• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Stryks

Smash Hero
fine whatever XD, im still sayin he should be mid-light weight cause of the fact hes a kid, even if he is made of metal, in his games he was never that heavy, so meh...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
What Stryks is trying to say is that he's a very small robot. Sort of like Big Guy vs Rusty the Boy Robot.

He'd probably not be as floaty as Sammie, but same weight.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't think he'll be a heavy weight. He hasn't played that way in other games.
He's diffentantly lighter than Samus in her suit.
Middle-weight, That's probably what he'll be.

zerodownhm

Smash Apprentice
Hell yes I support megaman, one of the best characters ever, If it was in my power it would be like the one on Marvel vs Capcom 2, that style...

Now, this is just speculation so don't get your hopes too high, im the kind of guy who says you gotta see to believe, until there is proof why get exited?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
It's called "Raising support."

We're not getting excited at the possibility, we're just hoping and suggesting and (more bluntly) Bull****ting about "What ifs."

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
agreed deathborne, also too, why not? whats wrong with speculating? Anyway, if megaman does get in, do you guys think it will be the sign of another megaman game to come? And when I say another game I mean megaman 9 to finish up the series. Or would it be just because he's a video game legend and deserves to be in? I'm hopin its a mixture of both. Keiji Inafune said that the wii was the better system (between it and the PS3) for future megaman games, but he didnt say any game was in development or which megaman series for that matter...what do ya think?

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Hopin a Megaman 9 comes out on wii, to finish the series...
*nod*
Yes. I would like to see how it ends.

Though I fear it might end sad.

Cause X was just left alone in the lab...I wonder happened to Dr. Light.

And Power Fighters left some loops. One ending Dr. Wily was working on Zero and Bass was complaining about it.

Gawd I have so many theories....but I won't get into them.

X.X

Mega Man FTW!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
See, there's alot of theoretical examples of what happened to the transition between Mega Man and the X series, which is strange, because in Mega Man Zero they explained everything that happened before.

The fortunate side is that it leaves alot of room for fanfiction, which can sometimes be exceedingly terrific.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I would actually be more excited to see a Megaman more like the original. All you need as an arm blaster, and an ability to get a completely random power and change colors. That's the true spirit of Megaman, in my opinion.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
See, there's alot of theoretical examples of what happened to the transition between Mega Man and the X series, which is strange, because in Mega Man Zero they explained everything that happened before.

The fortunate side is that it leaves alot of room for fanfiction, which can sometimes be exceedingly terrific.
Agreed. And there have been some pretty good stuff made by the fans.

lol well said, beter than .exe megaman, battle chips, who needs them...
LOL!
:shouts to Nintendo:
Original Mega Man For Brawl, please?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
okay, how long do you guys think it should take megaman to fully charge? i looked on youtube and found out it took megaman 2-3 seconds to charge. Samus took an almost nearly identical time to charge on melee....any thoughts?

Plus if he's hit while charging Im assuming he loses that charge...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
See, the problem with having Zero in the game is he's more of that "We need a cool looking guy in Brawl."

Honestly, that's part of the fun of Mega Man. He'd be small, childish, happy-go-lucky. He'd unleash cans of whoop-*** and go right back to being all anime-cutesy. It'd be like a robotic version of Pikachu all over again.

That's the real appeal of Mega Man.

Besides, having Zero would tap into the X series, which is (I believe) long dead.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
okay, how long do you guys think it should take megaman to fully charge? i looked on youtube and found out it took megaman 2-3 seconds to charge. Samus took an almost nearly identical time to charge on melee....any thoughts?

Plus if he's hit while charging Im assuming he loses that charge...

I think that will do. It would make a little more sense that way.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
Having Zero and Old School in the game would be fine, but if we can only have one, it's all about old school. At it's heart, Smash Brothers is a game about fun. Sure, Marth is sweet looking and fights like a pimp, but I think that, all in all, Old School MM fits the Smash Mold much better than Zero.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
That charge seems a little bit long for Brawl, because presumably he would just be standing there charging, whereas in MvC you could move around and defend yourself.

Xelyst

-_-
"they" would most likely stear towards the battlenetwork mega, as his status was with nintendo gamecube/ds....

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I just meant that I wanted MM in Brawl to be true to the original. Blue suit, arm cannon. There have been all sorts of really cool stuff they've done with MM over the years, but I've always liked the original the best. That's all I was saying.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
oh, i see, well next time say something i can understand, sheesh!...

and what the F does FTW stand for anyways?, it's really bothering me! :confused:

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
great subtopic:

i would go with an old level, megaman 1 anyone?...i dont know why, i would really love it...
that would never work, there's no proper fighting ground, the Hyleg Ourobuckle boss room would work perfectly though,

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I think the original blue bomber should be put in instead of the B. network and X versions. The original is the most memorable to me and it would fit better in the brawl line up.
Blue Bomber FTW!!
just my opinion...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
no offense, but but i'm sorry to say, classic megaman actually sucked. click here to see zero own megaman!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6COdVv_TlgA&NR :p
i'm not tryin to flame you or start a post war, but that IS NOT THE ORIGINAL megaman in that video. That is precisely the battlenetwork/.exe megaman that I dont like. I don't care if he got crushed by megaman zero. You see its mix ups like this that make me want the classic/original megaman in the game even more so that people wont think this .exe crap is megaman. Or that megaman zero is zero... sheesh people he's not that old...

Top Bottom