• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

fZk

Smash Lord
The idea of counting mm is not bad, but why the seemingly arbitrary $5 limit. Seems to me that money is money and theoretically there should be no difference between a $1 mm or a $20 mm. As long as money is on the line both smashers should try their hardest to win, again I emphasize the word theoretically.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I can't say that I know too many people that honestly take $1 MMs as serious as say a $20 dollar MM. I think that its a idea to consider. Obviously they wouldn't hold as much merit as a tournament win but it could be worth something to consider. $5 is perfectly fine since 70% of MM is too scared to MM in general anyway. I would just make sure that a panelist or the T.O. knows (half of the panel are T.Os anyway..) about the match.

That's if we passed this. But the Panelists need to discuss this a group anyway before we enact something like this.

fZk

Smash Lord
I can't say that I know too many people that honestly take $1 MMs as serious as say a $20 dollar MM. I think that its a idea to consider. Obviously they wouldn't hold as much merit as a tournament win but it could be worth something to consider. $5 is perfectly fine since 70% of MM is too scared to MM in general anyway. I would just make sure that a panelist or the T.O. knows (half of the panel are T.Os anyway..) about the match.

That's if we passed this. But the Panelists need to discuss this a group anyway before we enact something like this.
I meant in the sense that loser will lose money in a money match, of course losing $20 is more "serious" than losing $1, but that's not what my point was. My point is that as long as money is on the line neither player would want to lose and hence would play to actually win.

$5 is a good number but still seems random to me, why not $4 or $6 or whatever. But I'm not one of the panelist and have no say in the matter so I'm done posting about this.

ZTD | TECHnology

I meant in the sense that loser will lose money in a money match, of course losing $20 is more "serious" than losing $1, but that's not what my point was. My point is that as long as money is on the line neither player would want to lose and hence would play to actually win.

$5 is a good number but still seems random to me, why not $4 or $6 or whatever. But I'm not one of the panelist and have no say in the matter so I'm done posting about this.
My post actually wasn't in direct response to your lol. I do agree with you though about MMs make people play more seriously though.

Roller

Smash Legend
Honestly, I will $1 MM pretty much anybody who asks, and just take it as a more meaningful friendly. I take $5 ones way more seriously. But that's just me. Also, would $5 MMs vs OoS people count? Because I would do way more if they did. lol

And how many people did you guys decide to put on the PR again? 8?

What's The Point

Smash Master
$5 is half of your usual tournament entrance and also there is a bill for $5.

And the amount of money on the line is very important. Losing $1 isn't anything compared to losing $20. They are both consequences but are in no way equal. Tournaments have a minimum for entry fee because who would really care in a $1 tournament?

ZTD | TECHnology

8 is the target right now. Though we still need to see who comes to my tournament. Depending on what happens it could be six. We'll let you know.

And I agree with both of the points that were just made about the amounts of cash on the line.

fZk

Smash Lord
You can't feed Roller of the dollar menu. He picks the most unhealthiest crap they got in the menu and then he gets two or three of them.

Roller

Smash Legend
You can't feed Roller of the dollar menu. He picks the most unhealthiest crap they got in the menu and then he gets two or three of them.
You act as though I went into the student union last night, and got a Philly Cheese Steak sub, 2 double baconators, a frosty, fries, and Pizza Hut breadsticks. And saw Ankoku while I was there.

Of course this is all crazy. None of this happened.

ZTD | TECHnology

Omg I want one..but they're so badddddd lol

You act as though I went into the student union last night, and got a Philly Cheese Steak sub, 2 double baconators, a frosty, fries, and Pizza Hut breadsticks. And saw Ankoku while I was there.

Of course this is all crazy. None of this happened.
You're my favorite fat skinny person :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So, if MI were to get a car, who would come? Would you bring your own Dro? I need to know the answers to these questions so I know how much I should bring :0

Yeah, UNK3

THuGz

Smash Lord
No one from Michigan gets on the PR because you all missed Nkv3 and instead is replaced by a statue of Pikachu with a subscript "THuG plays him really well."

Top Bottom