• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

elee88

Smash Cadet
I just caught up with the prophesies and it seems like the dude knows what he's talking about. I'm wondering how much of the predictions you guys believe. You guys seem to know what's up with this...

synchronicityiii

Smash Rookie
haha, he probably said that thing about "three things in each section being lies" so he can just cover his *** if some of his general predictions don't turn out to be true

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
hah i gave up on the nproject blog a long time ago..too many trolls lol

Mega Man will be revealed next week hopefully

It SURE did, that is why I created a new blog to discuss Megaman without being harassed. Yes, I hope Megaman is revealed tommorrow as well.

The "3rd third party character's stage will be from the same series but not the same game" and "Many people will not be surprised by the 3rd third party but many will be" lead me as well to believe that Megaman is the 3rd third party. But, if the stage is not from the same a game does that mean we won't get Dr.Wily's fortress? Could we get the Highway from X or the Flutter from Legends? Alternatively, as nightmarish as this sounds, it could mean Dr.Wily's fortress with Megaman.EXE of StarForce. Though we could get Dr.W's place with X or Trigger.

On a side, off-topic note: The "Through Time and Space" stage and the "There's actually a 4th third Party character who's blow everyone's minds" statement lead me to believe Crono found some way to bring some SquareEnix representation to Brawl.

Edit: That is of course, if this prophet is true.

I thought of Megaman as well when I first saw that, I was like Megaman on Central Highway (Megaman X,) mix a few X and Classic for the My Music. Your on your way; or it could be Zero on Central Highway. :ohwell:

I have brought this up before what do you guys think about THIS intereview with the current director of the Megaman series:

Takeshi Horinouchi is the actual producer of the Megaman series right now, he is the man you WANT to go to for Megaman happenings, in last months issue of Nintendo Power. He said something very interesting, here is what it was:

NP: What's the next Megaman game on the horizon? More Star Force, ZX, or something else?

TH: This interview is coming out in January, right? [Close enough] Based on the timetable for the North American audience, I would assume the next game you get will be for the Star Force series. However, I'm sure you'd be happy if we got another game out to you before that.

What is interesting about this is that Star Force 2 does not have a release date, but has been heavily rumored to be released in March or April. Now he alludes that it is

possible for Megaman to appear in a game before that, however there is no game before that that he could possibly be in. Except one... Brawl!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
The "3rd third party character's stage will be from the same series but not the same game" and "Many people will not be surprised by the 3rd third party but many will be" lead me as well to believe that Megaman is the 3rd third party. But, if the stage is not from the same a game does that mean we won't get Dr.Wily's fortress? Could we get the Highway from X or the Flutter from Legends? Alternatively, as nightmarish as this sounds, it could mean Dr.Wily's fortress with Megaman.EXE of StarForce. Though we could get Dr.W's place with X or Trigger.

On a side, off-topic note: The "Through Time and Space" stage and the "There's actually a 4th third Party character who's blow everyone's minds" statement lead me to believe Crono found some way to bring some SquareEnix representation to Brawl.

Edit: That is of course, if this prophet is true.
He's revealed things about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl before release; that were correct.
However, he said three of the things in every group are incorrect.

And Square Enix repped by Crono, or Geno, or both, it would make me happy. Though I wouldn't want both if Capcom were not to get some representation (namely Megaman).

And that interview makes me very glad to see; Megaman seriously deserves a spot before all the other third parties now that Sonic's confirmed. He has incredible history with Nintendo, and is one of the most recognizable characters in gaming.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Takeshi Horinouchi is the actual producer of the Megaman series right now, he is the man you WANT to go to for Megaman happenings, in last months issue of Nintendo Power. He said something very interesting, here is what it was:

NP: What's the next Megaman game on the horizon? More Star Force, ZX, or something else?

TH: This interview is coming out in January, right? [Close enough] Based on the timetable for the North American audience, I would assume the next game you get will be for the Star Force series. However, I'm sure you'd be happy if we got another game out to you before that.

What is interesting about this is that Star Force 2 does not have a release date, but has been heavily rumored to be released in March or April. Now he alludes that it is

possible for Megaman to appear in a game before that, however there is no game before that that he could possibly be in. Except one... Brawl!
There's the post for all who missed it.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Brawl without Megaman is just an empty feeling.
My feelings exactly.

Seeing video games biggest icons brawling it out like Sonic, Mario, Snake without Megaman just isn't complete.

I say he will be updated next week, may become a reality or just my wishful thinking once again.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well Rapscouter is at it again, this time he confirms Megaman:

Alright, im back. Here's my update, and just like always I have 3 lies in here.

1: Another Fire Emblem level will be in.

2: Mewtwo will be returning.

3: Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon will be pokeball pokemon.

4: There will be no rival P.T. in the game. (C'mon Blaziken, Turtwig, and Croconaw I think it was no, if anything it would be Blastoise, Charmeleon, and Bulbasaur, maybe or maybe not, but I do know Blastoise would be in the there.

5: Rayquaza will not be the only Pokemon boss in Subspace Emissary.

6: The third 3rd party character is from Capcom.

7: There will be a level in here that will have SNES graphics. (I have no idea what it's from, but that's how it was described to me.)

8: After you get all the cds, you can supposedly upload your own music via memory stick.

9: Twilight Fossil- Stallord, and Twilight Igniter- Fyrus are bosses in Subspace Emissary.

10: Monty Mole, and Professor E. Gadd are assist trophies.

11: Big Goron's Sword, and Poison Mushroom are items.

I don't know the next time I will update you guys with info, but I will update again.

FINALLY! A FREAKING RUMOR IN OUR FAVOR! I so hope Rapscouter is the real deal, he also has three lies again in there. Personally I think the numbers 2, 7 and 8 are the lies. I just hope one he is telling the truth, and 2 number 6 is not the lie.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

FINALLY! A FREAKING RUMOR IN OUR FAVOR! I so hope Rapscouter is the real deal, he also has three lies again in there. Personally I think the numbers 2, 7 and 8 are the lies. I just hope one he is telling the truth, and 2 number 6 is not the lie.

personally, I think 8, 3, and 10 are lies.(it could be 2, but I REAAAAALLLY hope not. Mewtwo BETTER return. To not bring him back is just pure stupidity.)

6 is most likely true though. And I really want to know if there IS a 4th 3rd party. It better be cloud[/hopelessfanboy]

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

personally, I think 8, 3, and 10 are lies.(it could be 2, but I REAAAAALLLY hope not. Mewtwo BETTER return. To not bring him back is just pure stupidity.)

6 is most likely true though. And I really want to know if there IS a 4th 3rd party. It better be cloud[/hopelessfanboy]
Actually, if Geno is third party, it will be him.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Just because Geno is popular doesn't mean he is getting is, Jesus.
Popularity doesn't have a thing to do with him - he's highly requested on the polls, Sakurai's shown plenty of interest in him, the musician who made his theme, which was requested is already working at Brawl, two Mario representative spots open considering the doc is gone - he's getting in, I can tell you that right now.

However, on the slim possibility that he doesn't get in, I'd like to see Crono is an SE rep.

Oh and did we have any ideas for Megaman's SSE story?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
"Popularity doesn't have a thing to do with him - he's highly requested on the polls" WTF do you think the polls are about? Character importance!? Musicians mean nothing and two Mario spots are not open, even if they were Bowser jr is way more likely to get in because he actually means something to his franchise. Jesus Christ.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
"Popularity doesn't have a thing to do with him - he's highly requested on the polls" WTF do you think the polls are about? Character importance!? Musicians mean nothing and two Mario spots are not open, even if they were Bowser jr is way more likely to get in because he actually means something to his franchise. Jesus Christ.
Legolastorm, simply because you do not like the character, I can assure you Sakurai nor any other designer of the game cares what you think.

Popularity matters? Ice Climbers are real popular in this age, I forgot, and so is Takamaru, please excuse me. /sarcasm

If you've noticed, Captain Olimar was recently confirmed
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)

Those are all characters we expect to see in the game, and have much higher chances at being playable. Just because you don't like Geno doesn't mean you can downplay his status at becoming a potential playable character. The polls are an accurate reflection of who can make it into the game, and Geno frankly was the highest 3rd party on that list. BTW, Bowser Jr. was a replacement for the Koopalings, which were killed in Super Mario Bros. Had they never died by Mario, Jr. frankly would not exist right now. Even then, Jr. and Geno can get in due to two open spots. By the by, if you don't know what the poll is, the poll is a compilation of 290 suggestions sent into Sakurai, which he was interested in. Yes, that means that he picked out 4 suggestions from Geno (5 if you include the music), which means he IS indeed interested in Geno.

Yes because his composer, who was hired from a 3rd party company for a 1st party game, is working on menu music. Use that noodle, chief.

And to make this Megaman oriented...

Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Let's go ahead and take a look at this while we're at it.

Seeing as Lucas was confirmed, having 2 or less votes doesn't mean you can't make it into the game. I can see Megaman overcoming his poll results with his popularity and just general importance to the gaming world. We can expect the Animal Crosser, Sukapon as a WTF character, King K. Rool is a maybe, and Megaman as a 3rd party.

I will stop however, seeing as I don't want this to become a flaming thread and the candidate at hand is Megaman. I'll ask again... had we any ideas for Megaman's SSE story? And I'd also like to see a moveset... if there is one...

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
guys, I'm scared... what if the capcom character is a resident evil character? I mean.. the stage is from the same series, but not from the same game as him... it could be leon with resident evil 1 stage.. the mansion... oh God please... not let this happen T__T

Machspeed

Smash Lord
guys, I'm scared... what if the capcom character is a resident evil character? I mean.. the stage is from the same series, but not from the same game as him... it could be leon with resident evil 1 stage.. the mansion... oh God please... not let this happen T__T
It could be a number of characters...
- Megaman, with a stage from the Zero games or something (I'd like that train stage at the beginning of Zero 4.. or was it 3? Can't remember.)
- Geno, with a Mario stage since that's technically in his series
- Bomberman, with a stage from Bomberman Max or w/e that game is called

The possibilities are really endless, but we're still hoping for the blue bomber to hit the Dojo next week. You have to think how close Brawl is to the release date, also as a factor. If I hadn't heard of Brawl, Megaman is one of those characters who would push me to buy the game if I saw it in the store.

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet

Alright, im back. Here's my update, and just like always I have 3 lies in here.

1: Another Fire Emblem level will be in.

2: Mewtwo will be returning.

3: Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon will be pokeball pokemon.

4: There will be no rival P.T. in the game. (C'mon Blaziken, Turtwig, and Croconaw I think it was no, if anything it would be Blastoise, Charmeleon, and Bulbasaur, maybe or maybe not, but I do know Blastoise would be in the there.

5: Rayquaza will not be the only Pokemon boss in Subspace Emissary.

6: The third 3rd party character is from Capcom.

7: There will be a level in here that will have SNES graphics. (I have no idea what it's from, but that's how it was described to me.)

8: After you get all the cds, you can supposedly upload your own music via memory stick.

9: Twilight Fossil- Stallord, and Twilight Igniter- Fyrus are bosses in Subspace Emissary.

10: Monty Mole, and Professor E. Gadd are assist trophies.

11: Big Goron's Sword, and Poison Mushroom are items.

I don't know the next time I will update you guys with info, but I will update again.
it'll be a capcom character... that's why I'm so scared... it could be a resident evil character... people keep talking about leon kennedy and if a capcom's character would be in then it coudn't be another.. it must be megaman!
I prefer brawl without capcom's character if megaman isn't in.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
believe me when I say that Leon getting in over megaman is virtually impossible. Even capcom or nintendo isn't that stupid.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Leon wasnt even on the poll of what I remember, or any RE character for that matter, megaman was, hes currently the most wanted character, and is kidfriendly, which is why I doubt leon would make it, will all the zombies and such, also megaman is capcoms mascot, its win win!

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
I hope so.....
well if some one knows anything about next week 3° party character, please let me know! T__T

AnimaBolt

Smash Cadet
Oi. Don't worry, Rock is the probably the highest rated Capcom character, and ontop of that, from what Phoenix has shown us, the only possibility IS Rock.

So, expect to see Rock on teh Dojo! this coming, or the final week before the release. Heck, I bet they already programmed him into the game, they're just waiting till the last minute to cause a "OMWETFGGGGGG!!!!!! ZOMG ROCK IS IN TEH BRAWLESZORS! I GO B"UY JUST TO PLEY AS HIM LLOLOLOLO!!11" hype. You do understand how much extra dough that would bring in, right? It would probably double Brawl's sales, and it's already the biggest game to be released.

Rock is in teh Brawl. Without a doubt. If not, he'll be in, what I like to call...

SUPER SMASH BROTHER FOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR (lol).

Edit : Remember how Phoenix showed us that enlarged image of Zamus that had the Sonic image on the TV? I'll bet'cha there's a reference to Megaman in one of those images aswell, and it just hasn't been found. Anyone?

Anyways, I'll dig through the screenies for anything that could possible, and finally confirm it.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Yeah don't count on it....
well, you never know. normally when we get a new character, we end up with 3 new character updates for the rest of the month.

and last october, we got sonic to follow up lucas. perhaps he could keep up tradition, and show another certain 3rd party next week.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
it'll be a capcom character... that's why I'm so scared... it could be a resident evil character... people keep talking about leon kennedy and if a capcom's character would be in then it coudn't be another.. it must be megaman!
I prefer brawl without capcom's character if megaman isn't in.
Leon, I seriously doubt, his games are rated higher than Snakes. Plus whereas Snake could be over the top funny I doubt Leon could manage it as well. Megaman will be in if Capcom is, the only other option for them would be either Ryu or Captain Commando lol.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I have brought this up before what do you guys think about THIS intereview with the current director of the Megaman series:
I think the same as you. In fact, before you bought it up, I was the one who brought it up over and over again, and that was after Zevox first caught that remark. Though it's a good idea to keep that idea conveyed for doubters.

Yeah, the good news is that the "rumors" that are still alive are the ones who don't spell "DANGER!" for Megaman.

Oh and did we have any ideas for Megaman's SSE story?
I don't recall much other than Mecha Dragoon, Protoman, and a few other potential bosses for SSE. Though, I do remember a small discussion of Sonic and Megaman teaming up against a robot created by both Robotnik and Wily.

Oi. Don't worry, Rock is the probably the highest rated Capcom character, and ontop of that, from what Phoenix has shown us, the only possibility IS Rock.

So, expect to see Rock on teh Dojo! this coming, or the final week before the release. Heck, I bet they already programmed him into the game, they're just waiting till the last minute to cause a "OMWETFGGGGGG!!!!!! ZOMG ROCK IS IN TEH BRAWLESZORS! I GO B"UY JUST TO PLEY AS HIM LLOLOLOLO!!11" hype. You do understand how much extra dough that would bring in, right? It would probably double Brawl's sales, and it's already the biggest game to be released.

Rock is in teh Brawl. Without a doubt. If not, he'll be in, what I like to call...

SUPER SMASH BROTHER FOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR (lol).

Edit : Remember how Phoenix showed us that enlarged image of Zamus that had the Sonic image on the TV? I'll bet'cha there's a reference to Megaman in one of those images aswell, and it just hasn't been found. Anyone?

Anyways, I'll dig through the screenies for anything that could possible, and finally confirm it.
Heh. Nice Megaman X Foooooouuuuuurrrrrrrr reference! :grin:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I don't recall much other than Mecha Dragoon, Protoman, and a few other potential bosses for SSE. Though, I do remember a small discussion of Sonic and Megaman teaming up against a robot created by both Robotnik and Wily.
SEN-001 - Chaosman

SEN - Subspace Emissary Number
Uses all seven Chaos Emeralds for loads of kickass, lmao

That's all I can remember from our old discuss a boss topic in the thread.

Top Bottom