• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
As I've said before, I'm in favor of his Down Smash being the slide/Charge Kick, keeping it closer to the games.

Running A could be something else entirely. Maybe an abbreviated "Top Spin"? ^_^

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Nah his slide should be his running A attack...
bksbestbwoy approved! lolz

and whatever happened to gaining a robot master/maverick ability upon defeating a certain character? that idea was more than enough

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I don't suppose anyone bothered to check the links I posted? Not to be persisting, but I'd like to get some feedback...
Well you sure took liberties with Wily' s theme and the Robot Museum, but they weren't bad. I like your remix for Cutman, it stays true to the tune. It would probably be the one I would choose for MM's stage.

And anyone who shows appreciation for the Legends Series is awesome in my book! Your Geimenschaft Battle remix is my favorite of the five.

Good work.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Also, I've decided I want to be in R.M.B, if possible.

On a side note, I composed a few tracks that would appear on Mega Man's stage out of sheer boredom:

Wily Stage A (Mega Man 2)
This one I've obviously rearranged from one of the greatest songs in video game history, Wily Stage A from MM2. I, of course, went for an orchestral theme.

The Flutter Vs. The Gesselschaft (Megaman Legends)
I'll admit it. I loved the Legends games. The original version of this played when the Bonnes were chasing you in their gigantic aircraft, the Gesselschaft. For this rearrangement, I decided with another orchestral piece. Also, please excuse my crappy sounding piano.

Robot Museum (Mega Man 7)
This piece is, of course, the Robot Museum theme. You know, THAT one. I'll let you decide for yourself what theme I went with for this one.
I'll give you a hint. It's orchestral. Shocking, I know.

Cut Man's Theme (Mega Man 1)
Really, what kind of a Cut Man fan would I be if I didn't rearrange this piece? I went with a more mariachi band theme for this.

Geimenschaft Battle (Megaman Legends 2)
This one's older than the others, and I didn't really compose it for Brawl (I rearranged it for a talent competition) but I think it works nonetheless. It has a techno rock theme to it, if I say so myself.

Tell me what you think!

Also, check your volume settings.
Nice. I liked Cut Man and The Megaman Legends 2 one. What I'd really like to hear though is Heat Man's stage, Freeze Man's stage and finally, if they featured the X series I'd love to hear Boomer Kuwanger or/and Storm Eagles theme. That's my wish list.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
The Metal blade could fire in all directions, but so many enemies were immune to it. The fact that Metalman is weak against his own weapon does not help his case either. It still doesn't change the fact that he is my favorite MM2 RM, though.

Edit: hunter-x that pretty cool sig you got there.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Nice. I liked Cut Man and The Megaman Legends 2 one. What I'd really like to hear though is Heat Man's stage, Freeze Man's stage and finally, if they featured the X series I'd love to hear Boomer Kuwanger or/and Storm Eagles theme. That's my wish list.
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Anyways, how could I forget Storm Eagle? I loved that theme. I think I'll do that one next.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Anyways, how could I forget Storm Eagle? I loved that theme. I think I'll do that one next.
I wonder if Megaman does make it in, whether he'll have certain things from all his series, like music from the X series.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
If X and Zero get in then there should be 20 songs.

1: Central Highway MMX
2: Storm Eagle MMX
3: Wheel Gator MMX2
4: Iris's theme MMX4
5: Blaze heatnix MMX6
6: CYCLOPS Ride Armor MMX8
7: "WILD FANG" MMX8
8: Intro MMX8
9: Intro MHX
10: X vs Zero MMX5
11: Cannonball MMZ3
12: Neo Arcadia MMZ2
13: Esperanto MMZ4
14: Max Heat MMZ4
15: Fall of Ragnarok: MMZ4
16: Area A: MMZX
17: Serpent HQ: MMZX
18: Train: MMZXA
19: Trap Phantasam: MMZXA
20: Area D: MMZX

Stryks

Smash Hero
megaman is deconfirmed by brawl going gold
im still really daMMN pissed by this
seriously he could have been in!
man he would be the perfect candidate too
how is he deconfirmed? hell theres this guy who told some guy about re chronicles days before its release and some other capcom news befor ebeing revealed day before, who said megaman was added in brawl, but brawl would have to be delayed, wouldnt u know it, days later, game delayed...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I understand we won't convince each other on that issue, but there's no need to say it was debunked when it was based on opinion.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
so true bb, and the podcast is sooo over now. oh and thanks on the comment of my sig aqua rock. anyways i was thinking if playing as megaman in brawl you would have to have the slide. so, i think a good way to use it would be crouching than A not at the same time so it is more like a tilt downward than A. any other ideas

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I understand we won't convince each other on that issue, but there's no need to say it was debunked when it was based on opinion.
well in our opinion it was debunked. And by that we mean the IMPORTANCE of it being a Mega Man deconformation was debunked, not the podcast itself. that indeed was real and did take place

@ hunter-x- i prefer a dsmash for it. stryks wants it as a running a, some people have said down b, and now you say dtilt lol. everyone has a different idea for the slide lol

Cless

Smash Champion
The slide should be a down b or dashing attack. Why would you want a down smash that only hits on one side, and why would a d tilt move you?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
that was the beauty of my idea! once you dsmash and you start to go in a direction you can turn it around! just like in the games! perfect for mind games

plus mario already has it for his dash attack

and it seems like a waste for a special move or too much like a falcon kick

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
that was the beauty of my idea! once you dsmash and you start to go in a direction you can turn it around! just like in the games! perfect for mind games

plus mario already has it for his dash attack

and it seems like a waste for a special move or too much like a falcon kick
^ This.

One of the great things about the Slide/Charge Kick(MM5) in classic games, was that you did have a bit of lee-way to control it, so that you could go back and forth until either the animation's time was up, or you exited the tight space.

It would be a unique attack, as well as something that would serve better for Rockman's mind games, while adhering to the original subject matter as much as possible. I could think of nothing better than this to represent the slide.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
^ This.

One of the great things about the Slide/Charge Kick(MM5) in classic games, was that you did have a bit of lee-way to control it, so that you could go back and forth until either the animation's time was up, or you exited the tight space.

It would be a unique attack, as well as something that would serve better for Rockman's mind games, while adhering to the original subject matter as much as possible. I could think of nothing better than this to represent the slide.
:):):)

that was exactly my goal

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
I like your idea a lot BB. Mega Man could really use some mindgames to go along with his moveset. After all, I couldn't really see any of his attacks being particularly mindgameable, but the Slide trick could work wonders.

Also:
Storm Eagle (Megaman X)
My version of the Storm Eagle theme from MMX. And guess what, it's rock! How original of me! Enjoy.

Check your volume settings.

Top Bottom