• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
seriously, thats just uncalled for...
well, now i feel stupid... i've apologiesed to saberhof, and i'm sorry if i offended anyone Eles. right now i am bashing my head on the keyboard, i have truly learned a lessen this time.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well, Vava was a play off of Boba, and it was for that reason that he was renamed "Vile" for the NA release out of fear that Loopy Lucas would sue their arses... Similarly, the sound FX for the beam sword in SSB used the lightsaber sound FX in the original Japanese release, again changed out of fear of litigation...

Kekeke... What a petty man George turned out to be...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
i know ;) , that was the joke, anyways, how many 3rd party characters do you think are going to be in brawl anyways?.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
The current estimate is 3, but I wouldn't expect more than 5. There's probably going to be 1 representative from each third-party company (i.e. Capcom, SEGA, Namco, Hudson, etc.), but if any company gets more than one rep, it'll likely be Konami, seeing how they were the first to jump on board with Snake (Simon Belmont from Castlevania seems a very likely choice).

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
5 prolly will be the most with 3 the minimum in my opinion. I dont see any more than that, after all it is 'supposed' to be only nintendo characters. Id say even with 3 3rd parties gettin in megaman has a very good shot.

SuperSmash33

Smash Rookie
I definatly want Mega Man in the game along with others from the series, aslong as there arent any clones.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Just as long as it's Megaman X or EXE/ not the classic Megaman nor Megaman Legends. Oh yeah, people who say that Megaman is a clone of Samus have somethin seriously wrong with them. He'd be just another awesome projectile character. Hmph, nough said son!

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Just as long as it's Megaman X or EXE/ not the classic Megaman nor Megaman Legends. Oh yeah, people who say that Megaman is a clone of Samus have somethin seriously wrong with them. He'd be just another awesome projectile character. Hmph, nough said son!
what's wrong with legends megaman?, anywho, i would think mega would be a luigi type clone to samus, with an identical moveset, but still different.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Megaman Legends was a great game, however, I think he's deemed an unworthy candidate for Brawl. It's just my personal opinion...that's all. Well anyway, I hope they give Megaman X da Shadow Armor from Megaman X6. Dat would be straight up of da chain son!

Stryks

Smash Hero
dude... how could he be a luigify clone?! ok can megaman perform the screw attack? no... morph ball? no... thats 2 important b moves right there, megaman can dissapear his buster so he has 2 hands, while samus only has one hand and the canon on the other, samus is female and megaman is a dude, samus transforms in zamus (how? dont know) unless megaman transforms into roll which I doubt... there no way they can be clones, just cause both of thema can charge their canon doesnt means they'll have EVERYTHING similair...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
the thunder claw from MM8 looks like the grappling beam, & mega usually gets a homing torpedo that looks like sam's missles and of course, don't forget the megaball, which is quite similer to the bombs :crazy:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Wow, your going toe to toe wit me son. All I'm going to say is dat there are so many possiblities for his moveset its scary. The reason for this is cause Megaman X is able to steal his enemies abilties & make weapons out of them. OK, da ball is your court.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im not gonna start a freakin war here cause I know megaman cant be a samus clone, not even a luigify clone for that matter...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I am truly glad dat you said that (cause I ran out of things to say). Yeah, lets bury the hatchet & not argue. So, you got anymore tight ideas?

Stryks

Smash Hero
oh man was just thinking, since they gave fox new DS look for brawl, they may give that cute version too, but also doubt it, since that version of megaman was only 4 the psp...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I would lose all da respect I have left for Capcom if they dared to do that! It would change from Capcom to Crapcom. Yeah, that has a nice ring to it.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
megaman stage? hmm i say a stage like storm eagle's?
oh man was just thinking, since they gave fox new DS look for brawl, they may give that cute version too, but also doubt it, since that version of megaman was only 4 the psp...
yeah!, a storm eagel stage!, it could be on that jet-type thingy!, it would also be like the dreamland stage, only better!.

as for mega's new look, yuck, now i understand why fox fans are upset over his new look...

Top Bottom