• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That horrible cartoon doesn't prove anything actually

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Megaman EXE in his styles looks f***ing sick. Seriously, Heat Guts style and Wood Bug style FTW! :)

The Gamecube one was like the 3rd worst of the Battle Network series. 3>2>1>6>5>GCN EXE game [it was hard, but dumb hard]>4>Battle Chip Challenge. Seriously, the first 3 pwned. Then it became crap sequals like every other Megaman series basically. Except the original=too much of the SAME battle system, but Megaman 8 was darn good.

You suck.

And you don't hate Megaman, Megaman hates you.

Megaman EXE. in Aqua Bug style from MMBN3 seems to think diffrently. He looks mad. it's best you run! :laugh:

^ Best Bass look ever. :)
My main reason that I was turned off by da EXE series, is because of it's fighting system on panels and almost all of it's titles (except Network Transmission) were all for GBA. And I only thought Megaman's Shadow Style and his Falzer and Gregar suits looked pimpish.

And man I give u props for givin Bass EXE props man! U sir r tight!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My main reason that I was turned off by da EXE series, is because of it's fighting system on panels and almost all of it's titles (except Network Transmission) were all for GBA. And I only thought Megaman's Shadow Style and his Falzer and Gregar suits looked pimpish.

And man I give u props for givin Bass EXE props man! U sir r tight!
To be honest, I think they look kinda cool [most of them], but Bass EXE, Protoman [to some extent], and a few MM EXE forms [heat guts, ground, shadow, most of the bug styles] lookl sick. Plus I love Heat Guts and Electric Guts being overpowered! :laugh: Super fast blaster, double power, super speed, super Plantman V.3, V.4, and V.5 combos FTW! :) I sitll love the battle system=the formula I really wish Pokémon had. >_<

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The Gamecube one was like the 3rd worst of the Battle Network series. 3>2>1>6>5>GCN EXE game [it was hard, but dumb hard]>4>Battle Chip Challenge. Seriously, the first 3 pwned. Then it became crap sequals like every other Megaman series basically. Except the original=too much of the SAME battle system, but Megaman 8 was darn good.
:ohwell:. I really liked the GC EXE game's concept. yeah, the bosses were crap, and megaman moved too slow, but it was a good overall game with a unique concept. they should have taken that system, made it 2d, made the bosses more MMZ-like, and it should have been what the MMBN 4-6 should have been. and DAMMIT, WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP ON SAYING THE GAME IS TOO HARD!? its not hard at all! go back and play some good ol' retro games, and THEN call GC EXE hard.

this is why megaman is my favorite gaming franchise. they dont forget about the main reason why retro games were so awesome: for thier stupid difficulty. games these days are too easy peasy. fun, but too easy. such as the GBA/DS battle network/starforce games. they're fun, but are too darned easy compared to other MM games. am I the only gaming masochist left? -A-

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
:ohwell:. I really liked the GC EXE game's concept. yeah, the bosses were crap, and megaman moved too slow, but it was a good overall game with a unique concept. they should have taken that system, made it 2d, made the bosses more MMZ-like, and it should have been what the MMBN 4-6 should have been. and DAMMIT, WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP ON SAYING THE GAME IS TOO HARD!? its not hard at all! go back and play some good ol' retro games, and THEN call GC EXE hard.

this is why megaman is my favorite gaming franchise. they dont forget about the main reason why retro games were so awesome: for thier stupid difficulty. games these days are too easy peasy. fun, but too easy. such as the GBA/DS battle network/starforce games. they're fun, but are too darned easy compared to other MM games. am I the only gaming masochist left? -A-
I've beaten Zelda II three times! :grin: I deserve a medal of honor, or something=the hardest game I've played in my life. I still haven't played a few X games, so some of those ***could*** be harder. By hardest I mean hardest playable game, not s*** like Superman 64 I just suck at hard games at first. It's not too hard, just kinda confusing. If you ask me, I agree sorta. The BN series should have switched between the two types of battle, actually. I love the movement of BN3, which had perfect difficulty, and the after the ending part was extremely hard for most people [but I beat the game 100% twice].

And hard games ftw! *points and smiles at the first three Zeldas, DKC, all the Metroids [minus Zero Mission and maybe Prime 3, though they're both legendary games], Super Mario Bros., Land, and World series, the original MMs, and X series* :) Love hard, playable, fun games, especially with DI! :)

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Words cannot describe the enmity I feel toward Megaman.exe

And whatever the **** this new ZX **** is.

Give me X, D.A.S.H and classic.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Xanderous speaks the truth. although i only despise the .exe series because they could have been developing classic or X games. I've never played a .exe game so i cant say they suck lol

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
i support megaman all the way. either original or X is fine. That would be funny if they copied the attacks from marvel vs capcom.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used to use Megaman in Marvel Vs. Capcom but when seriously competing I use a different team, who I have not mastered yet but I almost beat the best person I know at that game with them...

I prefer using my favorite characters though rather than them

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
they should take some of the elements from MvC, like hyper mega man or his taunt:)

and welcome bubbleshield
Too bad the bubble shield wasn't in MM classic or MM X. >_< That'd make life A LOT easier!

And I've played a bit of that game, and MM needs to be stronger [and not suck for the most part], and take lots of those elements. Still...if he'd get power absortion abilities, that'd be sick. I'm sure we've all heard the multiple taunt rumor...so wat if it was like one of the control pad functions=??? Wonder how that'd work...it'd be a intresting experiment for Sakurai and his crew. :psycho:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If there is multiple taunts, maybe they could be used to switch his powers plus he could have a full move set that doesn't involve copy power

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
now that i would like
AGREED! If Brawl has multiple taunts, that'd be sweet. I'm imagining Sold Snake's....I'll seriously die with laughter if one of them is smoking a cigar/cigarettee! :laugh:

Megaman taunt 1: watever he does in MvC

Megaman taunt 2: watever he does in the classic series/Power Battle games

Megaman taunt 3: Steal power/switch powers

Megaman tuant 4: Switch power

Wait, wat if Megaman stole people's powers in grabs or something=??? Like his forward [or any or all] throw he absorbs their power, and procceedes in throwing them. That'd be kinda neat! :)

Megaman's final smash:

F*** YES! Megamna is f***ing mad! He's p***ed, and about to beat your f***ing arse! Screw Megaman, Hyper Megaman as a PC for BRAWLz! :laugh: Megaman went from Blue Bombers, to a Blue f***ing NUKE! :chuckle:

Fawks

Smash Rookie
toot

After all the history megaman has with Nintendo i think he deserves a spot.
but for some reason i think his being present in Marvel vs Capcom cuts his chances a lot.
but lets just say i think he will get in

a 'copy power' ability in some form would be a must for him

i would hate to see the exe version
its just not true mega man we would like to see him in the form that made him famous and i dont really like the exe games anyways save for the fact mega can look pretty awesome in the different suits and Bass Exe looks BA. I have to disagree on Protoman exe i didnt care for him mostly because his long gray hair makes him look like an old geezer imo

so...

yes mega should get in
no i dont think he will
if yes, not EXE

Fawks

Smash Rookie
iunno

Probably the same reason SNAKE being in a fighting game cut his chances...wait...
i dont know anything about solid snake
never played a metal gear solid game sadly
so if you're making a joke of some kind i dont get it
haha

honestly im not sure why i think this
but it just seems like he wouldn't be in another game that uses characters from several different games
and for some reason he just doesnt seem SSB material

i dont know why, its just what i think with hardly any arguement lol

plus with all that history behind mega and nes i would think that if they wanted to put him in they would have done so with Bros i mean hes so famous from his early games
like fox mario kirby etc.. were put in the first game mainly because they were nintendos most famous characters and mega was too
im sure people wonder why he didnt make the original cut

im just talking out of my *** now

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i dont know anything about solid snake
never played a metal gear solid game sadly
so if you're making a joke of some kind i dont get it
haha

honestly im not sure why i think this
but it just seems like he wouldn't be in another game that uses characters from several different games
and for some reason he just doesnt seem SSB material

i dont know why, its just what i think with hardly any arguement lol

plus with all that history behind mega and nes i would think that if they wanted to put him in they would have done so with Bros i mean hes so famous from his early games
like fox mario kirby etc.. were put in the first game mainly because they were nintendos most famous characters and mega was too
im sure people wonder why he didnt make the original cut

im just talking out of my *** now
Snake was in a fighting game that including Bomberman and Optimus Prime BTW so I don't see why Megaman being in a game with ONLY Marvel/ Capcom characters would cut his chances

and they didn't except 3rd party during the first or second smash

Fawks

Smash Rookie
O_o

Snake was in a fighting game that including Bomberman and Optimus Prime BTW so I don't see why Megaman being in a game with ONLY Marvel/ Capcom characters would cut his chances

lol what?!
really?
wow i had no idea
well with that he does have more of a chance

i just dont see it happening still

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Optimus Prime in BRAWL FTW! F*** the Blue Bomber
[jk]

But seriously, f*** the Blue Bomber, I want the Big Blue f***ing Nuke Bomber in BRAWL! :laugh:

It's all about V

Fawks

Smash Rookie

"and they didn't accept*"
except is exclusion
made me stumble upon reading it haha

yea i must've overlooked that bit

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"and they didn't accept*"
except is exclusion
made me stumble upon reading it haha

yea i must've overlooked that bit
They ARE in the third which is why his chances are higher

accept...ok whatever

Fawks

Smash Rookie
o

They are accepting 3rd party characters in the 3rd Smash Bros....Brawl

o ok
yea i already said
i think he has a much better chance now

dont take the accept thing personally i just wanted to clarify
sorry if i sounded like i was preaching
it was just in that case it can be confusing because the two words are nearly opposites of each other hah

=)

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
No, Classic > X> Any other incarnation
I personally always went X > Classic > Legends > whatever, when we're talking Mega (if we're talking looks for the blue bomber, of course. For games in the franchise, I still say the MMZ saga was better than most of the X saga, at least to me). I dunno why, because I usually tend to go for the stylized, childish versions of most characters, which would mean Classic, but something in the X series clicked with me, I guess. So for me, it's X for Brawl, if possible.

Oh, and whoever said Bass.EXE looks bad, you need new eyes, man. He was pretty much the only reason I gave that game a chance - because Bass being back, looking more awesome than ever, is more than enough of a reason for me to check it out :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I personally always went X > Classic > Legends > whatever, when we're talking Mega (if we're talking looks for the blue bomber, of course. For games in the franchise, I still say the MMZ saga was better than most of the X saga, at least to me). I dunno why, because I usually tend to go for the stylized, childish versions of most characters, which would mean Classic, but something in the X series clicked with me, I guess. So for me, it's X for Brawl, if possible.

Oh, and whoever said Bass.EXE looks bad, you need new eyes, man. He was pretty much the only reason I gave that game a chance - because Bass being back, looking more awesome than ever, is more than enough of a reason for me to check it out :)
In terms of gameplay, yeah X was better...

But I like the classic Megaman enemies and story and all that. Wily and the robot masters, who unlike X have names and amtter to the storyline, that seem to come back no matter how many times Megaman kills them. There aren't that many recognizable villains in X.

Just my opinion...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
A blue blur across the face of video games... not an enemy of Nintendo like the other one... but an ally. I present to you:... Mega man the blue bomber!

But like i said shouldn't we restart this thread?

Top Bottom