• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Maryland Player Finder -.-

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Wiit the ****...

ANY WAY... Guys... I've been playing WoW an aweful lot and I REALLY need to start smashing again. -_- You all have to pester me adn peer pressure me or I'll be lost to WoW

cmart

Smash Lord
Nightmare KoRn Kid said:
Wiit the ****...

ANY WAY... Guys... I've been playing WoW an aweful lot and I REALLY need to start smashing again. -_- You all have to pester me adn peer pressure me or I'll be lost to WoW
Go we don't need you.

J/K <3
WoW is overrated and just sucks time away from other games and sex. Trust me-your sex drive plummets for each hour you spend leveling up your character. You want sex don't you?

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
NOT MY SEX!!! DUDE!

OMFG it's sooo true! I haven't gotten any in like 4 days!!!

Also: Do you think I maybe better than you C? Minus the whole Samus thing, i think I can beat all of your characters... You guys need to get me good Vs Samus... THEN I'll definately be beastly... BUT... what do you guys think HONESTLY? (Judge from the last time we gamed, because now I may actually be a little worse)

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Honest opinion? You've really improved Vince, but I can tell you right now, that if you're still playing the way you did at the fest, you need to change up your game as soon as possible. I already figured out how I'll be playing you from now on.

For one thing - I'm gonna use my variety better next time. No more stupid picks against anyone. After the G&W vs Sheik with Plairnkk. >.>

Jasona

Smash Ace
Nurok -> thanks for inviting me over yesterday. I didn't learn very much, but I remembered alot. My suggestion is that you narrow down the list of characters that you play to 1 or 2 (falco or falco and marth). I like how our second, 4/7 game, set went to 5 games (5-0).
Ranma -> thanks for showing up, even if it was a little later than everyone expected. You get the same advice I gave nurok; play fewer characters.

Anyone else in the bmore area interested in getting their set in with me, and getting some practice, next saturday? Maybe the aberdeen guys? if that doesn't work out, then I'll look into people beyond bmore.

Update on my trek through MD
Bmore -> ranma (4-0), nurok (4-0 & 5-0)
aberdeen -> TCV (4-0), M3wtw0 (4-0)

A variation of what I was telling nurok and ranma yesterday:
I'm not good, it just looks that way because I won

EDIT -> check out my MLG blog in my sig, there is an entry on yesterday

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
I can't fight samus, yet. Still I'll be willing to take you out at AS6 =P

C mart- We need to friggen get some matches in, where's the **** peer pressure?! I've been playing WoW 50 hours in one week, you *******s need to have my back! YOU NEED TO PEER PRESSURE ME INTO SMASH!

ADD: ohh yea, lol, and Ron there's no way you can beat me with the same Peach you used, also. I watched those match Vids, and I doubt I'd lose to THAT again. =P But I still have real trouble against samus, my friend's samus can actually take me stock to stock... I migth train G dorf or C falcon..

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Jasona - I know, I thought I had resolved to play only a few characters long ago, but I keep using more. Seriously, I'll stop. >_>

You're just a beast. Wanna Smash next Satruday, after 4:00 (4:30) if you don't find anyone else to beat down?

Vince - I only played my Peach like that, because you were spamming forward smash. The Peach is faster and smarter now. You shouldn't even use her vs Marth though, Marth eats Peach. She was just my best option at the time, besides Sheik or Space Animals.

And if we hafta peer pressure you into playing Smash, you have to do the same for me. I've been playing Halo 2, and when I get more money, Dead or Alive 4. X_x

Chris - When you play Jasona, don't EVER use Pokemon Stadium. Missiles will cover the enitre screen. >_>

UndrDog - Those Samus dittos were fun, you and Jasona made me want to main her again, along with Peach. The double Peach team was too good too.

(I'll put the banner back in my sig today or tomorrow >____>)

Nurok - Your Falco is much improved, and good job winning the ditto. Work on your mindgames and you might win our next set.

cmart

Smash Lord
I'll be back in town next weekend. I might make the trek down to Ranma's-I'm not sure. Last time I went it was a huge event getting there and back, and I'd rather avoid big events when they involve getting lost in baltimore. Maybe I'll just take a cab <.<

Vince: As a hypothetical example-if you sidestep everytime instead of avoiding an attack-a Sheik could downsmash you twenty times in a row. You see this and think "I know his game, he's a downsmash *****." But he's not-he's just intelligent. He knows you'll sidestep, so he knows he can keep spamming a move that shouldn't work that well. What you see in a 1vs1 isn't the end-all be-all of anyone. If Ron played gay and stupid, it's because you fell for it. We'll play next time we're both at one place.

Redd: I feel really ****ty for losing those Bowser matches against you-I assure you Bowser isn't the end-all be-all of me. How else could I keep up with a Sheik if Bowser's all I play? I realize people viewing me as a nOOb is partially my fault for maining a ****ty char, but still. I'm looking forward to getting some real matches against you at AS6.

Jasona: Sign me up. I've waited too long for a chance to play you.

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
C Mart- I won the matches... it didn't work. X_x But I had lost like 3/489638763 matches and all of which were to Peach. ANNNND from watching the vids, i have a feeling unless he siwtches his game he'll lose.

Ron- Then use a better character, I seriously cannnnnnot fight Samus, so you should use her. =) annnd You have 360? NICE... I gotta play a 360...

I need to learn how to ****ing fight samus...

cmart

Smash Lord
I didn't say you lost-just saying he was playing stupid with Peach cause you let him get away with it. Am I the only one in bmore who still plays this game? And I don't even have a working cube wtf?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
No Chris I definitely still play, just when I can Smash with people. But it's hard to find good Smashers so I got an online game to pass the time. I hope you can come over, just stay on the bus this time. >.> You wanna try Sunday? I work until four Sat.

Vince - Definitely won more matches rather solidly, but also realize I was doing what gets cmart owned, using lower tiers against top tiers too much. I think half my matches against you were Roy, Zelda, or something else stupid. Next time I really will pick a gayer character than Marth, or since you want it, Samus. Jasona inspired me to go back to her.

Jasona

Smash Ace
Nightmare KoRn Kid said:
I can't fight Samus, that's basically it. I definately need to learn how to play against her -_-
easiest way to learn is to play. The better the samus, the easier the fight will be against lesser sami in the future. I suck against all of the high teir characters, thats why I'm doing this MD trek.

EDIT -> getting my set in with cmart? this weekend? that'd be great

cmart

Smash Lord
Hum-I'm not going to have internet this week(making it hard to coordinate), and really I was serious about getting down to Ron's being a ***** sometimes. Go play with Chinesah-I can wait till AS 6 for our set.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
If you wanna Smash Sunday cman, call my cell, since you won't have internet (I can always take the lightrail down there instead of you, here).

TCV

Smash Cadet
Jasona said:
now that that is cleared up, who wants to smash with me this saturday? bmore? aberdeen? beyond? i'm going to get killed @ AC6, if noone will practice with me
I would, but I've got work to do this weekend.

On another similiar note, next Tuesday spells the end of the spring semester, so I may be able to smash with people after that, depending on my work schedule.

cmart

Smash Lord
Jasona-I'll make it down to Ranma's this saturday if you show. We all need practice.

Ranma-PM me what stop to get off the bus at, and your adress. I'll make another valiant effort to reach your place-though I was able to get there last time even if I got off the bus a dozen blocks early. I'll try to call sat to make sure everything's on.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Remember though, after 4:00 PM if you're coming, I'm still at work before 4:00. And I'll Pm you the stuff. Hey Jasona I'll PM it to you as well incase you wanna swing by.

hova

Smash Champion
hey all MD smashers

i decided to make a trek to my house to play anyone that shows up

cuz i'm betting that i'm the best smasher north of howard county, save chin and kaiser

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Hey guys I posted this in AS6's thread. I'm gunna post it here, too.

I'm not gunna lie everyone... I don't care as much about smash as I used to.

Hoenstly, I've been TRYING to seem as I used to because I don't wanna let down Baltimore. I WAS a lot better than I had used to be, and I could have probably been the best in Baltimore with a struggle between C and I (once I figured out samus =\). But Honestly, I just haven't been into smash recently. I have not played competitively or trained, or really even thought about Melee at all in the past 3 ish weeks. I'm psyched about Brawl, yes, but IDK if I really want to be as actively playing smash as I used to be.

This being said, even at my best I was never very good, BUT i always had fun playing Melee. I would like to keep playing smash with you guys if it were within a decent distance and at a friendly laid back no hassel environment. Dragging my two Tvs to hagerstown (stopping first in MT Airy after an hour drive with a short, fat Hawaiin man -My dad- telling me to slow down, and stop driving on the line) after waking up around 7 in the morning on a weekend AND THEN getting home around 10-11 just doesn't sound like fun any more.

I'M NOT SAYING IT WAS NEVER FUN OR NEVER WILL BE FUN AGAIN. I'm just out of it now guys. It was fun, and I'll play if it's easy for me to get there and play. I simpley won't be attending tournaments that are out of my way...

ALSO since I have a few MMs, you guys can be sure to see me at a fest, if not one I throw personally one near to my house, eventually! I'll be happy to give you guys my money then =P

That's about it... I won't be attending this tourny, and likely any other tournies (Unless they're reallly close) for a while. I'll be going to local fests, and possibley throwing some. But right now I'm out of the smash scene a little.

Those of you I've hung out with have been the coolest gamers I've been luckey enough to hang with. It's like being at home with my little Jeesh of close buds. I love you guys in a straight and non threatening way, no matter how much you think Korn sucks, How you never open your eyes, how you're... well Hova is awesome nothing really bad about it, or how you're Baltimorons, or Jewish, OR ANYTHING. LOL

Later guys, I'll catch you on the Wii and hopefully I'll be at a fest near you.

PS: Umm yeah I'm gunna be a lot worse than you remeber me (which is actually saying worse than subpar >.>) the next time you see me, too.

Added: If you DO wanna smash with ME in particular for any seemingly dire reason, you can set up a time to come over my house =P

Top Bottom