• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm just crazy and desperate enough to hope for it. Would you believe I'm actually trying to save snacks for that occasion. @_@

Edit: King Dedede was updated on a Thursday, so expecting a newcomer today on Thursday won't be so farfetched.
saving snacks isnt such a bad idea cuz you know this thread will be flooded with posts when he is confirmed. its prolly gonna take like a week for the thread to die down

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I see somebody's on dial-up.

No Mega Man tonight. Zamus and Metaknight Kirby look horrible, IMO, though not as bad as Falco kirby.

On a more random note: there's a Ness smiley! :ness:
nah the smashboards server is really slow sometimes and it causes me to double post.

i think metaknight kirby looks terrible too, but i think it was done purposely. hopefully his mm hat will like the one in my sig

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I see somebody's on dial-up.

No Mega Man tonight. Zamus and Metaknight Kirby look horrible, IMO, though not as bad as Falco kirby.

On a more random note: there's a Ness smiley! :ness:
I know bro.

My patient wears thin, I WANT MEGAMAN CONFIRMED NOW!!

*throws R.M.B. expensive equipment around the base*

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
mega man is the only third party character to have the less chance of getting in brawl but i love him a lot but it might not happen!

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
mega man is the only third party character to have the less chance of getting in brawl but i love him a lot but it might not happen!
That doesn't even make sense.
Lol that didn't make any sense at all...

I popped in my Megaman anniversary collection disc last night and got to Dr. Wily on MM2. Then when I was at the freaking dragon I realized I only had ZERO lives, so as I'm jumping along on the blocks and the screen starts scrolling, the dragon comes out of nowhere and ***** me.

You guys know what would be a cool item? The mobile armor suit from the X series.

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Since I haven't seen one made, I've made this one. The Official Megaman in Brawl topic.

Do you support Megaman? Are you against it?

What version of Megaman would you like? Original? X? .EXE? Maybe even the new XZ?

If megaman is in, would you want to see a partner? Protoman? Bass? Zero? Axel?

What if Zero DOES get in. Which would you prefer? Original or the MMZ style?

What about attacks and the super move? What ideas do you have?

Come! Help support the power that is Megaman!
In light of the first question, I'm all for the Blue Bomber!

Personally, I'd be cool with any of them. However, I think the question is more like...which one is most likely to show up? I think the three most likely are Old School, .EXE, and X in that order. This is because:

1. Old school is Old school. Megaman vets will go nuts!
2. .EXE has a large fan base with the kids, right? Think about it: games, animes, etc. Kids wouldn't be as familiar with X as they would with .EXE, and maybe even less with Old School.
3. X just kicks ***!

Unfortunately, I don't think Sakurai will be too hung up on third party characters, and unfortunately, I don't think you'll see a partner. If he was in, however, MAYBE you'd see an assist trophy or two.

If there were Zero, I'd say: X version! Although that's less likely (See my point #2 for .EXE).

As for the moveset, I haven't put too much thought into it.

Not to be a buzzkill, but if he doesn't make it, don't be too disappointed. Blue Bomber's been used before in Marvel vs. Capcom and Onimusha: Blade Warriors, so it's been done.

Just because EXE is popular with a few stupid little kids who most probably only have a GBA.

Classic is the most popular and well know Mega man as well as the best one to represent the series.

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Hahaha, aw, poor little kids. I made that comment about .EXE with this in mind: that's probably why they chose the Sonic 3 victory music over the Sonic 1 and 2 victory fanfare, right? Which one are people more familiar with, particularly little kids who've played the later Sonic titles?

Stryks

Smash Hero
In light of the first question, I'm all for the Blue Bomber!

Personally, I'd be cool with any of them. However, I think the question is more like...which one is most likely to show up? I think the three most likely are Old School, .EXE, and X in that order. This is because:

1. Old school is Old school. Megaman vets will go nuts!
2. .EXE has a large fan base with the kids, right? Think about it: games, animes, etc. Kids wouldn't be as familiar with X as they would with .EXE, and maybe even less with Old School.
3. X just kicks ***!

Unfortunately, I don't think Sakurai will be too hung up on third party characters, and unfortunately, I don't think you'll see a partner. If he was in, however, MAYBE you'd see an assist trophy or two.

If there were Zero, I'd say: X version! Although that's less likely (See my point #2 for .EXE).

As for the moveset, I haven't put too much thought into it.

Not to be a buzzkill, but if he doesn't make it, don't be too disappointed. Blue Bomber's been used before in Marvel vs. Capcom and Onimusha: Blade Warriors, so it's been done.
Smash aint just for kids, and besides EXE series is OFFICIALLY dead, yeah lets add a character from a dead series...

classic ftw...

and yeah Zamus kirby looks ********, so does MK kirby, u would expect kirby getting zamus's and pit's hair in the process...

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
Hahaha, aw, poor little kids. I made that comment about .EXE with this in mind: that's probably why they chose the Sonic 3 victory music over the Sonic 1 and 2 victory fanfare, right? Which one are people more familiar with, particularly little kids who've played the later Sonic titles?
I'm pretty sure the first 3 sonics came out within a year of each other... The same people who played Sonic 3 played 1 and vice-versa back in the day.

It's not like Megaman Classic Vs. Mega Man Battle Network. Kids who play Battle Network may have never been exposed to the classic series. What a shame.

For the record, I hope .exe does NOT make it into brawl. I, like many others, lean more towards classic or X.

miller483

Smash Ace
You know, we really need to start keeping track of the stuff everyone agrees on. For example, here's the music we can most likely hear if Megaman's in:

Megaman 2 theme
Megaman 2 Wily Stage 1
Megaman X Intro Stage

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
You know, we really need to start keeping track of the stuff everyone agrees on. For example, here's the music we can most likely hear if Megaman's in:

Megaman 2 theme
Megaman 2 Wily Stage 1
Megaman X Intro Stage
What about storm eagle? It's a classic!

Cless

Smash Champion
If they had the original Mega Man, don't you thing that they'd have the music from the first 8 Mega Man games, and not the X series?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I don't think that there are any restrictions to the inclusion of music. We have the Twilight Princess Link and we still get the Castle Music from A Link to the Past.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's true, but the Hyrule Castle music has been used in many Zeldas. A better example would be the Ocarina of Time Medley.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah, no doubt they will have mm music from multiple series. If i could choose 4 songs (for stage music) i would pick:

MM2 Opening [MM2]
Dr Wily Stage 1 [MM2]
Storm Eagle [X1]
Theme of Sigma [X7]

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
oh yea i remember sigmas x7 theme. its called "our blood boils" it is perty sweet. so what do we discuss now.

Mallhew

Smash Cadet
Do you guys ever take a moment to wonder whether Megaman will actually be in Brawl anymore?

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Rock: Dr.Cossack 2 MM4
Rock: Title Theme Melody 1-8 (Starts with 3, goes to 7, goes to 5, goes to 1, goes to 8, goes to 4, goes to 6, ends at 2 then repeats)
Rock: Cutman MM1
Techno: Snakeman MM3
Techno: Airman MM2
Techno: Boss select meledy 1-8 (Starts with 1, goes to 2, goes to 8, goes to 3, goes to 5, goes to 4, goes to 7, ends with 6 then repeats)
Classical: MMPU Intro Stage/Ending MM1
Classical: Boss Battle Meledy 1-8 (Starts with 2, goes to 7, goes to 3, goes to 8, goes to 4, goes to 1, goes to 5, ends with 6 then repeats)
Classical: MM2 Dr.Wily 1

Stryks

Smash Hero
Do you guys ever take a moment to wonder whether Megaman will actually be in Brawl anymore?
Well being this a megaman support club-thread, im guessing our constant tought is that he has a chance/will be in >.>

anyway as long as we have bubblemans stage and dr wily 2s (mm2) music, im happy :p
oh and MM2's entrance music, epic...

binki4

Smash Apprentice
you guys miss me because i have a problem with my password for now but it works, and i got the bad NEW about the megaman in brawl at megaman 20th anniversary is ruin because it did not confirmed him in brawl dec 17 and it did not but i hope for tommorow to see the friday update about megaman in brawl with the banner of WARING CHALLENGER APPROCHING : MEGAMAN i hope it better be megaman for now this tommorow.

Mega man Manga (MMM). Cool.

Anyways er... yhea EXE = Failure.

@ Previous posters: WTF are you talking about? Do you not speak English or something?

And if your trying to say that him not being confirmed deconfirms him then thats a stupid reason.

Stryks

Smash Hero
you guys miss me because i have a problem with my password for now but it works, and i got the bad NEW about the megaman in brawl at megaman 20th anniversary is ruin because it did not confirmed him in brawl dec 17 and it did not but i hope for tommorow to see the friday update about megaman in brawl with the banner of WARING CHALLENGER APPROCHING : MEGAMAN i hope it better be megaman for now this tommorow.
Oh... yay... hes back... >.>

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
anyways bluebomber here are my 4 choices.
-like you said "our blood boils" from mmx7
-"x vs zero" mmx5
-"highway stage" mmx
-"zero's theme" mmx3(snes version!!) much much better than ps version

so i like the x series a little more. besides, we all know what the song would be for classic mega man.

Top Bottom