• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Pretty sure we're just doing Brawl characters. lol Just felt like posting to bump this before it starts getting active now that the season is over. :3
So the theme is Metaknight?

dohoho

Michigan needs more tournaments. West tournaments. I wonder why TC never grew a scene - it's a large enough area you'd think there'd be more than a few.

By the by, what about Youma's tourney? Or did no one running it keep the brackets?

What's The Point

Smash Master
I included the OoS tournaments that matter in the list (The one NE OH one I went to and Nope's tournament).

I assumed we would each just make a list of 8 then some one would average it.

Also Boxxy is totally getting placed in at 3rd. But I don't actually care, I just naturally assume he has stupid reasons for not wanting to be ranked.

Roller

Smash Legend
WTP, I wouldn't make a list of 8 and avg. I'd suggest making a list of 10, then avg only keeping the top 8. Because people's 7-10 choices could all be pretty close.

Shout outs to Boxxy for being lulzy

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
WTP, I wouldn't make a list of 8 and avg. I'd suggest making a list of 10, then avg only keeping the top 8. Because people's 7-10 choices could all be pretty close.

Shout outs to Boxxy for being lulzy
Everything after spot # 5 is completely up in the air. No need to make a list of ten tbh.

@Super: How can I run West MI tournaments? lol

And none of us ran the Youmacon tournaments. Plus it was 54 scrubs and 10 noon scrubs (probably not even that much)...totally not worth looking at.

ZTD | TECHnology

The Michigan PR committee has decided that due to inactivity amongst our top players, we are extending the season back 1 month. Meaning the end of the season will now be the last tournament in January. During this time, we are expecting to have 1 or 2 more tournaments to help promote a more accurate Power Rankings. Accuracy is most important part in making a PR and without it we might as well not even have one. Our goal is to give some people more opportunities to prove themselves.

Upcoming tournaments will be announced soon.

This decision was favored by 4 out of 5 members ( one of which is me and I have no problem defending this) of the group with 1 "Whatever is fine with me".

Thanks for reading folks. The season isn't over yet so step it up for January.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
i know L feels me thank god one of you panelist people understand where i'm coming from and not just herp derpin im in charge so im right you have no say

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Everything after spot # 5 is completely up in the air. No need to make a list of ten tbh.

@Super: How can I run West MI tournaments? lol

And none of us ran the Youmacon tournaments. Plus it was 54 scrubs and 10 noon scrubs (probably not even that much)...totally not worth looking at.
Traverse City, man. I call you Tech_Chase 'cause we're backwards around these parts. But yeah, good call - I didn't know who was there and holy hell I still have Kail's Melee sitting here. Need to go a tournament soon.

Roller

Smash Legend

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't proposing a 10 man PR. I was proposing that the panel members each give each other their list of the top 10, and avg those. Then take the top 8 from the avg and make that the PR.

I was saying this so that every panel member would order all the top players, specifically the questionable ones at the end. This way you know how each panel member feels about all of the bottom people in contention to make a more accurate final ~3 spots on the PR.

I also agree with lengthening the season due to inactivities.

ZTD | TECHnology

@ Roller:No I know what you meant. I still just think that everything after 5 would be pointless. If the list were close after 5 then I'd agree with that. Trust me I get what you mean.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You guys should do a top 6 list like Illinois does. Your player pool isn't exactly the largest around, honestly.

Roller

Smash Legend
Oh, you mean you are against having an 8 man pr. I gotcha. I had just thought 8 was the agreed upon number. Didn't realize you were still trying to decide on how many people would be on it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Oh, you mean you are against having an 8 man pr. I gotcha. I had just thought 8 was the agreed upon number. Didn't realize you were still trying to decide on how many people would be on it.
No that's not either. Lol never mind the issue has been solved anyway.

And Ori and I have our target dates for the January tournaments so we shall see what happens. I would like to find a different venue aside from Gameyard because of last time but if I have to I will use it. So I'm going to give a week or so and see what I can do. Ori is looking into WBST5.

ZTD | TECHnology

I honestly didn't think about it. I just wanted to see people's reactions/interpretation of my sig. And then words were said..**** was talked...(mainly by me)..and bam Infern and I are having a title match lol. But I always start stuff with him LOL.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Infern I made it, I could make one that says the "sexier" snake in the midwest ;D
Remake his sig and put in in small words in a corner somewhere "...2nd only to Infern"

and Yes God Kais are freely allowed to double post, in fact we are encouraged to

ZTD | TECHnology

Unfortunately we don't have it yet. Lain usually get our housing (lol...) If you know of anyone can that provide I will buy you a drink lol

Top Bottom