• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Man, I need to be on this thread more. I freakin' LOVE Megaman. His sleek character design, and epic history... What's not to like? Plus the majority of the old games were pretty freakin' fun. My dream will come true when either Megaman, or X is included along with WW Link, and heck Sonic too even though most people expect him. It'll still be an historic event. (Regardless of a certain Olympic Games)

0rion

Smash Journeyman
^^Equivalent Exchange among charging and rapid fire Legolastom. And let da rapid fire actually stun da opponent a bit.

Hey yo, this is exactly why we should start this thread over. Why? Cause it's between X and Blue Bomber only. No other megaman has a chance in hell of making it into Brawl. Either that or this thread needs a sub thread of who should be in and we should vote.

X or da original gangsta?

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
You guessed it! More Sakurai style copy grabs!

Megaman: Special Moves

Peach Copy Grab: Mirror Buster.

Mirror buster lets Megaman create a mirror that will reflect attacks back at the user.

Screenshot 1: Samus's missile is deflected back to her. *It..it's coming back!*

Bowser Copy Grab: Top Spin

Screenshot 2: Megaman spinning fast like a top. *Wheeeeee!*

Top Spin is a good melee attack for scoring multiple hits.

Sceenshot 3: Megaman still spinning *There he goes...*

You can spin and spin all you want but it's important to give Megaman a breather otherwise Megaman will get dizzy.

Screenshot 4: Megaman dizzy *looks like he span a little too much.*

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
megaman should definatly be in brawl. he has been in many games featured on the ninteno consoles.
it doesnt matter which type he is, as long as he has the X form as a main or alternate.
his B attack should be chargable while moving.
and he should ge a ability enhancement whenever he defeats someone. like when he defeats bosses.
his taunt would be how he gets rid of this bonus like kirby.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
LOL I was thinking that too.

Anyways.

Megaman: Special moves

Ice Climbers Copy Grab: Ice Slasher

Ice Slasher fires a wave of ice foward at the opponent. Just like your very own personal freezie!

Screenshot 1: Megaman freezing Diddy Kong with Ice Slasher *BRRRRRR!!!!*

Although there is a 1/30 chance of freezing the opponent it's still worth trying.

Marth Copy Grab: Knight Chain

Knight Chain is a powerful attack that also breaks the enemy shields! It's quite useful in dire situations.

Screenshot 2: Megaman uses KNight Chain on a guarding Jiggulypuff and she goes flying. *Bonk!*

The only drawback with the Knight Chain is that it takes a while to use since Megaman has to fire it then bring it back. It leaves Megaman open to attack. It's better to use on 1 on 1 duels.

Zero Suit Samus Copy Grab: Wire Adapter

Like Link and Zero Suit Samus, Megaman's Wire Adapter will bring opponents closer to Megaman to attack. It's also great for teather recovery too!

Screenshot 3: Megaman falling in Castle Seige with ZSS looking on. "He...He's falling!"

Screenshot 4: Megaman uses Wire Adapter to save himself. "Whew. Safe at last."

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow sudden influx of noobs...

But anyways his X form is much more Sony than the original Blue bomber... i mean the majority of X's games have been released on PS or PS2 and the majority (Almost all) of Classics are on Nintendo's.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
But anyways his X form is much more Sony than the original Blue bomber... i mean the majority of X's games have been released on PS or PS2 and the majority (Almost all) of Classics are on Nintendo's.
Well don't say that, Tom. Snake is a prodominantely Playstation character. His Brawl appearance is even based off MGS2.

Plus, both Classic Megaman and X took a start on a Nintendo system. Either one has a good chance. I would rather see the original blue bomber, but his more serious and darker counterpart would be acceptable as well.

Anything after those two series though... no way, Jose.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Wow sudden influx of noobs...

All X games inbetween X4 and X8 were failures. X5 was ok.

Only 2 classic games haven't been on a Nintendo system as far as I know. Battle and Chase and MM8 are the only ones.

dk64

Smash Cadet
yep

Well don't say that, Tom. Snake is a prodominantely Playstation character. His Brawl appearance is even based off MGS2.

Plus, both Classic Megaman and X took a start on a Nintendo system. Either one has a good chance. I would rather see the original blue bomber, but his more serious and darker counterpart would be acceptable as well.

Anything after those two series though... no way, Jose.
i'm in cmplete agreement w/ wut u said about mega-man. (be happy!:mad:)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well if you were Nintendo would you choose Mega mans Nintendo or Play station look?

Anyways nothing wrong with having X in but I would prefer classic.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Snake was never rendered in 3-D for a Nintendo system before he was on Playstation, on top of the fact that it's really not that easy to distinguish detail from his sprites. That said, considering they're the same character, it does make sense to use the existing design of that SAME character that was initially conceived on a different console. Mega Man on the other hand...at this point his classic design has been fleshed out for long enough that they would have an easy time actually making him. The slight differences between NES and SNES and PS just in terms of quality aren't as big as they really seem. I think he'll look more like the common illustrations of him than any actual in game sprite.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I personally dont like the idea of X in brawl. I mean, if MMX1-5 were okay games, but X doesn't really feel like "megaman." I mean, if you're going to represent MM in such an important and holy game like smash, you're going to want to rep the the entire series. and X really doesn't cut it. X just feels too "spinoffy." classic is more loved by megaman fans, and non-megaman fans usually cant tell the difference between X and classic anyway. and classic MM has often been used to mainly represent the entire series by capcom (along with EXE, but he's dead now.)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Snake was never rendered in 3-D for a Nintendo system before he was on Playstation, on top of the fact that it's really not that easy to distinguish detail from his sprites. That said, considering they're the same character, it does make sense to use the existing design of that SAME character that was initially conceived on a different console. Mega Man on the other hand...at this point his classic design has been fleshed out for long enough that they would have an easy time actually making him. The slight differences between NES and SNES and PS just in terms of quality aren't as big as they really seem. I think he'll look more like the common illustrations of him than any actual in game sprite.
Actually, he was in "MGS:The Twin Snakes" on the GC. Yes, it was 3-D rendered.

@Legolastom:
X isn't Playstation's Megaman. Megaman is his own Megaman. Take note that the X series did start on the SNES and continued for three games. Playstation picked it up when Nintendo kept going with the clear graphics with cartridges on the N64 and Sony went with memory with disks on the PS.
(I know N64 was way better, I'm just saying that from Capcom's POV it didn't look that way.)

Same thing happened with Nintendo and Squaresoft with Final Fantasy. Had Nintendo gone down the other fork, Final Fantasy and Megaman could very well still be Nintendo only games.

...I forget what my point was. I think I ranted farther than I should have.

...Megaman and/or MMX 4 Brawl!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Classic Megaman was in Marvel Vs Capcom 2 even though X already has some games

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
But Classic Megaman already has been on Marvel vs. games.

Even Battle Network Megaman has been on Omnimusha 4 as a secret character.

X deserves a turn and his turn should be on Brawl.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I think he'll look more like the common illustrations of him than any actual in game sprite.
I think his proportions will be very similar to the mega man in MvC2. he looked more like a "teenager" in that game as opposed to a kid in the NES games.

We'll probably see an updated version of that rendering of MM

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

@Legolastom:
X isn't Playstation's Megaman. Megaman is his own Megaman. Take note that the X series did start on the SNES and continued for three games. Playstation picked it up when Nintendo kept going with the clear graphics with cartridges on the N64 and Sony went with memory with disks on the PS.
(I know N64 was way better, I'm just saying that from Capcom's POV it didn't look that way.)
Precisely! X doesn't belong to Nintendo or Playstation. He's Capcom's wild card maverick hunter. Nothing more.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
X can be in something else, Classic should be in Brawl

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Classic or X. Anything else and it's not MEgaman in my eyes.

Back to maor copy grabs

Megaman: Special Moves

Falco Copy Grab: Flash Bomb.

Flash Bomb is a very powerful attack. But in order to use it's full power you must leave the bomb alone. Huh? What does that mean?

Screenshot 1: Megaman has a Flash Bomb *He's got the bomb in his hand...*

Screenshot 2: Megaman throws the bomb *He threw it....*

Screenshot 3: Megaman and Fox between the flash bomb *Must of been a dud...*

Attack the bomb if you want for an explosion but it's true power lies in time. Let the power build up then when it reaches maximum power throw an enemy into it!

Screenshot 4: The bomb exploding with the same radius as the bullet bill missle from Mushroom Kingdom Stage *BLAMMO!!!*

Ganondorf Copy Grab: Black Hole

Black Hole allows Megaman to create a vortex of dark energy that not only deals damage but absorbs enemy attack.

Screenshot 5: Megaman using Black Hole right when Fox used his laser. *It went into the void!!!*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
X isn't even Megaman...

...anyway, X wasn't even suppose to be the star of those games, Zero was...but Capcom thought that Zero would be too different a character than they were use to...

Sinn

Smash Lord
Which is why I said he was never rendered in 3-D on a Nintendo system BEFORE they did it on the Playstation >_>

But regardless, same character, same model (tweaked to look cooler), so that's all that really matters.

If they, for SOME reason picked X to rep the franchise, I would seriously not want one of his later armors. I still like his very first upgraded armor the best...but that's just me.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Which is why I said he was never rendered in 3-D on a Nintendo system BEFORE they did it on the Playstation >_>

But regardless, same character, same model (tweaked to look cooler), so that's all that really matters.

If they, for SOME reason picked X to rep the franchise, I would seriously not want one of his later armors. I still like his very first upgraded armor the best...but that's just me.
yeah please no hideous ninja armor.

just the ones from his SNES X games

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Lord Revan1 do you play any RTS games. I had a friend that used to have that name.
Its probably a popular name though.

Megaman will be in brawl! Geno will not be in brawl!
nor will a Animal crossing playable character be in brawl.

I called it mark my words!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes Megaman will be in Brawl but don't bring that crap in this thread...

Especially your ignorant hatred toward something beyond your limited understanding

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Im not a big Megaman fan (but I do want him in), so I have to ask. Whats the difference between X and Classic besides appearence?
both X and classic mega man were made by robotics scientist Dr. Light, but X is far more advanced, powerful, and he can think for himself.

Both verisons fight for justice, but fight different enemies. Classic MM battles against a crazed scientist named Dr. Wily, who is hell bent on using robots to take over the world, while X battles against mavericks (reploids who dont obey humans) and a specific maverick named Sigma.

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
ehhh... X is more megaman than that stupid exe... and Megaman X is consider one of the best capcom classics so don't say that X is not a Megaman or that he don't deserves to be in brawl, because thanks to X we have Megaman. Believe it or not most people know X and not the original blue bomber, the first megaman x game was very popular in his time.. and if you say that exe is more megaman than X, then you have a big problem...

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
Lord Revan1 do you play any RTS games. I had a friend that used to have that name.
Its probably a popular name though.

Megaman will be in brawl! Geno will not be in brawl!
nor will a Animal crossing playable character be in brawl.

I called it mark my words!
I don't know why... but... you have a point

Top Bottom