• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Cless

Smash Champion
Not once did i say or ever in my entire life say that nights would be in brawl, Understand what your talking about before you say it or you just end up with something pointless on your hands.
Ok, fine whatever. You don't think Nights will be in Brawl. You didn't answer my other question though.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So Cless, do you think NyaseNya has been telling the truth, or do you think he is one extremely lucky guy who rolled with it?

Hell no nights never stood a chance in the run up for brawl i only put him in my sig because hes a character i like alot.
Ok I understand that, I like Dark Samus a lot, and her chances are bad. :(

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Where's his claims? I never read any of the prophets.
Here is what he claimed:

1: Megaman WILL NOT be in Brawl. [Yeah, this is the bad one]

2: Captain Olimar, Ness and Toon Link (WW Link) will be in Brawl. [So easy to guess]

3: There will only be 35 characters. [Ehh a little small, not too much]

4: Brawls disc will be dual-layered and it will be 8.5 gigabytes. [We shal see]

5: Brawl will be delayed in the US, it will not come out on Feb. 10th. [Not loooking likely]

6: Brawl will come out in Europe April/May. [That is obvious]

Claim to fame: Predicted Sonic a week in advance, claims to have a source in Nintendo of Europe.

Those are most of his claims

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, seems kinda random. Why's the disc need to be so huge though? There should be a whole lot of content for that big a disc.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I dunno, seems kinda random. Why's the disc need to be so huge though? There so be a whole lot of content for that big a disc.
I know, the only reason he has his fame is because he did predict Sonic. That was it though, Megaman and the whole 35 characters is just the one that broke many peoples backs.

He said Olimar has a whip attack. Well we know his tether recovery is Pikmin chain. So it is not an attack, which he was alluding to to being an attack, not a recovery.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, we've just seen it being used as a recovery. We don't know what it does on the ground or anything.
True, I do like the idea of a chain of Pikmin wacking Mario in the face. Point is, no one will know until the game comes out whether this guy was right or wrong, only 2 more weeks...

I so hope Megaman is in.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Here is what he claimed:

1: Megaman WILL NOT be in Brawl. [Yeah, this is the bad one]

2: Captain Olimar, Ness and Toon Link (WW Link) will be in Brawl. [So easy to guess]

3: There will only be 35 characters. [Ehh a little small, not too much]

4: Brawls disc will be dual-layered and it will be 8.5 gigabytes. [We shal see]

5: Brawl will be delayed in the US, it will not come out on Feb. 10th. [Not loooking likely]

6: Brawl will come out in Europe April/May. [That is obvious]

Claim to fame: Predicted Sonic a week in advance, claims to have a source in Nintendo of Europe.

Those are most of his claims
How is that obvious? ****, its a veeery bad ****ing date.

Not once did i say or ever in my entire life say that nights would be in brawl, Understand what your talking about before you say it or you just end up with something pointless on your hands.
How ironic.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, the only game of note that was released in PAL first was Strikers. PAL games almost always come out a few months later.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, the only game of note that was released in PAL first was Strikers. PAL games almost always come out a few months later.
Yep that is why it is obvious. NyaseNya reall and truly did not say anything extravagent other than Megaman and the other delay in America.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
So Cless, do you think NyaseNya has been telling the truth, or do you think he is one extremely lucky guy who rolled with it?

Ok I understand that, I like Dark Samus a lot, and her chances are bad. :(
I think dark samus is a "he". at least, thats what "he" is refered as in the (I forgot its name.)second metroid prime game...I think.
simple mega man 100% and zero as his partner
megaman X and zero added as a team? I dont know if that would push it that far(when I say this I mean push the disk to its second layer), but if it makes the disk have to be double layerd(or whatever the term) then I can see another delay so they could fill the extra space.
Yep that is why it is obvious. NyaseNya reall and truly did not say anything extravagent other than Megaman and the other delay in America.
another delay would be disastrous, I couldnt stand another one unless they added megaman X and zero team with a course just for them and add marina light year, with her own course as well.(and whatever else nintendo can throw in like a graphics boost or something.)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah another delay would hurt, but 35 characters and no Megaman hurts even more. :(

I still say Nyase is lying, or she is making herself out to know more than she really does.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yo TONY__ can I ask you a question? Earlier in this thread you mentioned that some guy talked to you about X and Zero in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Classic Megaman in Brawl, was this true or were you pulling our chains?

Is there any follow up information you can give or some further explanation of what happened, or is that about it?

Do not mean to bug you, it is just something that interested me is all.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Yo TONY__ can I ask you a question? Earlier in this thread you mentioned that some guy talked to you about X and Zero in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Classic Megaman in Brawl, was this true or were you pulling our chains?

Is there any follow up information you can give or some further explanation of what happened, or is that about it?

Do not mean to bug you, it is just something that interested me is all.
Its true. He talked with me, and I'll try getting more info tommorrow.

And its ok if you bug me XD.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Its true. He talked with me, and I'll try getting more info tommorrow.

And its ok if you bug me XD.
It's alright, I think this board could use some hope. :)

P.S: What does everyone think of my sig?

mrpink386

Smash Cadet
Have no fear guys...

I have no faith in 99.9% of these "prophets", so far the only one that seems even remotely plausible is that the Prima guide leak is a list of character updates on the Dojo. If Krystal or Sheik are not next, that one is dead to me too. As for a delay, its not going to happen. Most of these "prophets" are people who come on these boards to get a kick out of the ruckus they started. What starts a ruckus more than a game delay?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I fnally got myself a new blog to run my Brawl Rumor Investigation and News Agency, just giving you guys the heads up in case you were interested. :\

I have tons of updating to do, and many subjects to list, I also have to get used to the new blog. But I do plan on working on it. So just figured I would tell you guys, because I may start working through that way instead of posting here all the time.

http://brawlgalaxy.blog.com/

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
What is wrong with 35 characters?!? You say that like it's disappointing? 35 characters is a heck of a lot! Megaman or not...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What is wrong with 35 characters?!? You say that like it's disappointing? 35 characters is a heck of a lot! Megaman or not...
I am JUST simply saying 35 is a super safe number versus 30 or 45. That is all, and Megaman not even being in that is a loss indeed.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
hey tirkaro what up with p2w right now??
Wha? O_o?

Also, I know 35 is not a lot, considering we are at 26 characters right now not even including most of veterans... Yeah, I still think the ONLY thing Nyase knew about was Sonic, everything else I think she just rolled with. Kind of like ChaosZero the "Dragoon" prophet.

He knew about 1 thing, however the others he just made up.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hopefully the RMB section will be back soon hunter.
Yeah, I am currently waiting for TONY__ to come back with more information on his encounter with the guy from Capcom.

Also currently working on my new Smash Bros. Brawl blog.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Hehe, nice try; I run a rumor investigating blog, so all I was doing is simply pointing out some old rumors and a couple of sources that are reliable. I looked into NyaseNya's history, he is about 75% reliable, things he has said are generic and 2 of them currently false.

So I do not give much credence to him, several people I know guessed Sonic might be revealed during the 2007 Fall conference and updated the next day. As far as CI goes, he is all but debunked for me. Anything else?
A rumor investigation blog? That sounds very handy, it's great to have you on our side.

35 isn't a very large number if you think about it. Counting Sheik seperately, that's only 9 more than Melee and if you cut Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario that leaves room for only 12 newcomers. And because we have 12 newcomers now, that would be it. It might seem big, but it would mean no more newcomers. Personally I'm expecting 40-50 characters total.

And on the subject of the whip attack, all Up B moves can also be used as attacks, so it's not far off to say that Olimar's Up B could be a whip attack.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A rumor investigation blog? That sounds very handy, it's great to have you on our side.
Yep, see the link in my sig. ;)

Right now I just transitioned into a new blog so it will take some time to get it up and running again.

35 isn't a very large number if you think about it. Counting Sheik seperately, that's only 9 more than Melee and if you cut Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario that leaves room for only 12 newcomers. And because we have 12 newcomers now, that would be it. It might seem big, but it would mean no more newcomers. Personally I'm expecting 40-50 characters total.

And on the subject of the whip attack, all Up B moves can also be used as attacks, so it's not far off to say that Olimar's Up B could be a whip attack.

That is the number one reason I discredit her, right now we have 24 characters (ZSS seperate), if we add these veterans.

Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mr. Game and Watch

We just NOW reach 34, and I have a very reliable source that tells there is a playable R.O.B, so that means that we reach 35. AND Serebii has really alluded to the fact that Lucario is in Brawl, so now we reach 36.

I do not for one second believe that the last newcomers are Lucario and R.O.B, than that means that every other popular character was canned. So this 35 roster thing really disproves her; the only way to make it fit is if we get rid of more veterans. Why would Sakurai do it though?

In order to make popular characters like Krystal, Geno, Ridley and Megaman, that would have to mean that 5 veterans are gone. NO WAY!

Basically Nyase knew about Sonic, everything else was wrong.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Regarding Nyase's mention of a second delay in the US... well, there IS that rumor that started floating around the Internets a few days ago about a possible delay to March 10th. I hope and pray that isn't true -- I'm not sure I can take another delay, Nintendo would have no excuse -- but hey... it is a distinct possibility, because as far as I know, the delay rumor has not been disproved yet. (If it has, please educate me. :p)

I've heard "printing issues" as the main reason behind this rumored delay.

You have to consider, though... if Brawl really is to come out on February 10th as they've said, there's going to have to be some news of it going GM soon... and I mean really soon. A month is usually just enough time for a publisher to get discs printed and shipped from the warehouses to retailers. If we don't get the GM news soon... a delay may be imminent.

And just to be clear, I am NOT being a prophet or anything, or even pretending to be one... I'm just spculating and trying to provide a little insight. I want more than anything for this rumor of a March 10th delay to be proven false and for Nyase and ChaoticImplosion to be wrong.

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Hard Corwen

Smash Cadet
*changed to reflect my interests*

MM: Elecman
MM2: Crashman
MM3: Geminiman
MM4: Pharaohman
MM5: Gyroman
MM6: Yamatoman
MM7: Shademan
MM8: Clownman
MM&B Magicman

MMX: Armor Armadillo
MMX2: Overdrive Ostrich
MMX3: Neon Tiger
MMX4: Slash Beast
MMX5: Dark Bat/Dark Dizzy
MMX6: Commander Yanma/Sniper Dragonfly (I think that's his japanese name...)
MMX7: never played it
MMX8: never played it
MMXCM: never played it

OK, i got to get in on this too! :D

MM: Elecman
MM2: Flashman
MM3: Magnetman
MM4: Ringman
MM5: Napalmman
MM6: Centaurman :p
MM7: Turboman
MM8: Astroman
MM&B Burnerman

MMX: Storm Eagle
MMX2: Wheel Gator
MMX3: Neon Tiger
MMX4: Magma Dragoon
MMX5: Grizzly Slash
MMX6: Shield Sheldon :laugh:
MMX7: never played it
MMX8: Bamboo Pandamonium :)
MMXCM: never played it

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is something really interesting I just re-read in the last issue of Nintendo Power. Well NP did a Megaman 20th Anniversary look back, they also interviewed Takeshi Horinouchi, he is actually the dued that RUNS Megaman, here is something very cryptic.

NP: What's the next Megaman game on the horizon? More Star Force, ZX, or something else?

TH: This interview is coming out in January, right? [Close enough] Based on the timetable for the North American audience, I would assume the next game you get will be for the Star Force series. However, I'm sure you'd be happy if we got another game out to you before that.

Guys there IS no release date for Star Force 2 right now! It is rumored to come out in March or April, what other game could there be before March?

:):):):):)

Also, something else creepy that happened. If you type in the word "megaman star force" into Amazon.com, there 5h game to pop up is Brawl!?! I typer in a couple other versions of Megaman, none of them do this... Weird...

Also, here is my new blog entry about Megaman in Brawl.

http://brawlgalaxy.blog.com/2520229/#cmts

mrpink386

Smash Cadet
Love the blog starphoenix, oh, and the sig as well.:chuckle:
You really hit every vital point for Megaman's inclusion in Brawl. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

On another note: I thought of a good idea for a Megaman themed assist trophy. What if the infamous Protoman whistle was heard, and he came out and tore up the competition? That would be cool. Perhaps he could even do the jumping/shooting thing he did in Megaman 3.:laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Love the blog starphoenix, oh, and the sig as well.:chuckle:
You really hit every vital point for Megaman's inclusion in Brawl. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

On another note: I thought of a good idea for a Megaman themed assist trophy. What if the infamous Protoman whistle was heard, and he came out and tore up the competition? That would be cool. Perhaps he could even do the jumping/shooting thing he did in Megaman 3.:laugh:
Thanks for compliment on the sig, did it myself. Also glad you loved the blog.

That is a wonderful idea for an assist trophy, I SOOO thought of that as well, it is just so easy to see in my head.

mrpink386

Smash Cadet
This might have been discussed previously (I'm sure it has), but if you guys could pick one music selection from the vast Megaman music libraryto be included in Brawl, what would it be?

I would have to go with either Wily's Castle 1 from MM2 or the intro from MM2, although my personal favorite Megaman track has to be Spark Man in MM3. :chuckle:

If you want to listen to/download any of these amazing tracks heres a good site: http://blue-bomber.jvmwriter.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Top Bottom