• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Maryland Player Finder -.-

Zero34

Smash Lord
seed...since when have you ever played megaman anyway?

and we need to smash, ill call you sometime today, probably later

Nurok

Smash Lord
somone come to my house tomrrow to smash...
lmao
we got three people, we need a fourth.
PM me for address

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
So I guess there's no tourneys/fests this weekend?
Yeah, this weekend looks boring. Everyone should come to the gameroom in The Commons at UMBC on Saturday. It's open till like 1am. There are 5 tvs and 4 cubes and little competition for them. Oro used to play in the game room all the time, and Husband frequents it occasionally.

http://www.umbc.edu/aboutumbc/campusmap/map_flash.html

The address for UMBC is:

1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

The campus is all contained within a big circle. There is free parking along that circle. If you go to Building Directory and click The Commons, you'll find exactly where the building I'm referring to is located. The Game Room is on the 3rd floor of The Commons. There's not much on the 3rd floor, so if you walk around it's hard to miss it.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
UMBC can we host a small torny there, you could tell people about it an we could get a decent turn out.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
The only thing about hosting a smashfest this Saturday is that is very little advanced notice. I could do Saturday after this one, though. I will talk to the guys in the game room and maybe post a flyer or something so people know about it. I know I can tell about 16 smashers just by word of mouth, but many people go home on the weekends, or have something to do, so not that many would come... maybe 6, who knows. I'll definitely keep this in mind and post a thread up if I decide to do it. This month does need some more smashfests.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
okay UMBC that sounds like an idea w/ potential

Edit: is my sig moving for you guys?

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Alright, tomorrow (meaning Tuesday) I will discuss doing this with the gameroom staff for this Saturday, the 10th. I don't see why they wouldn't let me do it, but I'd like to have their support. I'd prefer not having Nurok's mini thing conflict with this, but... what I can do.

If we run a tourney, I cannot use my laptop to run Tournament Maker. Why? Because I run linux, and Tournament Maker only works on windows. Someone else would have to bring in their lappy or we'd have to do it by hand.

I'll update everyone by tomorrow afternoon whether this is going down or not, and when.

The Newb

Smash Ace
Alright, tomorrow (meaning Tuesday) I will discuss doing this with the gameroom staff for this Saturday, the 10th. I don't see why they wouldn't let me do it, but I'd like to have their support. I'd prefer not having Nurok's mini thing conflict with this, but... what I can do.

If we run a tourney, I cannot use my laptop to run Tournament Maker. Why? Because I run linux, and Tournament Maker only works on windows. Someone else would have to bring in their lappy or we'd have to do it by hand.

I'll update everyone by tomorrow afternoon whether this is going down or not, and when.
Thanks for moving forward with this, sounds like fun.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'll bring my laptop if you need it, and who wants to gimme a ride there since no one's offering rides for Nurok's? >_>

Nurok

Smash Lord
fine, if UMBC has his ****, I'm going to it.
the thing at my house is off.
hopefully somebody would be willing to drive me

Top Bottom