• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Old, debunked. I did the same thing though. :psycho:
We all agree that it's old, but does everyone have to say "Debunked" everytime, when it really isn't?

It's also opinion to believe the importance of the podcast, when we clearly gave intellegent views and reasons on why it's unimportant.
Your reasons are he was lying and keeping it a secret, and he has no idea of what is going on with MM in BRawl, and therefore his words can't be trusted. The two points, cannot both exist at the same time, mind you.

So by that logic, the Dojo updates can be marked as fake because "it's an opinion" to believe the imprtance of them, no matter what the source is?

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Why would he say he hasn't been asked, and then immediately say there is still time, when obviously there isn't? When taken at face value, it doesn't make since at all, really.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
So by that logic, the Dojo updates can be marked as fake because "it's an opinion" to believe the imprtance of them, no matter what the source is?
well the dojo has no motive to lie to us as its whole point is to inform us about the game. inafune would have a reason to lie or strecth the truth so that he can kepp mm's inclusion secret

let me ask you this, if sakurai knows the fans want mega man in, and inafune wants mm in, do you think mega man would make it?

its rather simple

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I know I was late, but I dont listen to the podcasts, so forgive me.

But Yea, I still hope Megaman is in the brawl, he was on the poll anyways :p

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Okay, so it's not debunked. However, the statement has pretty much been proven unimportant. The thing is though, its importance is pretty much dependent on your stance. You believe it's important; Therefor to you, it's important. It's unimportant to us; Therefor, it's unimportant in our eyes. Neither of us has any chance of coming out victorious in a debate such as this, since it is a debate based solely on opinion. Neither side has any concrete evidence; Both sides are only assuming. You're assuming he's telling the truth; We're assuming he's lying or is unaware.

However, the theories 'Inafune is lying' and 'He was never informed' can coexist. They are, after all, just theories. I admit, you have more evidence supporting your theory than we do ours. Still, we want Mega Man in Brawl, and by deity, we're gonna fight to keep up his chances!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I know I was late, but I dont listen to the podcasts, so forgive me.

But Yea, I still hope Megaman is in the brawl, he was on the poll anyways :p
no problem, ive just been annoyed with all this podcast discussion lately. sorry

Okay, so it's not debunked. However, the statement has pretty much been proven unimportant. The thing is though, its importance is pretty much dependent on your stance. You believe it's important; Therefor to you, it's important. It's unimportant to us; Therefor, it's unimportant in our eyes. Neither of us has any chance of coming out victorious in a debate such as this, since it is a debate based solely on opinion. Neither side has any concrete evidence; Both sides are only assuming. You're assuming he's telling the truth; We're assuming he's lying or is unaware.

However, the theories 'Inafune is lying' and 'He was never informed' can coexist. They are, after all, just theories. I admit, you have more evidence supporting your theory than we do ours. Still, we want Mega Man in Brawl, and by deity, we're gonna fight to keep up his chances!
exactly goopygoo. although i would argue we have just as much evidence if not more on our side.

but i agree that we will never come to an agreement with people who think inafune's comments were 100% truth

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
exactly goopygoo. although i would argue we have just as much evidence if not more on our side.
Sorry to disagree with you, but I believe we don't. As much as I think (and hope) we're right, we have less concrete evidence then Chi. We don't have an interview anywhere stating that Inafune has been approached (Or anyone at Capcom for that matter) and that Mega Man's now in Brawl. We have various assumptions, theories, and past events on our side, but we have no evidence that they will hold up January 28th. Think of it this way: What if nobody particularly wanted Mega Man in Brawl anyway? Then this podcast would be taken as undeniable proof that he was out because there is nothing to contradict it. However, we have contradicted it, but we have no solid proof to back us up. If there was an interview that stated Inafune was lying, then things would be different. But we don't have that, so we can only go along with what we believe.

Not that I think Chi's right. I still think Mega Man's in Brawl.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
He WAS on the poll, wasn't he? Sonic wasn't even on the poll. However, the poll choices were by Japanese fans, not Sakurai, I believe.

And that podcast... I find Inafune's words should have been put together differently. Surely he knew that podcast was going to be ripped apart by rabid internet beasts. If he needed to keep a secret, he should have been vague without leaning away from Mega Man's inclusion, then immediately towards a chance of his inclusion.

On the other hand, the trolling argument seems likely as well. If it were me, and Mega Man were in Brawl, I probably would have said "no" and left it at that. Or maybe added "Brawl sucks." but that might be too obvious.

You know BlueBomber, most people who keep popping in here to mention the podcast don't show up again. Ignoring them might work, and you deserve to be able to discuss something else by now.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Sorry to disagree with you, but I believe we don't. As much as I think (and hope) we're right, we have less concrete evidence then Chi. We don't have an interview anywhere stating that Inafune has been approached (Or anyone at Capcom for that matter) and that Mega Man's now in Brawl. We have various assumptions, theories, and past events on our side, but we have no evidence that they will hold up January 28th. Think of it this way: What if nobody particularly wanted Mega Man in Brawl anyway? Then this podcast would be taken as undeniable proof that he was out because there is nothing to contradict it. However, we have contradicted it, but we have no solid proof to back us up. If there was an interview that stated Inafune was lying, then things would be different. But we don't have that, so we can only go along with what we believe.

Not that I think Chi's right. I still think Mega Man's in Brawl.
we dont have anything recorded like the podcast, but there were multiple reports of people asking inafune if mega man was in brawl at his 20th anniversary event to which he replied "no comment"

also in january inafune if mega man would be in brawl and he said,"that would be a surprise now wouldnt it?" plus inafaune stated in the podcast he would like to see mm in brawl

to me, there is more evidence that his podcast comments are nothing more than a cover up. if mega man wasnt in, he would have just said it. not, "i hope they will contact me"

EDIT- you're prolly right aura

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I see how biases allow it to be unimportant to you (I would like MM to be in actually, but I can put biases aside), but the spin you guys give this is out of hand.

From a podcast that heavily decreases MM's chances, the ONLY explanations you guys come up with is:

-Inafune is lying, and keeping it from us.
-Inafune knows nothing about MM and is unaware of his inclusion in Brawl.
-The podcast is disregarded and "unimportant", but it suddenly becomes important to SOMEHOW prove that MM's chances have INCREASED from the podcast.

Yet, no one seems to think it could actually be true, because it would decrease his chances.

We all would like MM in, but can we stop with the outrageous bias and spin put on every detail? Fictional, but an example of your take on news: "Sakurai said he doesn't like Mega Man and doesn't want him in Brawl. Oh, that means MM is confiirmed because if he wasn't, Sakurai would have never mentioned his name!"

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
we dont have anything recorded like the podcast, but there were multiple reports of people asking inafune if mega man was in brawl at his 20th anniversary event to which he replied "no comment"

also in january inafune if mega man would be in brawl and he said,"that would be a surprise now wouldnt it?" plus inafaune stated in the podcast he would like to see mm in brawl

to me, there is more evidence that his podcast comments are nothing more than a cover up. if mega man wasnt in, he would have just said it. not, "i hope they will contact me"

EDIT- you're prolly right aura
Oops I forgot all about those instances. That first comment was neutral, the second one was positive, so he felt he needed a negative comment on the podcast, maybe?

Does anyone know if we have an active list of R.M.B. members? We should probably get one somewhere before the Brawl Boards get a "The Game Is Released Now" makeover.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace

That's the point I'm trying to make. Do any of those things you mentioned prove he's in?
No.
Does the podcast explicitly state he's not in?
Yes.
Was Inafune telling the truth?
Maybe, maybe not.

Once again, sorry for disagreeing, but I just want to get my point made. Don't think ill of me, please.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I see how biases allow it to be unimportant to you (I would like MM to be in actually, but I can put biases aside), but the spin you guys give this is out of hand.

From a podcast that heavily decreases MM's chances, the ONLY explanations you guys come up with is:

-Inafune is lying, and keeping it from us.
-Inafune knows nothing about MM and is unaware of his inclusion in Brawl.
-The podcast is disregarded and "unimportant", but it suddenly becomes important to SOMEHOW prove that MM's chances have INCREASED from the podcast.

Yet, no one seems to think it could actually be true, because it would decrease his chances.

We all would like MM in, but can we stop with the outrageous bias and spin put on every detail? Fictional, but an example of your take on news: "Sakurai said he doesn't like Mega Man and doesn't want him in Brawl. Oh, that means MM is confiirmed because if he wasn't, Sakurai would have never mentioned his name!"
chi, you're taking stuff to the extreme man. obviously there is a chance that inafune could be telling the truth. about a 50% chance to be correct.

but every comes in here saying," zoot omg mega man deconfirmed1!!1!!" when the podcast DID NOT deconfirm him.

the reasons we gave were just to prove that there is a chance inafune is covering up.

we all know mm could not be in this game, but this IS the Official Mega Man thread and we choose to look at the glass half-full instead of half-empty.

if you wanna be pessimistic go ahead, but dont try to force it on us

@goopy- i dont think ill of you lol. its just your opinion.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I haven't ruled out the possibility of Mega Man not being in Brawl, but it still doesn't seem like an outright "no" either. He could have mentioned that there was still time because MM was in Brawl and he just made it sound like he wasn't. You know, covering himself. Or he is VERY desperate to get MM in, and he was begging.

My whole point of confusion is with the fact that Inafune said there was still time. Maybe, but if you consider the Subspace Emissary, there's no way there is enough time.

So in conclusion, I'm thinking he told the truth by saying He himself had not been asked yet (he himself does not need to be asked), realized that sounded way too close to a deconformation statement, then tried to cover it up by saying there is still time.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i wish that will be good is inafune telling the truth or it will be bad that inafune telling a lie that megaman is not in smash bros brawl that means that the megaman fans will be disapointed it they not put megaman in brawl and i want megaman in smash bros brawl real badly so i cross my fingers on january if megaman will be in brawl and then i will also excited to play smash bros brawl.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
People...
Why are we still arguing about the podcast???
Just look at it objectively and drop it...
Yes Infuane said he had not been contacted for MM inclusion...
Its also true that he doesnt need to be contacted for MM inclusion...
He said theres still time for inclusion...
Brawl is too late in development for a character to be added now...
He specifically said he would like to see MM in Brawl...
That is something Nintendo wanted...
By the way...No Comment means...No Comment...
Not yes...not no...
More like...I cant/wont talk about this...
Im missing something...

EDIT:...
Ah yes...Infuane cant legally confirm MM in a private or public manner...

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
yea exactly, so why does everybody still think mega is deconfirmed. he isnt even aloud to announce him so i wouldnt even take anything he says with any integrity at all.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
ok lets talk mega man's up B.

i still say rush jet. it should last about as long as pits up B. and you should be able to fire buster pellets while riding. but as soon as rush leaves (either by being hit with an attack that stuns, or time runs out) you just free fall. if your thinking it will be broken, remember mm can only fire 3 pellets at a time

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, Brawl is NOT GOLD...

If the chance Megaman is not in, they could still contact CAPCOM

Of course, they would have already made his model and etc just like Sonic

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
*Posts MOVESET AGAIN*

A: Punch
AA: Double Punch
AAA: Double Punch followed by a Buster Club

> + A: Elbow Jab
^ + A: Overhead Swipe
V + A: Sweep Kick

Smash > + A: Shining Punch (Megaman's hand glows bright and delivers a strong punch
Smash V + A: Buster Shockwave (Megaman aims at the ground and fires a blast around him.
Smash ^ + A: Overhead Buster Club

Air: Punch
Fair: Drop Kick
Bair: Back Kick
Uair: Bicycle Kick
Dair: Double Foot Stomp

Dash Attack: Screw Kick

Grab: Normal Grab
Grab attack: Shoots opponent at close range with weak shots
Fthrow: Aims at opponent and charges buster shooting opponent at close range.
Bthrow: Back Toss
Uthrow: Throws opponent into the air then charges and fires a blast at the opponent.
Dthrow: Throws opponent onto the ground then charges and fires at opponent.

Taunt 1: Drinks an E-Tank (Similar to Young Link's taunt)
Taunt 2: Does a fist pump and says "Let's go!"
Taunt 3: Juggles a Soccer ball

B: Charged shot: A buster attack. Similar to Samus's. Just charge and shoot. Megaman's shot looks like his MM7 charged shot. Megaman can also shoot normal shots too. However unlike Samus, this attack can change via the Copy Grab which I'll explain later. Fully charged shot is slightly weaker than Samus's B attack but can do rapid fire by rapidly pressing B. But only the standard buster can rapid fire unless stated otherwise.

B + Up: Mega Upper: Megaman does a Dragon Punch attack with decent damage and gives Mega a boost of air.

B + Down: Slide Kick: Megaman will do a slide attack hitting opponents. This attack can also be done in the air. This gives Megaman a 2nd "You Must Recover" Move.

B + Foward: Copy Grab: Like Kirby, Megaman has the ability to copy powers from his opponents. By using the Copy Grab, Megaman will lunge foward and grab an opponent. (Similar to Bowser's Koopa Klaw) Here you can either pummel your opponent with punches. (By pressing A) Or you can scan your opponent for a new power (By holding B). This attack now becomes Megaman's B move. HOWEVER unlike Kirby, you don't get the opponents exact attack. Instead you get a robot master weapon based on the character themselves. So it makes this move much different from Kirby.

Mario: Fire Storm: Megaman shoots a fire blast foward. At the same time a mini fire shield circles Megaman protecting him from opponents who try to attack him while he uses this. Lasts for a split second.

Donkey Kong: Super Arm: Megaman will grab a huge block and throw it at his opponents. The block can be random. It may either be a huge brick block, and stone block, a ? block, a Smash Crate with items, a Thwomp, a Junk Block, a Temple of Time Block, or a Star Block. Other enemies can pick this up as well. Attack can be interupted. Also if the attack is interuppted then opponents can use the giant blocks as well but cannot move. (Well they can but only move as if carrying a heavy object.)

Link: Tornado Hold: Mega Man shoots a probe which creates a Tornado. If opponents are caught in it they take damage and get thrown up into the air. (Think like the Tornado in SSB64 Hyrule Castle)

Samus: Crash Bomb: Megaman will fire a bomb that can stick to walls or the floor. They go off after 5 seconds. Megaman can also take damage from this attack as well. You can pick up Crash Bombs and throw them again as well.

Yoshi: Bubble Lead: Mega Man fires a bubble which moves left and right. Hold B and press < or > to change it's direction. Based on Yoshi's Eggroll.

Kirby: Air Shooter: Megaman will fire 3 small tornados that don't do damage but will push the opponent back. It works sort of like FLUDD.

Fox: Gemini Laser: Megaman fires a laser beam that bounces off walls and obsticals. Not only that but it will bounce off other opponents!

Pikachu: Thunder Beam: Shoots 3 beams going up, down, and straight foward. It can pass through enemies but not obsticals.

Ness: Magnet Missle: Megaman fires a magnet which has some homing capibilites. This attack can be easily dodged. I got this from his PSI Magnet move.

Jigglypuff: Hard Knuckle: Megaman fires a fist forward. Hold B and press ^ or v to change the height of the fist.

Luigi: Atomic Fire: Megaman can fire a powerful fire blast. Charge it up for more damage. Charge it up for too long however and Megaman will self destruct.

C.Falcon: Scorch Wheel: Megaman fires a flaming wheel that goes foward.

Zelda: Leaf Shield: Summons a shield that can nullify attacks. It only lasts for a split second. Use it when you are about to be hit with a projectile.

Peach: Mirror Buster: I got this from Peach's Toad move. Megaman will create a mirror in front of him and send attacks back at the user.

Bowser: Top Spin: Megaman will spin fast like a top. Can be used on the ground. Hold B to keep spinning but spin too long and Megaman will become dizzy.

Ice Climbers: Ice Slasher: Megaman fires an ice slash foward. 1/20 chance freezing the opponent.

Mewtwo: Gravity Hold: Megaman can use this range attack to flip close opponents upward. Good for juggling combos. Attack is close range.

Ganondorf: Black Hole: Megaman creates a small moving black hole that does damage. Can absorb attacks too. Lasts for about 3 seconds before dissapearing.

Falco: (Assuming he gets a new moveset) Flash Bomb: Megaman fires a mine foward that builds up in power, attack it or throw an opponent into it to detonate it. Only one can be created at a time.

Marth: Knight Chain: Like Marth's Shield Breaker this attack can break the opponents shield.

Ike: Flame Sword: Megaman creates a flaming sword which is now an item. It acts like the beam sword. Other opponents can use it too if he throws it. If a flame sword is created then another one cannot be made until the first one dissapears.

Pit: Super Arrow: Fires a super arrow foward. Arrows can stick to walls and be used as platforms.

Metaknight: Slash Claw: A close range slash attack.

Charizard: Wave Burner: Shoots a flamethrower foward that goes up and down. Does multi hit damage. Use the control stick/pad to move the flame's direction.

Squirtle: Water Wave: Megaman creates a guyser in front of him. Good for sending your opponent into the air and do combos.

Ivysaur: Plant Barrier: Megaman creates a barrier around him. Press B to shoot it foward.

Game and Watch: Rush Coil: This attack is one time use. Set it as a trap and anyone who touches Rush gets sprung to their death. It is possible for Megaman to fall for this trap as well. If time goes by, Rush will yawn and teleport away and Megaman will have to recopygrab Game and Watch.

Diddy Kong: Break Dash: Megaman does a dash foward damaging opponents.

Wario: Napalm Bomb: Throws a bouncing bomb which can be thrown back at Megaman.

Zero Suit Sams: Wire Adapter: Megaman fires a wire that can bring opponents to him, also uses teather recovery.

Lucas: Search Snake: Megaman fires a snake which goes along the ground when near an opponent it jumps into the air and latches onto them attacking them. Opponents need to move to shake them off.

King Dedede: Sakugarne: Megaman jumps high into the air and comes down using a powerful pogostick like weapon.

Snake: Homing Sniper: Fires a homing missle at the opponent. Charge to fire up to 3 at once! If no opponent is around the missle backfires and hits Megaman. Also missles can be guided to attack Megaman.

Sonic: Metal Blade: Fires a metal blade. Hold B to charge power and use the control pad/stick to change it's direction.

Megaman or Kirby hatted Kirby: Various.

Final Smash: Super Adapter: Megaman merges with Rush and gains the ability to hover and his double jump is higher. Also Megaman loses the use of his B moves but his B standard move is replaced by the Mega Arm attack that does 20% damage but has huge knockback. (Usually a OHKO).

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Nice moveset, the only thing is I think that his sliding kick should go diagonally down whilst in the air, as Sonic's does. I really like the copy idea, one of the best I've seen so far.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I still gotta say his upb should be the Shoryuken/Buster uppercut from MvC the one that sends u fliying...

very fitting XD
im torn between the rush jet and the shoryuken. so i came up with a solution. its very unlikely to happen, but it pleases me lol

his up b while mm is in the air is rush jet, if hes on the ground its the shoryuken. itll change just like link's has different effect depending on whether he is on the groubd or in the air

Cless

Smash Champion
I still gotta say his upb should be the Shoryuken/Buster uppercut from MvC the one that sends u fliying...

very fitting XD
Meh, that was just to give him an anti-air. I think the Rush Jet fits better for an up b. Besides, the uppercut could be his up smash or something. Anti-airs aren't important in Smash because of the fighting system.

Top Bottom