• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Sounds fair, although isn't the rule fairly irrelevant as it is really only imposed to those who don't repeal it before the match? The rule does state that before a match it can be repealed on player agreement.

EDIT: Although the whole 'Official Tournament Standards' thing is not stated in the Tournament eligibility area. If MI is going that route I'd recommend adding that.
I know that your rule can be repealed but that will realistically only happen if two players that normally play in tournaments play each other. If Roller for example played against a local that is terrified of ICs (seems to be a fair amount of them after Backstage) then Roller is pretty much forced to go with his Pikachu. And imo his ICs are a bit better so he has to handicap himself to play against a local. The fact that this scenario is a possibly is what puts me off. '

Oh and yeah I agree with your last statement.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Antherrrrrr. From last I heard, he wants to try to get a job before he goes to tournies again. A temporary retirement of sorts. x:

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
How long has it been now..?? iirc it's like.........uhhh a year and a half since he stopped going to tournies errvweek.

lain

Smash Master
Disappoint with the power rankings :'[

Next time let's have top 10, honorable mention, and actually do a cool theme

ZTD | TECHnology

Disappoint with the power rankings :'[

Next time let's have top 10
Eh its kind of a joke to put average level players on a PR. And after top 8 thats what it would have came out to be. Plus no one else really had any noteworthy merits.

honorable mention

I kind of agree but at the same time not sure how its worth it unless we get better as a whole. Which can happen.

and actually do a cool theme
I do agree with this.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Eh its kind of a joke to put average level players on a PR. And after top 8 thats what it would have came out to be. Plus no one else really had any noteworthy merits.
Maybe ill just cause debate over this, but I think sumer is definitely worthy of a mention. I was surprised he wasnt on the pr in the first place. I agree with lain, 8 is too little. Besides, honorable mentions and such give motivation,because then at least someone knows they are close to making it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Sumer has good placements however no notable wins and losses to non PRed people.The latter two is more important. I mean I don't mind the idea of HMs but I'm not really for it either. I used to think the exact same way that you do but in all honesty for me it's just a novelty. I don't need a panel of people to tell me how skilled I am, I already know. If I make the list that's awesome. I'd rather just go for that than an HMs list though. It's like saying "Thanks for trying but you aren't quite there at PR level" That's just my opinion. I have no problem explaining my reasoning behind my decisions. And like I said Iamnot actively against HMs I just don't see the point entirely when our scene is still in the adolescent phase.Then again I am just 1 man on a panel of 5.

What's The Point

Smash Master
HM come in two flavors; almost rankable players and past/retired ranked players. The former I have never seen the point of having, since then it's not Top # players, it's Top (#+HM). The HM is really just an extension of your rankings. So they are ranked just not given an official number amongst themselves (Though I've seen PRs that do order the HM, like Ohio which is really top 15 not 10).

Past/retire players I think is worth a line of mention underneath. For instance I was actually going to do an "Honorary Mentions: Anther" line after the image (I forgot and no one mentioned HMs) since we all know he's #2/3, but just isn't active enough right now.

fZk

Smash Lord
^ that's so much better than the actual pic we have. I still like what we have, as long as we don't get some anime crap.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You don't want anime crap, yet you think a random picture I made that consists entirely of lyrics to a 2001 J-Pop song is better? XD

fZk

Smash Lord
well not the song, that was weird and bad, but the actual pictures for the characters I thought were pretty good.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
What's the merit in having a special theme, anyway? All you do is pick something silly like Morning Musume's Mr. Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~ and make a picture based on it

and pretend it all makes sense somehow.

LET'S SINGING! SING A SONG
Ankoku where do you find your renders? I must know :3
^ that's so much better than the actual pic we have. I still like what we have, as long as we don't get some anime crap.
I know I can do better, I'll have more time next season and I am gonna start making designs for season 2 soon

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I just look up pictures on DeviantArt and cut them out myself.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh come on, it was just a joke. Ori could probably make something better in about an hour.

Top Bottom