• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah no kidding, also I was thinkin, yeah megaman would have his ability steal but how would he steal it, I mean I doubt he'll swallow an enemy up ala kirby lol, so how would he do it?...

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
Yes I want MEGAMAN!
But you know which form I want? The all unpopular Legends Megeman. he's the only 3d one, and in Mgeman Legends, he had a cool voice (But they crapped it in Megaman legends 2 lol). He also had some good moves. Please update him on the list on the first page!

Stryks

Smash Hero
I have nothing against legends but I really want the original classic megaman, he was the 1st one AND debuted on the NES...

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Yeah no kidding, also I was thinkin, yeah megaman would have his ability steal but how would he steal it, I mean I doubt he'll swallow an enemy up ala kirby lol, so how would he do it?...

he could go like the anime and have like a foward b grab like bower taking the opponents foward b power rather than kirby's taking b power.......

or mega (after ko'ing someone) cound hit foward b or w/e command and obsorb the opponents data like the megaman games the only prob with this one is u have to take a stock 1st...... shouldnt be hard for mega tho :)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
or mega (after ko'ing someone) cound hit foward b or w/e command and obsorb the opponents data like the megaman games the only prob with this one is u have to take a stock 1st...... shouldnt be hard for mega tho :)
to make it more original, i agree with killing someone first. It would be more like the games as well because you have to defeat the bosses before you get their powers.

does anyone have any ideas on items from his games?
beat, the megaman 1up, rock ball, those recovery glowing circular things?

saberhof

Smash Master
no not really, how would you take his ability? would there be like a gem or something like in the games?, that would suck i dont know why, it wouldnt be fun goin after all the gems that fall, you really need to think this threw, would you have a minimum amount of this power? or time maybe? could you switch betwent powers with a button or would you only have one?...i dont know i dont really like it...

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Ok I know I am going to get slapped for this but has any one seen the Mega Man Animated Series from the 90's? What I mean by grabbing his enemies and taking their abilities, is that in that cartoon Mega would copy the Robot Master's abilities by grabbing their gun arm....or weapon arm....thingies.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
how?!...kmon people, at least try...:(...all we are doing is confusing ourselves with nonsense.
Stryks you got a point.

I'm sorry Saberhof...I'll stop with nonsense. ;___; erm....I gotta think...harder...I'll get back to you guys when I have a better idea.

**EDIT**

I am so sorry for that, Saberhof. ;_________________; :(

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Stryks you got a point.

I'm sorry Saberhor...I'll stop with nonsense. ;___; erm....I gotta think...harder...I'll get back to you guys when I have a better idea.
was saberhor a typo? if it was that was really funny =), if not it was uncalled for.

anyway, i for one loved that cartoon in the 90s everyone else hates so much. but any way if he didn't get the power from the kill, it could be his >B. the animation would be him sticking his arm out and shining(kind of like marth's counter-the shining part). If he get touches somebody, it takes about a second for him to "copy" their power. During this second anyone can interfere and break the connection, stopping mega from getting the power. If no one interferes he copies one of their abilities and can use one of the abilities by pressing >B. oh yeah and he should change color when he uses that power.

p.s.-what would happen if he took kirby's ability to copy?=)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Perhaps, in order to separate his copy power from Kirby's, he could use a varient of that attack, like he did in his games. For example, if he took Kirby's power, instead of getting another techinque to absorb attacks, he could use the sucking ability in a similar manner to the Suck Cannon from Ratchet and Clank.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
was saberhor a typo? if it was that was really funny =), if not it was uncalled for.

anyway, i for one loved that cartoon in the 90s everyone else hates so much. but any way if he didn't get the power from the kill, it could be his >B. the animation would be him sticking his arm out and shining(kind of like marth's counter-the shining part). If he get touches somebody, it takes about a second for him to "copy" their power. During this second anyone can interfere and break the connection, stopping mega from getting the power. If no one interferes he copies one of their abilities and can use one of the abilities by pressing >B. oh yeah and he should change color when he uses that power.

p.s.-what would happen if he took kirby's ability to copy?=)

OH MY GOD! I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT! *GOES TO FIX IT* I am so sorry. I am such a noob when it comes to typing.... I AM SO SORRY! D:

Yeah maybe it would be better if it was a >B. But Meh I don't really know....

I am so frickin sorry saberhof. *hits herself* I didn't mean to. It was my lack of typing skills.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
OMG Mega Man can grab his oppents and then take their abilities! O.O IT COULD WORK!
yea that was what i was referring to in my earlier post about him grabbing them with like a >B that would take other peoples >B powers instead of kirby's B powers so it is a little different. then again i dont know cause it was from that anime (bad anime but awsome cause it was megaman) no i dont think nintendo would recognize that. but mega could have a >B that would obsorbe persons power when he killed that person.

and about his VB im not sure lol ummmm megaball lol from 8 or or charge tackle from 5 lol if we r going with the origional mega moves.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think his down B would be his leaf shield, it would fit as defensive attack and if u press down b again it will shoot forward...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
not exactly, the leaf shield goes forward while the junk shield goes on 3 seperate ways...
oh yeah... you're right. i never thought about that. In that case i vote for leaf shield.

P.S.- I beat maverick hunter X today, great game! I give it a 9.5/10

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I haven't browsed this thread yet.

Has anyone suggested the idea of making MM's buster chargeable while moving? It'd be pretty **** revolutionary.

Also - My two cents:
Up B = Top Spin 4tw.
Tilt B - Shadow Blade.
Standard B - Mega Buster, after pressed in neutral you can move and it will keep charging.
Down B - Leaf Shield, because it's old school.

Also: Every time Mega Man wins a match, it should do the "You got ____" on the finishing pose, and grab a character move.

YOU GOT
WARLOCK PUNCH

saberhof

Smash Master
i dont see megaman doing warlock punch, or yoshi's toungue attack(And many others...unless you could explain ALL attacks??) finishing poses would include him with the peace sign from mvsc or rush appearing and posing with megaman.

Stryks

Smash Hero
he doesnt have to take the moves it would just say u got ____ and megaman transforms into a diferent color, i like the idea anyway...

YOU GOT
GREEN MISSILE

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol, anyway theyre making a snake stage for brawl, so why not make a stage for megaman, got any ideas were it would take place?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
his level should have spikes at the bottom. so whenever anyone falls down there, instead of the regular "death"animation, the characters would burst into those energy bubble things like megaman!!! oh yeah, and put a giant Dr. W. symbol somewhere on the level

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
his level should have spikes at the bottom. so whenever anyone falls down there, instead of the regular "death"animation, the characters would burst into those energy bubble things like megaman!!! oh yeah, and put a giant Dr. W. symbol somewhere on the level
Great Idea! hahaha. Yes, that would be the best way to do it Megaman style.

Also it should have platforms since Megaman are primarily about jumping from and obstacles. There would have to be walls and other things to walljump on, because I would imagine Megaman to have an amazing wall jump (since walljumping is a big thing in Megaman.)

Off topic from the level thing, I have to say I'm pro Megaman. Megaman would be a great character to have in the game, and he would be so cool to play as. He should be able to have an ability to similar to kirbys ability to suck people up and steal there powers. I think he should have this move because in almost every Megaman game you get your opponents powers after beating them.. I'm exactly sure how the attack would go, but it would definitely be an asset to Megamans arsonal of attacks. I'm thinking that (also like kirbys attack) that the ability would change Megamans Neutral B move (which I imagine to be the buster cannon.) Each character would give him a different, slightly more powerful buster move.

I imagine his grabs pretty easily also. His Up Grab would throw you into and give you a quick buster cannon shot, similar to foxes up grab. his Back Grab would be similar and throw him backward at an upward angle and also give him a quick cannon shot. His Down Grab would be a quick throw down with a knee to the stomach and would sent the opponent upward, good for chaingrabs. His forward grab would be easy, he would just chuck the opponent forward, good for getting someone off the edge.

Thats how I Imagine Megaman to be if he was in the game, and I'm really hoping he'll make the cut.

Top Bottom