• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Kokuon

Smash Rookie
Japan always get games first. Quit Whining. Also, Shadow, can you pm me the blog link or whatever? This is Mr. Ed. =P

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OOOOH YEAH! I forgot she said that, heh it confirms her lying even more to me.
I'm pretty sure Nya wasn't a girl, unless "She" was a lesbian(or something...)...She kept talking about Peach's panties

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
until sakurai confirms that tom nook will be in, and will be a samus clone, I don't buy nya's bullcrap one bit.
I don't think I ever heard that part of Nya's "prophecy", but my god, did people ACTUALLY buy that?

Hahaha, Ed, you crazy jerk. How are you? This is Nick-deezle :)

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
I was just wondering, what if Nintendo DID negotiate with Capcom, but it was for Leon Kennedy not Mega Man? I personally think this would be horribly tragic, since I am a HUGE MM supporter (I want him in the second most next to Ness), but it just sorta worries me a bit since I know there has been buzz circling about Leon.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering, what if Nintendo DID negotiate with Capcom, but it was for Leon Kennedy not Mega Man? I personally think this would be horribly tragic, since I am a HUGE MM supporter (I want him in the second most next to Ness), but it just sorta worries me a bit since I know there has been buzz circling about Leon.
Doubtful. Just like Snake is the face of Konami and Sonic is the face of SEGA, Megaman is the face of Capcom. It would be abhorrent stupidity on the parts of both Nintendo and Capcom to approve Leon Kennedy over Megaman because of this.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
until sakurai confirms that tom nook will be in, and will be a samus clone, I don't buy nya's bullcrap one bit.
...Say what?!

Alright...I think that about wraps it up for Nya. How can Tom Nook be in, but we already know he's stuck in the background of the "Smashville" stage?

As much as I would love for Nook to be playable...he's been "de-confirmed"...months ago, thanks to the Smashville stage.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
It's good to see the support for the Blue Bomber hasn't waved, and that Starpheonix has come to his senses. Welcome Back, friend. :)

Besides, if some of these guys are true, then they would get in serious trouble with Nintendo for leaking the information. I'm only buying Serebii and Rapscouter for the time being because they (or Serebii at least) seem to be really careful in their "leaks".

Also, a new Japanese trailer seems to show off Wind Waker Link as a mere trophy, and while it's not an official deconfirmation, I don't believe Nintendo would just show off a character like that without an update or some kind of event.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Many of you may have already stated this I'm sure, but I vote Bluebomber to Mod for Megaman boards if he's in. He really has contributed a great deal to this thread and many other Brawl threads. He would make a great Moderator! really.... Let's just home he's in.
Well that's unanimous. Apart from possibly error_alt_delete as a runner-up I can't think of any other candidate even close to worthy of that title.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking, lads. There's lots of proof for and against Megaman: the interview with Inafune, the interview with Horinouchi, this delay, even IMDb if you want to count that. However, the interviews are all official, and IMDb is rather dependable most of the time. However, talking about leaks and prophets like they're the ultimate word seems rather silly to me. Since the dawn of video games we've had people who make stuff up about upcoming releases.

Look at it this way: Megaman is one of the most likely choices for a Nintendo crossover fighting game, and one of gaming's longest, most popular franchises. There have been 14 Megaman Classic adventures on Nintendo systems, and for many kids growing up in the early 90's, he WAS what Nintendo meant.

Sure there's a chance he might not be in, but I'd say that there's a better chance he will be.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Okay, I feel like I've missed something...

The last I heard any mention of Rapscouter was Starphoenix saying he'd been debunked. Did I miss something and has he been "rebunked," as it were? I thought he was officially found to be lying or something. It's certainly good news if that's not the case...

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I'd suggest Rush Coil for his up B, but it would be too much like Sonic's springboard. I like the idea of one of the Items. It would free up the legal nonsense of including another character, to boot. There's also the Wire Adaptor and Balloon Adaptor from MM4.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Amen. For a ONLINE game this big, is it fair that Japanese players get to play for a whole month before Americans? Nope, because that gives the Japanese players some advantage.

And yeah, following the trend, we SHOULD get another character this week. I said "should". Unless Sakurai decides to annoy us all and break the trend. Eh.

ROCKIN' WEDNESDAY! EY?
ROCKIN' WEDNESDAY! ?? I like that....I think you may be on to something....

Many of you may have already stated this I'm sure, but I vote Bluebomber to Mod for Megaman boards if he's in. He really has contributed a great deal to this thread and many other Brawl threads. He would make a great Moderator! really.... Let's just home he's in.
thanx lil england. id be honored

I'd suggest Rush Coil for his up B, but it would be too much like Sonic's springboard. I like the idea of one of the Items. It would free up the legal nonsense of including another character, to boot. There's also the Wire Adaptor and Balloon Adaptor from MM4.
id take rush coil, rush jet, or shoryuken for his Up+B

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
We got Sheik. However...

http://nintendrone.blog.com/2368798/

That list shouldn't be taken as 100% true, however, the fact that the character release order is effing MATCHING what's been posted on this list, I'd say that it probably spells something good for our boy Rock. I don't think this is just some nutty coincidence either.

Almaron

Smash Rookie
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

There's a large chance we're grasping at clouds here but...
The prima list strikes again I do believe

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
We got Sheik. However...

That list shouldn't be taken as 100% true, however, the fact that the character release order is effing MATCHING what's been posted on this list, I'd say that it probably spells something good for our boy Rock. I don't think this is just some nutty coincidence either.
EXACTLY, im so happy starpheonix pointed that leak out. I think it was a real leak that got caught. so they retracted it. well looks like mm will be revealed last ...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While I'd love if that list was the real list, I'm really doubting it...

I actually assumed Olimar was going to be the next update for Newcomer and assumed Sheik for Veteran for a LONG time now...

Let's wait for the next character...

Megaman for Brawl...y'all!

Tony_

Smash Ace
lol Bluebomber beat me to it.

I agree with that leaked roster and, not to steal a theory, but I gave it a name. I call it the Prima theory. As long as that theory keeps going WITH the Dojo, the theory will hold. However, if its broken ANYWHERE in the roster, it automatically vanishes.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
Let's see what happens, shall we? ;)

Unless Megaman appears on the DOJO!! anytime soon, let's wait for at least two more character updates to crop up. If they follow the release order, then Megaman is definitely in and it's all a matter of waiting it out. It's gonna be a really long wait, though.

Fortunately, with the addition of the character moves in the captions, character updates likely won't be spent on special moves anymore, unless a veteran gets a new (or updated) move or they're for a newcomer.

Additionally, we've reached the start of the formerly hidden characters now, so updates may be a little crazy from here on in.

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
I like the look of that roster, Nicolas Ainsworth. Anything with Mega Man in sounds good to me. :laugh:

Anyways, what do you guys think about Mega Man ZX for Brawl? Being the latest edition of Mega Man and a combination of Model X and Model Z, I say he has a pretty good chance. Having a combination of many projectiles would be good for special moves while the sword would be prefect for A-button moves.

I think there are a whole of possibilities for Mega Man in Brawl and that Sakurai would be stupid not to choose one of them, especially if Inafune was WILLING to have Mega Man in Brawl! Me, I think Inafune was trying to cover up Mega Man's appearance in Brawl.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
lol Bluebomber beat me to it.

I agree with that leaked roster and, not to steal a theory, but I gave it a name. I call it the Prima theory. As long as that theory keeps going WITH the Dojo, the theory will hold. However, if its broken ANYWHERE in the roster, it automatically vanishes.
Nice....the Prima theory....

Prima Theory FTW!!! and Mega Man FTW!!!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
While I'd love if that list was the real list, I'm really doubting it...

I actually assumed Olimar was going to be the next update for Newcomer and assumed Sheik for Veteran for a LONG time now...

Let's wait for the next character...

Megaman for Brawl...y'all!
still c.falcon could have easily been updated as the veteran. dont fight it psycho! it confirms mega man AND geno AND ridley....if Krystal or Jiggly is next im callin this official

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna go with Psycho here. I'm not trusting any list that's not an official Nintendo source, like a Dojo update, a press release, a strategy guide or, in the best case scenario, my own finished copy.

However, I do find this Prima list intriguing. I'm sorry if it's been mentioned, but when exactly was this list posted, and where?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
YES! Prima List FTW! You all have no idea how hyped up I am right now... This is a huge turnaround for our community and bluebomber deserves a handshake for keeping everyone's morale up since I've been busy... Once again I'll make this comment:

Mega Man is Brawl!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nice....the Prima theory....

Prima Theory FTW!!! and Mega Man FTW!!!
Hmmm...

Maybe RoxasXIII was silenced (By Sakurai's Elite Ninja Squad) after he got the list because he said it was fake...

It COULD be real...Jiggs actually might be the next veteran reveiled (Always the first unlocked)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I'm gonna go with Psycho here. I'm not trusting any list that's not an official Nintendo source, like a Dojo update, a press release, a strategy guide or, in the best case scenario, my own finished copy.

However, I do find this Prima list intriguing. I'm sorry if it's been mentioned, but when exactly was this list posted, and where?

here, i think it was posted Dec 3rd

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Thanks Bluebomber.

Alright, so this list, supposedly coming from a Prima source, has predicted two characters accurately, based on the order the Dojo announces them. Well, looks good to me. However, I'm not about to let my hopes rest on a pretty presentation of personages just yet. Still, it's pretty cool that this could be the real deal. After all, this list is only missing one guy I was pulling for (the only other one was Megaman). And who says the Dojo needs to have an update on ALL the playable characters?

Still, forty-two playable guys concluding with Megaman seems pretty awesome in my book.

Top Bottom