• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

JTsm

Smash Master
Updated OP:

Lordy's House Tourney #4 this weekend. I wished I knew SOONER, but Lordy is lazy.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Also we should really get this cleared up, IS Apex going to be in this season? or will it start the next season? Panelists, we should figure this out.

I know Roller is against having it this season.

For
-
-
-
-

Against
- Roller
- Ori_bro
- Zinoto
-

It takes 4 to decide

W.C.N

Smash Lord
according to that list and what Tech said at ps5 he must have thought roller was going to be above L before PS5

JTsm

Smash Master
He just assumed Roller would do well at PS5.

L_Cancel really stepping it up. : >

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Apex strated season 5
It should start next season
Remember why we shouldnt extend the seasons?
you guys are still thinking of extending seasons

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm kinda against it being on this season I like how things have been done in recent moons.

The only people APEX, right now, will help is myself, Zinoto, Ally, LOE1 and Roller (since those are the only people I know who are going).

Edit: 3 of the 7 panelists are against APEX counting right now.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
You mean going that have a chance, unless I make it to bracket it can't help me at all

:phone:

LOE1

Smash Lord
and because he did attend, i did good

inb4 i do bad at stewori's

JTsm

Smash Master
This gave me an interesting idea for like end of the season tourney events where the PR'd players or "soon to be" Cinderella stories can have title fights/matches. They will be worth more than a tourney match since it'll be like Bo5 or Bo7 and you can prepare for it before hand.

Idk, just tossing up a hype idea. :denzel:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So I just got back from seeing the Hobbit. I'm now super torn between what should be the PR theme haha. I might do both TWEWY and The Hobbit to satisfy my needs.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
So I just got back from seeing the Hobbit. I'm now super torn between what should be the PR theme haha. I might do both TWEWY and The Hobbit to satisfy my needs.

I vote for JTSM to do the new pr image

Roller

Smash Legend
...We still have yet to do bitties. Or Alcoholic beverages.

We can not keep delaying this forever people.

Also. There is literally NO need to break with our season model consistency and count APEX for this season. None. At all.

JTsm

Smash Master
I would just put APEX next season. It would be the grand opener and I don't like the time frame from Sept to Jan. And judging by this season, it wasn't really all that hype except for PS5. PS5 would be the greatest tournament to be near the end and have some filler tourneys to let people catch up.

LOE1

Smash Lord
...We still have yet to do bitties. Or Alcoholic beverages.

We can not keep delaying this forever people.

YEA, LETS DO IT.

imma be on the pr with beer and tech's not. im lovin this already

Grand Openings are dumb as hell, you don't start strong, you end strong.

Also that's a very good reason to break off with what we did last year, it was a bad idea last year, and will be a bad idea again this year.

Consistently doing a bad idea for the sake of consistency is dumb.

JTsm

Smash Master
All that Apex is really going to do is reassure to everyone that Zinoto is #1. Like, no one else that's going to Apex is going to make a huge impact (unless a miracle happens). So to me, that doesn't look like Apex will be that much of a grand ending to the season. Now when you compare that to PS5, you had LOE ****ing 1 beat MJG/SK, Lain beating Tyrant (kind of an upset, but kind of expecting it), and L_Cancel bodying Salem. Like, that's a finisher if anything. Yeah we'll have a couple house tournaments afterwards, but it's really not worth dragging the season to the next year.

You cant just assume that every 1 is going to do bad, if you're going to go down that route, why even have tournaments to establish the PR, we all know who is good and who isn't.

And I'd like to remind people that waiting for apex adds 2 weeks to the season.

Like if something big does happen at apex, and its the starter of the season, by the time we go to do rankings it will lose its significance, defeating the point of it being a national.

JTsm

Smash Master
Who's actually going to Apex besides Zinoto, Ori, DRDN, Roller? I know Tech had to drop out.

I'm only saying Zinoto will usually outperform because he does well consistently. No one else that's going isn't that consistent to this season to perform out of their skill level. Roller definitely has a shot as well. Fu.ck, everybody has a shot, but you're making the entirety of the season less significant.

Chances are, if you do well in Apex, how will that diminish the significance of their performance? Jan - April is not an unreasonable time frame. If it was, then extending this season to Apex would be unreasonable since you have Sept 1st - Jan 13th is 135 days. Next season is like, Jan to Apr. So if Apex was the starter, the 11th to like, April 30th will be 103 days. Which makes the next season more significant by 32 days.

tldr: You're making the season moot by extending it. There's really no reason to make it longer than it has to be. It also makes next season much more competitive/significant.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Could always just count Apex for both seasons seeing as how it's an International class tournament right on the border of your two seasons. If it might have an impact on this season's rankings, then you've got that covered, and if not, it's still there for the next season's judgments.

JTsm

Smash Master
Could always just count Apex for both seasons seeing as how it's an International class tournament right on the border of your two seasons. If it might have an impact on this season's rankings, then you've got that covered, and if not, it's still there for the next season's judgments.
It may make a difference to Roller this season, but that's about it IMO. But who knows, Ori may make some good upsets as well. I'm ok with that kind of compromise.

Top Bottom