• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Do y'all think that they would put Copy X from the Megaman Zero Series over the other Megamen? I like his M.Bison slide, but I don't think it will happen...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
i actually like copy X better than the OG X, he's cooler than X, plus he can do things the OG X could never do, like his winged form!, but yeah i don't think he'll ever make it in.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
there's only enough room for one bluebomber, and that's megaman (i'm still kinda hopen' for zero though)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Mega Man X Collection was a noting but a bunch of woefully half-***** ports slapped together. Maybe it's just buyer's remorse, but having grown up with the series I was very disappointed with the lack of effort on Capcom's part...

As far as X vs Copy X - keep in mind: Copy X is just what his name implies: a copy of X, therefore all of his abilities he gained from he original - sure he may have not had those abilities in any of the X titles to date, but who's to say what powers he gained during Zero's 100 year hiatus?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
i actually like copy X better than the OG X, he's cooler than X, plus he can do things the OG X could never do, like his winged form!, but yeah i don't think he'll ever make it in.
I could be wrong, but doesn't OG mean Original Gangsta?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
See, Copy X wouldn't make any sense. Here's a third party character, who is a villain of a spinoff of a spinoff of an old NES series.

So, yeah. Blue Bomber/X are likely.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah, c'mon guys, lets be realistic only the major characters in a 3rd party franchise have a chance. And even then its slim...

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
megaman is a must i think, and zero as a companion. but it has to be old school megaman, not X or any of that crap out now.

zero would be a better idea though. he's got all the moves, if you don't know play X4 or X5 and you'll understand

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
whos to say he would have those moves? And even if he had all of those moves he still wouldn't be a clone. you only named 3 moves, two of which are similar, not the same. the rock ball is totally different from samus's bombs.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
the mega ball is'nt so different, did you know that you can bounce off the ball like the bomb jump?, anywho......

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
ok megaman...

b: buster
over b: rush glider
up b: rush coil
down b: soccer ball from MvC? hahah

don't think he'd be like samus at all. not to mention he would fall way FAST
unlike samus whos short hop fast fall is slower than almost anyone elses... jump

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
the mega ball is'nt so different, did you know that you can bounce off the ball like the bomb jump?, anywho......
how would you be able to do this in the air to use it as extra jumps as samus does, seeing as megaman cannot turn into a morph ball? if you used this move in the air the ball would fall straight down. And lets say this move is exactly like samus' bombs. You still have named only 3 moves. That is hardly a clone by any stretch of the meaning. With megamans vast arsenal of moves from an unheard of amount of games, there is no reason why he would or should be a clone.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I like the idea of Mega Man X better just because he is cooler, but I also think it would be a little better if mega man didn't have many or any of the boss aquired moves. That would make Mega Man better than X because you have the Rush moves. Zero would make a good addition and would really be easy to make a moveset for... X4 and X5 like someone already mentioned. Though it would be weird to have Mega Man(not X) and Zero.

fiction

Smash Rookie
It would be interesting to see how his copy-esque ability would work. I would assume that he would inherit the power of the last person he stocks.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I think it'd be more like his Forward B - it sends out some sort of small beam or "energy" ball that does no damage, but travels very quickly. If it hits, Mega Man gets a color scheme appropriate to the character (depending on the costume, such as white and grey for Doctor Mario costume, Blue and light blue for ZSsamus, Red and blue for Mario, Yellow and red for Samus, etc etc etc).

However, this might be confusing, so it may go for the "Cap" system Kirby's got to make it simple.

Sirias

Smash Champion
If MegaMan gets in, they BETTER put in Zero, Bass or Protoman, or all. Man, but seriously, Zero. I love him, he's so hot. XD

Nah, but seriously. Zero, either in his old one or in MMZ.

If MegaMan did get in, though, he'd be just like Samus. He's got the same gun, he's just shorter. =/ Not much of a difference. Zero's kinda similar to Link. He has a sword and a long range weapon *if he gets his gun*, if not, he's just another sword-user.

Anyway, MegaMan in... dunno. If he does though, Zero FTW!~!!~

I like the name Zero more as well. And Red. XD

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
We're trying to avoid the return of Clones, unless it's Luigified clones.

Gannondorf, badass though he is, should have had a movelist closer to Zelda. I mean, in OOT, I don't think he punched or kicked once.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yeah, Luigi's a good clone... He's not really a clone, actually. People just say he is 'cause he looks like Mario. He doesn't really have the same moves. Well... some, but not completely identical.

Gannondorf... Meh. He just seemed like a complete tack-on character. No offence. He should've had some weapon or like magic or something. =/ Honestly.

There should be Ganon. XD

Zero would still kick ***. <_<;; *trying not to digress completely*

Top Bottom