• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Marth Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-R

Smash Champion

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I posted them in video critique but apparently I'm not allowed to post there, even if I'm just curious as to how precisely you are incorrectly handling the Peach MU.

∫unk

Smash Master
Mr R have you tried full hoping and constantly just being above peach?

Your f-air is brutal if youre above her, you just have to be tricky when you go down (platform stages help)

I think it's way better fighting like that than even dealing with her d-air and f-air on the ground or sh height.

I tried playing a ground game and it wasn't working at all on Sky, then I just started fullhopping all over the place and since peach has less mobility it made it a lot harder for him.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Mr R have you tried full hoping and constantly just being above peach?

Your f-air is brutal if youre above her, you just have to be tricky when you go down (platform stages help)

I think it's way better fighting like that than even dealing with her d-air and f-air on the ground or sh height.

I tried playing a ground game and it wasn't working at all on Sky, then I just started fullhopping all over the place and since peach has less mobility it made it a lot harder for him.
That's exactly what I told Ramin weeks before this took place. Also, he was FHing all over the place..

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Or maybe Peach can handle full hop aerials if that's all you do?

We should all know by now that in most match ups we need to naturally mix up or we'll lose... I guess I'll have a look at Mr.R's videos at some point and see if I spot some [over] obvious patterns.

:)

Albert.

Smash Master
All i noticed was how ****ty the MK mr r fights is LOL

d-tilt d-tilt spot dodge X2

so bad holy crap
Then tell me, how many times have you ever been in grand finals of an national tournament ?
oh no, no, we are NOT starting up this s*** again. Not in my thread. You guys can do that over Private mesgs if you absolutely have to.

Minty- That comment was mad rude and uncalled for. Do you think that the U.S. MKs would be half as good if they didn't have each other to compare themselves to and fight all the time? m2k is a huge portion of why they're so good, anyway.

zeroL- I'll just go ahead and counter your logic like Minty would, but I'll do so more respectfully.
North America ***** bias would indicate that somebody that places 7th at a huge american tourney (like mints) would DEF place in GF at one of your tourneys (like Kaos)

But actually there's not enough evidence on EITHER side to continue **** talking like you guys do.

And YES I'm making generalizations, I don't care, just stfu this debate is pointless, Any posts after this will be immediately reported.

EDIT: holy **** MR. R Ninja'd me and he said all I needed to say but with only like 5 words. lmao

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
All I noticed was how AWESOME shaya is, and how simply amazing everyone else was at not responding to my obvious trolling. Seriously guys, TOP SHOW! Proud of all of you.

Oh shaya, he be rad.
every aussies rad,

Southern Hemisphere is da bess

And this is my way of saying, Don't Start / Continue this crap. I was nice enough to give 1 point infractions last time, I'll most likely be doing 2-3 if you don't heed this warning.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
SOOO anyway what about the matches against istudying ?
I think those show fairly enough on how to handle the diddy mu ?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I found some of the things in both of your istudying matches to be awkward.
Mostly of what seemed to be a lack of fear of that EVIL forward air. I'm still learning that mu, and you did a lot of cool mix ups that don't necessarily make the match up. One other thing was the item zoning you tried a few times I felt could improve (z catching so you can use aerials because istudying generally started just catching the nanas you threw at him from the air on prediction).

I'd love if you could go in depth about your mindset throughout the match (like what you were looking for and stuff)

Ughh for some reason youtube won't load the second match :(
Surprised you cp'd smashville though man!

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8LzBl9RvL0#t=2m23s

Is running usmash guaranteed oos vs Diddy's fair? If so, wouldn't that make fsmash guaranteed too? Possibilities.

Also, not sure what you were doing with the z drop nana edgeguards. Throw them at him when he's recovering, but once he's on the ledge just throw them out of his reach. Marth already destroys Diddy on the ledge.

Also, since punishing Diddy's landing lag with dtilt is so difficult, try walking forward to regrab. You can ps fair on reaction pretty easily.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8LzBl9RvL0#t=2m23s

Is running usmash guaranteed oos vs Diddy's fair? If so, wouldn't that make fsmash guaranteed too? Possibilities.

Also, not sure what you were doing with the z drop nana edgeguards. Throw them at him when he's recovering, but once he's on the ledge just throw them out of his reach. Marth already destroys Diddy on the ledge.

Also, since punishing Diddy's landing lag with dtilt is so difficult, try walking forward to regrab. You can ps fair on reaction pretty easily.
did u even watch the 2nd match xD?
down tilt is EXTREMELY good against diddy imo even better (and somewhat easier for me) than a regrab
also yeah shaya i just dunno what to do with those nana's o.o
try this link shaya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBbZ4U5dmV8
I cp'd sv because its my favorite stage xD

Albert.

Smash Master
Fizzle you shouldn't be critiquing his Dtilt usage... If it worked. rofl

You also seem to be forgetting that Dtilt has IASA frames, Making DTilt> grab a decent frame trap. Do remember that if you whiff a grab in that situation they get a free punish

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I do not that Ramin used dtilt to punish iStud's landing too often, he should've gone for Dancing Blade more often considering how stale his fair tended to be.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
D tilt is better near the edge because the knockback sends them downwards and sets them up in a ***** up position ALSO i wouldn't be covering all option with dancing blade *referring to what albert said bout DTilt> grab*
AND i couldn't finish like HALVE my dancing blades because of the HD tv i swear lol
u see me fail that move so many times >.< and it looks hella scrubby xD

∫unk

Smash Master
you could do like the first 3 hits of dancing blade, finish with the green one. that'll put them in a similar area to d-tilt (i think), and you get 3 moves of refresh instead of 1.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Fizzle you shouldn't be critiquing his Dtilt usage... If it worked. rofl

You also seem to be forgetting that Dtilt has IASA frames, Making DTilt> grab a decent frame trap. Do remember that if you whiff a grab in that situation they get a free punish
Wow it was just a suggestion. At least I'm actually trying to help players instead of meatriding them...

No wonder Marth boards ****ing suck now.

And I know dtilt has IASA. But that does no good if Diddy just shields it and rolls away/punishes you, which is exactly what happened in his first round. I suggested grabbing Diddy out of airdodge since the timing window is easier. Ramin landed the dtilts better in the second round (which I hadn't seen at the time).

DB is more rewarding than dtilt, but dtilt is safer. Its range (plus Marth ducking low) protects you from Diddy's fair, which will smack you hard if you try to run DB him.

clowsui

Smash Legend
as opposed to figuratively? i dislike that phrase, people should stop using it

peach's fair when autocancelled + spaced perfectly is +6 on block + she has ways around all of the things you're mentioning iirc, have fun fighting her on the ground all day

the key to this MU like many MUs is just mixing up

peach has a hard time transitioning between her zones so abuse the fact that you have greater mobility than she does and wall her out by changing height + time of aerials and scaring her into doing/not doing ish

clowsui

Smash Legend
@chair no, she can't guarantee grab because the autocancel range is outside of her grab range

she can fair jab as shield pressure though

edit:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264136

yeah + includes the shield drop

idk about trying to react to deep fair perfect autocancel though, considering the up b, even if it does come out, will have reduced KB + you'll be laggin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom