• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Hey people to quote my post in Stryk's comic thread "And only people who have full sheets will be in the comic for ones with only 1 or two sprites like Error alt delete and Blue bomber, they will be replaced by in game sprites."

Which basically means, if you haven't got a full sprite sheet for the character then you will be replaced by an in game sprite (e.g. BB is now storm eagle).

And dang! I get the 1K post for a character that I really dont like and miss the 10K post for one of my favorites.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
ZX wasn't true to the originals....

It was more Metroid or Castlevania than Megaman, if you ask me.
QFT. it wasnt bad, but it wasnt close enough for my liking

What makes a cool Mega Man game? Oh, that's easy:

1. DON'T make it 3-D. Mega Man is a sidescroller.
I disagree. I think a Legends style game, with the classic mega man characters would be pure win

I STRONGLY disagree...brace yourself for a rant...

Any popular platformer can work well in 3-D...ANY. Now I know what you may be thinking, Sonic failed hardcore. Well here's the truth. Sonic DOESN'T fail in 3-D. SEGA fails at developing Sonic in 3-D. The gameplay bugs are not as issue of Sonic being incompatible with 3 dimensions, it's a matter of Sega developers being too homosexually lazy to make sure important holes in their gameplay engine are in tact. And that's what they've consistently failed to do. Sonic in 3-D also doesn't lose ANY speed. In fact, I don't know any classic Sonic game that runs faster than any of the 3-D ones (maybe except Sonic and the Secret Rings...wouldn't know since I haven't played it). The problem with Sonic was merely in-game crap that no one was interested in (hunting, shooting, fishing, lame-as-balls voice acting, terrible ranking systems, etc.) and laziness of the development team and had jack **** to do about Sonic being in 3 dimensions.

Metroid Prime is a way that a 2-D game with a similar style to Mega Man could easily be converted to 3-D. The difference between 3-D platforming/adventure is that the controls have to be smoother than Smooth Criminal. And the graphics and physics engine has to flow flawlessly. Metroid Prime succeeded pretty well (though personally I would've wish the Metroid Prime games to be 3rd person shooting (Tomb Raider style-ish) rather than 1st person., but the 1st person aspect allows you to immerse yourself into the game much better.

A 3-D Mega Man platform adventure could be made in the Metroid Prime manner, or even better, a 3rd person 3-D shooter. That way, all the platform jumping, ladder climbing, and sliding can still be in tact...except in a 3-D setting. And if your worried about the free roaming 360 degree exploration factor, it could just be constrained to levels with only one real path to the end like Crash Bandicoot style.

Forgive me for going on so much, but I fail to believe the 3 dimensions should be the bane of the existence of classic greats. Metroid, Zelda, Mario, and even Rayman were really successful. And so Mega Man easily can be too.

Mega Man 4 Brawl
Del is back and QFT

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
What?
:p 10,000!!
darnit you beat me too it, oh well.
Good boy. ;)

OMG, it's over 10000 now! This HAS to be a sign! Mega Man 4 tomorrow!
W00T!!!11!!
I actualy hope he is announced on the 17th*knock on wood*, it makes the suspence last longer.

Hey people to quote my post in Stryk's comic thread "And only people who have full sheets will be in the comic for ones with only 1 or two sprites like Error alt delete and Blue bomber, they will be replaced by in game sprites."

Which basically means, if you haven't got a full sprite sheet for the character then you will be replaced by an in game sprite (e.g. BB is now storm eagle).

And dang! I get the 1K post for a character that I really dont like and miss the 10K post for one of my favorites.
sure, but if you want a full character sheet, you should ask tikaro, he/she made it for me. if not then do whatever feels comfortable.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
thats fine. the only thing i changed from his was his helmet, and a recolor. i dont have a lot of free time to make a full sheet, so do what you got to do playa :p

Stryks

Smash Hero
So... supporting the classic blue bomber and the other great blue bombers is giving a bad name for blue bomber fans?

hey look the sky is falling...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
???? I'm sorry if I offended your fanboy sensibilities but htat is no reason to flame me. You and Stryks give a bad name to megman fans.
hey, its fine if you like BN and starforce. its your cup of tea, you drink whatever flavor you like.

but those games ARE NOT MEGA MAN games. They just have his name in the title to sell more copies. Think about it, if they werent named mega man, would even think they had anything to do with him at all?

CatLikeThief

Smash Rookie
Classic megaman would be excellent. But if Zero is in, which isn't likely but still, I guess megaman would have to be in X form. Either way, definately megaman for brawl.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
hey, its fine if you like BN and starforce. its your cup of tea, you drink whatever flavor you like.

but those games ARE NOT MEGA MAN games. They just have his name in the title to sell more copies. Think about it, if they werent named mega man, would even think they had anything to do with him at all?
That isn't up to you. They are mega man games. They are different and almost unrecognizeable but that doesn't mean they aren't.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
That isn't up to you. They are mega man games. They are different and almost unrecognizeable but that doesn't mean they aren't.
But it's not the Mega Man we know and love. It was kind of like Mario Sunshine. When I buy a Mario game, I don't want gimmicks, I want jumping on turtles, power ups, and all that old timey Mario Goodness. BN could have easilly been another robot or character all together. It didn't play like a Mega Man game, thats why some fans, like myself, don't like them.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
They are different and almost unrecognizeable but that doesn't mean they aren't.

yes because being different from and almost unrecognizable from the original mega man games makes it a mega man game [/sarcasm]

c'mon man. you know it. i know it. its not mega man

Now your making mega man have a nervous break down!

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
besides, this IS the official megaman thread. not the official barge in and keep complaining my name is e-z money thread now is it. everyone has their own opinion and you deserve yours as well, however this is also the topic of megaman being in brawl and thus we all talk about the most likely form to be in the game which is classic or x and not BN. do not post for them to be in because it wont happen so you might as well give up on it now and quit arguing just because you are opinionated ok E_Z. if you know what you say will stir up an argument than dont say it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
But it's not the Mega Man we know and love. It was kind of like Mario Sunshine. When I buy a Mario game, I don't want gimmicks, I want jumping on turtles, power ups, and all that old timey Mario Goodness. BN could have easilly been another robot or character all together. It didn't play like a Mega Man game, thats why some fans, like myself, don't like them.
QFT.

That's exactly how I felt about Super Mario Sunshine. I didn't want to save the environment (In Nomine Vermiis, *****es! If anybody can catch the reference, I will give them ten bucks!); I wanted just good ol' Mario or something at least similar to SM64. Same with Megaman; if I wanted haphazardly implemented RPG mechanics, I'll play some hack-and-slash RPG that ISN'T Diablo.

Smooth Criminal

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
QFT.

That's exactly how I felt about Super Mario Sunshine. I didn't want to save the environment (In Nomine Vermiis, *****es! If anybody can catch the reference, I will give them ten bucks!); I wanted just good ol' Mario or something at least similar to SM64. Same with Megaman; if I wanted haphazardly implemented RPG mechanics, I'll play some hack-and-slash RPG that ISN'T Diablo.

Smooth Criminal
I'd rather play diablo cause we all know its good.
BTW, i dont blame SM sunshine for trying new things and we all know nintendo tries to change some of the basics of the game everytime they make a sequel. For example, Galaxy had the gravity aspect, zelda TP had the wolf form etc. Games that didn't do that, like FE and MP, gets worse score every time, especially FE.

So, sometime the game gets better, sometime it gets worse. It's all about risking.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I'd rather play diablo cause we all know its good.
BTW, i dont blame SM sunshine for trying new things and we all know nintendo tries to change some of the basics of the game everytime they make a sequel. For example, Galaxy had the gravity aspect, zelda TP had the wolf form etc. Games that didn't do that, like FE and MP, gets worse score every time, especially FE.

So, sometime the game gets better, sometime it gets worse. It's all about risking.
i agree with you in the sense that they cant keep making the same game over and over again. you need a little something extra to make it unique. But BN is way farther off the classic mega man formula than SM sunshine is from the normal mario formula

Stryks

Smash Hero
agree with bluebomber and a bit with airmicro, but MP got lower score cause it was similair to past prime games (2 and 3) but seriously it was just for like what .3 score? not a big deal...

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Right...
That makes complete and total sense...
Its completely different, but its the same...
Right...
You keep telling yourself that...
In the meantime we'll be discussing great games like Megaman 1-8, X 1-8, Zero 1-4, ZX, ZXA, and Legends 1, 2, and ... 3... 3...

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
at a different aspect now, who here played Mega Man X (you know, with Sting Chameleon)...who did not love that game. I believe that all of us Mega Man fans can say yes!! My favorite boss was Sting Chameleon cuz he was so hard for me to beat w/o any powers but just recently i played that game and it was kinda easy...I love both of his powers: the 3 green thorn things and the colorful invincibility move!! Any comments/opinions?

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
i liked x a lot. the first one always sticks out in my mind when i remember the x series. my favorite boss was armored armadillo because he went all over the screen. yea but i love that game, it had sweet music too.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Rumor that all characters or at least the starting roster will be revealed in a known Japanese magazine called CoroCoro. Stuff have proved reliable from them. But we don't know for sure. I don't care about spoilers, I'll be gad to know the full roster. But Samurai Panda says it might be only already known characters and then a few "unconfirmees on the Dojoee" characters.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
true that bluebomber. i just dont want to wait any longer.....i just need to know that hes in so i can finally sleep. i mean i know that hes in but i just need to know for absolute sure.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
classic=helmet like everyone said. X= the X from his title screens.(as mentioned before)
unless they decide to use the helmet for X, but that is a little out there, and the symbol wont make that big of a impact to me.
ninjuku- I now know how you feel when typeing on the Wii.
:urg:

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
besides, this IS the official megaman thread. not the official barge in and keep complaining my name is e-z money thread now is it. everyone has their own opinion and you deserve yours as well, however this is also the topic of megaman being in brawl and thus we all talk about the most likely form to be in the game which is classic or x and not BN. do not post for them to be in because it wont happen so you might as well give up on it now and quit arguing just because you are opinionated ok E_Z. if you know what you say will stir up an argument than dont say it.

Me opinionated? I haven't flamed. I haven't bashed anyones game seriously. I haven't told people to leave the thread because they don't like the right megaman. Also don't tell me who is more likely. You are not Sakurai. He may want to choose the more current one. You know the one with an anime and new games. Or he may choose the classic. I don't really care which. I just would prefer to have BN Megaman. Plus until now I haven't even argued the likeliness of one getting in over the other. All I said was I liked BN and some of you acted like I had come to **** your mother. I get that they are different. I get that you like one more than the other. Just don't be a jerk about it.[/rant]

veN0m

Smash Cadet
well if u really think about it smash dojo hasnt had a character update in a whole month so i think its safe to say that the full character roster will be released. dont get ur hopes up tho, we could b expecting somthin ****ty like:

ALL STAR MODE!!!
ZOMG ET EZ AL STER MODEZ! ET HEZ RECHURNED WIF EN UHVENGUNCE!!!! WEEEE!!!! ME GONNA SCMASH LOTSO PEEPOZ!

dam it is it me or does anyone feel offended wit these updates? i mean they arent bad at all but they keep adin irrelevant **** and im not liking it at all... before i used to check everyday for updates and always b satisfied no matter wat... like wow thats kool... now its just WDF!!! WDF IS THIS?!?! AWW COME ON!!!! LIKE I IDNT KNO WE HAD A FRIEND LIST!!!... i wish they would stop jerkin us and give us some dam comforting news already....only one more third party slot an still no dam clue as to who it is... im literally praying for megaman to appear...

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
well if u really think about it smash dojo hasnt had a character update in a whole month so i think its safe to say that the full character roster will be released. dont get ur hopes up tho, we could b expecting somthin ****ty like:

ALL STAR MODE!!!
ZOMG ET EZ AL STER MODEZ! ET HEZ RECHURNED WIF EN UHVENGUNCE!!!! WEEEE!!!! ME GONNA SCMASH LOTSO PEEPOZ!

dam it is it me or does anyone feel offended wit these updates? i mean they arent bad at all but they keep adin irrelevant **** and im not liking it at all... before i used to check everyday for updates and always b satisfied no matter wat... like wow thats kool... now its just WDF!!! WDF IS THIS?!?! AWW COME ON!!!! LIKE I IDNT KNO WE HAD A FRIEND LIST!!!... i wish they would stop jerkin us and give us some dam comforting news already....only one more third party slot an still no dam clue as to who it is... im literally praying for megaman to appear...
The updates are a blessing. Most games wouldn't have something like the dojo at all. Even the littlest thing is good. Oh and Cool sig. Biggie for brawl. I wonder what Megaman would look like after taking his powers? :ohwell:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I really hope Megaman shows up this month. We had such a long and quasi-boring November. No truly outstanding updates and Megaman would just totally make Brawl for me (and I'm sure a lot of other people in this thread... most likely all of them.)

If MMX was in Brawl, I think his emblem would probably be the X from the titles.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I think the emblem of any Megaman character, regardless of series, would just be a simplified metool.

Top Bottom