• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I was thinking that too or for the first one get rid of the walls, make the place floating and instead of lava have spikes. and of course it'll be bigger.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Well I personally don't like talking about stages because I have no good ideas either.

All I know is I want Zero in the game.

A sword and a buster, how good would that be? He would a quicker weaker shot than megaman like fox to falco. His B would be his buster, chargeable yes. his over B would a quick stab, low knockback, fast, has good reach. his down B a strong sword manuever around his entire body, low to the ground, good damage and knockback, medium range. his Up B would be an upward sword attack used as a triple jump, low damage, medium knockback. Formard Smash attack would be a downward vertical swipe, good reach, medium damage, high knockback, fairly slow. His up smash would be a strong double swipe above his head and have good knockback, ok reach, pretty slow, and good damage. Aerial Forward would be a quick and effective sword swipe. backward Aerial would be a quick backward kick. Up Aerial would a quick swipe above the head. and finally his Down air would be a fairly slow POWERFUL double footed kick used for spikes.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Do you mean "Zero" like,

Or, Zero like,

If you mean Mega Man X Zero, then his movelist could be jacked straight from Mega Man X4, with the exception of a possible Z-Buster as Neutral B.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Original Megaman please. None of this X or .EXE stuff, it confuses me :( I'd like to see Roll in Brawl, also. She'd probably be a clone or something, but i'd still like her in anyways.

Stryks

Smash Hero
she wouldnt be a clone for say, possibly similair like in MVSC, anyway doubt shell be in, maybe as a cameo or something...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i honestly doubt Megaman will make the cut but I want him too. haahaha.
can you give us some reasons as to why you think so? And please dont say because he'll be a samus clone because this point has already been defeated numerous times. I'd actually like to hear some reasons why he shouldn't and/or won't be in brawl.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
I have nothing against Megaman in fact I would love for Megaman to be in brawl.

I just think out of all the characters that they are probably are going to put in brawl megaman is lower on the priorty / want list. And also I have no idea as to if Nintendo owns the rights to megaman and if they don't if they can get permission to use him.

It's just a hunch I have.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
oh yeah, i know you have nothin against him. And yes Nintendo does not own him, Capcom does. But considering that Sakurai said at least 1-2 additional non-Nintendo characters will make it in, and megaman is second most requested after sonic...he has a really good shot.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
That, and going by simple logic, think about what people love in the USA as far as NES retro games go.

Castlevania, Metroid, Mega Man, Zelda, Mario...There's others, but Nintendo knows enough to understand just how much people love the Blue Bomber.

****, most of the world wanted him to be in Melee, but knew that the whole third-party thing made it impossible. Well, now that bridge is burned.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
yep... man i hope he appears in the next trailer, thatd be sweet... XD
we will know in a few sweet hours. I can just taste it:upsidedown:

Megaman would look awesome in the new SSBB trailer, it would also show us which version they picked to stop the arguments of which one deserves it, although I fancy classic Blue Bomber

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
No Megaman in new trailer? awwww..

It would of been much cooler to see Megaman at the end instead of Fox. People would have FREAKED. Might as well show an unexpected character instead of one we ALL know was coming back anyways. Wow, lame. But good trailer.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
couldnt agree more, we still have to wait for the bluebomber to enter. He prolly has to polish off Dr. Wily, and then he'll join the smash tourney.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
hahaha. I need to play Megaman. All the new Megaman X's looked lame, so i didnt play them. Is it just me or is megaman dying as technology advances? Megaman does not seem like a person
who can survive in a 3d world.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
I dont see why sonic would be more wanted than megaman, megaman would dominate a game like that, and sonic i couldnt see fitting.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i beat both x7 and x8. At first I was hesitant because they got just average ratings. But after playing, i really anjoyed both (beside Axl voice in x7).

He can survive if Capcom does it right. Look at legends, it was anexcellent game, but i didn't like it cuz it wasn't the original megaman or x. I think if they were to make a megaman 9 on the wii with gameplay like legends, it would be a huge success. They need to convert him from 2D platformer to 3D Action/Adventure. Nintendo did well with changing samus to first person. So I think a refresh of game genre is in order, not game characters/storyline like with the .exe version.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Megaman Battle Network was good, but not exactly megaman you're right about that.

I think they need to make another 2d Megaman platformer and go all out on it, I mean just put all they have into it, maybe have over like 30 bosses, mini quests, just go all out. What do you think?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah i wnt to see new characters too... thats trailer was good but they could have shown a new character instead the we-know-he-was-gonna-be-in-brawl-anyway Fox...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
megaman...my friend says him over sonic, i think sonic is way cooler, megaman would show so many similarities to samus so i stay neutral, he'd be cool but way to similar to samus

Iggy K

Smash Ace
megaman...my friend says him over sonic, i think sonic is way cooler, megaman would show so many similarities to samus so i stay neutral, he'd be cool but way to similar to samus
How does one chargable move make him have many similarities to Samus?

saberhof

Smash Master
megaman> samus wtf r u sayin j00 n00b? lol jk

megaman would not be a clone, the only thing that would be similar is the charge shot, thats it... megaman has more slow movement when he kicks and punches and stuff...

Stryks

Smash Hero
how the hell would megaman be a clone, just cause they both have a canon (megamans a buster not a canon), and the both charge attack= clone? hell no, its like since theyre both princess zelda= peach, theyr both puffballs kirby=jiglypuff...

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
He'll be there... he MUST! And X, and Axel, and Zero, and Sigma, and Protoman, and yes, even Rush Coil.

...But seriously, I think we all know Megaman has a good chance... well, if third party friendliness is really as friendly as it seems. Snake BETTER NOT BE the only third party character. That would almost ruin the game. It would feel so unbalanced, or comprimised, or whatever. Next they'll wait until the next system launch to release it, and people will praise it as the first Smash Bros. game to launch with a system. (Zelda TP anyone?)

(Don't bother disagreeing, those were just a hypethetical rhetorical complaints.)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sakurai said 1-2 more 3rd party characters, im hopin too cause if they just add one more doesnt seem right, and a total of 3 is just fine, hopin its megaman and sonic...

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
...im hopin too [2 right?] cause if they just add one more doesnt seem right, and a total of 3 is just fine, hopin its megaman and sonic...
Agreed, and yes, if popularity counts, Sonic and Megaman would be the perfect fit to two more 3rdP characters. Obviously, I would flip (in a good way) of someone unexpected like Earthworm Jim were to be added, but I know there's pretty much no chance of that.

How about this;

Does anyone else feel a little guilty finding out stuff too early? Well, this doesn't really apply yet, since we still know next to 2% about this game, but in the future when we start learning all the characters/techniques/stages/music/play modes/etc... won't it be a bit less of a joy shock when we first put in the disk to play it ourselves if we've already seen most of what happens next? I don't know if I can resist watching future trailers and news, but I almost think I'd be better for it. (To not know quite so much before it launches.)

Here's to hoping they save a few characters for us to unlock and discover on our own. (Plus a few stages/items/play modes kept secret.)

Stryks

Smash Hero
think someone said sakurai wants us to know every new character before the game launch, cause of the internet will ruin the surprise anyway...

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
True, but we could avoid knowing everything if we try... Eh, whatever, I'll probably end up finding out on the internet like everyone else.

Well, I won't bother keeping this thread off topic anymore.

Top Bottom