• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Marth Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas M

Smash Master
yet another person has a problem with junk's marth being here.

just because he doesn't use marth in tourney doesn't mean he's not good with him. the vid is here because marths can learn something from it.
not attacking you personally or anything but some people have been complaining about it lately.

JonT

Smash Rookie
So then can i post vids of my marth on here?
Or your gunna be bi-est ?

Albert.

Smash Master
gtfo JonT :)

At least put up my decent videos of my marth :(
Well I would but Shaya wants videos of the past 6 months or so and it seems like most of your vids of the past 6 months are MK :/

TO THE Annoyances in this thread:

Please note how quickly I responded to somebody who had something intelligent to say.

pipe--

Smash Cadet

Mr-R

Smash Champion
oh yeah, we gotta record the next time we play ;D

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Us Texas Marths do love our Up B. haha

*copies Roy R's exact movements*

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
My favorites where the ones where Marth won, lawl.

Still, I would like to see some videos of strange MU's like ZSS and R.O.B. More x_x.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Wassup every1, just thought id post some vids of me, there a month old but i havent really played much in a month so yeah new enough.

Match 1 & 2http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9wz30SXUHo

Match 3 & 4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65kXjvS3CA4

Match 5http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC9orRgGbug

Any advice u guys have to offer would be cool as well :p. Also im the best Marth in "England" (UK), will play against Mr.R in 2 month yeah Ramin?

Also i can get some more videos for Matchups such as Falco, Ike, Samus and maybe a few more.

Albert.

Smash Master
Wassup every1, just thought id post some vids of me, there a month old but i havent really played much in a month so yeah new enough.

Match 1 & 2http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9wz30SXUHo

Match 3 & 4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65kXjvS3CA4

Match 5http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC9orRgGbug

Any advice u guys have to offer would be cool as well :p. Also im the best Marth in "England" (UK), will play against Mr.R in 2 month yeah Ramin?

Also i can get some more videos for Matchups such as Falco, Ike, Samus and maybe a few more.
Your Marth is decent but we honestly don't need these videos. (We have much better players for this Match-up Anyway)

It seems like you're always going for the flashy stuff and you play MAD unsafe sometimes. It worked for the first two matches but it seems like he adapted by the third one (didn't watch 4 and 5, results said the Snake won)
You do ridiculous things and you get punished HARD for it.

So anyway I think your post is better suited for the "Video Critique thread"

If you want to get some good videos of you VS some of the mid/lower tiered characters, that would be appreciated. (you mentioned Samus)

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Well i do play Calzorz like every week near enough, we have always gone pretty even, but in tourney i do tend to go for silly options, aka UpB lol.

In 2 weeks i can get some matches vs the best Samus in Europe, so yeah i can record some games i hope, also i can get Falco games as well, against a really good Falco. if u want those.

Albert.

Smash Master

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
The Snake doesnt look like he playing correctly in the first match, hes approaching lol. Didnt watch 2nd.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I only really watched the second match you linked. RedJ does the matchup fairly well, but you should keep in mind that not only the Marth, but also the opponent should know what he's doing. Not saying Erow sucks (per se), but at least he wasn't playing all too well.

Albert.

Smash Master
Those are TWO different matches against two different players.

The first Match, from a year ago, VS Erow- Erow actually won the set, taking the 1st and the third game. I guess he knows what he's doing... but Red obviously outplayed him the 2nd game.

BTW- NEO approved of that match lol. When Junk posted it he was like "wow He's doing some things that I should be doing"

NEO (who is very hard to please) appreciating that match...it kind of makes the naysayers look foolish.

Oh and the other RedJ set is VS Edo (did you get the names confused?)

Anaki- reckless Dolphin Slashing is exactly what I was talking about. I'm no Marth expert but you were also really really aggro the whole match lol. Sometimes that's necessary but sometimes you have to give them time to worry lol. I have the same problem sometimes.

The Marth/Snake MU isn't really in either character's favor (in my opinion) but I think that we can all agree that Marth has to put in a lot more work to get the damage/kills in. I feel your pain Anaki, I feel it!!! UTilt's ridiculous range and speed will always be a problem >_<

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Hahahahaha i know, the Snake matchup seems completly different to every other single matchup, and im an aggressive player, i like to play as fast as i can sometimes simply bcuz i find it more fun, but in this Matchup thats not the case, patience is da way.

Calzorz is really really good though and is currently UK no1 with myself trailing behind, we play so often together we know each others playstyle, although i feel stuck for options in some positions, its why i needed advice :p. Anyway lets not talk about this in this thread, post any sort of advice or something over in the Critique thread.

Also Ramin wheres the video of You vs Leon at?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I foresee another lock coming! :o Hahaha!

So, even if I'm not a super Marth, I could get some vids of me beating one of the better ZSSs around and they'd get put up?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Random question before I post anything: I noticed you guys are looking for matches that showcase play against well-known players.

Due to my geographical region, there aren't any you guys would know. However, if the gameplay is still higher quality, are you willing to accept videos?

Albert.

Smash Master
Random question before I post anything: I noticed you guys are looking for matches that showcase play against well-known players.

Due to my geographical region, there aren't any you guys would know. However, if the gameplay is still higher quality, are you willing to accept videos?
Yeah bro, but I would really prefer videos that ARENT against the top tiers

we don't have any lucario videos

unless we count Pierce VS irji where He ran away the whole match

that was hilarious

but yeah

mid-tiers and low tiers we have A DEFICIT OF VIDEOS

I am sober now.

I promise.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey Anaky,

I can tell you aren't bad, your speed of pressure is quite good, and you do mix up things more than most. But your dash to spot dodge approaching every time was bad, as was going for db1 to grab every time. Your air dodge habits really need a kicker to the teeth.

but you definitely are playing the match up TERRIBLY. Somewhat think you are above posting vids in the critique thread (at least for now) when you should be focussing on ... playing the match up better. Or cutting back on you trying to show off. From other parts of your vids I know you can know how to play better.

I guess the vids would be good for entertainment value due to the lol stuff.
Actually the castle siege match wasn't bad at all.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah bro, but I would really prefer videos that ARENT against the top tiers

we don't have any lucario videos

unless we count Pierce VS irji where He ran away the whole match

that was hilarious

but yeah

mid-tiers and low tiers we have A DEFICIT OF VIDEOS

I am sober now.

I promise.
I'll see what I have. Any interest in ROB or ZSS? I also have plenty of Snake, a few of ICe Climbers and Diddy, lots of Pika.... I might have some others, I'll check through later.

Player-3

Smash Hero
k albert

i always get reflex or lounis in brackets so i'll just remember to replay it lol

and MM some people

oh yeah, kismet more than likely also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom