that ever happen? that's making both of your points seem silly ._.
I don't recall saying anything about wiffed Fsmashes. Was talking about Fsmash on shield, something you'll probably see more often than wiffed fsmashes lol.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
That's what I meant by whiffed Fsmashes. Sorry.

Maybe I was unaware of how much of a ****ty character Puff is. Wario still sucks imo, but maybe not as bad as Puff.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Wall if text beats me but I did see Kirby in there and he's better then wario

Overswarm

is laughing at you
why are people talking about jigglypuff not getting punished harder than wario

when Jigglypuff gets punished

she dies

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Yeah, but Wario gets grabbed when he gets punished...

...which is the equivilent of dying for Wario because he is a terrible character.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The best poster is Revenge of the sith.

If you can't land moves with D3, maybe you should be playing Barbie Sweet 16.

Seriously if you can't play D3 you need to seriously re-evaluate your life, it's the easiest thing since 2 cent hookers.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Well, of course D3 is easier when you're actually good at the game.

You can pick up any character in higher levels of play.

Source: Ally

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Yeah but I'm terrible at this game, I can't even D3 chaingrab consistantly.

I just understand how to play this game, even if I suck at it.

L2P.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Yeah but I'm terrible at this game, I can't even D3 chaingrab consistantly.

I just understand how to play this game, even if I suck at it.

L2P.
Oh boy, more people who are better than me talking about how bad they are in front of someone who is worse than them.

****ing perfect.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
If you can chaingrab you have better techskill than I do. And if you don't then maybe you shouldn't play brawl or at least practice before you complain.

Brawl tournies are not catered to my needs, I chaingrab 100x better when I'm drinking, probably because I'm always drinking when I practice brawl.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Then you have better techskill than I do. Ask KB/Kass how good I am at chaingrabbing peach when I'm sober, they jab all day. All D3 takes is a little comprehensive thinking and some luck. Using your brain helps.

And if your getting outcamped by people who aren't oli/falco/maybe ICs, then ur doing it wrong.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Tako what are you doing

come over to my house to play board games and the like

Top Bottom