• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Marth Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player 7

Smash Cadet
lol @ being married and posting on smashboards

Brazil has a positive historic againt USA =)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ummm... Did you guys seriously do this? :|
Grow up.

If someone is being/trying to be helpful you DO NOT need to put them down for wrong information in the way you guys have been. And cross-country crap again? Wow.

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
Ummm... Did you guys seriously do this? :|
Grow up.

If someone is being/trying to be helpful you DO NOT need to put them down for wrong information in the way you guys have been. And cross-country crap again? Wow.
Even when they are giving correct information...

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Shaya... Chibi is saying you should SPAM full hop fair, never SH, and that will make you good vs snake... It's good but it's nowhere as good as he makes it out... SH fair and even retreating RAR'd bairs are pretty good too because of the way the hitboxes come out

>_>

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People exaggerate importance of certain things in match ups a lot.
Any smart player is aware that one thing and one thing only does NOT set a match up against a fellow high tier character. Mix ups are always key.
(except maybe dedede against marth and/or snake).

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Short Hops are good to chase snake and punish dash atack/dacus, I never said Never SH, but don't short hop near snake in neutral state =X

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
this is stupid. what chibi said about junk's marth was uncalled for, but if there was someone to be offended by him he would be junk and he clearly didn't care.

Then a pointless argument started over nothing. shaya already asked nicely. So, shall we stop here?

AND pleeease if anyone got any matches of marths MLG, please, post it here. =D

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
I do it a lot, but I just said that beacause marth has to play in a diferent style vs snake, and most Marths don't know how to do it, short hop vs snake really sux, you should full hop fair all day and stay away waiting for openings. once you get him off the ground you know what to do =p
Funny you didn't say all that fancy neutral position stuff before

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
Funny you didn't say all that fancy neutral position stuff before
I was just talking about the basic of gameplay vs Snake, or you want me to post the whole match up on a topic that is suposed to comment the videos?

And "really sux" isn't "never"
And this expression was used because you can aproach in almost all MUs with SH Fair

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Minty. ENOUGH. PEOPLE EXAGGERATE THE USE OF IMPORTANT THINGS IN MATCH UPS ALL THE TIME.
He already conceded this earlier.

Chibi, you AS WELL.

Temporary lock to stop the stupid. Personally the last few comments were actually OKAY, but considering the context and how you guys just keep going on and on it needs to stop.

-

Okay guys.
Stay classy.

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
Junks match wasn't that good btw, so I though I can post my match too =p
And where is the topic to post normal videos of marth?
I don't really want to critique this video because I know my mistakes

And that match we both were serious but lulz moments happens =x

And why the hells everybody has to complain about my posts? Thats why my friends said they don't post here ¬¬

∫unk

Smash Master
chibi, the difference is, Zex and I have pedigree (have won tournaments) and even if we don't have control of our character, we're making a lot of reads.

I'm near 100% certain you wouldn't have shieldbreaker'd where I did. The level of play is different. I'm not claiming to be a top Marth, but it's different from just attack -> dodge pattern that you see on a lot of your videos.

You don't really know how different of a level you are until you play against a top player. It might seem simple to play like a top player, or play even better, but until your ideas are foiled you just don't understand how unsafe they truly are.

That all said, I agree it wasn't a great match if you're looking for tournament level complete safety. However, it's still better than a majority of Marths (including yours).

I tried to be as clear and polite as possible, apologies if it came out the wrong way.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Tbh Junk, your matches aren't really post-worthy either. Courtesy aside, being better than those the majority of Marths doesn't mean that they are worth studying.

∫unk

Smash Master
I agree.

I'm not posting for people to study me and learn matchups lmao.

Playing Marth for me is like a Marth main playing Metaknight. It's fun.

Edit: Actually, shouldn't it be clear you should only be really studying one Marth? It's the Marth that's clearly the best and for good reason.

Everyone else has varying degrees of success in various situations, including myself. Some, like NEO, are way more successful more consistently.

That doesn't mean mine isn't worth looking at, I do some things well. I also do a lot of dumb things due to "external influences".

Double edit: I was just thinking about it, and this tread embodies everything I don't like about the Marth boards.

Who are Lord Chair or chibi to tell me anything about the video, isn't this Albert's thread?

Also, the whole flaming thing (that I wasn't a part of), although now I'm understanding why it happened.

I'm probably going to just maintain the Metagame thread. This is definitely not the old Marth boards anymore.

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
chibi, the difference is, Zex and I have pedigree (have won tournaments) and even if we don't have control of our character, we're making a lot of reads.

I'm near 100% certain you wouldn't have shieldbreaker'd where I did. The level of play is different. I'm not claiming to be a top Marth, but it's different from just attack -> dodge pattern that you see on a lot of your videos.

You don't really know how different of a level you are until you play against a top player. It might seem simple to play like a top player, or play even better, but until your ideas are foiled you just don't understand how unsafe they truly are.

That all said, I agree it wasn't a great match if you're looking for tournament level complete safety. However, it's still better than a majority of Marths (including yours).

I tried to be as clear and polite as possible, apologies if it came out the wrong way.
Yeah probably I wouldn't, he was at low %, with a grenade near him...
Affinity have "pedigree"? If yes you are underestimating me, because I always fight vs the player who beat him in Anime Friends, and Its pretty even...
But everythink I say here can be countered with "you are from Brazil" and " you play online" =/

Sorry if I'm sounding rude, I learned a lot with your guides and I'm very thankfull for that, and sorry for commenting your video, I like when someone comments mine, so I though you think the same

SH fair and even retreating RAR'd bairs are pretty good too because of the way the hitboxes come out
This is good to get away from Snake? or what situation?

Albert.

Smash Master
Affinity have "pedigree"? If yes you are underestimating me, because I always fight vs the player who beat him in Anime Friends, and Its pretty even...
But everythink I say here can be countered with "you are from Brazil" and " you play online" =/
wow at extreme Inui logic.

Oh and Affinity isn't a top player... He's decent in texas but that's about it.

Moving on:

I like Junk's post.

but... I have a massive headache/cold and I'm never really legitimately annoyed....

but right now I am.

Chibi- You suck. That's just how it is.

I SUCK TOO. But I'm running this thread, you're not.

(I will finish the thread soon)

Basically everybody on the Marth boards sucks unless they place at regionals or are ranked.

People that don't suck-
Junk
neo
chaz
royr
minty
MIKEHAZE
shaya
some people I've forgotten.

Using this general basis of "sucking" and "not sucking" you can actually decide whether or not you should post in this thread.

If you fall into the "sucking" category, then you can generally be sure that posts like "Well I don't like this vid" will be ignored or flamed heavily. If you suck, you should also avoid posting videos in this thread (AS I EXPLICITLY SAID in the original post.)

Chibi.... in the hyper-linked videos in the opening paragraphs there's some video linked to the words "Your scrubby wifi matches"

guess who's video I had put there before Shaya told me to change it out of niceness?

Before people flame me for being a **** OR Shaya gets on my case for being mean...

Sucking is not permanent.

sucking is relative.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
hey i dont suck!

*reads* ''some people I've forgotten''

ah nvm
still how COULD U FORGET ME MAN, ME...MEEEEE :'(

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
So take a look at this awesome Marth

BI11 -WB- Leon (Marth) VS Kaos (MK) [1/5]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9GDsfCRz4

And thanks for saying me and you suck, now I know what it means =]
Also my match wasn't scrubby nor wifi, and I don't really want it in the initial post
And I win all tournaments in my state lol
(don't take it serious)

You suck Mr-R =[

Albert.

Smash Master
Mr. R...

I hyped you up in part of my post about how some non-US marth's have proven themselves but then I guess I deleted that section cause it annoyed me and then I forgot to put you back in.

(True cause I wouldn't not say "Mr. R sucks" if I felt that way, which I don't)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
hahaha im just kidding :p
u know i love everyone here (H), yes even u minty

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yay, PEACE TREATY :D

Anyway Im glad you guys resolved this yourselves.
Vids you want to post here are at least meant to be discussed. I think a lot of levels of players can post a video in here if they seriously felt it was worth watching (educational). If others feel the same (about the video) perhaps it can be thrown into the character vs character section. The boards have a bit of a better structure now for these things though:

1. Social thread for videos with the intent of funny / lol, not to be taken too seriously
2. The critique thread for those who want someone to point out things you need to improve on.
3. This video thread. For obvious high level players, or videos which can be a good representative of a match up for people to watch.
4. Metagame thread. For someone wanting to discuss a match/set that obviously has interesting things to discuss, it would most likely end up in the video thread as well if it applies.
The metagame and video thread definitely overlap a bit when it comes to videos, which is fine. I suppose the difference is the video thread would be like wow amazing and wow that option you picked there was GREAT! whilst the metagame thread would hopefully have a deeper discussion of things.

Oh and I definitely suck. I am extremely hesitant about saying heres my vids add em into the front because I am fully aware I suck (hell Im pretty sure I said to albert i shouldnt be in the front list of names, but I guess he loves me? <3)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shaya with that intimidation skill.

Seeing Kadaj beat AZ gives me hope. Can't believe I never saw that vid before.

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
you guys are so picky with vids.

EVERYONE makes mistakes, even m2k.

I feel it's easier recognize mistakes in matches played by others, so when you play you like "i ain't doing the same s*** that ______ did". Of course if the guy has no friggin idea of what he's doing it won't help, but yeah, I do think that any advanced player's videos has potential to help other players.

but that's just my point of view, the noob's one. i'll watch every video in any thread anyway.

JonT

Smash Rookie
I like this high level marth play.
But why is junk on it if he dose not use marth in tourney?
sure hes ranked but thats for D3 and Mk Not marth lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom