• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
sorry to stay off topic, but i wouldn;t mind knowing what characters are in. I just don't want to know how to unlock them.

-back on topic, megaman will probably be the last chracter revealed. after all they have to save the best for last!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Uh, it's worth noting that they probably won't "Reveal" hardly anyone.

Honestly, did they "Tell you" you could unlock Gannondorf in Melee? What abour Dr. Mario? Roy? Marth?

I'm sure they're going to start the lineup - so far it looks like everyone in the "Who's coming back" plus Fox (now, anyway), and then leave the rest as unlockables. I mean, that's how they did it with Melee.

And before anyone says "But they'll probably reveal another third-party character!"

No, they probably won't. Snake is enough. If Mega Man or Sonic makes the cut, he'll probably be secret.

Back on task: Let's hope Mega Man gets an X costume (or vice-versa).

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
if he had an x costume, it would be really hard to tell him apart if 2 people picked him with one in normal costume and one in the x costume. I dont think it works...plus the original megaman is a lot shorter than X so it just wouldn't look right.

Stryks

Smash Hero
yeah both x and megaman are blue u know and it would be hard to tell them apart:
example: I choose megaman friend chooses megaman x, during game play were gonna get confused between characters cause they both kinda the same anyway...

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Uh, it's worth noting that they probably won't "Reveal" hardly anyone.

Honestly, did they "Tell you" you could unlock Gannondorf in Melee? What abour Dr. Mario? Roy? Marth?

I'm sure they're going to start the lineup - so far it looks like everyone in the "Who's coming back" plus Fox (now, anyway), and then leave the rest as unlockables. I mean, that's how they did it with Melee.

And before anyone says "But they'll probably reveal another third-party character!"

No, they probably won't. Snake is enough. If Mega Man or Sonic makes the cut, he'll probably be secret.

Back on task: Let's hope Mega Man gets an X costume (or vice-versa).
Sakurai said that he would reveal the characters over time because the internet would ruin the surprise anyways. He also said its "possible" that there will be 1-2 more 3rd party characters.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
hahaha are you kidding me since when does X look like Megaman? Megaman's a little kid and has a simple helmet, boots, and chest armor with some latex. X is bigger, Darker Blue and has complex kick *** armor.

Stryks

Smash Hero
yeah well lets say megaman classic makes it, and has the x alternate costume, u think u wont get confused between 2 megaman both being blue?...

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Naw not really. Well my point is, not any more confused then I already am when two people play as the same character :ohwell:

Its the fact that I get confused because they look the same not the color, and X looks alot different from Megaman so I don't think I'll get confused.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
the point though is not if X looks like original megaman, its if original megaman wearing an X costume would still look similar. The answer is obviously yes. all that would be changed would be a slight helmet variation, slightly diffent shade of blue, and chest armor. And its not like you would be seeing him up close, from the view in a typical smash match, these two costumes would look a lot alike.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be lame lets say if he was just like kirby or something and his costumes just changed to solid green, blue, red, yellow and such. they need to actually be his suits from the game, multicolored and awesome.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
I like the purple and red one (i think thats the colors if i remember correctly) from the first boss in Megaman 8. It was a clown level I think. Anyone remember?

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Yeah more realistically protoman would be in there I think. Protomans cool and all, but too alike to Megaman. Zero I want just because of the saber. haha.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying I WANT Zero to be in. The fact that Megaman might not get in makes the fact that Zero will get in even slimmer, but I still want Zero in.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
I approve of the Purple one, the red and white one and possibly this one http://www.atomic-fire.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=7&pos=1

Does anyone remember the mach and gama suits from the x series... they were secret suits that gave megaman special powers (like being able to stand on spikes.)

for one I dont remember what game its from and two I dont think those are the correct names (mach and gama.) But thats what I remember.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Back on topic...Im Pro megaman As well...but

Id be best to Have X and Zero Because Protoman wasnt all that...
In my opinion X and Zero are more suited for smash bros. then megaman and protoman. They could find a way to fit them in there (I mean, they found a way with yoshi) but it wouldn't be as cool. :p

Stryks

Smash Hero
cmon protoman is just freakin sweet, he aso has a shield than can maybe be incorporated, also bass can fuse with trebele... dont know why im sayin this since only one can make it XD...

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Who says anything about only 1 making it? that is lame! And on the flip side bass and treble must be cool just because of the names. I mean c'mon. BASS and TREBLE

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
oh how i wish megaman, protoman, bass, X, zero, and vile could make it in!!! but this isnt super capcom bros. Sakurai said 1-2 more non-nintendo characters besides snake would make it in. so theres no way two capcom chracters will get in let alone two megaman characters. the odds are just way too small...

Greg2k6

Smash Rookie
Some of you may not like this, but I did a moveset for Rockman EXE. I think him and Zero from the Zero series are the best choices for diverse moves. I may replace the headbut with an uppercut like classic Rockman had in Marvel VS Capcom. This Rockman did slide in the GameCube game if anyone mentions it...and yeah...I know the large blast from a canon isn't that original for an orb super...I still think he should do the Saito.bat transformation if he gets the orb.

Man, that would such a good movelist in brawl. its almost perfect.

To be honest, he would be a great addition, I wasnt into megaman much, but I always liked the guy in the red suit with the black visor on his helmet, is that X or zero?

Just looked it up on google, its neither, im talking about Protoman. He was my favorite.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Hell, a bit of Photoshoppery and an emulator of Mega Man X, and I could do the same thing without EXE.

It's still nice.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
In my opinion X and Zero are more suited for smash bros. then megaman and protoman. They could find a way to fit them in there (I mean, they found a way with yoshi) but it wouldn't be as cool. :p
i would agree, only if by zero, you meant Mega Man Zero. as much as i love the maverick hunter look for the x series, i think if zero were to make it in, it would be the MM Zero.

on the mega man note, i'll get back to you on that

Top Bottom