• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

RDK

Smash Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolastom
Lol Toad man and Spring man FTW!

I'll see your Spring man and raise you a Wood man.
Lol, this thread is hilarious. :chuckle:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hold my Bubble Man and suck my Needle Man with this conversation!

Ok, this is getting out of hand now.
Anyone think that Rush or Bass or Protoman or Roll or any of the other robots will make AT appearances if Megaman makes the cut? Also, will Beat make the cut for an item? Like Mr. Saturn was only a lot more helpful?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Hold my Bubble Man and suck my Needle Man with this conversation!

Anyone think that Rush or Bass or Protoman or Roll or any of the other robots will make AT appearances if Megaman makes the cut? Also, will Beat make the cut for an item? Like Mr. Saturn was only a lot more helpful?
yeah prolly protoman if classic mm is in. I was just playin mm6 where you can use beat to crush enemies, he would make a fun item.

Im pretty sure everyone has seen the footstool jump thing. you know how when wario is being smashed how he turns to like a pancake for a second, i was wondering if all the characters have that animation cuz mm would look funny as hell flatened out like that

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'll bet all characters will have it, but the animation will differ depending on the character. If they wanted to perfect Footstool Jumping, they would have different animations for every character that you jumped on. Like a different animation for smaller, medium, and bigger characters jumping on bigger, medium and smaller characters. Because having Bowser leapfrog off of Kirby would just seem... unproportionate and awkward.

RDK

Smash Hero
I don't see why not. I think they have at least 1 item from almost all the parties involved...except for maybe Fire Emblem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Money

why is it that everytime a n00b posts, they prove how ****ing dumb they really are?

because everyone who doesnt want megaman for brawl is a noob right?
now i remember
No. Everyone who posts like a ****ing ****** and attacks other people's ideas is a n00b.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Rockman's a stupid name? Gotta say, MEGAman isn't really the coolest of the cool when it comes to names either... I just like the character. But really, Dr. White couldn't think of a better name than "Well, he's man shaped... and he's kind of... mega?"
Especially considering those cartoon episodes where he randomly throws mega in front of words "Oh, that's mega-radical, Dr. White!"

But really, no other opinions on the moves Stryks and I put up? C'mon now, ignore flamers and get on with the mega-talk!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea your Mega-right we should concentrate in that and i was thinking about his buster...

His b attack is shooting this little tiny green shot and whoever it hits he gains their power you could remove it with his taunt and get another one!

Not very in Mega-depth but you get the idea.

RDK

Smash Hero
Rockman's a stupid name? Gotta say, MEGAman isn't really the coolest of the cool when it comes to names either... I just like the character. But really, Dr. White couldn't think of a better name than "Well, he's man shaped... and he's kind of... mega?"
Especially considering those cartoon episodes where he randomly throws mega in front of words "Oh, that's mega-radical, Dr. White!"

But really, no other opinions on the moves Stryks and I put up? C'mon now, ignore flamers and get on with the mega-talk!
Lol...mega-radical...

But on a more serious note--can you quote your moveset again? I really don't feel like going back 10 pages searching for it.

I though Stryk's set was good, but it was a little powerful compared to the other characters' sets...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Not mega-depthy, true, but I mega-like the idea of him being able to change his powers a LITTLE bit, somehow. Though he'd still be fine otherwise, I guess- he was still fun in MvC, even though I thought his super specials were kind of anime. (where he forms into this huge robot and shoots powerful energy and missiles).
Then again, maybe it wouldn't work so well- a big part of him getting new powers is getting new colors. And, what with teams and all, that'd be harder to do. Maybe maintain his helmet and panties colors as his team colors but then change the rest to match his powers?

Edit: Darkstar, I just realized I didn't even finish my B moves... huh. Just up and Neutral/sideways.

Random B moveset time... I like the idea of him being able to charge any of his attacks easily.
B^, Tornado Hold: If in midair, Mega drops a trap below him which will blow him upwards as long as he stays in the blast. The trap will stay in the same place in the air for several seconds, and will blow anyone upwards, giving Mega the only recovery move which can help friends out too. Double jumping while in the stream makes you shoot upward quickly.
On the ground, he tosses it forward until it lands. If the trap itself hits someone it knocks them back a bit with damage and then bounces off. Enemies caught in the gusts will be thrust upwards a bit and sent into freefall, setting them up for attack.

B and B>, Mega Buster: I think it'd be nice to be able to keep the free flowing feel of Megaman's gun, so that's why I put two different spots onto the same move, so you can gun while running or while standing still. It'd work just like the games- Tapping B will shoot those pellets while holding B would charge up a larger shot until let go.

This move would change depending on who he absorbed, each character fitting into some general element, which Mega would acquire by physically touching an enemy.
Fire (Mario, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Bowser, Ness etc.): Fire would create a small stream of fire in front of Mega, and after holding down for awhile letting go would result in a larger flame exploding around Megaman, knocking enemies away and setting them on fire.

RDK

Smash Hero
@qdMbp

I like your idea for charging the buster, etc.

And you're the first person who's actually provided a moveset for the stealing of powers.

I like your idea; however I still think making him able to steal people's powers would cheapen certain pink, floating characters...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Not mega-depthy, true, but I mega-like the idea of him being able to change his powers a LITTLE bit, somehow. Though he'd still be fine otherwise, I guess- he was still fun in MvC, even though I thought his super specials were kind of anime. (where he forms into this huge robot and shoots powerful energy and missiles).
Then again, maybe it wouldn't work so well- a big part of him getting new powers is getting new colors. And, what with teams and all, that'd be harder to do. Maybe maintain his helmet and panties colors as his team colors but then change the rest to match his powers?
he doesn't have to switch colors when he uses other people's powers. In MvC he doesn't change when he does the tornado hold. I was thinking he would only change colors for the brief moment it takes to do the attack. like if he had the rolling cutter he would be gray for the second he fired then switch back to blue

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I like the idea of his normal (Or different colours) would just change his dark blue bits (E.G. Hands feet helmet... underpants) and his power would change the colour of his light blue bit!

That would sound good to me!

RDK

Smash Hero
Err hmm I also added the steal ability in my moveset >.>

Megaman's Up-B Shoryuuken/Cyber-Sword move FTW!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But Kirby gets a hat N stuff for every character... and thats a bit more than a simple colour change

Top Bottom