• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Luigi in Brawl Topic (CONFIRMED! Pictures inside!)

Stalky

Smash Cadet
I think his fireballs and uppercut should be kept. I wouldn't like to see him changed so much that he's not the Luigi we unlocked in SSB64 anymore. However, his side B is bloody rubbish and needs replacing.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
What was the point of that?

Gosh, I'm no mod, but it seems ridiculous to me that everybody can come in here ignoring the point of this topic and saying "Luigi will be in for sure!" I made it clear in my first post that this is to discuss how he can/might be changed. If all you have to say is "Luigi will be in Brawl!", and you say it rudely like nobody here understands that, then don't say anything at all.

Thunderhand for B move!
Agreed, Thunderhand for B Move!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I like the green missle too. His uppercut of Doom is great also.

I think Thunderhand could just be a Smash attack. Just a good one. It fits and it opens him up to other attacks. His tornado moved to his Dair aswell. But instead of the P3000 taking it's place, it replaces the fireball. I think it's fairly useless and he could even you the P3000 as a tether recovery (like mentioned^).

He should have a completely new DownB though. Maybe something where he just has green fire expand around him. Meh? o_O

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Anyways I'd kind of like to see an electric move from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Sure Pikachu has electricity, but at least it could differentiate him from Mario and perhaps get rid of his green Fireball once and for all.
That has to be one of the better ideas I have ever seen for Luigi.

I'd love to see it implied in the game. :D

My overall idea for his special moveset would be..

B - Thunderhand
Side B - Green Missile
Up B - Uppercut thingy
Down B - Poltergust 3000.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That has to be one of the better ideas I have ever seen for Luigi.

I'd love to see it implied in the game. :D

My overall idea for his special moveset would be..

B - Thunderhand
Side B - Green Missile
Up B - Uppercut thingy
Down B - Poltergust 3000.
Seems like a good moveset...

I don't quite understand how the Poltergust 3000 would work. I used to think about how awesome of an idea it would be, but then recently I've thought "but all it does is suck in things!" Which Kirby already does. Plus Luigi wouldn't have the special abilities that Kirby gets from his move, and how would they get out of the vacuum? lol

Still yes, the Thunderhand move is a great idea. I would be disappointed if Luigi kept the Green fireball move. That's just not him...

Altus_Consul

Smash Rookie
I think it would be interesting to see the Poltergust 3000 as a grab. Be somewhat like a grapple beam and somewhat laggy and maybe let him float a wee bit in the air. Say as you get close to the ledge, use it to draw him closer and the up B or jump to the ledge. Maybe above the ledge let it pull the enemy toward him and disrupt an edgeguard. I think it would add a fresh interesting dynamic to the game as a whole. As he grabs them, do say 3 damage when it hits and then increasing the longer you hold them and etc...or maybe simply a b attack to suck in any energy projectiles and somehow fire them back or charge his own projectile. Say, use it as a standard b move and when the P3000 is full he can release some sort of his own powerful projectile.

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
Mr Green is in... No sweat! Thats like saying Master hand wont return...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Mr Green is in... No sweat! Thats like saying Master hand wont return...
Who in here said that he wasn't returning?

This topic isn't about discussing his chances of making it in...

BTW, Altus_Consul, interesting idea... I never thought of it that way.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
I think they should trash the side-B. Give him a unique and useful B-Up, and a unique and useful side-b.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It is general discussion
However "Luigi's going to return!" has been said so many times in this topic it's gotten really annoying after a while. There's no real discussion to his chances of making it in.

I think they should trash the side-B. Give him a unique and useful B-Up, and a unique and useful side-b.
But his side B was his only (completely) unique move. Oh well, I guess if he gets a full revamp of his moveset that's fine. I always found the misfiring funny.

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
Who in here said that he wasn't returning?

This topic isn't about discussing his chances of making it in...
Ohh my bad >.< Sorry I must've read something wrong...

On a new and slightly more relevant note, I agree that his Luigi cyclone will be replaced by this poltergust, I'll be funny because it would be the opposite of Mario's F.L.U.D.D, and draw enemies towards you, like into motion sensor mines XD

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
If Luigi gets the poltergust 3000 then it would work like F.L.U.D.D but instead of water, it's wind so it wouldn't suck like Kirby's suck move.

Luigi's final smash would be like Mario's final smash except change the fire to thunder

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
It could! Also he has those gloves frm the bros game! The thunder gloves.
Are you sure? Man, if that's the case then there's a good chance we'll see Luigi using one or more electric attacks the way Dr. Mario did in Melee. It never did make sense to me why they did that... Mario's smash is a dead ringer for the "Fire Brand" move from Mario and Luigi: The Superstar Saga. and yet Luigi's "Thunder Hand" move went to Dr. Mario.... so strange. As cool as all of the poking and karate chops were, I really would enjoy seeing Luigi with a little electricity added to his move set. And whereas the Poltergust could be interesting, it could also be really useless and annoying- but it's all moot point if he doesn't get the thing.

EDIT: On recovering from my complete brain lapse, I just remembered, Luigi's not even confirmed yet. Where did you get the idea that he'd have the Thunder hand gloves?

>.>

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I always thought, (and often said) "YES!" when the green missile misfired and I hit an enemy It turns into an insanely powerful move, and it's also useful for getting away and recovering.

Luigi is kind of a luck-of-the-draw character. If you manage to get lucky with his up-B and side-B, then you can smash your opponents away easily.

Mallhew

Smash Cadet
Nintendo realized the commercial fallibility of Luigi with the debut of his game.

He won't return.

(Seriously0 though,, have you guys considered he might be a secret character again? That would explain the complete lack of updates on him.)

Mallhew

Smash Cadet
Nintendo realized the commercial fallibility of Luigi with the debut of his game.

He won't return.

(Seriously0 though,, have you guys considered he might be a secret character again? That would explain the complete lack of updates on him.)

Mallhew

Smash Cadet

He won't return.

(Seriously, though,, have you guys considered he might be a secret character again? That would explain the complete lack of updates on him.)

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
luigi should be in.
final smash: Vacuum on blow
effect: blows smashers to one side of the screen via air
recoil: but pressure also pushes luigi to the other side of the screen, may cause SD.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think Luigi's FS should be (due to his green missile move) is when he turns into a green bullet bill with a mustache and Luigi cap and it explodes in 5 seconds, hurting everyone in it's range

PMXD

Smash Rookie
I think Luigi's FS should be to get a mega mushroom or something.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
for luigi's final smash he goes insane from being in mario's shadow and pulls out a chainsaw. No not really I think his FS should be a mega mushroom so he can crush his enemies. Just like PMXD said.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Okay, I know I posted a potential special moveset here earlier that included using the Poltergust 3000. Here's how I think it'd work.

I think it'd work like Mr.G&W's Down B.
When some kind of projectile is fired at Luigi and you press down-b, he pulls out the Poltergust for a second and will suck it into the vacuum. After you collect so many projectiles, preferably 3, it will become full and when you press down-b again it can send out (randomly):

Fireballs: Causes burn that lasts about 3 seconds (dealing 10 damage/ second with low knockback).
Iceballs: Has high chance of freezing opponent (deals 20 damage on contact with mild knockback).
Waterballs: Makes your character slippery (deals 10 damage on contact with high knockback).

OR

Some kind of ghost that flies foward and hits the opponent with mild power and high knockback. It then disappears.

Comments?

PMXD

Smash Rookie
I now feel like explaining the mega shroom FS thing. >_>

Luigi grabs a smash ball, and a Mega Mushroom appears at the top of the screen. No one other than Luigi can get it. When he gets it, he damages anyone he runs in to. And when he jumps and you press down, he ground pounds. This does massive damage (lol sony's embarrassing press conference) and spikes everyone and sends them away from Luigi.

And SSBB needs an NSMB reference other than music anyway. It's probably the best thing that's not green finale.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
For mega mushroom I thought you meant he grows giant and becomes invicible and steps on the unlucky players.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
luigi's got to be in why would they put him in both ssb and ssbm and then just take him out of brawl it dosn't make sense!

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
For his final smash he summons mario to his side (wheter he's curretly in the fight or not) and then beats the living snot out of him, while screaming "I'M IMPORTANT tOO!, MOMMA ALWAYS LIKED YOU BEST!"

only kills mario.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
...was mario's luigi color scheme in melee? i can't seem to remember...
Color scheme? What are you talking about?

There's a green and brown alternate color for Mario in Melee (and in Brawl as well, confirmed by a video.), but it looks nothing like Luigi.

Gosh, seriously people... stop saying "Luigi is going to be in for sure." it's been said so many times, and there's no conversation to it. Think up of something better, or don't post at all. -_- please?

*waits for the inevitable "Luigi is going to be in for sure!" post to come up in the next few posts in this topic*

Top Bottom