• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually slowly becoming a non-believer... things don't look good..

Don't get me wrong, I want Megaman in this game more than any other character, I think I just need to get over the denial :[

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Haha that is funny mrpink; I love Samus and Megaman both, I know from personal experience how different they are. No one can doubt though, a Samus Vs Megaman match is totally epic!

I'm actually slowly becoming a non-believer... things don't look good..

Don't get me wrong, I want Megaman in this game more than any other character, I think I just need to get over the denial :[
That is sad too hear, still hold out some hope though. He probably is in, way too many things going for him, other than that podcast. We only have a little longer to go.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Y-Y-Y-You still hate me Del? : (
/sarcasm...ish

And Pluvius don't insult Golden sun, its better than most (All) modern Mega man games.
Cool. I didn't know you liked Golden Sun too, mots.

The modern Megaman are not getting in Brawl, because they are just that much of crap. Also has anyone thought about SSE bosses yet? I vote for Forte!
Yeah, but it'd not topic that gets old quickly. I still say Protoman and/or Mecha Dragoon. I don't know why people want Protoman for an assist trophy, when he could do so much more as an SSE boss. He'd also be truer to his oldself from the games.

Thank you Cless.

Also, I have good news. All those rumors out there are dropping like flies, the 2Channel rumor and the FForceSultan have been disconfirmed. ChaoticImplosion, Vatro Xu and Rapscouter are next, ChaoticImplosion says no Megaman, no Bombermam, no Krystal and no Bowser Jr; but Wolf? Also his new moveset he list for Ness is not Earthbound related at all and is so vague it is incredible.

Vatro Xu said there is no Sheik, but today Zelda's down-B is Twilight CHANGE!

Rapscouter says that Saffron City is coming back, but Serebii says no, since he is the Pokemon guy I will go with that. The whole "3-lie" thing also pretty much confirms mys supsicions.

All that are left are Thealmightygoat, ChaosZero and the resurgence of the Prima guide list. All have not deconfirmed Megaman, in fact the Prima guide rumor confirms him. ^_^

However Goat is proving himself to be false, ChaosZero might be right since he is the infamous "Dragoon" prophet. The Prima guide leak is resurging because of that creepy update pattern it is going by.
So the non-Megaman rumors are dropping like flies, you say? Hear, Hear!! Glory to the RMB!!!

Thought you guys might find this amusing.

The other night my younger brother's friend was over, and he asked me about the newest Smash Bros. info. We got into a discussion about what characters should be included and I mentioned Megaman (of course). He then went into the obnoxious "too much like Samus" speech. I popped in my copy of Anniversary Collection and literally showed him every weapon in the first eight Megaman titles, asking him "can Samus do that?" Needless to say, we have one more believer. (Or one less non-believer). :chuckle:
It's good to have one more on the boat of truth! Down with the non-believers! :p

You know, despite what I said earlier, I actaully want to believe Prima's list because it has two characters that I really want and a character that I'm interested in seeing, though it has a few that I don't. For the sake of peace, I won't mention who those chars are though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I agree with the person who said that this is not the entire roster, but more like the schedule they plan on updating newcomers.

Pit (25/05/07)
Wario (20/06/07) (26 days and 21 updates after Pit)
Zero Suit Samus (19/07/07) (29 days and 23 updates after Wario)
Ike (01/08/07) (13 days and 9 updates after Zamus)
Pokémon Trainer (13/08/07) (12 days and 8 updates after Ike)
Diddy Kong (22/08/07) (9 days and 7 updates after PT)
Meta Knight (05/09/07) (13 days and 12 updates)
Snake (21/09/07) (16 days and 17 updates)
Lucas (01/10/07) (11 days and 6 updates)
Sonic (10/10/07) (9 days and 12 updates)
King Dedede (25/10/07) (15 days and 12 updates)
Olimar (Latest) (09/01/08) (Many days, 62 updates...)
Krystal (unless Megaman makes it first I am betting on Krystal)
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

mrpink386

Smash Cadet
I would love to see an epic picture of Samus and Megaman pointing the blasters at one another! When Sakurai finally drops the Blue Bomber, that would make a nice picture to go along with it!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I agree with the person who said that this is not the entire roster, but more like the schedule they plan on updating newcomers.
QFT

I would love to see an epic picture of Samus and Megaman pointing the blasters at one another! When Sakurai finally drops the Blue Bomber, that would make a nice picture to go along with it!
he probably will, thats a good idea

Another good point to bring up is the confirmation of the upcoming Rockman Wii game. You know Capcom never misses an opportunity to make money. Since they're making this game for sure now, Mega Man in Brawl would be perfect advertising!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Another good point to bring up is the confirmation of the upcoming Rockman Wii game. You know Capcom never misses an opportunity to make money. Since they're making this game for sure now, Mega Man in Brawl would be perfect advertising!
Especially since the new game IS NOT Scramble Battle, another NOTHER good point is that Capcom almost ALWAYS gets involved with crossover fighting games. ;)

mrpink386

Smash Cadet
I'm positive that I've heard Capcom is working on a Rockman game for the Wii. Brawl is absolutely the best way to ***** out Megaman and create hype for that game. (And believe me, in this case I don't mind them whoring out a character.)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
True:

SF vs xmen
SF vs marvel
marvel vs capcom
MVC2
SNK vs capcom
snk vs capcom chaos
namco X capcom

capcom loves crossovers...
And they LOVE to throw Megaman around when they can.

That is why I said it doe not add up, there really is no way for Megaman to not be in this game unless it did not work out between Capcom and Nintendo. Inafune did not say that though, he just said HE has not been contacted, but that he could still get in.

The fans want him, Capcom wants him, Inafune wants him, Nintendo wants him and by the fact he was mentione 2 times on Sakurais blogs HE wants him. Now why is he not in, but wait he is!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I'm positive that I've heard Capcom is working on a Rockman game for the Wii. Brawl is absolutely the best way to ***** out Megaman and create hype for that game. (And believe me, in this case I don't mind them whoring out a character.)
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
And they LOVE to throw Megaman around when they can.

That is why I said it doe not add up, there really is no way for Megaman to not be in this game unless it did not work out between Capcom and Nintendo. Inafune did not say that though, he just said HE has not been contacted, but that he could still get in.

The fans want him, Capcom wants him, Inafune wants him, Nintendo wants him and by the fact he was mentione 2 times on Sakurais blogs HE wants him. Now why is he not in, but wait he is!
EXACTLY, the sad thing is these facts slip by most people. oh well, they'll see when he is updated

mrpink386

Smash Cadet
I also remember a poll somewhere (maybe on the Capcom boards) whre fans were asked what console they would like to see the next Megaman game on. Wii won by a landslide, it's very obvious to Capcom that Wii owners dig Megaman. Putting Megaman in Brawl is also a win-win situation for both Capcom and Nintendo business wise. They know this, and that pushes Megaman's chances up even higher. If he is released on the Dojo, I expect it to be about a week before Japanese release, people would be pre-ordering like crazy. (Even moreso):chuckle:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I also remember a poll somewhere (maybe on the Capcom boards) whre fans were asked what console they would like to see the next Megaman game on. Wii won by a landslide, it's very obvious to Capcom that Wii owners dig Megaman. Putting Megaman in Brawl is also a win-win situation for both Capcom and Nintendo business wise. They know this, and that pushes Megaman's chances up even higher. If he is released on the Dojo, I expect it to be about a week before Japanese release, people would be pre-ordering like crazy. (Even moreso):chuckle:
QFT

its just almost impossible that inafune or capcom wasnt approached by Nintendo. Too much money is at stake

mrpink386

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'm going to sound like a total noob (which I am), but is what is QFT? Anyways, he's in guys, there are just way too many reasons why he should (from both an artistic and business standpoint), and way too few reasons he shouldn't. If he isn't in, it's not just our loss, it's theirs.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Okay, I'm going to sound like a total noob (which I am), but is what is QFT? Anyways, he's in guys, there are just way too many reasons why he should (from both an artistic and business standpoint), and way too few reasons he shouldn't. If he isn't in, it's not just our loss, it's theirs.
dont worry i didnt know what it meant before coming here either.

QFT= Quoted for truth, it means i agree with you

courte

Smash Lord
i agree with mr. pink, whos done more for nintendo in recent years than Capcom and Megaman. Sure they may not all be good/hits {this is a matter of opinion} but they definetly put out way more for the company, than sonic could try to, even though his effort does count for something

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well it is official, Sheik is in Brawl and the Light Arrows is Zelda's final smash. What do you want to bet tommorows update is Zelda's special moves, and Sheik? Than it will continue to confirm thus far my theory:

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman
Also, as far as Namcom goes, only Geno and Megaman were the most requested outside characters.

Cless

Smash Champion
Did I say anything about a Namco character being in Brawl? I just said that Namco loves crossovers more than Capcom. Namco is all about crossovers and in-references in like every game they ever made.

SvC: Chaos is terrible by the way.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Did I say anything about a Namco character being in Brawl? I just said that Namco loves crossovers more than Capcom. Namco is all about crossovers and in-references in like every game they ever made.

SvC: Chaos is terrible by the way.
I just had the ringings of the words "Pacman for Brawl" in my mind when you said that. I just needed to adress the voices in my head.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What the hell are you talking about?
Taken from Brawlcentral.com:

Zelda's four specials are listed on the front of the card as "Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, and Twilight Change." The thing is, Zelda doesn't have a twilight change in Twilight Princess. The translation for the final Special move reads: "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Shiek transformation)" A rough translation says "Twilight version Seek Transformation". Seek is the Japanese version of Shiek, so there ya go. We have multiple translators confirming this.

Also I have a theory about the character updates and the old Prima guide leak, very interesting and eery thing that will continue to prove itself if Sheik or Krystal are the next veteran or newcomer update.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Shiek's name is Shiek in Japanese. Maybe they spell it weird, but it's the same pronunciation.
I think the point is is that Sheik is confirmed, and that maybe tommorrow will be her character update, than my theory gains 1 more merit. :cool:

Del Money

Smash Champion
Are you guys really buying this roster info? It seems to be very logical, but something about everyone claiming they have insider information and all their leaked rosters contradicting each other is kinda turning me off from believing any of it. Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to expect to see Sheik or Krystal on the DOJO next.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
@Pluvius
You were right. MM4 isn't all that bad. Within like 1.5 hours, I beat 6 of the robot masters. It was really just a matter of me getting accustomed to th fact that the buster is now chargeable. As good as the classic Mega Man games are, I can't play them for lengthy periods of time at a go. It just kinda gets me bored. Great games though. Hell, if I can beat the entire Anniversary Collection before the semester starts that'll be tight.
Rockman World 4, the 4th GB title, has kickback on the charged shot, which I loved. Unfortunately, the only way to get ahold of that is through either the ROM or the original cartridge. IMO, though, all 5 of the GB games are worth hunting down.

I never liked the Pokemon cards, I was more into the show (which now sucks ***) and the games (which recently became awesome again...RSE was kinda bland. D/P rocked).
I've watched the show, played the video games, & played the TCG on & off for all of the years since I first played Red & saw Ash first obtain Pikachu.

And Pluvius don't insult Golden sun, its better than most (All) modern Mega man games.
The solar panel is a stupid ****ing gimmick, & I refuse to play any game that uses it.

The modern Megaman are not getting in Brawl, because they are just that much of crap. Also has anyone thought about SSE bosses yet? I vote for Forte!
Yeah, but it'd not topic that gets old quickly. I still say Protoman and/or Mecha Dragoon. I don't know why people want Protoman for an assist trophy, when he could do so much more as an SSE boss. He'd also be truer to his oldself from the games.
Forte would be great as a SSE boss, but better as a costume change for Rockman. They're around the same heights, both use Busters, & can both take powers. It seems like a good aesthetic choice. That said, Blues would be a good choice too. I'm hoping for both as costume changes.

When & where was Rockman mentioned on Sakurai's blog?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
When & where was Rockman mentioned on Sakurai's blog?

On the old Totoukekan blog:

King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawashima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2)
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

All those numbers to the side is how many times they were mentioned in his blogs.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
EDIT: Oops. I just posted about Sheik's confirmation and gave Starphoenix's find more props, when he already took care of that himself. :)

You may really, honestly be onto something here, Starphoenix. I really hope you are!

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I hope Sheik really isn't a transformation for Zelda. That weeaboo **** deprived Zelda of a 4th B-move in Melee, which completely sucked.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hope Sheik really isn't a transformation for Zelda. That weeaboo **** deprived Zelda of a 4th B-move in Melee, which completely sucked.
Too late, here is hoping for a Sheik update tommorrow, so that way my theory can continue. ^_^

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
I'd be surprised if we got two new characters in one week, even if one is a vet... so I'm going to put my money on Sheik/Zelda's specials being one of next week's update. But hey, tomorrow's (Friday's) update is always a possibility!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'd be surprised if we got two new characters in one week, even if one is a vet... so I'm going to put my money on Sheik/Zelda's specials being one of next week's update. But hey, tomorrow's (Friday's) update is always a possibility!
Remember though, we got Pokemon Trainer on a Tuesday and Peach on a Friday in the same week, so...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I never liked the Pokemon cards, I was more into the show (which now sucks ***) and the games (which recently became awesome again...RSE was kinda bland. D/P rocked).

Although I did tried it out, interest didn't last long. XP

And on topic about Mega Man. Who here is thinking of making Mega Man stages in the stage builder? I am! They have spikes, ladders and CONVEYOR BELTS! Hello Metal Man's stage. :D
I collected pokemon cards too, I still have a couple of the foil cards.
and ya, I will be recreateing megaman stages too.(horray for spike pits!)

I will stick to whatever level he comes with. :\
so, you will stick to the normal levels, but what about the levels you can get over wifi?
QFT

he probably will, thats a good idea

but which mega man versoin is the wii game of?
megaman=massive monetary win for nintendo's wallets.
Shiek's name is Shiek in Japanese. Maybe they spell it weird, but it's the same pronunciation.
EDIT: Oops. I just posted about Sheik's confirmation and gave Starphoenix's find more props, when he already took care of that himself. :)

You may really, honestly be onto something here, Starphoenix. I really hope you are!

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!
if shiek is in brawl, she(yes shiek is a she, it says so on the trophy in melee so people stop being confused about the whole gender thing) she has to be severly nerved in some way, she just took zelda out of the picture way too easily.(thing is though is I prefere zelda form over shiek form strangley enough.)

P.S.- how did people get confused about shiek's gender? it seems pretty cut and dry that zelda(female) would turn into shiek(female). unless this is the first character from nintendo to have a gender change.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The confusion comes from the fact that in OoT she pretended to be a "he."

Top Bottom