• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Meh, that was just to give him an anti-air. I think the Rush Jet fits better for an up b. Besides, the uppercut could be his up smash or something. Anti-airs aren't important in Smash because of the fighting system.
Well, it's not like the uppercut has ONLY been in MvC. He's had it since the "Rockman 2: The Power Fighters" arcade game (where it could be used in stupid juggles, if two players, one being Forte/Bass and the other Rock, could just use their specials to juggle the enemy practically indefinitely :laugh:).

Still, if it were me, I would think that Beat would be a bit more appropriate for an Up+B. Remember how Beat could (sometimes) save your *** in MM7? He could just zip in, grab Rock, and you would have limited control to try and get back on the stage while Beat still had enough strength to pull Rock's metallic carcass from the brink.

When you're in the air, Beat gives you limited flight ability for like 3 seconds. But on the ground, summoning Beat would make it so that he could hang around, and do tag-team attacks with you (again, like he did in a number of the games, including Power Fighters), until he would fly away.

As for Rush? I'd save him for Down+B. It would summon Rush, in Jet Mode, who would immediately appear beneath Rock's feet, and then jet forward in a straight line. Rock would still be able to do any other action...including being able to jump off, and let his robotic canine serve as a "non-energy projectile". In any other instance, Rush would disappear automatically upon hitting something solid, or registering damage.

As an added bonus...it would be funny if, in team battles, Rockman's partner could also hop on Rush, if they were close enough... :laugh:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im not saying it should be an anti-air, just because it was in MvC u shouldnt assume I meant for it to be one in brawl as well, I want it as an Upb, and seeing how capcom HAS integrated the shoryuken on megaman before, why not again?

Stryks

Smash Hero
its easy:

in the air: He does an uppercut sending him semi-high upwards and moves mid-low horizontally, it gives one big hit if the attack hits someone, ala marths up b but a bit stronger...

on the ground: instead of doing the full jump, it does a small jump and gives the uppercut, being the area of attack smaller than on the air, it does more knockback/damage...

Cless

Smash Champion
I meant too many up b's that would work, not uppercut variations. I don't see why it'd be different in the air and on the ground though. Most up b's aren't.

Cless

Smash Champion
I said most up b's, but what combos? You're done after you use an up b. But why would the uppercut be differentin the air? Link's is like a helicopter in the air because there's nothing to spin off of I guess. Mario and Luigi seem to be able to do another uppercut without having differences between the air and ground versions.

Stryks

Smash Hero
it would be like idk like after u do a combo, and saying megaman has a meteor or spike, he sends them down, then quickly does the upb, having good knockback and all, the enemy will be far away enough for his upb to finish, IDK I just tought the idea was cool for megaman sheesh...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ok guys, lets say X made it instead of the blue bomber ok. (This is an example mind you of a freak accident, just go along with it) What would his poses be number one, and number two, how would his triple jump look like? That and which Ride Armor would he use for his FS?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ride armor for FS? lame IMO, I rather have the entire screen engulfing giga crush!! and the rest IDK...
You mean his Giga Attack with the Icarus Armor, Shadow Armor, Falcon Armor, Blade Armor, etc etc?

FYI: The Shadow Armor giga attack! Ohhhh yeah...huge crescent ninjastars on the screen= bad@$$.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Just thought I'd respost this.
Dude, not Megaman. CUT MAN. Eh, eh?

Anyways, in all seriousness, I think classic Megaman should get in. I also think copying opponents should be a no-no. Why? Because the blue bomber had 8 classic main games. Each game had 8 robot masters (I'm including Time Man and Oil Man from MM:pU) Each robot master had 1 weapon to copy. That's 64 weapons. Now then, let's consider this:
There were 4 boomerang weapons: Cut Man, Quick Man, Ring Man, Knight Man
7 bombs: Bomb Man, Crash Man, Drill Man, Napalm Man (I think), Flame Man (Considered a bomb because it explodes in a pillar of flame upon touching the floor), Burst Man, Grenade Man
2 beam weapons: Gemini Man, Cloud Man
19 missile/projectile weapons: Ice Man, Metal Man, Heat Man, Shadow Man, Spark Man, Magnet Man, Needle Man, Hard Man, Pharaoh Man, Dust Man, Dive Man, Gyro Man, Tomahawk Man, Wind Man, Yamato Man, Shade Man, Frost Man, Aqua Man, Search Man
6 shields (Can also be considered projectiles, since you shoot them out afterwards): Fire Man, Wood Man, Skull Man, Star Man, Plant Man, Junk Man
2 slides: Oil Man, Charge Man
2 close-range attacks: Slash Man, Sword Man
4 time weapons: Time Man, Flash Man, Bright Man, Centaur Man
8 spread weapons: Guts Man, Elec Man, Air Man, Stone Man, Crystal Man, Blizzard Man, Freeze Man, Spring Man
4 crawling weapons: Bubble Man, Snake Man, Wave Man (I think), Turbo Man
2 jump attacks: Top Man, Tengu Man
2 swarm weapons: Toad Man, Astro Man
1 grounding attack: Gravity Man
1 grappling hook: Clown Man

This makes 14 unique attacks, plus the mega buster, beat, rush, and the mega ball, which makes 18 unique attacks. And you want him to be a freaking KIRBY CLONE??? In fact, here's a move setup I've made for megaman:

Neutral A-(1%-10%, depending on how charged it is)Mega Buster. Can be charged.
Forward A-(5%-10%)Rolling Cutter. Flies in a complete circle and returns to megaman.
Up A-(11%-14%)Super Arm. Creates a Guts Block that can be thrown by pushing A again.
Down A-(7%-20%)Search Snake. Sends out a snake that crawls along any surface it touches. Disappears on contact with an enemy.
Dash A-(5%-11%)Charge Kick. Megaman does a dash, hurting opponents in his way.
Forward A Smash-(17%-20%)Metal Blade. Shoots out a metal razor disc.
Up A Smash-(11%-23%)Flame Blast. Creates a tall pillar of flame where Megaman stands.
Down A Smash-(1%-2%)Skull Barrier. Creates a barrier of skulls that damage anyone who touches it. It disappears if Megaman moves.
Forward A Arial-(8%-12%)Gyro Attack. Sends out a spinning wheel.
Backward A Arial-(7%-18%)Slash Claw. Megaman does a twist/slash in the air.
Up A Arial-(5%-11%)Wild Coil. Throws two coils in random directions that bounce off of surfaces. Disappears upon touching an enemy.
Down A Arial-(11%-17%)Top Spin. Megaman does a spin in the air.
Grab-(N/A)Thunder Claw. Grabs the opponent and pulls them closer. Can also be used for tether recovery.
Neutral B-(11%-18%)Thunder Beam. Shoots out an electric beam.
Left/Right B-(23%-31%)Crash Bomb. Shoots a missile that will latch onto an opponent, much like like the gooey bomb. If the victim is hit, the bomb will come off. Has a medium lag.
Up B-(19%-20%)Hyper Bomb. Megaman throws a bomb. Bomb explodes within 5 seconds of throwing.
Down B-(N/A)Time Slow. Causes any enemies in range to move half as slow for a short time.
Final Smash-(Don't know how much damage these do on average)Astro Crush. Causes meteors to rain down on the stage, damaging any who touch one.

Skins-Blue/Light Blue, Red/Gray, Black/Yellow, Rock(Before he was Megaman)

Stage-Wily's Lab. The players start on a platform in the middle of the teleporter room used to refight all 8 robot masters.When a teleporter flashes, one of eight robot masters from the first eight games appears out of it to fight on the stage. The music would be a medley of these 8 robot master's themes.

Assist Trophy-Rush. Rush will appear in jet form for anybody to jump on. After doing this, they can fly around, but only their basic A attack and B attack works.
Assist Trophy-Eddie. Eddie will appear and drop one random item, then disappear.
Assist Trophy-Beat. Beat will appear and fly around damaging any player it touches (1%-5%)

Item-Yashichi. Removes all damage from a player.
Item-Magnet Beam. Can create up to 5 vertical platforms that block all attacks.
Item-Mattaur Helm. Blocks one attack.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
not too bad actually, i mean its been done but you did it pretty well. and stryks i had the same idea about x as well for FS, giga crush could be the only one to work, its perfect if its x

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
If it was X...
Shoryuken would have to be his /\B...
And...Ultimate Armor...as FS...
The armor would collect energy from the damage MM recieves...
And after a time limit...
That damage is released a la Giga Crush...
Taunts...
uh...
hmmm...
Thumbs...up???
Pulls up blaster...
Teleports in Zero...or not...
Oh...did anyone else notice the "no updates until Jan. 7" thing at the Dojo???

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
You guys heard about the nuise?? dont mean to crush your spirits but if Megaman got into brawl, who should he associat with him in brawl?

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
Who thinks megaman aint gettin in the brawl bcoz of that new news? Hope yall dont attack me like that othr thread people did.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
You guys heard about the nuise?? dont mean to crush your spirits but if Megaman got into brawl, who should he associat with him in brawl?
Alright...what???
Please restate this in the form of a fully detailed statement...
If its about the podcast...read the last 50 or so pages to see our opinion...
over and over and over...

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
See thats wat im sayin to osco. I try to makes up some good aguments and youall peoples attackin me. Im gonna report that wat you said though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Are you a little kid?
I already know the answer. It's posted above me! :laugh:

As for Mega Man's Final Smash....*points at Marvel vs. Capcom* Ya, THAT! Or...Mega Man could summon Tengo, Rush, etc. to help him, and they become invincible and blast the hell out of everyone on the stage. :laugh: C'mon, you know that would be AWSOME! :)

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
No, becauses zero aint der main character likes megaman but i wants to see bass make it in the brawl! maybe as an assisst trophy?

Cless

Smash Champion
I already know the answer. It's posted above me! :laugh:

As for Mega Man's Final Smash....*points at Marvel vs. Capcom* Ya, THAT! Or...Mega Man could summon Tengo, Rush, etc. to help him, and they become invincible and blast the hell out of everyone on the stage. :laugh: C'mon, you know that would be AWSOME! :)
I just want Mega Man's FS to be Hyper Mega Man. It just makes the most sense to me. He'd rain death beams and death missiles everywhere.

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
See thats wat I mean. I gives ma opinon and I gets attacked by you **** racists. Thats why I gets people like you infaracatons!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
See thats wat I mean. I gives ma opinon and I gets attacked by you **** racists. Thats why I gets people like you infaracatons!
If your insinuating that him asking you to correct your spelling and grammar is racist, then I say YOUR the one being racist insinuating that's what he meant...

In other words...YOUR the only one that thinks being of a specific race means the lack of knowledge of grammar and spelling

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lets hope...
Lets hope......
Let's not, becuase we don't want to get our hopes up for nothing. :urg:

Let's pray instead! :laugh:

New subject...
If Zero were to get into Brawl and not MM...
What would be your say???
I'd headbutt my monitor, and pretend it never happened! :)

I just want Mega Man's FS to be Hyper Mega Man. It just makes the most sense to me. He'd rain death beams and death missiles everywhere.
I know, and that would be AWSOME! :)

@ Cold Beans
How are we racist if we don't even know what race you are=??? Just use at least decent grammar (we don't care about spelling, as long as it's readable; we all typo here and there), and stop complaining and whinning.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Im not attacking you...
I was trying to communicate that your comments were gramatically challenged...and thus difficult to read...
Also...how can my comments be considered racist when I dont know anything about you???

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
No becuases I said wat I beleves and he come in and attacks ma opinon. I didnt say notin to him in the first place! so **** off!

Top Bottom