• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Cless

Smash Champion
The game is not gold and Inafune isn't his only creator. We're done with the podcast. We've provided reasons why it could not mean anything, which is just as possible as the whole thing being completely true. Thank you for your time.

What sucks most is that if Nintendo didn't even ask about MM, they probably didn't ask about other characters.

EDIT: Well no crap that the podcast isn't definitive. But seriously Cless, you act as if it is completely unimportant, and argue that just because Inafune, the one person people consider as the creator of Mega Man, says they didn't contact him, they could have contacted someone else - but seriously, the fact of the matter is that Inafune would know about this kind of thing. He's still actively involved in Mega Man.

Cless

Smash Champion
And, even if he does know about, he wouldn't be allowed to say anything about Mega Man's inclusion. All are valid points, so there's no real use arguing about it. The podcast is either completely unimportant or it's Mega Man's deconfirmation. Those are the only possibilities.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
The game is not gold and Inafune isn't his only creator. We're done with the podcast. We've provided reasons why it could not mean anything, which is just as possible as the whole thing being completely true. Thank you for your time.
First of all, read the link: http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/showthread.php?p=200592#post200592

Second, if the main creator doesn't have some clue, unless he was told to lie, then it's a pretty clear cut deconfirm. look, I WANT Mega Man in Brawl, but I'm not going to be a fool.

Wish I wouldn't have been so busy when this news initially came out, would have been more fun to argue.

And you can be "done with the podcast" if you want, but that just means you are done with reason. I may not agree with everything they say, but most of the time, they are right. This looks like one of those times.

Even though we all hope they are wrong.

Cless

Smash Champion
First of all, read the link: http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/showthread.php?p=200592#post200592

Second, if the main creator doesn't have some clue, unless he was told to lie, then it's a pretty clear cut deconfirm. look, I WANT Mega Man in Brawl, but I'm not going to be a fool.

Wish I wouldn't have been so busy when this news initially came out, would have been more fun to argue.

And you can be "done with the podcast" if you want, but that just means you are done with reason. I may not agree with everything they say, but most of the time, they are right. This looks like one of those times.

I was reading that Panda said that was a mistranslation of sorts. Whatever, either way is fine.

I'm not going to be a fool either. We argued about the podcast for days. It's old news. No one cares anymore. It's either a death warrant or Inafune funning with the community. We aren't going to know for sure until the game comes out or there's a rest of the third parties post on the dojo.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
I was reading that Panda said that was a mistranslation of sorts. Whatever, either way is fine.

I'm not going to be a fool either. We argued about the podcast for days. It's old news. No one cares anymore. It's either a death warrant or Inafune funning with the community. We aren't going to know for sure until the game comes out or there's a rest of the third parties post on the dojo.
Don't listen to the haters dude. There's no telling whether or not that guy actually went back and read our whole discussion over the podcast, because you wouldn't think he'd be bringing up such moot topics if he had. Or, maybe he did read everything and he simply thinks we're still in denial. Whatever the case, you can pretty much derive whatever meaning from something that you want, much like you can see a certain shape in the clouds while someone else can see a completely different shape. Of course the megaman fans are going to be optimistic about the podcast. While we don't ignore statements made by Inafune such as "Nintendo hasn't called me yet", we take such a statement with a grain of salt (or 2 or 3) given the fact that he sounded somewhat mischievous while saying that.

I really want to start arguing that again but I'm not going to.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
Just like Sakurai didn't lie about not putting that much emphasis on Japan only characters.
Was that meant to be a counter-argument, or are you defending his point? I don't know about the Japan-only characters reference, so I'm just trying to understand.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
actually, he is not permitted at all to hint about inclusion, or say hes deconfirmed. that is why we dont take inafunes word with any integrity at all. if he isnt aloud to really confirm or deconfirm than why listen to him at all about that subject, only sakurai can confirm or deconfirm a character not inafune, whether he knows about mm being in or out hes not aloud to say so......he means nothing in the debate over mm in brawl.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
The way Inafune put it sounded like he was deconfirmed. Everyone everywhere is coming to that assumption. So what Inafune should of done was word it differently so the answer neither confirms or denys anything.

Example: "I really love the Smash Brothers series and I think it would be great for Mega Man to be in, but it's not up to me wether he is in Brawl or not. I personally haven't heard anything about it yet since I'm too busy. Perhaps one of my superiors know something I don't. Anyways all I can say is to cross your fingers and hope for the best.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
actually, he is not permitted at all to hint about inclusion, or say hes deconfirmed. that is why we dont take inafunes word with any integrity at all. if he isnt aloud to really confirm or deconfirm than why listen to him at all about that subject, only sakurai can confirm or deconfirm a character not inafune, whether he knows about mm being in or out hes not aloud to say so......he means nothing in the debate over mm in brawl.
This is true

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
that would have been sooo much better, there would be a smaller amount of people coming in here and completely assuming that hes deconfirmed for one thing. yea he could have worded it much better than he did, he not aloud to say if hes in or not so why didnt he word it differently??

Cless

Smash Champion
that would have been sooo much better, there would be a smaller amount of people coming in here and completely assuming that hes deconfirmed for one thing. yea he could have worded it much better than he did, he not aloud to say if hes in or not so why didnt he word it differently??
And there's an argument that could be used for his deconfirmation.

Card

Smash Lord
Slightly off-topic, and perhaps this has been posted before in the thread or elsewhere (I tried searching but couldn't find anything... so if it has I apologize)

I think Mega Man fans can relate with this video...

『Can't Beat Air Man』
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXtTf...eature=related

Its a rock song thats all over nowadays.
Can't Beat Air Man is a song just about that... how difficult Air Mans level is in Mega Man 2. This is a fan based video that is pretty well done, and shows the lyrics which I find simply hilarious!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mega-man has no chance of getting in brawl because he won't make any sense!!
Ya, because Sonic and Snake really are the "usual" smash bros characters. Stop trolling, AND GTFO!

You know, I want to see Mega Man in over any character that hasn't been confirmed so far, but I amazed how much denial people are in.

I mean the creator says he isn't in and the game goes gold a week later. Yet people are still discussing him.

I may want him in badly, but reality check folks. Unless what Panda said in the podcast is true and they had the character made and just hadn't asked yet, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The only shred of possibility for this was that they said Sakari would be making Brawl even before they asked him.

So possible yes, but his chances went down 10 fold.
NOTHING OUTSIDE THE DOJO, NINTENDO, WHAT SAKURAI SAYS, OR THE FINAL GAME CONFIRMS OR DECONFIRMS ANYTHING!

Besides, my sources tell me that Capcom is indeed "The Studio". And there are as many Capcom musicians as SEGA from the famed group of "the Musicians". O, and not to mentioning NO ONE BUT SAKURAI is allowed to confirm a third party character.

Lastly, Sakurai mentioned after Snake he'd like to add 1 or 2 more 3rd party characters (off the top of his head, which means at least one, but likely two, and possibly three or four probably). He was thinking of SONIC AND MEGA MAN=the two most reconizable 3rd-party characters EVER! Then when he saw Geno's high poll results, he probably went ahead to Square Enix to add Geno.

And if Mega Man's father says "he's not in Brawl", and a few days later says "No comment", doesn't that sound a little fishy=??? Honestly, the same thing was done with Sonic. And Square Enix and Capcom have this little "code" going that follows something similar to what SEGA did, and it could be Brawl related.

He was Mega Man's official artist, not creator. That news is so old. Read what I wrote above. And have you ever heard of a little thing we've all done in our lives called lying=??? Yes, he could have lied. Tell me the President of SEGA of Europe wasn't lying, and I'll crack up. She knew, but she wanted to mindgame us, and get us off her back.

O, and "No Comment" is basically a confirmation. We all know that, so lying or giving a long boring speech is the best way out of it. If he was to say "We'll see" that means he's in the game. And if he REALLY wanted Mega Man in Brawl, he would have been smart enough to go ahead and pursue it already. Not to mention Mega Man is set to be in fighting game on the Wii in 2008 that is really big. Boy, that's nothing like smash. [/sarcasm] What is Mega Man going to be in, Dragon Ball Z Budokai 7=??? :laugh:

Point is, this interview means NOTHING! It's not from Nintendo (notice no official Nintendo websites included it), it's not from Sakurai, and it's not on the Dojo. O, and he said he wanted Mega Man in. He could have also meant his public confirmation. Just wait and see it out before jumping to conclusions foolishly.

Besides, what would you say if a character you created was in Brawl (the biggest fighting game ever, and the biggest game of 2008), and you didn't want to spoil it=??? Exactly. :cool: So at this point it's either Mega Man is in Brawl with possibly one or more other third party characters, or we get no third party characters AT ALL!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Funfact: Inafune likes that fan remix.

But you all probably already know. XD

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
For some reason I cannot submit an edit on my previous post... (I suppose the boards are lagging?)

Anyways the proper link can be found here for the "Can't Beat Air Man" video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXtTfHDIhI8
HAHAHA! That's funny as hell!

I remember I had a lot of trouble with Air Man the first time I played Megaman2. The song is perfect.

(F**king tornadoes.)

binki4

Smash Apprentice
you know That inafune not to do that in first place because that his fault to not say that no megaman in brawl for now the megaman fans have worried about megaman make apeared in smash bros BRAWL and i disapointed of that word that inafune was saying and i am waiting that long for megaman in brawl and i tired of it and make me sick of it in 2008 i want to see megaman in brawl inmedly right now this month on

SkarmoryDarkPulse

Smash Rookie
believe me, i am NO fan of megaman, but personally i'd love to see him in, it would be nice to see another character created in the retro days duke it out with mario, i've been reading some of you guys's posts and from what i'm getting out of it he was deconfirmed by the guy who created him or did the artwork for him, but arent they sworn to secrecy if they put the character in? sonic was, and if he was asked "Will we see megaman in brawl?" how would he have anwsered that without giving it away that he was in, theres a very very good chance hes not going to make it but the hope is not gone, i'm not very familiar with the legal process of adding 3rd parties but it might not have had to gone through this guy for megaman to be added, and maybe the person who gave permission to add him cant tell anyone

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, I haven't played Air Man's stage in a while, but it couldn't have been that bad if I beat it. Hmm, maybe I should go play it again.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
YAY! SUPER EPIC LENGTH POST OF THE DAY!(just to catch up a bit, ill be posting more often now)

If anything, I'm hoping his side-b is Rolling Cutter. Or Slash Claw! That would rock. But, only if Rolling Cutter is part of his moveset.
side B could be drill shot, its a move that both classic and X share(so they can be alts) and it would have a interesting "draging" multiple hit effect.
Whaaaaa? How is the metal blade in Megaman 2 broken? Care to explain?
you basicaly cant miss with it, and it is useful against almost every boss.
If X and Zero get in then there should be 20 songs.

1: Central Highway MMX
2: Storm Eagle MMX
3: Wheel Gator MMX2
4: Iris's theme MMX4
5: Blaze heatnix MMX6
6: CYCLOPS Ride Armor MMX8
7: "WILD FANG" MMX8
8: Intro MMX8
9: Intro MHX
10: X vs Zero MMX5
11: Cannonball MMZ3
12: Neo Arcadia MMZ2
13: Esperanto MMZ4
14: Max Heat MMZ4
15: Fall of Ragnarok: MMZ4
16: Area A: MMZX
17: Serpent HQ: MMZX
18: Train: MMZXA
19: Trap Phantasam: MMZXA
20: Area D: MMZX
you realy planed this out didnt you? my smaller list would be like:
1.highway(remix)
2.Zero theme
3.maverick boss battle(X5 style)
4.doctor dopplers stage(X3)
5.Sigma battle theme(remix from X collection disc)
so true bb, and the podcast is sooo over now. oh and thanks on the comment of my sig aqua rock. anyways i was thinking if playing as megaman in brawl you would have to have the slide. so, i think a good way to use it would be crouching than A not at the same time so it is more like a tilt downward than A. any other ideas
well in our opinion it was debunked. And by that we mean the IMPORTANCE of it being a Mega Man deconformation was debunked, not the podcast itself. that indeed was real and did take place

@ hunter-x- i prefer a dsmash for it. stryks wants it as a running a, some people have said down b, and now you say dtilt lol. everyone has a different idea for the slide lol
glad all the podcast arguments blew over while I was gone.:laugh:
I like your idea a lot BB. Mega Man could really use some mindgames to go along with his moveset. After all, I couldn't really see any of his attacks being particularly mindgameable, but the Slide trick could work wonders.

Also:
Storm Eagle (Megaman X)
My version of the Storm Eagle theme from MMX. And guess what, it's rock! How original of me! Enjoy.

Check your volume settings.
hehe, nice. but I disagree with the slide attack...unless it was a dash with the same effects, finally, a dash that you could easily reverese to keep from the after dash pain.
My personal fave irregulars would have to be Wheel Alligates(Gator) and Magmard Dragoon.

What can I say? I like the lizards. ^_^
I liked magma dragoon too"sharyuken!" "hadoken, hadoken!"*fire breath attack*"sharyuken!". I am more partial to the extra hunters like vile, bit, or byte myself.
People...
Why are we still arguing about the podcast???
Just look at it objectively and drop it...
Yes Infuane said he had not been contacted for MM inclusion...
Its also true that he doesnt need to be contacted for MM inclusion...
He said theres still time for inclusion...
Brawl is too late in development for a character to be added now...
He specifically said he would like to see MM in Brawl...
That is something Nintendo wanted...
By the way...No Comment means...No Comment...
Not yes...not no...
More like...I cant/wont talk about this...
Im missing something...

EDIT:...
Ah yes...Infuane cant legally confirm MM in a private or public manner...
He speaks the truth!
ok lets talk mega man's up B.

i still say rush jet. it should last about as long as pits up B. and you should be able to fire buster pellets while riding. but as soon as rush leaves (either by being hit with an attack that stuns, or time runs out) you just free fall. if your thinking it will be broken, remember mm can only fire 3 pellets at a time
"sharyuken!" I like the flameing upper cut. not only is it something no one has(luigi doesnt count!) but it is also a move classic and X share.
I also have an X/Zero team moveset if you perfer the X series Megaman.
please yes!
Ok guys, lets say X made it instead of the blue bomber ok. (This is an example mind you of a freak accident, just go along with it) What would his poses be number one, and number two, how would his triple jump look like? That and which Ride Armor would he use for his FS?
1.thumbs up with head gem thing shine.
2.looks off into the distance
3.IDK about the third one. if zero isnt his partner(if X makes it in without him) then zero could pop in.
jump, jump, foot jet with two jets(kinda like pikachu) with adjustable directions.
goliath armor(I know it was viles, but it was totaly awsome) or the ride armor-H type(missles and flying for the win!) but he would most likely get one of his normal armors as a final smash.

If it was X...
Shoryuken would have to be his /\B...
And...Ultimate Armor...as FS...
The armor would collect energy from the damage MM recieves...
And after a time limit...
That damage is released a la Giga Crush...
Taunts...
uh...
hmmm...
Thumbs...up???
Pulls up blaster...
Teleports in Zero...or not...
Oh...did anyone else notice the "no updates until Jan. 7" thing at the Dojo???
ya, I did. but I dont like the thought of a giga crush attack unless the armor is like the wario man FS. cause then you would be able to choose between the crush attack or your armor depending on the situation.
New subject...
If Zero were to get into Brawl and not MM...
What would be your say???
"what is he fighting fooooorr!??!" energy tank to who gets the reference.
That would be really dumb. But I guess we're being hypothetical. I'd probably enjoy Zero in Brawl more than Mega Man.
...I might a little too, but we would have to go without quite a few things too so I cant totally agree.
should old bass be a playble charcter though?
no.
Classic will get in...
Were just talking hypothetically...
I'm aware of that. I'm just trying make new discussion in this thread, and curb it away from a certain subject. Hopefully I was successful.

Edit: I still think we need a slogan for the RMB. How about the quote in my sig (made by Stryks). It perfectly captures our stance in MM's inlcusion.
am I the only one who thinks classic isnt so 100% the one in? IDC if so, just curious.
id be pissed if it was the newer zero. if it was the X series zero, id be mad but id get over it
ya, I would only be happy with it if it was X zero, the new zero just hasnt grown on me.
X/Zero team up.

X Moveset "I'm ready!"

A: Punch
AA: Double Punch
AAA: Double Punch followed by a Buster Club

Tilt Foward A: Elbow Jab
Tilt Up A: Overhead Swipe
Tilt Down A: Sweep Kick

Smash Foward A: Face Grab and Exert Energy. (X hand glows and grabs the opponent by the face and exerts energy) "RAAAHH!!"
Smash Up A: Overhead Buster Club "Take this!"
Smash Down: Buster Shockwave (X aims his buster to the ground and fires a blast creating a small shockwave.)

Air A: Air Punch
Fair: Aireal Dash
Bair: Back Kick
Uair: Aireal Uppercut
Dair: Meteor Spike (X punches downward sending the opponent strait down)

Grab: Normal Grab
Grab Attack: Shoots opponent with weak shots
Fthrow: Aims at opponents body and fires a charged shot at close range
Bthrow: Back Toss(maybe a back drop instead?)
Uthrow: Throws opponent into the air then shoots a charged shot at them(also could rapid fire them.)
Dthrow: Throws opponent onto the ground and fires a charged shot at them

Dash Attack: Power Dash

Taunt 1: Teleports summoning Zero. X: "Let's switch out!" Zero: "It's my turn now..."
Taunt 2: X salutes and says "Here I go!"
Taunt 3: X takes off his helmet, then puts it back on.

B moves

B: X-Buster: X fires a shot that can be charged. Same like Samus. Press B rapidly to fire 3 quick shots. With Final Smash activated the charged shot becomes stronger. Normal shots do 2-3%. A level 1 charge does 10-12%, a level 2 does 18-20% and a level 3 (Final Smash required) does a whopping 40% damage. "Take that!"(dont forget he can move during all of this.)

B + Foward: Boomerang Cutter: X fires a boomerang cutter forward. The more you hold the button the more power it acquires and the further the length. When it hits an opponent it does 15% damage. It also has the ability to bring items to you. (Even final smash balls!) "Boomerang cutter!"(hmm....I would like something more like neon tigers ray attack, it covers a area in front of you and would be good for croud control*also my favorite move from X3* but that move works. also dont forget the drill attack, another move X and classic share.)

B + Up: Storm Tornado: X creates a tornado around him which is a vertical pillar, this rises X up in the air and the angle of the Tornado can be changed slightly. Opponents caught in the Tornado spin around and are thrown into the air and take 10% damage. This also sets up for combo attacks. "Storm Tornado!"(like I said earlier"sharyuken!")

B + Down: Rolling Shield: X creates a barrier around him protecting him from enemy projectiles. Opponents that hit the barrier take damage (15%) but the shield dissapears and must be recreated. "Rolling Shield!"(theres also thunder triad!)

Final Smash: Ultimate Armor: X acquires the Ultimate Armor from X4-X6 and now has his attack and defense doubled. Also his Dash attack is now the Nova Strike which does 50% and has huge knockback which usually amounts to a OHKO. "RAAAAH!!"

Zero's moveset. "Let's get started..."

A: Slash. "Ya!"
AA: 2X Slash "You."
AAA: 3X Slash "YO!"
AAA+: Renyoudan: Zero's saber becomes the D-Galiave and stabs repeatedly with it. "HYEA!"

Tilt Foward A: Hilt Thrust: Attacks the opponent with the hilt of his saber.
Tilt Up A: Overhead Slash.
Tilt Down A: Sweep Kick

Smash Foward A: Youdantotsu: Zero lunges foward with his saber stabbing the opponent hard once. "YOUDANTOTSU!"(thats the stab you get with the electric effects right? I dont do well with his attack names)
Smash Up A: Galiave Triwl: Zero's saber becomes the D-Galiave and twirls it above him dealing multiple hits. "HEYA!"
Smash Down: Dairettsui: Zero's saber becomes the T-Breaker and smashes the ground with it creating a small shockwave. "YEAH!"

Air A: Spin Slash
Fair: Low Kick
Bair: Back Kick
Uair: Rising Slash
Dair: Aims his Saber towards the floor and comes down with it.

Grab: Normal Grab
Grab Attack: Punches the opponent in face.
Fthrow: Chest Punch: Punches the opponent in the chest hard sending them flying.
Bthrow: Back Suplex
Uthrow: Force Push: Zero's saber becomes the B-Fan and creates a force shield which pushes your opponent into the air.(I think he should throw them into the air and stab them into the air even further)
Dthrow: Giga Punch: Zero throws his opponent on the ground then "Giga Punches" their back.

Dash Attack: Dashing Slash.

Taunt 1: Teleports summoning X. Zero: " Take over!" X: "I'll take it from here."
Taunt 2: Zero does his standard triple slash standing still. "YA YOU YO!"(no, he should do his thumbs up instead)
Taunt 3: Zero cracks his knuckles.

B moves

B: Juuhazan: Zero lunges back then strikes with a powerful slash attack, it does around 25% - 30% damage and has the ability to break shields when fully charged. "Juuhazan!"(what about the Z-buster?)

B + Foward: Raikousen: Zero dissapears, dashes foward then reappears leaving a trail of electricity that does about 15% damage. Also throws opponents up into the air a bit. "Raikousen!"

B + Up: Hyouryuushou: Zero will do a spinning saber attack that is ice-based. In the air it makes Zero go higher. It does around 10% damage but also has a chance of freezing the opponent but rarely. "Hyouryuushou!"

B + Down: Enkoujin: Zero takes his saber and strikes the ground creating a pillar of fire. It does about 20% damage. In the air Zero comes down creating a huge pillar of fire doing the same damage. "Enkoujin!"

Final Smash: Tenshouha: Zero does a giga attack and creates a powerful beam of light where he punches the ground. The beam stays there for about 30 seconds after the attack is activated. Those dumb enough to walk into the beam take 15% damage but also get huge knockback which is an instant OHKO. You can use this to throw you enemies into the beam. Zero is uneffected by his own beam. "Tenshouha!"
ya. pretty good from what I can tell.

Zero and MegaMan team up like Ice Climbers would be like a wet deam.
It would be more like Zelda / Sheik in Melee. And yes, that's also my favourite choice for Brawl.
what he said, more like a switch team rather than double team.
Either Classic, X, or a team up of X and Zero.
there is also the possibility of a classic/proto team up with a zero/X alt, but that is realy pushing it.
What sucks most is that if Nintendo didn't even ask about MM, they probably didn't ask about other characters.

EDIT: Well no crap that the podcast isn't definitive. But seriously Cless, you act as if it is completely unimportant, and argue that just because Inafune, the one person people consider as the creator of Mega Man, says they didn't contact him, they could have contacted someone else - but seriously, the fact of the matter is that Inafune would know about this kind of thing. He's still actively involved in Mega Man.
Don't listen to the haters dude. There's no telling whether or not that guy actually went back and read our whole discussion over the podcast, because you wouldn't think he'd be bringing up such moot topics if he had. Or, maybe he did read everything and he simply thinks we're still in denial. Whatever the case, you can pretty much derive whatever meaning from something that you want, much like you can see a certain shape in the clouds while someone else can see a completely different shape. Of course the megaman fans are going to be optimistic about the podcast. While we don't ignore statements made by Inafune such as "Nintendo hasn't called me yet", we take such a statement with a grain of salt (or 2 or 3) given the fact that he sounded somewhat mischievous while saying that.

I really want to start arguing that again but I'm not going to.
The way Inafune put it sounded like he was deconfirmed. Everyone everywhere is coming to that assumption. So what Inafune should of done was word it differently so the answer neither confirms or denys anything.

Example: "I really love the Smash Brothers series and I think it would be great for Mega Man to be in, but it's not up to me wether he is in Brawl or not. I personally haven't heard anything about it yet since I'm too busy. Perhaps one of my superiors know something I don't. Anyways all I can say is to cross your fingers and hope for the best.
cant we let this topic die?

Slightly off-topic, and perhaps this has been posted before in the thread or elsewhere (I tried searching but couldn't find anything... so if it has I apologize)

I think Mega Man fans can relate with this video...

『Can't Beat Air Man』
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXtTf...eature=related

Its a rock song thats all over nowadays.
Can't Beat Air Man is a song just about that... how difficult Air Mans level is in Mega Man 2. This is a fan based video that is pretty well done, and shows the lyrics which I find simply hilarious!
funny I found air mans stage very easy.
also on the same note I beat heatman's stage(MM2) on my first try. I just used powers like that little jet to skip ceartain parts that were difficult.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't really care. Just for future reference, and remember, the Shoryuken has priority over life.

That full length Air Man video has so many anime references and memes. That had to have been made by someone who goes to 2ch.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Re: If Zero got in over a TRUE Blue Bomber...

Honestly, if I had to pick a version of Zero, it would probably be RMZ-style. The multiple weapons, and overall sleeker style would just do more for me, as opposed to X-series, who seems more bulky in comparison.

But nevertheless, I would truly call it a cop-out if Zero got in over any version of Rockman, even Ryuusei/Star Force. I'd rather have that dork, than have Zero represent the entirety of the Rockman franchise. To do so otherwise would be like, to me, have some one like Soma Cruz represent the Castlevania camp, in spite of personalities like Alucard, and ESPECIALLY Simon Belmont, who deserve that spot more.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Re: If Zero got in over a TRUE Blue Bomber...

Honestly, if I had to pick a version of Zero, it would probably be RMZ-style. The multiple weapons, and overall sleeker style would just do more for me, as opposed to X-series, who seems more bulky in comparison.

But nevertheless, I would truly call it a cop-out if Zero got in over any version of Rockman, even Ryuusei/Star Force. I'd rather have that dork, than have Zero represent the entirety of the Rockman franchise. To do so otherwise would be like, to me, have some one like Soma Cruz represent the Castlevania camp, in spite of personalities like Alucard, and ESPECIALLY Simon Belmont, who deserve that spot more.
I would personaly prefere any form of zero over star force(and exe.), but that is just me.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, me too.

Also, Air Man's stage is not hard. Air Man himself it a different story though. He can put the tornadoes in a formation you can't dodge, and you can't shoot through them. Does the weapon he's weak against go through the tornadoes?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Yeah, me too.

Also, Air Man's stage is not hard. Air Man himself it a different story though. He can put the tornadoes in a formation you can't dodge, and you can't shoot through them. Does the weapon he's weak against go through the tornadoes?
nah, it doesnt(I dont think, I always beat him first, so I wouldnt realy know). also I found him easier than his stage. you just have to shoot and try to jump over that first tornado and you will win. but I did ind Ice man a different story... his attacks did like 1/3 health per shot!

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
I would personaly prefere any form of zero over star force(and exe.), but that is just me.
Why's that?

To me, the most important thing is that, if a Rockman gets in the game, he HAS to be blue. Putting Zero in would be more of a cop-out to me, just because it would do more to appease his legions of fanboys (including Inafune), rather than really doing anything to present what the franchise is all about...which is predominantly about the misadventures of a blue robot-dude who goes around blowing crap up.

So, that's why I would personally take even Ryuusei's Subaru over Zero. Hate him as much as I may do, it still would end up doing more to say that Capcom recognizes what the series is about.

Cless

Smash Champion
Ice Man is the easiest boss ever. Three shots with Elec Man's weapon and he's done.

Air Man can throw out the tornadoes so that you can't jump over them though, and since there's no slide in this game...

Why's that?

To me, the most important thing is that, if a Rockman gets in the game, he HAS to be blue. Putting Zero in would be more of a cop-out to me, just because it would do more to appease his legions of fanboys (including Inafune), rather than really doing anything to present what the franchise is all about...which is predominantly about the misadventures of a blue robot-dude who goes around blowing crap up.

So, that's why I would personally take even Ryuusei's Subaru over Zero. Hate him as much as I may do, it still would end up doing more to say that Capcom recognizes what the series is about.
Those ******* games are about a kid who goes around with a chip that has a blue robot on it. Not the blue robot. They aren't Mega Man games and do nothing to represent the franchise. Zero had his own series of real Mega Man games.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
...Is it okay to say that I enjoy the Star Force game? ;_;

But yeah, the only Mega Man that ever deserves a Brawl spot is Classic OR Legend. And MAYBE X.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Why's that?

the zero half of megaman seems to be becomeing bigger more and more, so I wouldnt say that is totally true.
Ice Man is the easiest boss ever. Three shots with Elec Man's weapon and he's done.

Air Man can throw out the tornadoes so that you can't jump over them though, and since there's no slide in this game...
ice man isnt so easy when he is the first boss you fight.:urg:
and I was able to jump over his tornados, so I dont see the problem.

on a different subject, I think I may have figured out the megaman time line.

1.doctor light creates his robots with wily's help.
2.wily takes control of the robots who are naturely good natured with a control program.
3.megaman defeates all of wily's robot's....until zero comes along.
4.zero defeates classic, but then has no target.
5.the program goes out of control and causes zero to attack wily.
6.wily is destroyed by zero, but the program then shuts zero down attempting to prevent this, but was too late.
7.with no more problems around doctor light creates X, just in case zero is reactivated.
8. X is found and reploids are made.
9.with so many reploids that share similarities, they are considered targets by the program. the program infects other reploids infecting many other.
10. sigma battles zero, breaks that thing on zeros head, and releases the virus.
11.sigma becomes one with the virus, zero was freed from the program in time to avoid sigma ifluense.
12.sigma has influence over the other maveriks and isnt considered a target due to having the program himself. so its sort of like a hive mind sort of thing.
13.Zero is "destroyed" by sigma.
14.Zero lives on as a flaoting program, kinda like sigma has been doing alot.
15.zero is brought back.
16.sigma is destroyed, but the program itself is finaly being targeted, leading to elf wars.
17. the elf wars rage, X becomes a spirit type program as well, zero self upgrades into his new look.
18. X and zero get turned into biometals which then become megaman ZX.
19.(sorry I dont know much past this point so it would be nice if someone filled in this spot)
20.the world is now under the control of humans, but maveriks(a.k.a. iregullars) create eurasia.(or whatever that giant satelite in legends is called) in order to empty the world of humans.
21. trigger becomes a normal reploid and stops the satelight from doing its programing.
22. trigger is reactivated by roll, and they work towrds they collecting of those giant gems.(I am tired so forgive my lazyness)
23. the events of legends ensues up until trigger is left on the moon.
24. trigger is saved from the moon.
25. we all live hapily ever after.
there, sorry if it seems to be missing details, but you get the idea.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Those ******* games are about a kid who goes around with a chip that has a blue robot on it. Not the blue robot. They aren't Mega Man games and do nothing to represent the franchise. Zero had his own series of real Mega Man games.
You can't deny that those games did more to represent the franchise in their own way. EXE/Ryuusei STILL ended doing more to adhere to the "blue guys who blow crap up using a Buster Cannon, and steal powers/weapons from their enemies, so that they can use 'em against future opponents" notion. It may have been through a lame card game mechanic, but it was, what it was...

You can't really say the same for the Zero series. I mean, the notion of how they skewed the "power stealing dynamic" (I HAVE to have an A/S ranking in order to get Enemy Skills now? WTF?!), the entire notion of the gameplay, to me, did more to remind me of Strider Hiryu, who Zero has been shamelessly ripping off since X4, than actual Rockman style. All Zero needed to do was don a hang-glider and hop on the back of blue whales for his ending...

Top Bottom