• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Luigi in Brawl Topic (CONFIRMED! Pictures inside!)

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
You guys actually want to change Luigi's current down+b! It is so OP! I protest any notions of Luigi having a vacuum because it signifies he like vacuums SUCK!:mad:

Which is just an evil evil lie.

This topic must not die! Keep it alive!

So... I read some complaints from people about changing Luigi's down-b to a vacuum. I agree and would rather it not change the down b from the awesome state it is in to the crappy state of mario's current d - air, but to make side b the vacuum instead because it can still launch luigi the same as the green missile but instead would also suck in projectiles while it is sucking on ground and in air would launch him.
Wow... huge run on sentence, anyhow, thoughts?

Boxob

Smash Champion
I think that the vacuum could be a way to keep Mario and Luigi similar while still keeping them different. It could be the opposite of the FLUDD attack of Mario's.

Well... while that would be in keeping with "tradition", I think it's time Luigi has his own very distinct and unique moveset, even if that means changing the button that he uses to vacuum (gasp!).
I would like the sucker (pun intended) to be in, but not like that.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Toss this thread a Phoenix Down!

I think that the vacuum could be a way to keep Mario and Luigi similar while still keeping them different. It could be the opposite of the FLUDD attack of Mario's.
Exactly my thoughts. F.L.U.D.D. would spit water at them knocking them off screen and Luigi's Poltergust 3000 would suck them in, similar in an opposite fashion yet very different in so many different ways.

Toss this thread a Phoenix Down!
Yes! Someone is excited as I am!
Exactly my thoughts. F.L.U.D.D. would spit water at them knocking them off screen and Luigi's Poltergust 3000 would suck them in, similar in an opposite fashion yet very different in so many different ways.
True enough, but the awesome Luigi Tornado running everyone down? I'd rather have that then the vacuum anyday, honestly. And I really like Luigi's D-air move too: it would really suck if luigi's d-air changed to something like Mario's current d-air.
Bottom line:
I'd rather have Luigi's tornado rather then a vacuum because I spam that move all the time.
I'd rather have Luigi's D-air rather then a gay tornado in air that isn't going to do anything like Mario's brawl d-air.
Agreements? Disagreements?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Ah, true enough, but yeah, like you stated in the later portion of your comment. It might get changed to his downward smash instead of special, so his down special is now open to something different.

I'm not a real big Luigi user, because he was still similar to Mario to me, even though he had the forward A with lunging fists, and Green Missiles, but the coin uppercuts and tornadoes, and fireballs were still very Mario-esque.

But I really do hope to see some new moves for him, I definately might consider choosing him more often in Brawl if he gets new moves. He wasn't bad of a character, not at all, but he still had lots of improvement, and I hope Sakurai makes us proud. xD

Yes, but my main is Luigi and I don't want him getting stuck with gay moves (although some would argue he is gay).
Bottom line is that if that move gets crippled then he should get an equally buff move. That's all.
Off Topic:Ness is gone and I'm sad since he was one of my secondaries.
-moment of silence-

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Great minds must think alike, because I thought that as well!

Anyway, aside the fact that Luigi should have a couple of new moves(as well as a Final Smash that is completely different than his brother's), I hope they change his voice this time around. Using a higher version of Mario's voice was a cheap trick(do they think we are THAT gullible?:mad:). Luigi has had his own voice for a few years now, so it should be put to good use.

what about Luigi's final smash mabey his vacuum could come in there
Possibly, but what would his vacuum do? Suck them in and shoot them out a crazy speeds as a final smash? I don't know how much I would really like that.
I would honestly prefer to have Luigi transform into Mr. L from super paper mario and to cause havok all over the stage by being 100% invincible while his L-bot flys and shoots randomly.
How awesome would that be?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking more along the lines of getting his vacuum and giving it a big jolt of electricity from M&L: SSS, making it super powered and the vacuum sucks everyone one in from one side regardless of distance, and they explode sending them flying with very high knock back. He could turn into Mr. L as he goes vacuum crazy with an angry expression on his face.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
How about replace Luigi's side-B green missile attack and put vaccum (well w/o an attack to move hortizonally to get back on ledge maybe you can suk your self back? or replace the A moves)

And maybe even replace his down-B too which opens another possibility for a new move.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
If luigi is not in it, than my head asplode. luigi to mario is diddy to DK. he's gotta be in.
That Luigi pic is well done ridley ftb.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
Possibly, but what would his vacuum do? Suck them in and shoot them out a crazy speeds as a final smash? I don't know how much I would really like that.
I would honestly prefer to have Luigi transform into Mr. L from super paper mario and to cause havok all over the stage by being 100% invincible while his L-bot flys and shoots randomly.
How awesome would that be?
that or he could use the emblams

Alrighty, to re-cap, let's see where this Luigi thread has been:
Discussions:
-Moveset:
+Vacuum has been the number 1 item discussed. How should it be used?
-Some have argued for it to used as recovery (suck in with the vacuum and release)
-Absorbing Projectiles and releasing them
-Sucking up characters
+D - air attack: Will it change to Luigi Tornado?
+Down-B attack: Will Luigi Tornado be gone?
+Final Smash- What'll it be?
-Mr. L
-Emblems from Luigi's Mansion (Review how it would work???)
-Some Vacuum combo
-Lightning Bolt thing from M and L SSS
+UpB - It should be at an angle, yes?
Other items (some of these are mine)
+Voice: Should Luigi's voice be original?
+Taunt: Should all of his taunts hurt enemies?
+Costume: Most definetely Fire Luigi costume. Other thoughts?
Alright everybody, have at it???
Back to Final Smash discussion!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Didn't he have a Fire Luigi costume in both of the other SSB games? I think he should have a black and purple color scheme for Waluigi as well.

Anyway...Luigi for Brawl; the only other Mario character we need.

erm....
Alright, I'm sick of random people posting "I like down b vacuum." I want reasons why and how it would operate. It is MOST likely his down b, and that's why I'm sick of people that probably don't main Luigi typing jargon in here.
Topics:
Final Smash
Costumes
Overall Moveset
We can already guess his vacuum will pop up somewhere, so give it a rest, will you? As a Luigi main, it offends me when people post crap on this thread...
sheesh...

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Final Smash
I saw this one FS involving the vacuum somewhere on these boards.
Let me see if I can find it...

EDIT:
Spaz_haz said:
Luigi: Ghostbuster: (im really not good with naming these) Luigi turns his vacuum on to exhale and expels ghosts from his vacuum. Luigi is stationary while doing this and if any foe gets hit by the ghosts as they are expelled, they receive major damage. But that is not all.. A field of Stationary ghosts will appear on the screen in random locations (kind of like that random level in the first super Mario with Yoshi). These ghosts can hit everyone including Luigi and last for around 30 secs. As with Luigi's attacks in SBM (especially that Luigi missile, if you can use it properly.), Luigi's final smash is a danger to himself as well as others.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think they should change Luigi's movements up a little. 'Cause, as of late, Luigi's been faster and jumps higher (and, as such, farther) but weaker and lighter than Mario and, of course, has lower traction.. So...he should have more horizontal movement in the air and not just for his Up B (which I think should go higher as well...<_<) but for his jumps as well. Maybe make him play like a heavier floater without the floating.

He needs an actually useful projectile because defying gravity isn't a good balance for being slower and weaker. If he keeps his fireball it should be faster and stronger (and should make people burn green...<_<) but if they go with something like the Thunderhand...I just want him to have a useful projectile.

With more horizontal-ness, the Missile could be obsolete...I always thought it was way to laggy and his recovery setup altogether really held him back somewhat. If it was faster, like they seemingly made Pikachu's Skullbash, I wouldn't mind it back.

His Super Jump Punch needs some horizontal movement to it, like most people have said, but I think it should be higher but not as horizontal as Mario's. Like, maybe a little closer to Mr. Game & Watch's in arc. I think it'd be cool if the window for the sweet-spot re-opened at the peak of the attack...but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

The Cyclone was a rather cool move. Luigi's variant could remain as his down-b to keep intact everything about it from SSBM...I'd rather not lose his down aerial move. :/

As for his standard attacks, more "Luigification" would be cool...but remaining alike to Mario would still make just as much sense.

Also, in regards to his vacuum...I don't really care either way. His neutral B or forward B could be replaced (as long as the other changes above occur) and really care...Being used in his Final Smash would be pretty cool. Maybe use the emblems for a Mario Finale type attack or one of the cooler ones that have been suggested in this thread.

Regardless, I'll still play as Luigi 'cause he's Luigi. :/ C'mon Luigi update. :O

I think they should change Luigi's movements up a little. 'Cause, as of late, Luigi's been faster and jumps higher (and, as such, farther) but weaker and lighter than Mario and, of course, has lower traction.. So...he should have more horizontal movement in the air and not just for his Up B (which I think should go higher as well...<_<) but for his jumps as well. Maybe make him play like a heavier floater without the floating.

He needs an actually useful projectile because defying gravity isn't a good balance for being slower and weaker. If he keeps his fireball it should be faster and stronger (and should make people burn green...<_<) but if they go with something like the Thunderhand...I just want him to have a useful projectile.

With more horizontal-ness, the Missile could be obsolete...I always thought it was way to laggy and his recovery setup altogether really held him back somewhat. If it was faster, like they seemingly made Pikachu's Skullbash, I wouldn't mind it back.

His Super Jump Punch needs some horizontal movement to it, like most people have said, but I think it should be higher but not as horizontal as Mario's. Like, maybe a little closer to Mr. Game & Watch's in arc. I think it'd be cool if the window for the sweet-spot re-opened at the peak of the attack...but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

The Cyclone was a rather cool move. Luigi's variant could remain as his down-b to keep intact everything about it from SSBM...I'd rather not lose his down aerial move. :/

As for his standard attacks, more "Luigification" would be cool...but remaining alike to Mario would still make just as much sense.

Also, in regards to his vacuum...I don't really care either way. His neutral B or forward B could be replaced (as long as the other changes above occur) and really care...Being used in his Final Smash would be pretty cool. Maybe use the emblems for a Mario Finale type attack or one of the cooler ones that have been suggested in this thread.

Regardless, I'll still play as Luigi 'cause he's Luigi. :/ C'mon Luigi update. :O
Awesome response. Another Luigi player, I see. I completely agree with the physics and attack power you suggested for Luigi.
Well, I do like his side b having some horizontal recovery but I'd rather not see the missile come back: I would be an alternate to Wario's fart. If the vacuum could be used there for recovery that would just be plain awesome (like some kind of jet pack thing in mid air and with suction on the ground). I would rather keep Luigi's Tornado as a down b too. Thoughts?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Heheh, it'd be rather awesome to see Luigi get launched into the air in a big cloud of dust. Suck people towards you and charge it at the same time. You'd think that, as a guy who's known for being a better jumper than someone known for their supernatural jumping ability, he'd have a good recovery...and having a few options for that wouldn't hurt.

Also, in SMW for the GBA, Luigi's fireballs are bouncier than Mario's...What if they made Luigi's fireballs like Dr. Mario's pills? People usually think that, since Dr. Mario was a Mario clone, Mario would get some of his moves but I don't see why Luigi couldn't borrow some as well.
Like that back air...<_<

Ha, yeah I can see that for Luigi (the bouncing fireballs) and I would still like his aerial attacks to remain pure awesome as well.
Well... I didn't like Dr M in Melee too much (mostly because of his speed) and I'd rather Luigi remain a fairly quick character at least with his moves. The Luigi chop is just too awesome for words.
I would think Thunder hand from Mario and Luigi would be an awesome projectile too! I could go sideways or straight down: Sideways if Luigi is on the ground (directly in front of him) and straight down under him (if in mid air). ?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, for the Dr. Mario stuff, it'd just be adding the effect to the already cloned move; like, the back air would just hit with a lower angled knockback. The Chop is the supreme move of moves.

That does make sense about the Thunderhand. They could have it shoot down at someone and it would knock them up at you for you to own them with some sexy aerial attacks.

Luigi is the master of the sex kick.
*cough* Anywho, I would like the b-air to be more like Dr Mario's downwards thrust. That sounded bad...
Final Smash thought here: If he does have thunder hand, then as Mario uses Fire as his Final Smash, then Luigi uses Thunder as HIS final smash.
Savvy?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, that could work. Maybe make his forward smash electrically charged, too. Or maybe have the electricity extend it...It already has crazy range, though, so probably just electrically charged for aesthetics. And make it a Thunder Jump Punch instead of a flaming one. And make the lightning green like in MSC.

It would be crazy awesome too if his forward smash had a little more range though... like vertical range with the electricity.
I did like the thunder punch in MandL, but I really don't think it would work as an up b killer move. I just imagine it shock the junk out of them and them not being sent on their merry way.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
I reckon it would be cool if they completely changed Luigi. Give him the Poltergust 3000 as a permanent part of him, not like Mario's FLUDD. He'd be heavier, but they could be very inventive with his moveset...

Well, just what I think. I'm not insulting anyone's opinions here.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think they should revamp him and give him the vaccum as well as the electrical attributes from the Mario and Luigi games.

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
I know what his fs could be! Its like the mario fanale but way different. He releases boos and they all charge towards the other side of the screen knocking off foes as they go but when they reach the end they turn around and go towrds luigi, scared sucks them back up and the final smash is over. Note: luigi is invincible during this time.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Don't worry it's a lot better than posting "Luigi will be in for sure!" :laugh:

It would be nice if he was confirmed soon.:ohwell:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Ok 1 it wouldn't be Super Smash BROS. Brawl If Luigi Wasn't In and 2. to channel Youko ITS LUIGI get over it!

Top Bottom