• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Luigi in Brawl Topic (CONFIRMED! Pictures inside!)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Luigi does not need a club. He WILL be in, there are no intelligent arguments against it besides the Mario-related clone thing. But Luigi could be further "Luigified" easily. The clubs that were made are characters that have chances but have a possibility of NOT making it. I should know, I created the S.S.S. for Sonic. I know he made it, but the S.S.S. was started about a month before Sonic was confirmed. And there was that chance that Sega would screw it up back then.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
if theres a club im in. luigi is the most fun to play as by far. i hope he becomes top tier in brawl with the focus on ariel combat

SonicMario

Smash Master
Well, if we're goign ahead with this. I might as well join too. Still, clubs for basically shoe-in veterans are sort of pointless. But I'll go ahead and join if that's what we're doing. If not, then ignore this.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
.... I say Luigi should have a club. He doesn't have too many supporters anyways...
it should be called "The Green Team".
Ha. Cliche.
I can photoshop, so I'll make a banner on whatever name picked.
I say no.

Luigi has tons of supporters. That doesn't need to be proved to anybody.

As I said before I'm sick of these clubs. Of course not all of them are bad, but the majority of them are going around picking fights with other character support topics. It's got really old really fast. We really don't need that happening here.

This a discussion about Luigi. Luigi's too cool to have a club. He doesn't need a group of arrogant people who lash out when somebody supports another character.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
In melee, I would rather play as luigi than Mario anyday. If/When luigi gets in, they will change his b-down for sure, since mario's got changed, it wouldn't make sense for him to have it as a b move while mario has it as an a move. It will most likely be the vacuum. I kind of hope Sakurai can implement some power-ups from mario galaxy. That would be pretty cool, since they didnt add it to mario, they can add it to luigi because he uses them too (ice ftw :])

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
well look how much more post are coming in from this club thing
my bad big mistake your right he doesn't need one but oh well

this ideal was :psycho: i was just mad about some idiot for saying he was not in

I laugh at the stupidity of club bashing: why not just have a club because a character is freakin'
awesome and not bashing other clubs? Revolutionary! If anyone cares, I'll be here for the club thing.
Anywho, Luigi is going to be in, period. End of story. We have no need to discuss if he will be in or not.
Let's talk physics: Now that wavedash is out, should Luigi be as slippery? I say absolutely because it could become an alternative to wavedashing very quickly if he was slippery. I also liked his floatyness in Melee but I hope he isn't more floaty because that would get insane.
B moves should probably also be more recovery oriented: Luigi isn't a power house character and I want some of his moves to be solid recovery moves. I want his up b to have angle and his side b to not have so much ridiculous lag.
Agreements? Disagreements?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You think making a club out of this would bring more discussion?

Yeah... spam. Nothing more.

Clubs are just a stupid little fad. The Sonic one wasn't bad, but then we had to have one for Ashley and Geno (a character I support, but I've gotten very annoyed by the club.), and even more. There's nothing really cool about it.

If there's nothing you can contribute to the topic than you don't have to post. Seriously. This topic doesn't have to be at the top of the topics list 24/7.

As for my discussion on Luigi. We need Mr. L! Anybody else agree? I'd love for him to be an alternate costume. Having Dark Link, I think it might be a possibility. ^_^

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
having mario's down special as fudd makes me think that luigi's will be his vacuum. that is if they make his moveset from meele as a base for the moves

also i think his netural special should be his green lightning not fire

You think making a club out of this would bring more discussion?

Yeah... spam. Nothing more.

Clubs are just a stupid little fad. The Sonic one wasn't bad, but then we had to have one for Ashley and Geno (a character I support, but I've gotten very annoyed by the club.), and even more. There's nothing really cool about it.

If there's nothing you can contribute to the topic than you don't have to post. Seriously. This topic doesn't have to be at the top of the topics list 24/7.

As for my discussion on Luigi. We need Mr. L! Anybody else agree? I'd love for him to be an alternate costume. Having Dark Link, I think it might be a possibility. ^_^
Did you even read my freakin' post? I said I would like there to be a club based on the fact that Luigi is awesome, not that we really have anything to prove or anything to disprove. If you don't like it that's fine and you are free to feel that way.
You probably didn't read the rest of my post dealing with Luigi's physics and b moves did you special boy? You probably should because I was trying to create some discussion for Luigi's physics and his possible game in Brawl. READ BEFORE YOU POST SMART ONE.
Oh, I do agree with Mr. L. Only good thing in your post. The rest was ignorant opinionated jabber.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Actually I did read your post. -_- Way too insult me for no reason.

This part:

Wasn't aimed at you. I'm just saying we don't need a club to bring activity to this topic. It's not ignorance saying that clubs bring about spam. It's the truth. I've seen it happen to all of the club topics. But then again spam happens everywhere on this forum. -_-

Actually I did read your post. -_- Way too insult me for no reason.

This part:

Wasn't aimed at you. I'm just saying we don't need a club to bring activity to this topic. It's not ignorance saying that clubs bring about spam. It's the truth. I've seen it happen to all of the club topics. But then again spam happens everywhere on this forum. -_-
I'm indeed very sorry about that it has been a long day (no excuse, but still). Everyone on the brawl boards is so aggressive... so I assumed the worst. My apologizes.
Anyways... enough of that. I did look at the Ashley board and it is full of spamness. I will agree there. Quoted for truth.
EVERYONE TURN YOUR HEADS THIS WAY...
Back to Luigi's physics: (from previous post)
Let's talk physics: Now that wavedash is out, should Luigi be as slippery? I say absolutely because it could become an alternative to wavedashing very quickly if he was slippery. I also liked his floatyness in Melee but I hope he isn't more floaty because that would get insane.
B moves should probably also be more recovery oriented: Luigi isn't a power house character and I want some of his moves to be solid recovery moves. I want his up b to have angle and his side b to not have so much ridiculous lag.
Agreements? Disagreements?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, the whole low traction element of Luigi has been a part of his character for quite awhile. I'm pretty sure dash cancelling was in the demo and Luigi will probably still have a good one. I agree about having a better recovery as well since his acrobatics is pretty much the main focus of his character as well.

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
luigi really isnt a clone.....he looks similar, but movesets differ sometimes....examples:
side b mario :cape
side b luigi: luigi missle
up b: similar both, but luigi stronger
down b: similar, but different mehtods of keeping opponents in
their smash attacks differ sometimes....but really..if sakurai changes him a lil to be no clone whatsoever i would be pleased

in further notice luigi is deffinatly in brawl cause of these reasons 1. hes marios brother 2. hes been in all smashes

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The second reason is nothing but speculation. It really doesn't look like Ness is returning, but look! He was in the original 12! :o

Anyways I wouldn't worry about Luigi not returning, the game wouldn't make any sense without him. Having all of those Mario characters and not Luigi? That wouldn't be a smart move by Sakurai.

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
The second reason is nothing but speculation. It really doesn't look like Ness is returning, but look! He was in the original 12! :o

Anyways I wouldn't worry about Luigi not returning, the game wouldn't make any sense without him. Having all of those Mario characters and not Luigi? That wouldn't be a smart move by Sakurai.
yea ur right, but if warios in, what about waluigi?? i wonder what movesets he would have.,....guess i can look for a waluigi thread....but yea smash without luigi is like a PB & J with out the jellly

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
yea ur right, but if warios in, what about waluigi?? i wonder what movesets he would have.,....guess i can look for a waluigi thread....but yea smash without luigi is like a PB & J with out the jellly
waluigi should be nothing more than a costume for luigi
same with daisy and peach

:urg: urg i just think the update today says so i mean 6 costumes there you go

SonicMario

Smash Master
I hope Luigi actually gets his voice. Melee & 64 had him only have higher-pitched Mario sounds. Even in Melee's sound test the "WHOA!" sounds the same

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wario is representing his series Wario Ware... Waluigi is no where to be found in those games...

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I don't think he'll be announced at the Dojo, since he'll probably(again!) be an unlockable. I really wish they'd make Luigi a little differen't, though.

New look, attitude, and voice.
Actually faster running than Mario
Not losing so dang much speed when run-jumping.
New special moves:
Up B > Like Yoshi's flutter jump. When performed from ground and it hits from the first frame it'll do massive damage.
Neutral B > Vacuum Random element fire
Side B > Green Missile, now holdable
Down B > Vacuum sucking
Dr. Mario's like thunderhand as Forward Smash
A stronger version of Mario's uptilt as up smash. Not much startup lag, but some afterlag though.
Luigi handstanding and kicking both ways with his feet as down smash.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Not a bad moveset, but I still think that neutral B should be a Thunderhand move. I really like the Up B move, it fits Luigi a lot better than the one he's had for the first two games.

BTW, I strongly doubt that unlockable characters won't be shown on the Dojo. It would be odd to have both third party characters announced so far from the start (Sakurai said they would be unlockable) along with three Kirby characters from the start.

He could be announced any day now!

still having problems but this is the best i could do

i think we should put fan art on the front page
Those fanart pics are anit Luigi! He isn't his true green self (moreover, he is being awkward in most of those pics anyways...)
Why not keep some of Luigi's attributes similar to Mario's? They may be different, but they are brothers and should have some attributes similar (like the N-air).
I don't see why not. I would rather Luigi keep his Up-B that is more like the one in the N64.
I had a random brainstorm on the second jump though: Suppose after the end of his jumps it was a flutter just like in SMB2 (a fairly short one). That way he might keep his recovery moves that suck right now.
Disagreements? I expect a few...

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
I think he's going to get his vacuum in brawl. It'll be assigned to down-b and his cyclone will be down-a, similar to mario's change.

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he'll be announced at the Dojo, since he'll probably(again!) be an unlockable. I really wish they'd make Luigi a little differen't, though.

New look, attitude, and voice.
Actually faster running than Mario
Not losing so dang much speed when run-jumping.
New special moves:
Up B > Like Yoshi's flutter jump. When performed from ground and it hits from the first frame it'll do massive damage.
Neutral B > Vacuum Random element fire
Side B > Green Missile, now holdable
Down B > Vacuum sucking
Dr. Mario's like thunderhand as Forward Smash
A stronger version of Mario's uptilt as up smash. Not much startup lag, but some afterlag though.
Luigi handstanding and kicking both ways with his feet as down smash.
sounds good, but the ^b needs more work....something unique...something that would make luigi PERFECT

I believe the Vaccum would suck a person toward Luigi to be set up for combos. Instead of pushing like Mario's Fludd.
Here is a problem I imagined when I'm sucking someone closer to me as Luigi: Are they immobile or not? If they are for any extended period of time it's broken and if they're not they can just attack Luigi and the attack would be useless.

SonicMario

Smash Master
It could be liek that. I mean, it'd have to have somesort of down side to using it. Mario's just merelypushes, it does not have much knockback. Or so I've heard.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well maybe there'd be a few seconds where Luigi would have to put away the vacuum and the opponent would be able to attack if you aren't quick enough.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They could have it's hold on people only be for a while as I see it sucking them close and into the vaccum stopping it up, Luigi could get a few moves in, then the hold would be over and the person would be able to break free.

Not really all that broken.

Does anyone have a Luigi support icon?

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
Luigi shouldn't return, Sakurai knows better than to put a character that will be overshadowed by Mario yet again.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
Luigi shouldn't return, Sakurai knows better than to put a character that will be overshadowed by Mario yet again.

see i told you guys theres haters out there

JustABill said:
They could have it's hold on people only be for a while as I see it sucking them close and into the vaccum stopping it up, Luigi could get a few moves in, then the hold would be over and the person would be able to break free.

Not really all that broken.

Does anyone have a Luigi support icon?
i know i can't find one i want 1 to

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Eh... I can't take that post seriously.

Anyways, it doesn't matter whether haters exist or not. There's a lot of haters of Sonic, but he's playable. Wow.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've found more lately that on most of the message boards I frequent people like Luigi over Mario.

Top Bottom