• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
Agreed.

Luke, only classic Megaman should use Rush. X has plenty of moves to use on his own. It wouldn't make sense to blend classic's moves and weapons with X just because they're from the same universe. We're trying to stay true to the character and I think Sakurai feels the same way.
That makes sense to some degree, but in my mind, I can't see why X and rush can't interact... Here some people are talking about how cool it would be to fuse rush with bowser for crying out loud...

Does Megaman ever get to use Zero's saber in the X series? That would make a great smash attack or combo move. Also, I think Neon Tiger's ability would make for a good "melee" move.

Also, the tounge taunt would be hilarious, but don't you play as classic in MvC? If you played as classic in brawl it would totally work, but if you played as X, maybe not so much... And I'm (personally) rooting for X. The sound he makes with that taunt "Neener Neener Nahhhh" is freakin funny.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
That makes sense to some degree, but in my mind, I can't see why X and rush can't interact... Here some people are talking about how cool it would be to fuse rush with bowser for crying out loud...

Does Megaman ever get to use Zero's saber in the X series? That would make a great smash attack or combo move. Also, I think Neon Tiger's ability would make for a good "melee" move.
X does use zero's saber in his games, ya I think zero's saber would work for X's smash attacks, but if we get zero as a Zelda/shiek type team up, then zero would use his saber while X used his fists.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
The X saga occurs something like 100+ years after the classic series. All of the classic characters are dead by that point, though how each meets his end is unexplained. The only character still alive from that era IIRC is Zero, who was Doctor Wiley's final major project.

Anyway, I personally definitely want the classic Mega Man above all others. Since hes the original, the one who started the series, I feel its most appropriate for him to be the one to represent the series in a game like Brawl. I personally hope for a move set along these lines:

B: Mega Buster - Self-explanatory.
^B: Rush Jet - Rush quickly 'ports in in jet form beneath Mega's feet, carrying him upward and forward and damaging foes he rams. (Since Sonic has his spring for an up B, I feel this is more appropriate than the Rush Coil.)
>B: Power Steal - Mega Man grabs a foe and syphons their power to obtain a move for this slot. Moves would be taken from the classic Robot Masters and based on the enemy grabbed (example: Sonic would yield the Metal Blade, Mario the Fire Storm, Samus the Crash Bombs, Pit the Air Shooter, etc).
VB: Having trouble with this one. Perhaps his classic slide maneuver, with a kick extended for damage? Sounds more like a dash attack though. Maybe something with Rush, or just one of the Robot Master powers that doesn't get used as a stolen one (Skull/Leaf shield? down moves are often defensive, after all).

Final Smash: Having recently played Mega Man 7, I've decided I fully support the Super/Rush Adapter for this. Jet boosters give him gliding and change his up ^B to a flight move, his Mega Buster's charge becomes that ranged fist shot, all moves are powered up, etc.

Zevox
Your moveset is somewhat similar to mine, two specials and FS anyway. The slide should be his running attack, similar to Mario's but with more range.

Special moves

B: Buster - Chargeable, with massive damage but no knockback.
^B: Rush Jet - Megaman rides Rush Jet for 2-3 secs in any direction.
>B: Mega Ball - Megaman kicks the Mega Ball into incoming opponents. The Mega Ball becomes an item for any character if stationary.
v B: Tornado Hold - Megaman fires a powerful tornado that traps an opponent for 2 secs.

Final Smash
Rush Adaptor - Megaman dons his Rush adaptor suit and power is doubled. Duration is a full minute or until K.O.ed.
Cless you're not alone, I'm all for the Mega Ball's inclusion in MM moveset.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

Also, the tounge taunt would be hilarious, but don't you play as classic in MvC? If you played as classic in brawl it would totally work, but if you played as X, maybe not so much... And I'm (personally) rooting for X. The sound he makes with that taunt "Neener Neener Nahhhh" is freakin funny.
I don't agree with Rush fusing with other characters, either. Rush just seems so much better as a part of Megaman's moves than an AT.

And as for taunts, I'm still going with Megaman standing helmetless with his hair blowing in the wind. That should be at least one of his taunts.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
I don't agree with Rush fusing with other characters, either. Rush just seems so much better as a part of Megaman's moves than an AT.

And as for taunts, I'm still going with Megaman standing helmetless with his hair blowing in the wind. That should be at least one of his taunts.
Once again that's something that would work great with classic but maybe not with X.

So what's the majority in favor of here, classic or X?

I guess for me it depends on the depiction of classic. I wouldn't mind a depiction similar to this:

But I wouldn't want to play as Mega Man: Powered Up.

Wouldn't playing as this be so much better?:

I mean, look at him... bad a.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
But I don't like badass Mega Man. I like goofball Mega Man. Zero can have all the badassedry in the Mega Man universe.
That would be fine if you could play as zero... Chances are we're going to get one or the other and not both. Zero might make an appearance as an assist trophy though. (Or vice-versa if we get zero as a playable character and not megaman for some twisted reason).

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd take X over Megaman 7. He looks a little pudgy to me in 7. I prefer the older look myself.

How about this one?

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
How about Mega Man 8 version, or MvC version? Those look fine.
Yeah those are ok. Honestly, if they put Megaman in Brawl, it will most likely be a "classic" variant and not X. Perhaps an alternate costume??

Another alternate costume could be the 8-bit version for laffs.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Once again that's something that would work great with classic but maybe not with X.

So what's the majority in favor of here, classic or X?
The majority of us here support Classic, but it's fine if you support X, many us here support him secondarily to Classic Megaman. We feel classic Megaman emcompasses the spirit of the other Megaman versions, especially because they originate from him, and while X is awesome and bad***, he isn't as iconic as classic Megaman. Many of us aren't against X getting in over classic Megaman, it just wouldn't make sense.

Don't get me wrong, though. You are still free to support X. Error also supports X.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Awesome, that actually is the megaman and bass game look, from the art, I had a pic somewhere and it had that same detail...

and the art is officially from MM&B...

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
So assuming that megaman classic makes the cut, what abilities should be used as attacks? (i.e quickman's boomerang, metal man's saw blade, leaf man's shield, etc. etc.)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
i feel ya on that ninjuku... I need more epic win for the holiday season, but no one is supplying it... *sigh*
Mega Man 4 Brawl/Scramble Battle Must be Made

EDIT - Mega Man 2 in manga form = win. Dr. Wilys manga counterpart = epic sweet friggin win... don't believe me?

I rest my case.

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
i'm all in for megaman, classic megaman... X would be cool too, though classic megaman is more -Nintendo-, and fits much more in the series than any other. when i think of Nintendo (NES) i think of 3 games right off the bat, Mario Bros, Metroid and MegaMan. He's Capcom's mascot, and would represent them perfectly in Brawl, and it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a unique moveset for him. megabuster gone wild, dashes, rushcoil jumps, etc. since i was a little kid i would draw pictures of samus fighting megaman in some random scenario. i would love to see this actually happen in a game :') i'de feel so nostalgic...
i really hope they add him to the roster.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
nonesense. Manga shadowman>all

(fun fact: I actually have this image as my screensaver, and I made it animated, so it looks like shadowman is just teleporting all over the place. Cool, eh?)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
nonesense. Manga shadowman>all

(fun fact: I actually have this image as my screensaver, and I made it animated, so it looks like shadowman is just teleporting all over the place. Cool, eh?)
*Insert Megaman 3 Weapon Get Music here*
You got one internet!

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
maybe a mega man update out of the blue tonight guys?
Yeah, I'm just crazy and desperate enough to hope for it. Would you believe I'm actually trying to save snacks for that occasion. @_@

Edit: King Dedede was updated on a Thursday, so expecting a newcomer today on Thursday won't be so farfetched.

Top Bottom