• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Didn't we just say Ohio was fixing their pr by extending the season?

If apex did anything for anyone it would probably be someone who would remember to bring it up at the end of the season, big wins are big wins and apex itself has its own category (unless T.O.s step their game up getting OoContonent out to here) meaning that those wins don't really stale

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I thought most thought Ohio messed up because tey extended it. They ended up not using results from tournaments from earlier in the season.

Even if it's some1 to remember like say anti, after 4 months, that win should lose its relevence, compared to more recent wins because it happened 4 months ago. Liike say loe1 beats anti at apex, then for the rest of the season we go pretty even in who we beat/lose to in MI except i generally outplace him. Who should be pr'd higher?

If you say Loe1 than the anti win from 4 months ago matters significantly more than me consistently proving I'm a better player.

If you say me, then the anti win doesn't mean jack ****.

but reverse that, me and loe1 are having a close season where I'm slightly edging him out, then at apex he beats tyrant. Hell yeah he should be above me, and there is no room for argument because the last tournament of the season is by far the most important, because it most closely shows where people are at in skill level compared to the rest of the season.

JTsm

Smash Master
It's already been 4 months since Lordy's first house tournament. Should we just discredit that tournament altogether then? I was under the impression that 4 month long seasons were enough to make things relevant. What has changed now? Should we make it 3 months with having 4 seasons a year?

We don't discredit it, but we don't consider wins from that early as nearly as relevant as the one that juts happened, that would just be dumb. People get better over the season and the rankings are about giving the most accurate representation of the state's strength at the end of the season. Not the beginning. As a rule the most important tournament in a a season is it's last one, and its least important the first.

JTsm

Smash Master
But you're making it sound like we shouldn't count anything to the beginning of the season at all. If that's the case then seasons should be significantly shorter or at least be clear about how things are judged.

Also, your Avatar is giving me a very unsettling feel. lmao.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why put such heavy delineations between "seasons" anyway, I'm quite sure panelists are intelligent enough to say "this tournament was 4 months ago, we shouldn't count its match results as much as this tournament from a week back", just go back as far as you need and disregard results from long ago if they contradict current trends (like someone being trash half a year ago and winning money now, or vice versa).

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Honestly, if someone can take a name that significant at APEX, then they should have no problem continuing to prove themselves throughout the rest of the season.

Anyways, we should start our discussion now. We have plenty of data to work with.

Roller

Smash Legend
I put my preliminary list up. But I think the lists are kinda pointless right now seeing as who shows up to the remaining tourney(s) and what they do there could have a pretty significant impact...

Kel

Smash Master
I thought most thought Ohio messed up because tey extended it. They ended up not using results from tournaments from earlier in the season.

They were not counted as ranking tournaments because there was no money or prize to win. We also don't count friendlies.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
nah Kel was responding to a post I made. I don't think this will start much since I don't care that much to make anything out of it.

Kel

Smash Master
Ranbats put money into a pot that is split at the end of the season right?
Yes, your FIRST (and only first) $5 would be placed into a pot for the end of the season. This is also offset by the fact that you had to pay a $5 venue fee every time you went to a ranbat. Still, a first place performance would net you -$10 if you went and won a tournament.

JTsm

Smash Master
Before we start to derail the thread, please move convo's like this into the OH PR thread or in PM's. Thanks.

JTsm

Smash Master
The list is pretty much made. I'll update the list when Ori makes the image.

Roller

Smash Legend
So there's over half a month of a gap between season 7's conclusion and season 8's beginning.

Which season will tourneys in between the 22nd of December and 11th of January count for?

Top Bottom