• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Rizk18

Smash Lord
^ What he said, Roller you dont even know football. How many wins did they have with their QB? Stafford played for like 1 and a half games. He lost the first one from Chicago which was an obvious win. And the second one to the Jets which obviously was another win. GG scrub. Nice job not even making it into bracket ROFL.

Roller

Smash Legend
^ What he said, Roller you dont even know football. How many wins did they have with their QB? Stafford played for like 1 and a half games. He lost the first one from Chicago which was an obvious win. And the second one to the Jets which obviously was another win. GG scrub. Nice job not even making it into bracket ROFL.
^lol, this man.

Please be less easy.

Also, Tech f'ed me with a death pool. But no johns. I suck. :)

Let's see how long it takes you to realize that you do too.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Lmfao, you didnt even make it to bracket dude. You're on Gifts level, even BELOW Ori! Ori pwns you and I obviously do too. Im more then sure I would've guarenteed at least 9th if not 7th. GG lol, dont get too mad over the game. Thanks for playing!

Roller

Smash Legend
Lmfao, you didnt even make it to bracket dude. You're on Gifts level, even BELOW Ori! Ori pwns you and I obviously do too. Im more then sure I would've guarenteed at least 9th if not 7th. GG lol, dont get too mad over the game. Thanks for playing!
First of all, you edited your post. A real troll gets it right the first time.

Buttt I guess I'll explain.

My pool was sumer, kenny, me, marco, random.
Tech's pool was 1 better player (i forget who), tech, random, random.
Ori's pool was 1 better player (again I can't recall), Ori, random, random

Top 2 get out. You would not have gotten out of my pool, rizk. I'm sorry.

What happened was the TO's gave themselves free pools, and f'ed over a few people in order to do so.

I still could have made it out. Sure. I took Kenny to game 3, last stock. Just made a few too many errors in a 30:70 mu. But I didn't pull it out. You would have lost too bro, but that's ok. We are both pretty bad at the game.

Maybe you should try showing up for once though. Could help you to not be quite as bad. Might want to look into some anger management classes first though. Do they offer them in middle school?

Roller

Smash Legend
By free pools I meant free 2nd seeds, just to clarify. By "better player" I meant someone better than Tech and Ori respectively.

L, we never played. =[

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
First of all, you edited your post. A real troll gets it right the first time.

Buttt I guess I'll explain.

My pool was sumer, kenny, me, marco, random.
Tech's pool was 1 better player (i forget who), tech, random, random.
Ori's pool was 1 better player (again I can't recall), Ori, random, random

Top 2 get out. You would not have gotten out of my pool, rizk. I'm sorry.

What happened was the TO's gave themselves free pools, and f'ed over a few people in order to do so.

I still could have made it out. Sure. I took Kenny to game 3, last stock. Just made a few too many errors in a 30:70 mu. But I didn't pull it out. You would have lost too bro, but that's ok. We are both pretty bad at the game.

Maybe you should try showing up for once though. Could help you to not be quite as bad. Might want to look into some anger management classes first though. Do they offer them in middle school?
Roller quit *****ing if you knew it was Top 2 make it out why wouldn't you essentially try harder? I mean Your pool was fair looking at a skill count. You and Sumer were the two second seeds. YOU just out played. If Tech wanted he could have had you in my pool and you still would have gotten 3rd seed lol

I also did no seeding at all, 0 ZERO none. Tech seeded the entire tourney and then asked me if each pool was fair. Which each were through skill imo and I only looked at the ones he wa having trouble seeding and I believe yours was one of them

Don't hate on Rizk also he took Kenny to game 3 in bracket where **** really does matter.

And Rizk is that supposed to mean something?

Roller

Smash Legend
Wait. So you think that you and Sumer deserve the same seed in pools?

...Why? He gets 5th-9th each tourney. You get lower.

And I did not hate on Rizk until he said something. And would definitely not have gotten 3rd seed if I was given the pool you had.
L, random, random...? Tough one you had there.

...you knew it was Top 2 make it out why wouldn't you essentially try harder?
We were told top 3 made it out. It was changed after my match. So I guess that is "essentially" why I didn't try harder.

And Boxxy, I never said I deserve one. But if I don't get a 2nd seed, I don't see why Tech got one. I mean, if you look at the last tourney. In this case SiiS4. Not only did I make it out of pools, I beat arguably the top Tink in MW:E out of winners. Meanwhile Tech got like 88th. I still like Tech and Ori and everybody just fine. I just don't think that our state can seed without bias.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Roller, I'm going to quote myself and dissect what I said.

You and Sumer were the two second seeds. YOU just out played.
I knew Kenny was 1st seed. I believed that you and Sumer were more tied as a second seed when compared to the rest of your pool. So thats what I was trying to get across.

If Tech wanted he could have had you in my pool and you still would have gotten 3rd seed lol
If Tech didn't think the spread of skill was decent in your pool he could have added you to my pool making it a 5 man pool (Me, you, L_Cancel, random #1, random #2) I am almost positive I would have beaten you in pools because the only matches that I have EVER lost to you are friendlies.

My ICs were doing well yesterday. The 2 Diddy kong players, fZk and Gifts, both of them believe they are better than me, got 2 stocked by my ICs and I don't know that MU that well lol. You even trained with for hours this past week in the Diddy vs IC MU and they still lost.

Also, I never said I'm better than or deserve to be the same seed as Sumer. Sumer is an overall better player than me because he has means of practice that isn't wifi. I will only play Brawl when its wifi because none of IRL friends that I hang out with play Smash lol. Boxxy can vouch or me as well since he is one of my closest friends. He and I only practice the night before and actually during tourneys.

Gio is right as well, the pools weren't that fair and they could have been better but Tech wanted no outside help for pools because everyone has their biases.

Stop *****ing and learn to get first seed like a real hero.
^this.

I was as close as you could get to beating L_Cancel. Its just like all my sets with SK at the 3 tourneys prior to this one last hit last stock on Game 3. But I didn't sd once against L which was nice.

fZk

Smash Lord

My ICs were doing well yesterday. The 2 Diddy kong players, fZk and Gifts, both of them believe they are better than me, got 2 stocked by my ICs and I don't know that MU that well lol. You even trained with for hours this past week in the Diddy vs IC MU and they still lost.

I don't see what this has to do with anything. I don't care about what's being discussed here and would appreciate it if you let me out of it, especially your expecualtion about what I do and don't believe.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
By the way, I'm fully confident in my ability to seed without bias.

I also think that if you already believe yourself to be a second seed, you're garbage. Don't worry, we all are. The important thing is to not talk yourself up if you're already content with remaining in mediocrity.

But most importantly, don't misuse the word "death pool." A death pool consists of more people than can get out who could all have a fair shot at first seed - noted as a pool that is eliminating someone who could've easily made it far in brackets. And by far, I mean into the money. Not just something silly like top 8. If lain, Judge, and L-Cancel were all in one pool, that's a death pool. If Boxxy, Coco, and Azure were all in one pool, that's a death pool. If Mew2King, Flame, and Sumer were all in one pool, that is not a death pool. That's just a pool with Mew2King in it.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Roller, I edited my post to add in" Thanks for playing." So yeah "Editing" my post doesnt mean anything. I edited it 2 seconds after I posted it. Now onto your pool, it had Sumer(beat him in tourney<3 you) Kenny(hes cool, took him to game 3) YOU(f**king 2 stocked your pikachu and IC with FOX! 75-25 MU!) And you had a random...I would've DEFINATLEY made it out you scrub, just because you Suck don't try to drag people who are obviously better then you into that bs you got going on.

Ori, I didn't mean it like you think I did. My post about you insinuated that you are improving alot,which is why you placed higher than Roller.

Bottom line is that Roller should gtfo and get better instead of "thinking" his pool is "stacked".

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I do apologize for the two bad pools. My intention was not to give myself and Ori "free" second seeds. I do admit it was a rush job because I was highly paranoid about the time. . You do need to take into consideration that there were a lot of randoms or 3rd seeds. Every pool had two bottom seed players I believe. And because of that someone was getting a death pool because of all the people worthy of getting 2nd seed there. There were only about 7 clearly defined 1st seeds. Someone probably would have complained regardless.

And if we have to look in depth about Pools:

Roller's pool was

Sumer (2nd seed)
Roller (2nd seed)
Marco (3rd seed)
Azure Kenny (1st seed)
Chris (3rd seed)

You did not have 3 second seeds like you said so. Or at least I do not see any evidence that a random and Marco (who has not really entered tournaments and is still learning to play competitively )are 2nd seeds. I probably should not have placed Marco and Sumer in the same pool since they are both EL though.

Gio's pool

Sparta Kick (1st seed)
Jcav (was unsure to place him because of inactivity so 3rd seed)
Gio (is somewhere between 2nd and 3rd seed based on past results)
Bix (3rd seed)
DarkLouis (last minute add in. I put him in because this pool was the last finished out of all 8. As far as seeding..he's a 2nd)

I get what you guys are saying but I am just letting you know my reasoning. However I actually did overlook my pool and Ori's pool. It was not me trying to be biased. And I really did want to top 3 but you already know what the owner said.

Roller

Smash Legend

Woooooah. Hold on a second. If you REALLY want to bring in fzk and Gifts, which I think is out of place. I have never lost to Gifts Diddy, and 2-3 stock it virtually every time I play it.

fzk I only played a few times recently, and I beat him every time I played him in friendlies prior to the tournament. In fact I 2 stocked/jv 2 stocked him every single time (again these were in friendlies prior to the tourney date). I then MM'd fzk at the tourney, 2 stocked him game 1 and went on to win the MM.

I don't see wtffff those players have to do with anything though... Why did you even bring them up? So you could say, haha look at these diddys we beat? I really don't get it.

As for the rest of your post.

If our pools were reversed, Ori. And you had been in with Summer and Kenny. I don't think you would have gotten out either. Similarly, if I was in a pool with L and 2 randoms, I would have gotten out.

And you DID say you deserve to be the same seed as Sumer... You said he was a 2nd seed in our pool. You were 2nd in yours... Explain how that is not the same seed.

I see you already dropped the point about knowing it was top 2 got out, because you were clearly wrong there. And what in the world does you getting "close" to beating these random (aka not involved in this debate) players have to do with anything? You almost got L, I almost got Kenny.. Both our matches had the same results. a loss. You don't help to validate Ankoku's point at all.

I'm just going to stop here though. Other players' names are being dragged through the mud. And nothing is going to change what happened.

Again, I'm not mad at tech, ori, or anybody else involved here. I just believe that there was bias in pools formations (which is inevitable, and to an extent, understandable).

I hope that we're all good as far as friendship is concerned.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Well, sometimes pools may not always be completely fair, or brackets may not be completely fair either. The mentality I've always had though, is if I was good enough it wouldn't have mattered, and it drives me to get better. All I'm saying is you can't change your pools, just focus on why you lost the matches you did and keep the end goal in mind, instead of having it shrouded in pool technicalities. o:

Boxxy

Smash Lord
people need to remember how heavy the time constrants were in the first place

also my pool was STACKED

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Pools were mainly my doing by the way. Some help was provided by Xatic (who always seems to help me at every tournament ..<3 ) and a little by Ori. So if you are going to blame anyone it should be me.

There is no reason for anyone to be like "Well I beat such and such in friendlies consistently" or "I took this person to Game 3 in pools". That is irrelevant to the issue. I could argue "Well I played Sparta Kick in friendlies yesterday and beat him 3 times" It means nothing because it was friendlies and I know he was just warming up. You should understand my point by now.

I hope I did not offend anyone yesterday. If so I apologize. I honestly do not believe the "death pools" were that bad. That term should not be used lightly.

EDIT: Boxxy your pool was fair.

Fzk (2nd seed)
BigDaddy (2nd seed)
You (free as hell but a 1st seed <3)
T-Bonz (3rd seed)
SHero (3rd seed)

Every pool that had 5 people seemed like it was stacked. I tried to distribute the amount of 1sts, 2nds, and 3rds equally. And if I just had one 1st, 1 2nd and 3 3rds in a 5 person pool that would have been more ********. No one had that bad of a pool. The only mistake I will clearly admit I made is my pool and and Ori's. I wanted more time to go through them but I just wanted to get it done. I felt like I was behind.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Whos t-bones and shero? Havent heard of them. Btw Tech,results up yet?

And Roller STFU FOR ONCE, nobody here wants to read your life fu**ing story, stop typing so damn much. I didnt read shiz because of how much you wrote.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Lmfao, you didnt even make it to bracket dude. You're on Gifts level, even BELOW Ori! Ori pwns you and I obviously do too. Im more then sure I would've guaranteed at least 9th if not 7th. GG lol, dont get too mad over the game. Thanks for playing!
LOL, seriously kid. You whine about not getting a ride to tournies. I put some thought into going out and getting your ***. But I decided not to since I already had a full car with Judge, Tech, and my friend (Ryuts.) So I thought maybe nest tourny I could have went and got you. I wake up to see this post and laugh to myself. You want to go to tournies right? Respect the drivers in this state. Your a joke to this community. I for one have fun at tournaments, I may not place high but I can say I have improved after each tournament. Riz, I dont see you even going to anymore tournaments because they arent at gameyard anymore. Seriously step it up and get your own car because I dont see anyone in this community giving you a ride to a tournament EVER.

Ori I never said I was better than you. Yeah I mm'ed you, but that doesn't make me believe I'm better than you. I felt I could have won the match but I didn't. Yeah roller helped me out a lot with the mu. I wasn't even going to mm you but I wanted to get my first mm out of the way (if you didn't know that was my first mm ever.)

next time if i get out of pools i'll just stop sandbagging to make sure i get a better seed :D

why did my pool have 3 wolf players in it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i'm going to become a beast at the wolf matchup. it's always nice to lose a set from a glitch you had no idea about LOL

Top Bottom