• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
See, I disagree. I think that the NES defined "Nintendo", and Mega Man, Mario Bros, Zelda, Metroid, and the little favorites like Contra or Ninja Gaiden really who need to be in Brawl.

So, while it'd be nice to see Mega Man X instead, I'd think original has that "Nintendo synonym" factor. Besides; ever since they included Fire Emblem, characters who "Fit Smash Brothers" really have gone out the window.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Please, for the love of raptor jesus! Just let ZELLLOOO Be In Brawl!!!. Or I'm Going To Go Sigma On Everyone!!!!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
zero(from the X series) is sick, but not before megaman. thats like picking luigi before mario.

if you want zero start a zero thread...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Actually it's more like picking Wario before Mario, because Luigi was in the original games, yet Wario was created after at least eight games of Mario and Luigi's own independently.

So, yeah, Zero is a bit absurd. Mega Man? Please. Mega Man X? Hell, if X is just a costume for Mega Man, I'm happy.

Should his voice be Mega Man 8, or X? I'm curious if we want him manly or miniscule.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
thought on MM and zero they better be in there it be hot as hell. ultimate armor zero from x4 and MM from X1 would be amazing.... if they do add MM they'll add zero.and personally i dont think zero would be gay seeing zero is my fav mm character ot date.... and the voice would be x8 cause its the newest just look at fox..new look teh gay. but back on topic..MM rules :)

SnoW86

Smash Rookie
First Smashboard post woot!

I love the Megaman series and would love to see him in the game (been talking with my friend about it on and off for the past few weeks). My personal favorite is the X series, but if he's gonna be in SSBB then I think it would be in the best interest for them to put out a poll of which version people would like to see in the game.

As cool as it would be to see alternate versions as alternate costumes, it really just wouldn't make sense. Bottom line is, the series of MM have different movement capabilities. Could you imagine X moving in a clunkier fashion like the original MM?

Also, I think that it's obvious that the creators wouldn't be so foolish as to give X an infinate wall kick if he made it in the game. Most likely a wall jump like many had from SSBM. My only worry for putting MM in the game is that the creators will make him overpowered in comparison to other chars.

I'd put in my two cents about Zero being in the game (huge fan of him) but this isn't a Zero discussion so I'll leave that for another day.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
First Smashboard post woot!

I love the Megaman series and would love to see him in the game (been talking with my friend about it on and off for the past few weeks). My personal favorite is the X series, but if he's gonna be in SSBB then I think it would be in the best interest for them to put out a poll of which version people would like to see in the game.

As cool as it would be to see alternate versions as alternate costumes, it really just wouldn't make sense. Bottom line is, the series of MM have different movement capabilities. Could you imagine X moving in a clunkier fashion like the original MM?

Also, I think that it's obvious that the creators wouldn't be so foolish as to give X an infinate wall kick if he made it in the game. Most likely a wall jump like many had from SSBM. My only worry for putting MM in the game is that the creators will make him overpowered in comparison to other chars.

I'd put in my two cents about Zero being in the game (huge fan of him) but this isn't a Zero discussion so I'll leave that for another day.

if they did put infinate wallkicks in they would prolly be an over b move such like peaches over b abd it would prolly be banned in tourneys.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
zero(from the X series) is sick, but not before megaman. thats like picking luigi before mario.

if you want zero start a zero thread...
:crazy: WHAT?! you people are monsters!, picking mario over luigi?!, i'm shocked... and a zero thread, maybe i should...

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
Zero from Megaman Zero. thats all I have to say to this.
back on topyc though. if you compare the two mega man amd X, its like we have stronger type of clone. i mean, just tink about it. if mega man came first, then X is the clone. he is stronger, faster and lets not forget, the cooler looking one. so yeah, if you want a weak original, fine by me, but I would rather have the clone.

Valban

Smash Apprentice
X is probably the coolest mega man there is. I'd love to have him in there but the wall kicks are somewhat of a delema. so either get rid of that ability and just keep the dash, or switch to mega man. mega man has the slide and it might be put into a move that could hurt the opponent. If X were to make it to ssbb, Zero would be awsome(from the x series).

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
indeed. let's just hope that X does'nt have the same horrible voice he had in MMX4 or X7 though,

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
At this point, i dont care who they pick X or original, as lost as its megaman. But, it makes more sense for capcom to use the classic version.

if they put in classic, they should use his voice from Powered Up
if they use X, they should use his voice from X8 and Maverick Hunter X

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I dont really care either, both are great, tough I want original, but as long as he is in, and not some crappy 3rd party character im happy...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
that was stupid and immature, seriously, we all know that zero really did "retire" megaman so it's pointless to say so otherwise...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
I don't want him to be in there but if he was I wouldn't be super pissed. He is overused, over rated and boring.
that's exactly why zero deserves to be in brawl over megaman.

Classic megaman is way cooler than Zero and X, IMO

:p.
you really think so?

X is way cooler than Zero, IMO... So what if he has the sword? X gets the cool armor upgrades.
But yeah, the OG Megaman has the highest priority.
the only reason X gets (ugly) armor upgrades is because he's a pathetic weakling with a pea-shooter, end of story.

saberhof

Smash Master
really?! you think a super-cutesy chibi robot is cooler than zero?! get some mental help!.
Your not funny, Megaman classic would be the first to get in than zero.. mental help, HA...just because hes cute doesnt mean hes not gonna get in.

i dont like you. :)

if you like zero so much, why are you here complaining about it?..

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
But that's just it - X gets stronger and Zero stays weak. And even before his upgrades, X-Buster pwns Z-Saber. End of story. :p

Also, we're talking OG Megaman BEFORE his atrocious Powered Up makeover... Play Mega Man 7 sometime - one of the best games ever made, IMO.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I don't want him to be in there but if he was I wouldn't be super pissed. He is overused, over rated and boring.
that's exactly why zero deserves to be in brawl over megaman.
Zero IS OVERUSED AND OVERRATED, I mean zero from MMX, zero from MMZ and Zero in MMZX, hes the most used character, which i have gotten bored at, he has a sword, yay, so does megaman in MM8, and if it werent for the succes of the original MM Zero or any other MM series character would have been created...

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
But that's just it - X gets stronger and Zero stays weak. And even before his upgrades, X-Buster pwns Z-Saber. End of story. :p

Also, we're talking OG Megaman BEFORE his atrocious Powered Up makeover... Play Mega Man 7 sometime - one of the best games ever made, IMO.
ah yes.. good game good game... anyway, i dont mind which is in as long as one is in. granted i have my preference for X though.

in regards to zero, the reason he never gets upgrades is because he is already way to "powerful" for his own good. seriously, if you dont believe me, do the research.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Your not funny, Megaman classic would be the first to get in than zero.. mental help, HA...just because hes cute doesnt mean hes not gonna get in.

i dont like you. :)
oh, no... you don't like me?!, well guess what?, i don't care you stupid homo!, cause you're just some fat, loser nerd! :laugh:

SnoW86

Smash Rookie
Ok, I'm a Zero fan, but did anyone else enjoy it in the first 3 MMX games when we all knew that Zero was the superior being, yet when it came to the final battle, he always opted for destroying the super comp, parimiter defenses, or something else? Then X has to go eat **** from Sigma's hand? It's like forgetting to call "Shotty" when the back seat is tiny as hell. It just makes me laugh twice every time.

Anyway back to the topic at hand. I've heard some people say around where I live that Megaman shouldn't be in the game because he's no longer with Nintendo... *knock knock* Why is Solid Snake in it then? As long as you were a large part of Nintendo's claim to fame, I say you're a worthy candidate. Just one more reason why I don't think MM should be excluded from Brawl.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Zero IS OVERUSED AND OVERRATED, I mean zero from MMX, zero from MMZ and Zero in MMZX, hes the most used character, which i have gotten bored at, he has a sword, yay, so does megaman in MM8, and if it werent for the succes of the original MM Zero or any other MM series character would have been created...
mega man 1-8 mega man x 1-8. thast all I have to say. sure, he apears in the x series, but is only playable for about, 4 of them (not counting 3 cause he isnt fully playable.) ? granted he has his own spinoff series.

with that said, original mega man is my favorite, but i want X to be in brawl more

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Lemme put it this way:

The aftermath of the final battle with Vile in Mega Man X 1 -- Zero = stone dead; X = alive, proceeding to kick Sigma's ***... all on his own...

So yeah... Zero is WAY better than X... [/sarcasm]

saberhof

Smash Master
[Flame]oh, no... you don't like me?!, well guess what?, i don't care you stupid homo!, cause you're just some fat, loser nerd![/Flame] :laugh:
wow my feelings wouldv have been hurt if i was fat and nerdy.

what are you doing here anyways?, trying to make people like zero?...your not doing a good job of it

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Lemme put it this way:

The final battle with Vile in Mega Man X 1 -- Zero = stone dead; X = alive and then proceeds to kick Sigma's ***... on his own...

So yeah... Zero is WAY better than X... [/sarcasm]
yeah... did you forget the reason why? if it werent for zero, X would be scrap. he gets the **** beaten out of him, and Zero has to save him. some powerful reploid X is.

nothing personal aginst you DB, i just like to debate in regards to Zero.

but yea, my preference for megaman either one, though I prefere x more than the original

Top Bottom