• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Well we're getting some pretty consistent tournaments in MI now, and me and the West MI guys have been talking about heading out there to show up a bit more. We won't be placing, but hey, we might in a year or so, who knows.

...Speaking of tournaments, I believe Brawl in the Cold is eligible to be considered for Season 2.

Roller

Smash Legend
^I think this issue should be discussed.

I can see arguments for and against it. idrc 'cause I'll be in NJ for it. But it should be figured out.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Nice! These are finally up (^______________^) Tech why aren't you on the list? =(
Too inconsistent. Now that I'm done character hopping Season 2 is going to be a lot different than 1 for me. Count on it.

Also we will consider SuperTH's tournament but we need to see who is going to be there.

ZTD | TECHnology

I can't help that. My tournaments obviously have to work around my schedule first lol. Plus I have to not conflict with other tournies. The dates almost pick themselves.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I honestly just forgot about Cold-Con when I put up the season 2 tournaments.

Though the IC infinite ban does make it less legitimate. Especially since our top guy is an IC, so you can beat him there but it wouldn't mean anything.

What's The Point

Smash Master
It's that the tournament has a non-standard rule which is the issue.

I was just showing how that can directly relate to our PR.

Lain would probably win with MK, but that isn't really the point.

ZTD | TECHnology

I forgot that rule.

I agree though. We're supposed to be judging off who can perform in "Official Tournament Standards". A rule like the one imposed at Cold Con shys it away from the standard and its not something small either. And even if only one person in this state played ICs (so far there are 5 ) that would still be irrelevant. It is not about whether Lain can just go MK and **** everyone.

ZTD | TECHnology

You should come to one of the tournies this season and chill with us bro. We'll give you the MI experience :D And a healthy diet of greens ;)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It's gonna be a minute before I'll have the cash flow to come up by myself. If I did it would probably HAVE to be in April (EARLY MAY) unless someone seriously wants to drive out to 3/19 thing.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I forgot that rule.

I agree though. We're supposed to be judging off who can perform in "Official Tournament Standards". A rule like the one imposed at Cold Con shys it away from the standard and its not something small either. And even if only one person in this state played ICs (so far there are 5 ) that would still be irrelevant. It is not about whether Lain can just go MK and **** everyone.
Sounds fair, although isn't the rule fairly irrelevant as it is really only imposed to those who don't repeal it before the match? The rule does state that before a match it can be repealed on player agreement.

EDIT: Although the whole 'Official Tournament Standards' thing is not stated in the Tournament eligibility area. If MI is going that route I'd recommend adding that.

No CG makes ICs perhaps bottom tier. That's a ridiculous rule to have, imo. There's no way that should be counted for PR. Sure lain would still win, but what about IC mains like Ori or Roller?

Top Bottom