• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude cmon megaman is a kid, made of metal yes, but like I said, is he heavy in his games? no, he always jumped like the dude wasnt made of metal, also ur wrong, zero was made by dr wily, he was being built while megaman, bass and protoman were still alive...

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
You have proof of this somewhere? I'm not saying you are wrong, I would just like proof. I am not talking Fan fiction proof, I'm talking in game or Capcom spoken proof. And I have both collections so if you tell me a point in the game I can see it.

JPW

Smash Ace
I would love to see Megaman.
Megaman 3 was one of the first NES games I ever played. I never owned a copy though, I always used to hire it out, my Mum was buying games back then for us. And you know what it's like having parents especially in this day and age. Thankfully they stopped doing that during the N64 generation.
That being said I hope Capcom gives Megaman games for VC.

but anyway I reckon Megaman could be a really good choice, and a lot of moves from what i've seen in Capcom vs SNK seem to really fit with Smash bros. His size might have to be of brought down a bit though, and his special has to be creative. I would love a Megaman vs Mario match.
I would even like to have Sonic, Mario, or Fox or Even Samus go through a Megaman stage.

Megaman has been on the Nintendo, so he has a chance. I am worried however that Pacman has a better chance. Due to his (Mario Kart Arcade involvement.) And Ninty and Namco have a much stronger alliance.

I should of never stopped playing Megaman lol. I hear you guys talking about Zero and that.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wizzlecorf play the pwoerfighters and clear the game with bass, just bass not double character clear, ther eu will c wily creating zero...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
You have proof of this somewhere? I'm not saying you are wrong, I would just like proof. I am not talking Fan fiction proof, I'm talking in game or Capcom spoken proof. And I have both collections so if you tell me a point in the game I can see it.
if you have played megaman:the power fighters, and beat the game with bass's ending, you would know that zero was made by dr wily.
go on, try it.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I beat it with all 4 characters plenty of times. I have seen that ending, and I never said he was not made by Dr. Wily. All I said is that I think he was made with parts of Protoman. Now, this ending is proof of either side of the argument. If you remember, I assume you do, that Dr. Wily was the owner of Protoman and made him. It was my knowledge that Dr. Wily was going to use him to make the strongest robot in existance. I am researching this right now.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
lol, okay... GO MEGA MAN... hopefully X form to me. By the way I have found no proof or anything that says that Protoman was used to make Zero. I just found that Protoman's state in the X series is unknown so it seems as though you were right.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Dude cmon megaman is a kid, made of metal yes, but like I said, is he heavy in his games? no, he always jumped like the dude wasnt made of metal, also ur wrong, zero was made by dr wily, he was being built while megaman, bass and protoman were still alive...
whoa! you just totally blew my mind man!, if megaman is a kid... then why is he called mega-MAN?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Oh god i didnt just hear that... I just didnt hear thta... u know if ur a REAL megaman fan u would know hes a kid, even if hes megamaMAN, the guy who made megaman first named him mightykid, then named him rockman, megaman in the us, man... "if hes a kid why is he named megaMAN"... oh god...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
:laugh: calm down dude! it's not a big deal, now, let's get back on topic.
i think magma dragoon should be in brawl... you know, just for kicks.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
he definitely better not be a fastfaller! He never fell fast in his games! and he better have one of the quickest recovery times, cuz he could always recover fast...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
just HOW does the Classic series end? Sure we know that Dr. Light builds X and puits him away, Dr. Wily builds Zero and puts him away - but that's pretty much it... It's a real bummer they haven't made ANY effort to interconnect the two series together since X4...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maverick_Virus

read this, the peices of the puzzle should come together, if you have any questions, just ask.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maverick_Virus

read this, the peices of the puzzle should come together, if you have any questions, just ask.
oh yeah, and on the maverick hunter X game for the psp there is a whole anime episode that shows when Sigma first went maverick...it also shows th conversation between dr. light and X right before dr. light puts him away....if you search youtube for megaman ova, you can watch it, it has 3 parts...

Q: should megaman's fully charged blast be >, <, or = to samus' shot?

I say it should be a little stronger since megaman is just so sick....

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
although this is the megaman forums, ar'nt you obsessing a little bit?, you know, wanting megaman to be top tier and all?, personally, i think he'd be more of a mid-tier, after all, he would'nt be the best at close combat, with his stubby limbs & all...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i honestly dont think the tier lists will matter in brawl. In SSB64, you could pretty much win with anybody except link, but even then link isnt too far off if you know what your doing. In SSBM on the other hand the tiers made sense, cuz some characters just sucked. But since Sakurai said they will make this game with balance in mind, i pretty much expect the majority of the characters to be on the same level. It makes more sense to have characters play evenly(not the same) than to have a tier list. after all, whats the point of having a low tier character? hardly anyone will use him/her and it would have been a waste to even have created that character. And I'm NOT saying megaman is gonna be like samus, but she is the most similar to him, and since she will be faster (zero suit and all), he should be stronger...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
if you're saying megaman will be more powerful than should'nt X or EXE. megaman be in his place?, face it, classic mega is dead, and not just because of the storyline either. besides, capcom likes to go with the newer models (of mega) anyways, i'm sorry but it's the truth. :ohwell:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
how is .exe more powerful than classic megaman? of course X is, thats a no brainer but .exe? Woooow.....thats a first. Also about capcom goin with newer models, completely false. MvC1 and MvC2 both had classic megaman. he was picked over X, Zero, legends, and any other form twice. why, u might ask, cuz he is capcom's mascot! .exe is not nearly nor will he ever be as popular as the original megaman. How can you say megaman is dead when you're posting in a thread about him being in a new game. Plus he just had two games released last year, powered up and maverick hunters, both of which did very well. It is blatantly onvious that you dont know what you're talkin about when it comes to megaman....and I mean the original not some dumb program...it wouldn't even make sense for a program to be fighting other "physical" beings....

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
in melee they had MR G&W, who was lifted straight from a G&W system, so anything is possible in smash (or any other videogame for that matter) , like a CP program fighting in the real world (heck EXE. mega has done it before in MMBN6 and onimusha blade warriors). also, let me ask you this: could OG mega kill bosses in one hit?, mega exe. could, so you can't say that's not powerful.

oh, and uh, you can't really say i don't know what i'm talking about, just because i have a different opinion, because yes i do know i'm talking about, seriously... :chuckle:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
killing a boss in one hit only shows how weak the boss is. and its not that your opinion is different, it is just wrong. og megaman is not dead in any sense of the word. obviously they could have .exe in the game, it just wouldn't make any sense. and if he and .exe were to get into a fight, all megaman would have to do is crush that little handheld thing Lan uses, or just beat the living crap out of Lan! Its that simple, he is NOT powerful, he's just a better version of Norton antivirus.....

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
HA!, a better version of Norton antivirus?!, that's a good one!, i'll have to tell my freinds about that one!........ aw, now i want a megaman anti-virus on my PC :(

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
hmm megaman should be in it imo just if he can charge up his xblaster it shouldnt be > samus's.. zero should be in it cause zero is the man, but back on topic MM should resemble samus but not have the same moveset. i put a moveset together tell me what u guys think.

up b> rush coil
down b>ability steal (like how he does in the tv show)
over b > dash attack (similar to falcons over b)
nuetral b> hold ot chrage up shoots reg shots or if you have a stolen ability shots the ability (you can move freely to charge up but if you get hit while charging it resets it)
fsmash> blaster to the face punch
usmash>blaster punch up (similar to roys usmash)
dsmash>sweep kick
fair> similar ot samus
bair>back kick similar ot samus
dair> one foot spike
uair>similar ot falcons
throws> similar to falcos

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i like your moveset, but i think it would be better if when you stole someone's power you still had the buster and whatever power you took.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah agree, ill again post my b moveset:

B: Buster charge, charge just like samus, tough u can move while charging, when charge at full u will glow yellowish-gold
<>B: Move copy, would copy and ability ala kirby, how would he do that, jumping on the enemy? no idea...
UPB: Buster uppercut, the uppercut from MVC, would be similair to marios up b, but will give one powerful hit instead of multiple weak hits
DownB: Leafshield, would either take 2-3 weak hits, or one powerful hit, press down b again to send the shield forward, givin multiple weak hits

Super: Would transform into hyper megaman

OR

someone whistles, then out of nowhere Protoman would appear, both of them charge their buster, and together would unleash a blue and red beam similair to samus in the trailer...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I like the idea of his Marvel Vs Capcom fusion with Beat and Rush.

Makes more sense in context with "Fighing Mishmash Of Characters" theme.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i know, i gotta show my support! lol

to revive this thread i'll pose this question (assuming classic megaman gets in of course):

Do any of you see Dr. Wily making an appearance? either as a cameo in megaman's ending, a nonplayable boss, level hazard, etc?

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
i hate dr. wiley, the whole "mad scientist trying to take over the world" is getting older than wiley himself... besides, classic megaman is a videogame prostitute, let X join, he's never been in a crossover before. :ohwell:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i wouldn't mind X, he'd just be too powerful!!! With his multiple wall jumps, you wouldn't need hang on the edge at all. you could just keep wall jumping on the side.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
hehehehe... would'nt be so much fun to annoy your opponents by jumping around as X?, throughout the whole match you just go: HO! HO! HO! HO! or as zero: YEAH!, HUH!, YEAH!

X quote: time to get serious! :chuckle:

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Wow, I would hug and kiss my copy of Brawl if X was in, and he got infinite wall kicking. Hell yes.

But, moving on.

I don't think Wily will get in; It would probably be Mega Man only. If there WERE to be someone else, it'd probably one of the earlier (like, Mega Man 1-3) Robot Masters, Bass and Treble, or Protoman (God yes). If X got in, by some miracle, Zero, Sigma, or Axl would be the next choice.

This is all heavy speculation though, and assumptions. I'm just praying for Mega Man. Honestly, adding in a second Mega Man character would kind of be like recieving sex and then cake. It's nice...but having either one is perfectly fine too.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
^^^

I think you're right. but i meant seeing wily as like in the background somewhere or having having protoman shoot at you on a level or something

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Personally I think MegamanX was the coolest and most fun series. It seems like he'd be simalir to Samus, but I don't care for the "what moves would he have argument" as proof from Fox and Falcon, for all we know he could shoot baked potatoes from his eyes and crap land mines. Maybe he could have the Z saber and Zero could be an alt costume. (There pretty the same basic body)

M. Primus

Smash Cadet
When I think of nintendo I think of five franchises; Mario, Link, Metroid, Final fantasy, and Megaman. It would be a shame if Megaman didnt make the cut. Considering his substantial abilities, I think that MMX would fit the style of SSBB better than most of his other incarnations.
Exactly. I don't want to speculate on how they'd put MM in there, but he should be there.

Top Bottom